2012-2013 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! They just called me to offer me a seat in the class. Did not expect to hear back till after May 15th so this a HUGE surprise.
congratulations!!! !!!
would you tell us if your status page changed?

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations!!! !!!
would you tell us if your status page changed?

My status page changed to a correspondence has been sent. However I received a phone call telling me I was accepted and asking me if I wanted to accept the seat yet my status didnt change till the next day.

Did anyone get "merit e-mails" like some waitlisters from last years thread?
WLers from last year got a merit email on 5/2 followed by a call on or before 5/15.

I think this is going to be a big week for a lot of us. Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that more accepted applicants are choosing to go to GW than anticipated. and that most of the WL has already occurred :(

Source: Current GW student

A couple people have messaged asking about the legitimacy of my source. The current student claims it's something that they heard. However they also said they aren't 100% sure if its true and it could just be pure speculation. Lets hope for our sake its speculation!

When I paste my app link in my browser, it says page not found, so I have been unable to access my status page--has anyone else been having this problem?

This has happened on all of my browsers.

When I paste my app link in my browser, it says page not found, so I have been unable to access my status page--has anyone else been having this problem?

This has happened on all of my browsers.

No my page just appears with the alternate listed message

Working fine for me too.
sorry to be annoying about this--i interviewed back in september and haven't logged into the site in months and am perhaps overlooking something really obvious.
so am I correct in assuming that our status of being on the "alternate list" or having "correspondence sent" is on the website we used to fill out our secondaries?
I have tried to open that link to log on, but every time I paste it into my browsers, it just redirects me to a "Page Not Found".
Am I using the wrong link? I don't remember receiving any other link to check our statuses.

sorry to be annoying about this--i interviewed back in september and haven't logged into the site in months and am perhaps overlooking something really obvious.
so am I correct in assuming that our status of being on the "alternate list" or having "correspondence sent" is on the website we used to fill out our secondaries?
I have tried to open that link to log on, but every time I paste it into my browsers, it just redirects me to a "Page Not Found".
Am I using the wrong link? I don't remember receiving any other link to check our statuses.

Yup it's the secondary link :https://jboss.gwumc.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/

The email was entitled GW Admissions Site Login

Members don't see this ad :)
Quote from old GW thread: I asked Dean McQuail how the waitlist moves, and she said the same quote that you can find in old waitlist letters, "fluid and organic pool". However, in the past, GWU has sent out letters in March to applicants they deem "top of the pool applicants". The rest of the waitlist get generic "fluid and organic pool" letters. Still, I think I heard somewhere that they didn't differentiate top of the pool from rest of the pool last year...but don't quote me on that. I'm just a lowly student, wanting the same thing everyone else here wants! Going by what I've heard/read...You're really better off calling them, and they like it when you show initiative and interest!-----------

Has anyone else received a letter indicating "top pool" or other?

Got the call on friday May 10th, and have been jumping up and down since! Good luck to all the other applicants and I can't wait to meet everyone! Where is everybody staying? Looking at apartments in the area, it is insane!!!

quick question, does it help that I received an interview here when I reapply for next cycle?

congrats! I am starting to think my luck at this school might've run out

Thanks! Yeah it really does, this is my first acceptance so I'm pretty pumped.

What did you do to get off the WL? Did you call and speak to someone specific? Did you send a lot of e-mails? Please let me know what you did. Thanks!

Thanks! I sent them several updates and really made sure they knew how much I wanted to go to their school.

Thanks! I sent them several updates and really made sure they knew how much I wanted to go to their school.

Ok cool. Did you call or just send e-mails? I've sent a bunch of e-mails and called etc, but just wondering how often you called or wrote etc. Any details would be much appreciated!

Also congrats! Must feel great!

I wonder if the class is already full. Already 194 people in the Facebook group (up from 176 2 weeks ago)

Hey guys, just got a reply from admissions this morning that the class is full as of now. Let's hope some of these people decide on something else! :/

Hey guys, just got a reply from admissions this morning that the class is full as of now. Let's hope some of these people decide on something else! :/

That was quick :(

That was quick :(
Actually, even when I called in the afternoon on May 15th the admissions said the class was full. So I'm thinking they probably had enough cushion before May 15th that many spots didn't open up even after people dropped out. Grrrrreat...

Actually, even when I called in the afternoon on May 15th the admissions said the class was full. So I'm thinking they probably had enough cushion before May 15th that many spots didn't open up even after people dropped out. Grrrrreat...

I was just thinking, wouldn't the class always be full, though? One person withdraws, and they call the next person on the waitlist immediately, I'm assuming. Or at least it should probably be full from this point onward? So spots could be moving, we just might not know. Just trying to ration in my mind to stay positive.

Tha's true, but I was personally hoping a bunch of people sitting on multiple acceptances would tell GW no thanks on the 15th. In my mind, a giant void opens on the waitlist into which we all jump, screaming happily.

I think there are a good number of people who have been accepted off the WL recently that just don't comment on here.

True but when I called last week the admissions person said "There's been soooome movement" and the email this morning also said "some" movement. I took it to mean that there hasn't been a lot. But who knows.

I was accepted this cycle off the waitlist a couple weeks ago. Since I have been accepted around 10-15 ppl have posted that they were accepted recently and therefore I assume the waitlist so their has been some movement. Beyond that from some people I have spoken to, they have said they are holding this acceptance but waiting to hear back from other schools to make a final decision so their is still room for more movement.

I was accepted this cycle off the waitlist a couple weeks ago. Since I have been accepted around 10-15 ppl have posted that they were accepted recently and therefore I assume the waitlist so their has been some movement. Beyond that from some people I have spoken to, they have said they are holding this acceptance but waiting to hear back from other schools to make a final decision so their is still room for more movement.

What did you do to get off the waitlist?

I got off the waitlist last week. I just sent routine letters of interest.

Btw, does anyone know if GWU gives need based scholarships/grants and up to how much they offer?

thats pretty much useless...there's no information about it in terms of numbers....nice try champ

thats pretty much useless...there's no information about it in terms of numbers....nice try champ

Well, I respectfully disagree. To know how much need-based aid you qualify for, you have to submit an application with your and your parent's financial info and taxes. I shared the site with info on the application process. The only people who know the actual numbers are the financial aid office, who's contact info is in the link I provided.

The Facebook group seems to be steadily adding people everyday. For those accepted, do you know if the new members just got pulled off the waitlist?

The Facebook group seems to be steadily adding people everyday. For those accepted, do you know if the new members just got pulled off the waitlist?

Some of the new people added are people that will direct our orientation, and other current MS1s signing on to answer questions. I dont think they are new added students but I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.