2012-2013 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Withdrew my GWU waitlist spot for my OHSU acceptance today. Good luck to all! I hope to see some of you interviewing for residency here. Lord knows I will!

Congratulations!!! But who will panic with me about the waitlist now?! :p:D
Best of luck at OHSU!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
People in the ED usually are pretty traumatized so give them a break. You are probably right and justified in your assessment though. You seem very thoughtful.

GW just sent me some information after my application and secondary were submitted. I wonder if they read my application and filtered it through the MCAT, GPA screen into the circular bin.

Stephen

Wow I also interviewed on feb 26th..how come they have so much variation in reviewing files for people who are interviewed on the same day?? But congratulations. It's great news :). Do you mind posting your stats?

Wow I also interviewed on feb 26th..how come they have so much variation in reviewing files for people who are interviewed on the same day?? But congratulations. It's great news :). Do you mind posting your stats?

I interviewed on 21st. *bites nails*

I think it just depends on when your interviewer turns in the paperwork.

So I just got an email from them and they have put me on alternate list. This is my fourth one now and it's super frustrating and disappointing. I really thought the interview was amazing and everything was good. I am assuming my stats could be something that's holding me back here. They have sent a form we need to fill out and are asking for updated information. Can we write a letter or just an update of one or two lines?? Any suggestions??

So I just got an email from them and they have put me on alternate list. This is my fourth one now and it's super frustrating and disappointing. I really thought the interview was amazing and everything was good. I am assuming my stats could be something that's holding me back here. They have sent a form we need to fill out and are asking for updated information. Can we write a letter or just an update of one or two lines?? Any suggestions??

I wrote several paragraphs, essentially a mini update letter. No word limit from what I could tell.

Sorry about being waitlisted. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed Feb 19, nothing so far...just waiting n waiting hoping to hear good news

Anyone else getting worried by how many people are in the FB group? Does anyone know around how many people are on the WL? :scared:

What do you mean? There are a lot of staff + second years in the group it seems.

Accepted Whooooo! Can't believe it. I am overjoyed..Got inetrviewed 19 of February. Good luck to all that have not heard yet

I'm kinda freaking out right now. My status changed to "correspondence has been sent". Anyone know what that means? Do they reject post interview?

I'm kinda freaking out right now. My status changed to "correspondence has been sent". Anyone know what that means? Do they reject post interview?

Fingers crossed for you! My status is still at thank you for attending blah blah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they do reject post-interview. however, i'm not sure what your particular status means

Edit: I was wait-listed and this is my status "The Committee on Admissions is pleased to inform you that you have been selected as an alternate for the first year class of the program leading to the Doctor of Medicine degree. A final decision has yet to be made regarding an acceptance."

Last edited:
It says that the correspondence is sent by postal mail so I'm guessing that it's a final decision. I seriously hope it's not a rejection.

It says that the correspondence is sent by postal mail so I'm guessing that it's a final decision. I seriously hope it's not a rejection.

Hmm, you didn't receive an email from GW? Maybe check your spam folder

Woah I just noticed that our statuses are colored on the site. I must be the least observant person ever.

BTW I remember reading something about the status a while ago so I looked back and I found someone that got accepted and has the same status as you, Shaker.

Last edited:
Woah I just noticed that our statuses are colored on the site. I must be the least observant person ever.

BTW I remember reading something about the status a while ago so I looked back and I found someone that got accepted and has the same status as you, Shaker.

It didn't have color before.

Yeah, it's been mixed. Some guy got accepted, another got rejected, another got waitlisted. It's such a mystery! I thought they did all of their correspondence by email.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Shaker and Goobs when did you guys interview? I am just trying to get an idea of how far along they are with the applications. I interviewed March 8th and am still waiting, but I assume it's still a little early to hear back yet. Though it sounded like Huskies heard back in about a month.

Hey Shaker and Goobs when did you guys interview? I am just trying to get an idea of how far along they are with the applications. I interviewed March 8th and am still waiting, but I assume it's still a little early to hear back yet. Though it sounded like Huskies heard back in about a month.

2/21. Mine is taking abnormally long though.

I interviewed the same day as you! Hopefully this is our week!

Rejected post interview. I don't understand. I just don't.

Anyone still on the wait-list? What's our projected timeline?

I know May 15th is the day where only *1* (acceptance) spot can be held per student.

Most of the wait-list movement will occur around then.

Has anyone been accepted already?

Cheers.

Yep I'm on the list and waiting anxiously (no acceptances currently). I'm guessing there will be a little bit of movement before may 15th but it will really pick up after that.

I haven't seen anyone on this forum get in off the WL already.

Anyone still on the wait-list? What's our projected timeline?

I know May 15th is the day where only *1* (acceptance) spot can be held per student.

Most of the wait-list movement will occur around then.

Has anyone been accepted already?

Cheers.

Also giving myself ulcers waiting for May to roll around. According to last year's thread, some people got a "likely to be contacted" email at the beginning of May and some got *the call* as soon as May 2nd. I don't think anyone on the waitlist has heard anything yet.

just got wait listed, sucks :(
hopefully there will be a lot of movement this year

just got wait listed, sucks :(
hopefully there will be a lot of movement this year

Sorry to hear! I interviewed the same day so it's about my time to hear back too :scared:

Hey Goobs you interviewed on March 8th? Where are you from? I'm not sure if we met, but I was the guy currently in a Master's program at Georgetown. Ring any bells?

Hey Goobs you interviewed on March 8th? Where are you from? I'm not sure if we met, but I was the guy currently in a Master's program at Georgetown. Ring any bells?

Definitely remember that you sat a few spots to my left, but I've forgotten everyone's faces by now. I was one of the Californians from sf.

Has anyone called in or heard anything recently about WL movement? I know it'll mostly start on May 15th, but I thought a few would get in before then…so nervous :scared:

Definitely remember that you sat a few spots to my left, but I've forgotten everyone's faces by now. I was one of the Californians from sf.

gotcha, yeah I remember there being quite a few people from California, well good luck, I'd expect you'll be hearing back soon then

this thread has been pretty dead. has anyone heard anything recently? Does anyone know when WL applicants might start to hear back? I read that last year kids started to hear back late april/early may

Status
Not open for further replies.