2011-2012 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously. Mother of God.

Ninja giffssssssss

bunk_bed_ninjas.gif

ninja-surprise.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Seriously. Mother of God.

Ninja giffssssssss

bunk_bed_ninjas.gif

ninja-surprise.gif

Epic .gif :thumbup: :laugh:

My favorite ninja (or lack thereof) video is the infamous one where he attempts a flip on camera and lands flat on his face. I'm sure you've seen it, especially if you're a ninja .gif connoisseur.

Epic .gif :thumbup: :laugh:

My favorite ninja (or lack thereof) video is the infamous one where he attempts a flip on camera and lands flat on his face. I'm sure you've seen it, especially if you're a ninja .gif connoisseur.

This one?

ninja-afro-ninja.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received my financial aid award letter! Can't wait to look at it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to thank all the current and past Case students that regularly contribute to this thread. You guys are great ambassadors for your school and really create a welcoming environment (and one of the funniest threads on here :D). You guys do an amazing job answering questions (even if you've answered them 100 times you guys still put in the effort).

I withdrew from Case (UP) this week and wish all those on the WL the best of luck, and for those already accepted, I hope you guys have a fantastic experience at CWRU.

Last edited:
:laugh: Yes, it does. I'm extremely happy with my award too.

Eeeeeeeeexcellent.

Withdrew today. Good luck everyone!
Just wanted to thank all the current and past Case students that regularly contribute to this thread. You guys are great ambassadors for your school and really create a welcoming environment (and one of the funniest threads on here :D). You guys do an amazing job answering questions (even if you've answered them 100 times you guys still put in the effort).

I withdrew from Case (UP) this week and wish all those on the WL the best of luck, and for those already accepted, I hope you guys have a fantastic experience at CWRU.
Best of luck with everything else!

Speaking of ninjas....

elderly-ninja.jpg

...lolwut?

I got a call from Dr. Franco and I got accepted off the waitlist! Now i'm waiting for email and official acceptance letter! :)

Withdrew from......? UP or CP?

I got a call from Dr. Franco and I got accepted off the waitlist! Now i'm waiting for email and official acceptance letter! :)
Congratulations! I hope you plan on attending?

Also - note that Dr. Franco's word is as-good-as-gold. Do not get too anxious waiting for your e-mail or the letter. There is paperwork in-process and it might take a while to get it to you. Importantly, it is a done deal as soon as you get the call.
:)

t10_main_2400.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! I hope you plan on attending?

Also - note that Dr. Franco's word is as-good-as-gold. Do not get too anxious waiting for your e-mail or the letter. There is paperwork in-process and it might take a while to get it to you. Importantly, it is a done deal as soon as you get the call.
:)

t10_main_2400.jpg

Thanks! Haha

I went to UP's second look and I really love the people there and it makes me sad that if I go to cclcm, I can't go to lectures with them anymore lol

Do you guys get to meet with UP's students a lot? I was a little concerned about the small class size, especially I didn't get the chance to go to CP's 2nd look.....

Congratulations on getting into CCLCM! Did you get the call today?

Thanks! Haha

I went to UP's second look and I really love the people there and it makes me sad that if I go to cclcm, I can't go to lectures with them anymore lol

Do you guys get to meet with UP's students a lot? I was a little concerned about the small class size, especially I didn't get the chance to go to CP's 2nd look.....

Is there a bowl or 67 of pho in the balance? If so, absolutely.

Today is the one year anniversary of me taking the MCAT. Thank God I no longer have to worry about that hurdle in life. :D Crazy how time flies though... It seems like yesterday that I began my applications and had no idea where I would eventually end up.

Congratulations! Were you on the "high alternate list" or just the regular alternate list?

does anybody know if the need-based aid stays relatively consistent all four years? or do they just give you a lot 1st year and then cut back later on?

Last edited:
does anybody know if the need-based aid stays relatively consistent all for years? or do they just give you a lot 1st year and then cut back later on?

I'm nearly positive that it will stay the same unless you have some other large source of income that comes into your life after M1.

How is everyone accessing their financial aid awards? I submitted my fafsa and all other related materials on time but still haven't gotten any indication of fin aid :confused:.

How is everyone accessing their financial aid awards? I submitted my fafsa and all other related materials on time but still haven't gotten any indication of fin aid :confused:.

I heard back about merit scholarships, but not the finaid info. They did say today and yesterday...

So will the UP Alternate List start moving after May 1st? Anyone know from previous years?

I've been wondering about this too. My guess is that a lot of UP accepted applicants won't have heard about financial aid at other schools by May 1st. As with CCLCM accepted applicants, I 'm guessing Case will probably be making exceptions for these UP accepted applicants and giving them till May 15th (or whenever they hear from other schools) to make a decision on UP. I'm thinking sometime after May 15th is the best bet for when we'll start seeing the most alternate list movement. Let me stress that this is completely supposition, however.

Last edited:
does anybody know if the need-based aid stays relatively consistent all four years? or do they just give you a lot 1st year and then cut back later on?

Stays consistent.:thumbup:

I've been wondering about this too. My guess is that a lot of UP accepted applicants won't have heard about financial aid at other schools by May 1st. As with CCLCM accepted applicants, I 'm guessing Case will probably be making exceptions for these UP accepted applicants and giving them till May 15th (or whenever they hear from other schools) to make a decision on UP. I'm thinking sometime after May 15th is the best bet for when we'll start seeing the most alternate list movement. Let me stress that this is completely supposition, however.

Yup. Also, ftfy.

It seems like a decent number of people have yet to receive their financial aid packages for the university program.

Can somebody who has received theirs please tell us the total cost of attendance for this year? Also, can we expect to get the maximum amount for unsubsized Stafford (providing that we don't get a scholarship/need-based aid), or is it possible for somebody to get less in Stafford loans, and have to take more Grad Plus loans out?

Also, does anybody know the difference between Direct Grad Plus Loans and other Grad Plus?

Thanks!

It seems like a decent number of people have yet to receive their financial aid packages for the university program.

Can somebody who has received theirs please tell us the total cost of attendance for this year? Also, can we expect to get the maximum amount for unsubsized Stafford (providing that we don't get a scholarship/need-based aid), or is it possible for somebody to get less in Stafford loans, and have to take more Grad Plus loans out?

Also, does anybody know the difference between Direct Grad Plus Loans and other Grad Plus?

Thanks!

I can't comment on Grad Plus/Direct Grad Plus loans as my award is entirely need-based aid and Stafford. However, the total predicted cost of attendance is $77766 for 2012-2013. They told me in the financial aid office that they are rather generous on predicting living expenses on top of tuition. :D

I can't comment on Grad Plus/Direct Grad Plus loans as my award is entirely need-based aid and Stafford. However, the total predicted cost of attendance is $77766 for 2012-2013. They told me in the financial aid office that they are rather generous on predicting living expenses on top of tuition. :D

You are a very lucky chap not to have to touch that 7.9% interest bracket. A fan of grad plus, I am not.

You are a very lucky chap not to have to touch that 7.9% interest bracket. A fan of grad plus, I am not.

A necessary evil, the massive amount of debt we must accrue is.

yoda.jpg

*This isn't a slight on anyone. Just a funny Yoda meme.

Last edited:

Does Case gives scholarships for living expenses? Your loans and scholarships cover the total cost of attendance?

You can borrow up to the cost of attendance in GradPLUS if your award doesn't cover the amount (and you'll need it). You can also get a GradPLUS loan whenever, so you don't have to take one in anticipation of expenses.

Does Case gives scholarships for living expenses? Your loans and scholarships cover the total cost of attendance?

Case gives scholarships. What you do with them is up to you. Unless they've already been applied to tuition (nearly always).

Yes. My cost of attendance is entirely covered with loans and scholarships. Like Myuu says, I'm sure that all of my scholarship money and Case loans will go directly towards tuition before they dig into my Stafford loan.

Last edited:
A necessary evil, the massive amount of debt we must accrue is.

yoda.jpg

*This isn't a slight on anyone. Just a funny Yoda meme.

LOL. I was thinking yoda when I wrote my post. Well spotted. :)

Star Wars refs, Iron Maiden, and keen on Ortho Surgery... Much in common we have.

LOL. I was thinking yoda when I wrote my post. Well spotted. :)

Star Wars refs, Iron Maiden, and keen on Ortho Surgery... Much in common we have.

:thumbup: You also forgot about Lord of the Rings fan too haha. Maiden in Detroit in mid July. Think about coming my man! Do you lift weights much? I need to see if you fit the stereotype for an ortho doc as well as I do.

:thumbup: You also forgot about Lord of the Rings fan too haha. Maiden in Detroit in mid July. Think about coming my man! Do you lift weights much? I need to see if you fit the stereotype for an ortho doc as well as I do.

Teach me to bench the bar without tipping and you will have earned my eternal gratitude.

I've kept my spot warm for long enough, withdrew today. Hopefully an SDN'er gets it! :)

575496_401380149883002_367116489976035_1315913_1984242404_n.jpg

Oh man what a functional group! Glad this never showed up on the MCAT! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.