2012-2013 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any current Jefferson students speak to the amount of extra work required in doing the College within the College: Clinical Translational Research track? Also, how competitive is the program to get into and how do they decide who gets in? Thanks!

It's not competitive really, you just have to find a willing PI with a project. There's basically very little extra work during the school year but they require you to do research over the summer full-time between M1 and M2. If you're in CWiC CTR you're more likely to get a research scholarship over the summer than applicants not in the program. If you are doing research anyway you may as well do the CWiC CTR program for the extra support and recognition it provides

Members don't see this ad.

Any waitlist movement yet? I'm on the HP list. Anyone have any idea if the waitlists move immediately on May 15th or is it closer to June like some schools?

Any waitlist movement yet? I'm on the HP list. Anyone have any idea if the waitlists move immediately on May 15th or is it closer to June like some schools?

Last year movement started earlier in the month, but I just sent an update and got an automated response that Dr. Callahan is out of the office May 2-12, so I think we will see a LOT of movement next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year movement started earlier in the month, but I just sent an update and got an automated response that Dr. Callahan is out of the office May 2-12, so I think we will see a LOT of movement next week!

Thanks for the news!! I hope you're right :)

Do the white coats at Jeff have any embroidering? I thought they had a patch on the sleeve, but I saw some 1st/2nd years around and they didn't have any at all that I noticed...

Do the white coats at Jeff have any embroidering? I thought they had a patch on the sleeve, but I saw some 1st/2nd years around and they didn't have any at all that I noticed...

Negative. :(

Just a nametag and a couple pins they gave us.

Anyone having trouble logging onto jeffmail / pulse? My password doesn't work anymore despite not having changed it...strange.

Did someone call? :laugh:

Mine is working fine. The password is case sensitive, so maybe you're forgetting a capital letter or something?

Haha. That's the thing, my password was auto-saved onto my email client. And I made sure to type it in manually several times, very carefully. Nada. It's almost as if the system reset my password. It just all of a sudden stopped working this morning after working yesterday.

My memory is bad but I don't think it's bad enough to forget in one day. :laugh:

Looks like I'll just have to call tech support on Monday.

:mad:

So is the wait list going to move this week as soon as the 15th hits or does it take an extra week for it to move?

And so it's begun... Congratulations!

Btw, I'm an easy-going guy looking for a roommate, so if you're definitely going to Jeff next year and are looking for someone to live with, PM me and we can work things out. I'm close-ish to Philly, so I can scout out a place if necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT THE CALL!!!!

Interviewed back in october and hp waitlisted....will be attending!! WHOOP:love:

Congrats wanderedtoolong and docintraining! Did you also receive a status update or an email? I'm in a no service area :(

Congrats wanderedtoolong and docintraining! Did you also receive a status update or an email? I'm in a no service area :(

Thanks! I only got a phone call- you may want to email Dr. Callahan and just let her know you're not reachable by phone . ..

So when/ how do I get my jefferson email account? Will there be info about it in my official acceptance letter? And does that come by email or snail mail? Need to get moving on all of this paperwork. Thanks!

So when/ how do I get my jefferson email account? Will there be info about it in my official acceptance letter? And does that come by email or snail mail? Need to get moving on all of this paperwork. Thanks!
you should receive an email within a day or two with jefferson email set-up info. you'll also get a financial aid email around the same time. a card is mailed to you, which you should receive within a week, congratulating you on your acceptance and asking for a $100 non-refundable deposit.

Is it a coincidence that the people getting offers from the HP wait list interviewed early in the season? I interviewed later and was placed on the HP list. Does this hurt my chances?

Just got accepted of the HPWL.

Dr. Callahan said I wouldn't be getting an email, just a letter through the mail.
I'm pretty sure she said that? Maybe I'm dreaming....

Did any other HPWL acceptance people get emails?

Is it a coincidence that the people getting offers from the HP wait list interviewed early in the season? I interviewed later and was placed on the HP list. Does this hurt my chances?

I interviewed on the last interview day of the season.

Just got accepted of the HPWL.

Dr. Callahan said I wouldn't be getting an email, just a letter through the mail.
I'm pretty sure she said that? Maybe I'm dreaming....

Did any other HPWL acceptance people get emails?

no acceptance email here- I did eventually get an email from financial aid though, with info about campus key for login etc- it sometimes takes a few days

Had any people that got off the high priority waitlist been in contact with Dr. Callahan or Dr. Brooks? Just wondering if they had given you an idea if you were going to get off the waitlist-- I know someone who is waitlisted at another school and the adcom there basically told her she would get in after sending in a couple updates.

Had any people that got off the high priority waitlist been in contact with Dr. Callahan or Dr. Brooks? Just wondering if they had given you an idea if you were going to get off the waitlist-- I know someone who is waitlisted at another school and the adcom there basically told her she would get in after sending in a couple updates.

No, I sent an update/LOI and got polite replies but no indication of ranking or chances.

So is the post deadline flood of HP waitlist offers over with? Or does the flood continue throughout the week?

So is the post deadline flood of HP waitlist offers over with? Or does the flood continue throughout the week?
I'm pretty sure it continues based on previous years. The people that heard today from other schools may be withdrawing from Jeff. That said the flood does start to turn to a trickle. Anyone else care to comment?

no acceptance email here- I did eventually get an email from financial aid though, with info about campus key for login etc- it sometimes takes a few days

I just got that email. My campus key isn't in the system yet it seems. I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm going to try and be calm and study for my Number Theory final now.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Lack of sleep has made me rather delusional.:eek:

Theres only been 1-2 people reporting per day on SDN for the past three days. If that was the flood I'm sorely disappointed.

I just got that email. My campus key isn't in the system yet it seems. I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm going to try and be calm and study for my Number Theory final now.

Thanks for the reassurance though. Lack of sleep has made me rather delusional.:eek:

no prob- If you continue to have problems with your campus key, Dr. Callahan is super helpful, and she responds ridiculously quickly.

I was accepted yesterday, too!! Interviewed in late December, HP wait list in January.

Here is my situation: I'm currently accepted to a DO school and I have to be there July 8th, so i'm in a bit of a time crunch. I'm on the JMC HP list and I haven't heard anything yet. At what point does it become extremely unlikely that I will get an offer off of the JMC list? Is the May 15th flood over with or is the admissions committee still sorting out people from that deadline? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Here is my situation: I'm currently accepted to a DO school and I have to be there July 8th, so i'm in a bit of a time crunch. I'm on the JMC HP list and I haven't heard anything yet. At what point does it become extremely unlikely that I will get an offer off of the JMC list? Is the May 15th flood over with or is the admissions committee still sorting out people from that deadline? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Send in an update with your specific situation.

Send in an update with your specific situation.

Are you sure it is ok to let them know that you are accepted elsewhere? My last update was sent in April 8th. I don't have anything new except for my DO situation. Are you sure that warrants a letter of interest?

Are you sure it is ok to let them know that you are accepted elsewhere? My last update was sent in April 8th. I don't have anything new except for my DO situation. Are you sure that warrants a letter of interest?

I think so. If you're willing to drop the DO acceptance to go to Jeff, let them know that in addition to the limited time frame that you have. It certainly can't hurt.

In other news, got the call for housing assignment, so they're rolling out. They mail you the agreement, and you have ten days to accept.

My advice to those waiting:

Email the Dean, let her know that you intend to go to Jeff if accepted, update her on your life and accomplishments, and briefly describe how you and the school can benefit from having you there as a student. You might want to keep it short, she is very busy.

Good luck

from what I have heard (when I went to an interview elsewhere) saying a school is your number one choice and you will attend no matter what holds more weight if you already have an acceptance to another school (the thinking is that if you are not accepted anywhere they just assume you are writing a similar letter to all schools trying to get in somewhere).

I know that all schools can see where you have been accepted with regards to allopathic schools but I don't know if they can see DO acceptances. if Jeff is your without-a-doubt number 1 I would probably mention that you have acceptances to osteopathic schools but that Jeff is you top choice. I cannot imagine it would hurt.

Anyone know anything about what health requirements (vaccinations, physical, etc.) we have to fulfill for matriculation and when this information is sent out? Trying to coordinate multiple vacation trips and making doctor's appointments.

Haven't received my admission packet yet (accepted) -- is there an academic calendar for this upcoming year on the website anywhere? I've done a lot of looking and can only find the PDF for last year's calendar? Does a calendar come with the packet..?

Status
Not open for further replies.