2010-2011 University of Wisconsin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone accepted from the Oct. 1st interview day. I have not heard anything yet and am kinda getting worried.

My guess is that our admissions office just hasn't randomly selected you for review yet. But since it's been over 6 weeks you should have called the office/should call them ASAP. There's a reason they ask you to call if you don't have a decision after 6 weeks: 1) if your letter has been sent but got lost in the mail the office will have a new one sent 2) if you weren't selected yet you will at least know that you haven't heard just because you haven't been reviewed and then you don't have to worry. Good luck to you and all the current applicants! I hope I see some of you on your interview days :)

Members don't see this ad.

Stressful exam schedule? I don't think the exam schedule is stressful at all really. You will be stressed by tests no matter what med school you go to but I don't think UW's schedule is bad at all.

I agree with this, tests in med school are not easy and no matter what med school you go to there will be a certain degree of stress and difficulty but I love the block schedule and exams really aren't bad at all if you just keep up with the material. I've written a little below to give you some idea of what our exam schedules look like for those who are interested.

As an M1 we have 4-5 exams in a 2-4 day period for each block. Our first block was 4 exams: 2 on Tues and 2 on Wed. Our second block was 5 exams: 2 on Mon, 1 on Tues, 2 on Wed. But one of the exams in second block was PDS so we just interviewed a patient and then wrote up the history so it wasn't really a regular type of exam. Our last block of exams is at the end of the semester and is 5 exams: 1 on Mon, 2 on Tues, 1 on Wed, and 1 on Thurs. 2 exams for block 3 are cumulative but all other exams for the entire semester are not. Please keep in mind that the first year is pass/fail also so you only need to get a 78 or 80% (depending on the class) to pass. And everyone can only pass so it doesn't matter if you get 80 or 100%, you still pass. Everyone tries to do their best of course but as long as you pass, if you didn't do so well on an exam it doesn't matter.

I especially like the block schedule because you get a period to relax after each set of exams so you can de-stress, whereas schools that have an exam in a different subject each week have students always studying for an exam and never relaxing. Plus it forces me to keep up with the material since I can't get behind in any subject, and helps me learn the material better because I'm not studying for the next exam that I have coming up and putting off all other subjects.

Last edited:
I interviewed Oct 1 and haven't heard anything. I called the office today (Beth Menzer, Admissions Coordinator) and was told that the process had taken them longer than expected, but that LETTERS WENT OUT YESTERDAY (not sure for exactly what range of interview dates... but definitely for Oct 1). So, if you interviewed early in the cycle (or Oct 1!) she said your letter, good or bad, should be arriving any day. Nothing in the mail today... but I'm OOS, so maybe tomorrow :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my rejection letter today (In state, interviewed October 22nd)

I really hate how admissions people treat all the interviewees like they are already accepted. They spend the full day doing everything they can to convince you to attend their school, full well knowing that <50% of the people that are talking to will even be accepted. I kinda understand why they do this, but it just makes rejections so much more painful.

My interviewer was the worst. Instead of asking me questions he spent the whole time talking about how great UW was and saying stuff like "your application is awesome, we want you here, and I need to convince you!"

Then you just get rejected. Thanks for getting my hopes up so high :thumbup:

looks like I'm spending another year unemployed....

That really blows Amahs. Sorry to hear about your less than ideal interview :(

I agree that they did spend a lot of time talking up the school during the interview. I was actually sort of turned off by all of the "WI is the place for you" speeches that we heard. The one talk about the rankings was especially annoying to me. Why do they feel the need to bring rankings into it? I think their positive qualities clearly show without comparing their school to others.

Thanks Blue Steel, that was incredibly helpful. That does seem really nice to have all the exams over with at a certain point and not feel like you're studying all the time. Also, the classes probably overlap in material so studying it all together help to create a more comprehensive and holistic understanding.

I interviewed Oct 1 and haven't heard anything. I called the office today (Beth Menzer, Admissions Coordinator) and was told that the process had taken them longer than expected, but that LETTERS WENT OUT YESTERDAY (not sure for exactly what range of interview dates... but definitely for Oct 1). So, if you interviewed early in the cycle (or Oct 1!) she said your letter, good or bad, should be arriving any day. Nothing in the mail today... but I'm OOS, so maybe tomorrow :)

I literally don't know how I"ll get through tomorrow, it better come by then! But alas, I live on the west coast :(

I interviewed on Oct. 29th and received my acceptance letter today!! I was surprised because they said the fastest they could review and notify us was 3 weeks, and that usually does not happened. Also, I looked and my letter was dated 11/11/10, mailed on 11/12/10, and I didn't get it until today (11/18/10), and I live in Madison, a couple blocks away from the med school. So, all of you waiting for the letter, don't get too anxious b/c the post office took 6 days to get my letter to me. I have no idea why I heard back so quickly, and for everyone who interviewed before me, I apologize if this post made you more anxious, but your app. will get reviewed and you can always call if you have any concerns. I will definitely be matriculating here next semester, so I look forward to meeting all of you in August!:)

congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! i have to admit though, i was hoping that i wouldnt have to worry about getting anything in the mail for another two weeks! ugh it seems that i could get a decision anywhere from next week to a few days before christmas. i never, ever anticipated this waiting process to be so difficult.

good luck to all of you, and i hope to see some of you next year!

Alternate list. Hard one to take. If you aren't getting love from your state school, it doesn't look too promising elsewhere.

Interviewed on Oct 1st, and live in Madison. So to reiterate what others have said, letters have gone out and should be arriving soon (at least for people who interviewed that day).

Alternate list. Hard one to take. If you aren't getting love from your state school, it doesn't look too promising elsewhere.

Interviewed on Oct 1st, and live in Madison. So to reiterate what others have said, letters have gone out and should be arriving soon (at least for people who interviewed that day).

I'm really sorry to hear that. That is tough to get alternate list at your state school. Keep your head up and I'm sure good things will happen. You did interview on the first interview date so there must be some great things on your application and I'm sure that good things will come your way in the near future. I also interviewed on Oct. 1 and was just wondering when you letter was post marked because I live on the west coast and want to know when I should expect the letter.

Sigh, alternate list :( :( :( :(

OOS.

Should I send a letter of interest? They said to call if we want to "discuss your application further," wonder if I should call and ask if they just don't think I'd go there since I'm OOS?

Wow, last year NOBODY on the OOS waitlist got off? This is certainly terrible news. How likely is it to be taken off the alternate list before it becomes the waitlist in the spring?

Last edited:
Well when I was there, the MS2's had all of their exams over 3 or 4 days. Two/three before the weekend and another on the following monday. That sounds pretty rough to me...

If you're talking about two weeks ago, they had one test on Friday and one test on Monday. That is actually really nice because you have the entire weekend to study for the 2nd test without having to worry about class.

M1s have a lot more tests in a shorter period of time, but the tests are also pass/fail and easier than the m2 exams. The 2nd semester with anatomy and practicals was a little harder for me but manageable. Honestly the only time of med school I've found stressful was the last two week block of 2nd year, bc it's right before the time you're going to dedicate to step 1 and you just want it to be over.

I think they wanted to know what you've done differently in your study habits, transitioning from college to UW's exam schedule. On interview day I was told many new medical students must make drastic changes in study habits (unless you are an exception to this). It seems kind of rude to brush off a legitimate concern while being boarder line patronizing in tone.

Med school is a lot of work, no matter where you go. Honestly I think the whole deal about it being so different from undergrad, etc, is a bit overblown. I think the first two years of med school are essentially the same as undergrad except you need to retain more information in less time, so some people aren't used to carrying that heavy a course load. 3rd year is a completely different animal and most people will feel completely out of their element. Having to study at the same time as working 10-18 hours a day kind of sucks too, but you get to see and do cooler things.

As far as the question I answered, unless you go to Yale or CCLCM, which don't have exams (which incidentally makes step 1 much more impt) tests in med school are going to be stressful. There's only been a few isolated occurrences where I've walked out of a test thinking it was easy, and I think that's generally par for the course. That said, I think our schedule is much nicer than other schools. It's just about the right time in between test blocks (~4-6 weeks on average) so you have time to absorb the material but don't have ridiculous amounts of material to synthesize for one test (case western has some blocks that are 18 weeks long, I don't even know what to say about that...)

As a med student, I've done 10-30 hours of research each week since I started med school, work out 4-5 times a week, and am one of the more social people in my class, I generally go out on the weekends and most of the time on at least one wewknight. I think you can definitely have balance in your life if you manage your time well. I'm going into radiology so I've also tried to (and have had time to) spend 3-5 hours a week in the reading room and have generally been able to do that too.

Members don't see this ad :)
That really blows Amahs. Sorry to hear about your less than ideal interview :(

I agree that they did spend a lot of time talking up the school during the interview. I was actually sort of turned off by all of the "WI is the place for you" speeches that we heard. The one talk about the rankings was especially annoying to me. Why do they feel the need to bring rankings into it? I think their positive qualities clearly show without comparing their school to others.

Interesting. This was something last years applicant class liked and thought we should do more of during the interview day. As a 3rd year I haven't been involved in admissions this year but I wonder how much they changed.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So stoked!! So glad I'm done waiting for snail mail!!! So excited to be an OOS in at Wisconsin :)

(Interviewed Oct 1, Letter dated Nov 18, received in Michigan today).

Anyone transferring from MATC? Applications aren't due until Feb but I'm just about finished with mine!! I'm excited to move on.

Just like previous classes have done, I have created a facebook group for the Class of 2015. Since most people visit facebook at least once a day, it will provide us with a great starting point for communication and class events. Please join the group if you plan on matriculating in the Fall, and if you know other people accepted who are not on SDN, please invite them to join as well. The link below should bring you to the group page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179088225440297&ap=1

I interviewed on Oct. 29th and received my acceptance letter today!! I was surprised because they said the fastest they could review and notify us was 3 weeks, and that usually does not happened. Also, I looked and my letter was dated 11/11/10, mailed on 11/12/10, and I didn't get it until today (11/18/10), and I live in Madison, a couple blocks away from the med school. So, all of you waiting for the letter, don't get too anxious b/c the post office took 6 days to get my letter to me. I have no idea why I heard back so quickly, and for everyone who interviewed before me, I apologize if this post made you more anxious, but your app. will get reviewed and you can always call if you have any concerns. I will definitely be matriculating here next semester, so I look forward to meeting all of you in August!:)

Congratulations to all the newly accepted applicants! And since you're for sure matriculating zamboni, welcome to the UWSMPH! :) Applicants: feel free to post questions or send me a private message if you would like to know anything more about the school, life in Madison, or whatever. I'm an M1 so I may not always know the answer for things I haven't experienced yet but it was not that long ago that I was in your shoes trying to make some big decisions so I'm happy to help out if I can. Good luck applicants!

Could you accepted OOS students give your stats please??:)
To everyone accepted: Congratulations! To everyone waiting: Good luck!

I called admissions today and was told I wouldn't hear anything for another week, possibly two, because I am currently being evaluated. I interviewed on Oct. 15th just to give everyone an idea of how the process is moving along. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I called admissions today and was told I wouldn't hear anything for another week, possibly two, because I am currently being evaluated. I interviewed on Oct. 15th just to give everyone an idea of how the process is moving along. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I interviewed on October 8 and called last week and received the exact same response. Still waiting...
Nice username by the way :)

dear diary,

its been 4 weeks since my amazing interview day at u-dubs. i have such a crush on it! what with its sparkly med school and maze-like hospital (i could get lost in its winding beauty forever!), not to mention its super-cool and awesome students. ::sigh:: i hope i hear some good news soon!

ugh, the gel is finished running. guess i have to get back to work.

l8er,

pullupthepeople

Accepted! Wow that was fast, less than 3 weeks.

Interview 11/12 (instate)
letter dated 11/29

Anyone transferring from MATC? Applications aren't due until Feb but I'm just about finished with mine!! I'm excited to move on.

Hey Jen,

I transferred from MATC a few years ago, and now I'm accepted to med school! I know just how you feel, MATC feels a little like having your life on hold, but it definitely gets better :)

Hmmmm.... I wonder who u are. Where u sitting to my right, by any chance? Good luck, hope u get some good news soon!

I think that I *was* sitting to your right. If you're the person I'm thinking about though, your spouse is also an engineer.

Hi everyone,

Due to being waitlisted at Wisconsin recently (sigh..was my top choice too), I now have a situation I would really appreciate some advice on.

My S.O. and I are trying to coordinate (he's applying for grad school) so we end up at the same place. He applied to all the places I interviewed at, and we figured that if I got rejected somewhere, he would just withdraw his application so we wouldn't have to be long distance if he only got in somewhere I didn't get in. We don't want him to have to withdraw his only acceptance either.

I have been accepted at other places and he is applying to those, but the wait list really throws our original plan out of sync. My question is: given the fact they took no OOS people off the waitlist last year, should I just withdraw now so my S.O. won't apply here and we just forget about UW? :(

Basically we want to avoid the scenario of him only getting in here and me not getting in. If my chances at getting off the waitlist is virtually zero anyway, might be better to cut our losses and move on? Of course, if we could both go to UW it would be AMAZING, but I feel like holding on to that possibility by staying on the waitlist is not worth the much bigger possibility of him getting in and me not getting in. If that were his only choice, we'd be long distance.

Sorry for the long story and I really appreciate it if you read it. Does UW's waitlist ratio rom year to year? Bottom line, is it really worth holding onto this spot or should I just withdraw now?

Hi everyone,

Due to being waitlisted at Wisconsin recently (sigh..was my top choice too), I now have a situation I would really appreciate some advice on.

My S.O. and I are trying to coordinate (he's applying for grad school) so we end up at the same place. He applied to all the places I interviewed at, and we figured that if I got rejected somewhere, he would just withdraw his application so we wouldn't have to be long distance if he only got in somewhere I didn't get in. We don't want him to have to withdraw his only acceptance either.

I have been accepted at other places and he is applying to those, but the wait list really throws our original plan out of sync. My question is: given the fact they took no OOS people off the waitlist last year, should I just withdraw now so my S.O. won't apply here and we just forget about UW? :(

Basically we want to avoid the scenario of him only getting in here and me not getting in. If my chances at getting off the waitlist is virtually zero anyway, might be better to cut our losses and move on? Of course, if we could both go to UW it would be AMAZING, but I feel like holding on to that possibility by staying on the waitlist is not worth the much bigger possibility of him getting in and me not getting in. If that were his only choice, we'd be long distance.

Sorry for the long story and I really appreciate it if you read it. Does UW's waitlist ratio rom year to year? Bottom line, is it really worth holding onto this spot or should I just withdraw now?

Hi Tippyboat,
Although it is true that no OOS were accepted off the waitlist last year, it does vary every year and it is my understanding that they are trying to ensure that does not happen again this year. Since your SO has yet to get accepted here it kind of hurts your argument in the sense that even if you get off the waitlist here, it's no guarantee that he will get accepted. I would suggest that you contact Kurt Hansen in admissions to let him know about your situation (especially if UW is your 1st choice). He may not be able to do anything for you but you will at least get an honest and informed opinion about your chances of coming off the waitlist. I would also suggest that you hold onto your spot on the waitlist until the list is ranked in the spring and you find out your place on it. Meanwhile your SO can continue to apply here, and continue to apply for grad schools at other schools where you have acceptances at or are still in contention. That way hopefully by the end of the application cycle you will both have acceptances somewhere. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

... He applied to all the places I interviewed at, and we figured that if I got rejected somewhere, he would just withdraw his application so we wouldn't have to be long distance if he only got in somewhere I didn't get in. We don't want him to have to withdraw his only acceptance either.

... If that were his only choice, we'd be long distance.

I'm sorry, but this thought process seems very selfish to me. You want him to withdraw his application because if it's the only place that he gets accepted he might go there? That seems like you're saying that if he can't get in where you go, he shouldn't go to grad school. I'm sure this wasn't your intent, but you come off as thinking that the only one making a life changing decision is you...

Hi everyone,

Im in the same-ish boat, tippy. my bf and I have been together for 8+ years, so being long distance isnt an option. but we decided that it would be best for me to apply to med schools first, and then once I have an acceptance(s) in hand we would decide which place would be best for the both of us to go. then he would apply only to that school (and others nearby) saving him time and money, and also giving him time to establish residency in whatever state we end up in. its a bit of a gamble on his part, because it limits the choices that he has and also requires him to put off grad school for a year. but lets face it, getting into med school is much more difficult (and more random) than getting into grad school, and he knows this, so he was totally cool with it.

as for your situation, why dont you both just keep all the acceptances/waitlists that you have and then make a final decision once you have all the cards in front of you or until you absolutely have to? it seems silly to me to withdraw from your top choice school. what if you do get off of the waitlist and all of your wildest dreams come true? and what if you stopped that from happening because you withdrew now?

Im in the same-ish boat, tippy. my bf and I have been together for 8+ years, so being long distance isnt an option. but we decided that it would be best for me to apply to med schools first, and then once I have an acceptance(s) in hand we would decide which place would be best for the both of us to go. then he would apply only to that school (and others nearby) saving him time and money, and also giving him time to establish residency in whatever state we end up in. its a bit of a gamble on his part, because it limits the choices that he has and also requires him to put off grad school for a year. but lets face it, getting into med school is much more difficult (and more random) than getting into grad school, and he knows this, so he was totally cool with it.

as for your situation, why dont you both just keep all the acceptances/waitlists that you have and then make a final decision once you have all the cards in front of you or until you absolutely have to? it seems silly to me to withdraw from your top choice school. what if you do get off of the waitlist and all of your wildest dreams come true? and what if you stopped that from happening because you withdrew now?

Thanks for the support. I'm only considering withdrawing because wait-lists create the possibility that he will get in ONLY here and I will not get off the waitlist. If I got accepted or rejected, this wouldn't happen. So like you said, if long distance is "not an option," being on a waitlist is running a high risk. I really don't want him to have to withdraw his acceptances because I can't go there, because maybe grad schools also blacklist people for withdrawing and reapplying. He says he'd much rather not get in anywhere and take a year off working where I am and reapplying to that school.
I don't know, and like you said, it's hard to just give up. He's applying to 5 other programs, but letting go of this one to avoid potentially being apart is such a hard decision =/

I'm sorry, but this thought process seems very selfish to me. You want him to withdraw his application because if it's the only place that he gets accepted he might go there? That seems like you're saying that if he can't get in where you go, he shouldn't go to grad school. I'm sure this wasn't your intent, but you come off as thinking that the only one making a life changing decision is you...

I understand how it could come off that way. But in reality, HE's the one that doesn't want to have a long distance relationship if we only get into different schools, while I'm willing to try that so we can both go to school. He's saying that if he only gets into one school and I can't go there, he'd want to withdraw that only acceptance. That is what I"m trying to AVOID...

Thanks a lot for posting this link! It wil be great to see my future classmates that will be in the trenches with me. I just asked to join. Super excited about UW! I couldn't believe I heard back in only 2 weeks to the day! This place rooooooocks.

Just like previous classes have done, I have created a facebook group for the Class of 2015. Since most people visit facebook at least once a day, it will provide us with a great starting point for communication and class events. Please join the group if you plan on matriculating in the Fall, and if you know other people accepted who are not on SDN, please invite them to join as well. The link below should bring you to the group page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179088225440297&ap=1

:thumbup: I smell Roses ;)

I just interviewed here and I liked it a lot more than I had expected. I'm not sure how I feel about the stressful exam schedule, however. Any insight, drizzt?

??? As far as I've seen UW (and a lot of systems-based curriculum schools) have minimized the number of tests taken. I think it is awesome to take only a handful of tests at the end of each block (i.e. every 4-6 weeks). I interviewed at one school with a traditional curriculum and they have 2 tests a week. F*** that noise. Just an opinion.

??? As far as I've seen UW (and a lot of systems-based curriculum schools) have minimized the number of tests taken. I think it is awesome to take only a handful of tests at the end of each block (i.e. every 4-6 weeks). I interviewed at one school with a traditional curriculum and they have 2 tests a week. F*** that noise. Just an opinion.

I definitely like that the testing periods are spread out from each other as compared to other schools such as Iowa that has a test every week. Block schedules are great in that sense. However, at UW the students are taking multiple classes at once and are tested on them each separately. When I interviewed, my student interviewers had just finished up with two tests on Thu/Fri and had to study for the next test over the weekend on monday. While it may have just been that one block that robs you of your weekend, having many tests spread over a couple days seems stressful.

To me, it sounds like undergrad finals week repeated every 4-6 weeks or so.

ACCEPTED!!!! interviewed 11/5, letter dated 12/1. so excited! hope you guys wont mind having a bears fan around! oos, 3.6/33Q. good luck everyone!

I definitely like that the testing periods are spread out from each other as compared to other schools such as Iowa that has a test every week. Block schedules are great in that sense. However, at UW the students are taking multiple classes at once and are tested on them each separately. When I interviewed, my student interviewers had just finished up with two tests on Thu/Fri and had to study for the next test over the weekend on monday. While it may have just been that one block that robs you of your weekend, having many tests spread over a couple days seems stressful.

To me, it sounds like undergrad finals week repeated every 4-6 weeks or so.

Yeah I hear you. Everyone I talked to during my interview seemed to really like it. Plus, I like having to get into "test mode" only once a month and just hammer them out, haha.

ACCEPTED!!!! interviewed 11/5, letter dated 12/1. so excited! hope you guys wont mind having a bears fan around! oos, 3.6/33Q. good luck everyone!

A bears fan!?!?!?! Well, don't feel too bad when you are not invited to Packer parties each week. HA! ;)

Just as long as you're not a cubs fan... that would be a dealbreaker :cool:

Just as long as you're not a cubs fan... that would be a dealbreaker :cool:

LOL not to worry. I really dont follow baseball, but if there is one thing I cant stand, its the flippin cubs.

A bears fan!?!?!?! Well, don't feel too bad when you are not invited to Packer parties each week. HA! ;)

no! please invite me to your parties! i wont know anyone there and i need to make friends! and im definitely ok with becoming a badgers fan... my uni didnt even have a football team!

I'm an OOS applicant but recently lived in WI for 2 years. I know it's late in the cycle but I was wondering whether or not it would even be worth still sending in my primary application. I've already been accepted to a couple other schools but I'm wishing I would have applied to UW now as well. Is it even worth it anymore or would i just be applying for a wait list spot? thanks for your help!

I'm an OOS applicant but recently lived in WI for 2 years. I know it's late in the cycle but I was wondering whether or not it would even be worth still sending in my primary application. I've already been accepted to a couple other schools but I'm wishing I would have applied to UW now as well. Is it even worth it anymore or would i just be applying for a wait list spot? thanks for your help!

The deadlines to apply to UW this cycle have already passed.
http://www.med.wisc.edu/education/md/admissions/application-timeline/104

oh no! whered my awesome signature go??

for people who went to UW/live in madison, whats the best way to go about finding an apartment? im pretty sure i want to live in the area right around the med school, but craigslist and apartments.com doesnt seem to have much... am i just going to have to drive up there?

Goldleaf Development owns a lot of nice apartment complexes that are very near the medical school along Old University. They have a website you can check out...

Like stated before me, Goldleaf has a lot of large apartment complexes right by the hospital and has a website. You can also try http://campusareahousing.wisc.edu/ and http://cdliving.com/apartment_search.asp
I know that http://coolunits.net/1BD_page.htm a few places relatively close to the hospital.

oh no! whered my awesome signature go??

for people who went to UW/live in madison, whats the best way to go about finding an apartment? im pretty sure i want to live in the area right around the med school, but craigslist and apartments.com doesnt seem to have much... am i just going to have to drive up there?

I'm using madsiconapartmentliving.com to find places. Already scheduled a few showings. Also try forrent.com (google for rent in madison). Just an fyi but you will find much nicer, newer, and larger apartments out of the downtown/university area.

I'm using madsiconapartmentliving.com to find places. Already scheduled a few showings. Also try forrent.com (google for rent in madison). Just an fyi but you will find much nicer, newer, and larger apartments out of the downtown/university area.

thanks everybody, this was all really helpful. a google search produced these links as well :rolleyes: but its nice to know what students like to use. when are you guys going to move in? i think i read something about the apartments around the hospital filling up in may, is that true?

thanks everybody, this was all really helpful. a google search produced these links as well :rolleyes: but its nice to know what students like to use. when are you guys going to move in? i think i read something about the apartments around the hospital filling up in may, is that true?

It depends on the place I guess. A lot of places within 2 miles of campus start their leases around August I know (for sure the ones near Hilldale--about a mile from the hospital where I would be staying if I end up staying in Madison). Most begin August 1st there but the huge apartment complexes generally have a good number of openings if they are far from the undergraduate campus. I am thinking Hilldale Towers for myself since I know a lot of people who have stayed there and really enjoyed the quiet and the apartment staff and it's a manageable price. I guess it depends how far you want to be from the hospital but I wouldn't rule out the apartment complexes on Sheboygan Ave near Hilldale, just make sure you read some reviews and see them in person before you make a final decision. There really isn't a huge rush, it's easy to find a decent place even in the summer near the hospital so don't rush to snatch up a place until you're confident you made the right choice.... anyway I am rambling but good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.