2012-2013 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess GW reviewed their applications again for last minute interview spots? I got an email today saying they reviewed my application again after being officially rejected a couple months ago. Aaaaaand they rejected me again. lol Thanks, GW I think I get the point now.

Members don't see this ad.

this thread has been pretty dead. has anyone heard anything recently? Does anyone know when WL applicants might start to hear back? I read that last year kids started to hear back late april/early may

Still waiting for my post interview decision :(

I guess GW reviewed their applications again for last minute interview spots? I got an email today saying they reviewed my application again after being officially rejected a couple months ago. Aaaaaand they rejected me again. lol Thanks, GW I think I get the point now.

Lol wtf.

Members don't see this ad :)

Haha that's good

For anyone who got the "you will remain under active status, if any interview spots open up in the Spring" email, do you know when we should hear?!

For anyone who got the "you will remain under active status, if any interview spots open up in the Spring" email, do you know when we should hear?!

Is this a recent status change?

Edit: The reason I ask is they said to give them 8-10 weeks for a decision post interview. If they only give you 1 week notice in advance, you'll be interviewing at the start of May and 8-10 weeks would put you in July territory. Even if they only took half the time you'd be hearing back in June. Due to this I don't think you'll be hearing back for an interview unless that status change was recent, and they're putting a rush on interviews and decisions.

Edit 2: Just found the status, and it looks like they said they'll get back to you in late April. I take back everything I've said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! But who will panic with me about the waitlist now?! :p:D
Best of luck at OHSU!
So after months of suffering alone, I finally found SDN, and more importantly, this thread! Hello all fellow applicants and GW hopefuls!

I'm a waitlister/alternate for GW too, so in response to anyone wanting support there, I'm all ears (or eyes, rather) and happy to chat. :) May 15th is coming so soon, crossing my fingers for that call/email! Best of luck to all of you; so happy to have found this.

I've been a long time lurker of this thread and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate it. It's really helped me get through this application process.

Anyone making back-up plans if they don't get in off the waitlist? It's hard to commit to a job or anything of the sort without really knowing......

However, I'm also afraid I won't be able to find a job if I wait till July...
Yeah, I'm graduating from an MPH program in a few weeks, so I'm applying for jobs all over. I figure at the very least I can make some $$ this summer and move to DC in August if I get the call... As one current MD student told me, it would be better to have that backup plan in place and burn a bridge after you get accepted, than to not be accepted and left high and dry. What have you decided to do (if anything)?

Interviewed on Mar 22...

Accepted Apr 23!!!!!!!!!

I've got like two weeks to figure my life out!!! Assuming that Temple (the only other place that gave me interview out of the five schools I applied to) doesn't respond favorably, looks like I'm going to GW!!!!

:):):):):)Either way doesn't matter, I'm in!!! I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone else!
I was just accepted today as well as of 2:17pm!!!

I am so stoked, this is my first accept and it's one of my top choices!!

Stats: 3.74 cGPA and sGPA, 31 MCAT (10/11/10, PS/VR/BS)

WAHOOOOO!!!!

congrats!!

i got on the alternate list today... sigh, thought i had a good shot here.. interviewed 3/21 as well

Congrats to everyone else!
I was just accepted today as well as of 2:17pm!!!

I am so stoked, this is my first accept and it's one of my top choices!!

Stats: 3.74 cGPA and sGPA, 31 MCAT (10/11/10, PS/VR/BS)

WAHOOOOO!!!!
What does your online status page say?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate listed as well :( interviewed 3/8. Looks like they took the congratulations out of the email though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, after getting the "we'll maybe interview you but probably not," the "it's almost impossible we'll interview you but we might," and the last minute interview on 3/28, I am now accepted.

I'm really surprised but very happy! Not sure if I'll accept as of now but so relieved to have heard.

Hey Charmed, what did you do during your interview? It sounds like you did something right! Congratulations! Did you have a lot of school or extracurricular activity updates?

anyone on the waitlist get an extreme merit email? From last years thread, GW sent it out on May 1st. Just wondering if anyone got this email (I didn't)

I haven't gotten anything yet =/. For all we know we might not hear till later in May. I don't think there is any sort of pattern for these types of things

last year there was alot of movement. I hope they have the same this year.

They haven't open up the WL yet it seems....does this mean there will be less movement this year than last year ? :(

They haven't open up the WL yet it seems....does this mean there will be less movement this year than last year ? :(

Try to relax and hope for the best... remember there is no real way to judge movement until after the 15th when people have to decide between schools.. Let's hope for the both of us :)

Apparently they had a second look day this year for the first time and it just happened on Monday, so it could be that they're on a later time schedule because of it...or I could just be rationalizing things to try to stay calm lol

I really, really hope that they're just on a delayed schedule because reading through the GW alternate list in 2010 was depressing. There was no movement prior to May 15th and by 5/19 or so, the class was already full. Only 3 or so on sdn got pulled off the waitlist (unlike last year where it seemed like lots).

I really, really hope that they're just on a delayed schedule because reading through the GW alternate list in 2010 was depressing. There was no movement prior to May 15th and by 5/19 or so, the class was already full. Only 3 or so on sdn got pulled off the waitlist (unlike last year where it seemed like lots).

I wish you didn't tell me that

I emailed and got a response saying there has been "some movement" on the alternate list. They also said that the class is currently full. Does this mean they've already accepted people off the WL? No one has posted on SDN saying they were accepted off the WL. Is there going to be more WL movement soon??? UGH.

I emailed and got a response saying there has been "some movement" on the alternate list. They also said that the class is currently full. Does this mean they've already accepted people off the WL? No one has posted on SDN saying they were accepted off the WL. Is there going to be more WL movement soon??? UGH.
Just an FYI from my experience on the wait list last summer.. this school is infuriating when it comes to disclosing any information. Basically expect to either a) get accepted or b) have no clue what's happening and get absolutely no information from admissions

Hopefully they meant people have been withdrawing from the wait list lol :)

hey SourD21, would you mind pasting the response you got from admissions? thanks!

Hopefully they meant people have been withdrawing from the wait list lol :)

I was thinking this too but I feel like thats hoping for too much. Here is the email I received:

"Thank you for your message. There has been some movement on the alternate list. The class is currently full. As spots become available the admissions committee will review files as necessary to keep the class full. If your status changes, you will be contacted by phone immediately. You may continue to keep our office updated with any new information by emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your continued interest in GW."

I was thinking this too but I feel like thats hoping for too much. Here is the email I received:

"Thank you for your message. There has been some movement on the alternate list. The class is currently full. As spots become available the admissions committee will review files as necessary to keep the class full. If your status changes, you will be contacted by phone immediately. You may continue to keep our office updated with any new information by emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your continued interest in GW."

The Facebook group has 176 members, up by 6 from
Friday

So I guess none of the six accepted students were SDN users? Assuming the increase was new students added

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! They just called me to offer me a seat in the class. Did not expect to hear back till after May 15th so this a HUGE surprise.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!! They just called me to offer me a seat in the class. Did not expect to hear back till after May 15th so this a HUGE surprise.

Congrats!!! Will you be attending?? If you don't mind, what are you stats? Were you on the wait list? and if so, when did you get put on it?

Congrats!!! Will you be attending?? If you don't mind, what are you stats? Were you on the wait list? and if so, when did you get put on it?

I will most likely be attending. Going to make the official choice in the next couple days, i had a 30 on the MCAT and a 3.86 cumGPA.. I was put on the waitlist in december first week or so interviewed in the first week of October

I will most likely be attending. Going to make the official choice in the next couple days, i had a 30 on the MCAT and a 3.86 cumGPA.. I was put on the waitlist in december first week or so interviewed in the first week of October

Congrats!!!! Did you write a lot of LOIs?

Thanks! Again, congratulations. I'm still anxiously awaiting a phone call...hoping for some good luck.

holy ****! Congrats!! Did you send them any updates while you were WL??

holy ****! Congrats!! Did you send them any updates while you were WL??

Yes 3 but two of them were more along the lines of "i am still very interested in attending and little tidbits of what ive been doing (research)" one of the updates was a letter of recommendation from this person I am currently doing research with who did his residency there so I think that might of had some pull too hah

Last edited:
+1! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I was shocked too.. I didn't think I would hear until after May 15th as well. Congratulations!

Withdrew my application from the alternate list today. Loved GW though, and good luck to all you alternate listers!

AH congrats to those recently accepted!! I'm definitely jealous haha. Did either of you already have acceptances elsewhere as well?

Last edited:
+1! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I was shocked too.. I didn't think I would hear until after May 15th as well. Congratulations!
congratulations!! hoping to hear good news soon-- did you just receive a phone call or was there some kind of email/snail mail confirmation?

congratulations!! hoping to hear good news soon-- did you just receive a phone call or was there some kind of email/snail mail confirmation?
Dean McQuail called me. I think they make it a point to call you if you are accpted off of the wait list! Good luck!

--------------------------------------------

Last edited:
This is exciting!!! Congrats to everyone, especially those taken off the WL. I hope I can join you soon!

Interview: Late NOV
WL: Middle JAN
WL Decision: Hopefully tonight...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.