2010-2011 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I've been complete since October too, but am yet to receive an invite like many people. Good to know that they interview til end of March, although I am not that hopeful b/c I think that even if I do get an interview, it'll be for waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I've been complete since October too, but am yet to receive an invite like many people. Good to know that they interview til end of March, although I am not that hopeful b/c I think that even if I do get an interview, it'll be for waitlist?

Agreed :thumbup:
I even called in today to check my application status and got the same answer I was given 2 months ago lol

Yep, same here...called today to check...some serious inefficiency in their admissions department?

Members don't see this ad :)
ditto to everything you all are saying. whyyyy are they dragging this out :(

I don't know but its very frustrating. They should provide some sort of upsates. Granted they get thousands of apps, but they also have so many months to do it. So far, I know mcg is really good about communications. You send them an email or call and you get your answer the same day.

I just created a thread to start dicsussions for everyone who has been accepted to and will be (or is seriously considering) attending Morehouse beginning this fall.

This is the link to that forum:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10605616#post10605616

I know there is a facebook group, but it doesn't seem to be too active just yet so maybe this will help us all to get to know each other, figure things out first before making things "facebook official" lol.

Congratulations to those accepted.

Good Luck to everyone else. :thumbup:

[This is my 2nd time applying and I was waitlisted my first try in 2009...It's a stressful process, but if you are really motiviated, driven, and know that becoming a physician is really your true calling in life...have faith and keep pushing. Don't lose hope. I know it sucks at times, is frustrating and makes you almost want to give up, but don't give in to that temptation. Keep pushing. It WILL happen. Be it MD, DO, or Carribean, a doctor is a doctor and treating patients is the same no matter where you are trained :) ]

[This is my 2nd time applying and I was waitlisted my first try in 2009...It's a stressful process, but if you are really motiviated, driven, and know that becoming a physician is really your true calling in life...have faith and keep pushing. Don't lose hope. I know it sucks at times, is frustrating and makes you almost want to give up, but don't give in to that temptation. Keep pushing. It WILL happen. Be it MD, DO, or Carribean, a doctor is a doctor and treating patients is the same no matter where you are trained :) ]

Thank you for your kind words.

I just created a thread to start dicsussions for everyone who has been accepted to and will be (or is seriously considering) attending Morehouse beginning this fall.

This is the link to that forum:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=10605616#post10605616

I know there is a facebook group, but it doesn't seem to be too active just yet so maybe this will help us all to get to know each other, figure things out first before making things "facebook official" lol.

Congratulations to those accepted.

Good Luck to everyone else. :thumbup:

I LOVE THIS QUOTE-- so true :) I too applied twice..the first time in 2009. I felt like a failure after not gaining acceptance through my automatic admit post-bac..but God has a way of turning things around and I feel like Morehouse will be a great fit :) So like House MD stated don't give up guys..if it's not this year it could certainly be next year.

I just received a full scholarship to Morehouse! I was dead set on going to MCG with a smaller scholarship, but a lower GPA requirement to keep the money. Now I am really confused. You must maintain a 3.0 to keep the Moreshouse scholarship. Has anyone done this? At MCG, it's $10K/year but you only have to maintain a 2.0. I don't know what to do. I know this is a blessing, but also a curve ball I was NOT expecting. For those living in ATL, hows the cost of living? Decisions, decisions. Good luck to those still waiting, congrats to those accepted:)

I just received a full scholarship to Morehouse! I was dead set on going to MCG with a smaller scholarship, but a lower GPA requirement to keep the money. Now I am really confused. You must maintain a 3.0 to keep the Moreshouse scholarship. Has anyone done this? At MCG, it's $10K/year but you only have to maintain a 2.0. I don't know what to do. I know this is a blessing, but also a curve ball I was NOT expecting. For those living in ATL, hows the cost of living? Decisions, decisions. Good luck to those still waiting, congrats to those accepted:)

Congrats on the scholarship!!!!! I would love to get a scholarship from Morehouse!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you had to apply for the scholarship?

Congrats on the scholarship!!!!! I would love to get a scholarship from Morehouse!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you had to apply for the scholarship?

Congrats on the scholarship - is it the one based on GA residency? I competed my FinAid last weekend. One of my friends at Morehouse did get the full-ride and to him its not hard maintaining the gpa. Can't wait to get the finaid info's so I can decide which school to go.

Congrats on the scholarship - is it the one based on GA residency? I competed my FinAid last weekend. One of my friends at Morehouse did get the full-ride and to him its not hard maintaining the gpa. Can't wait to get the finaid info's so I can decide which school to go.

Hi guys and thanks for the congrats! First, I am OOS from North Carolina with close ties to the state of Georgia (parents, sister, nieces, cousins, aunts, uncles, live there; went to ASU for 2 years for med school prereqs). MCAT was 10/11/10 Q. I have a 3.8 sGPA and 3.6 tGPA, 27 year old AA female. I didn't have to apply for the scholarship, which explains the shock. It is a merit based scholarship. I was so set on MCG, but now I'm confused as to where to go! Is there any way I could talk to your friend? I would love that! PM me with his info if he is ok with it, I won't ask too many questions;)

Congratulations on your scholarship. Still haven't gotten an interview call...I'm a few days from giving up on Morehouse ;(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to know if anyone knows anything about Morehouse's summer program and acceptance. I will be interviewing March 18. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Kalomo,
I also have an interview the program on the 18th, and I would definitely like some feedback as well

Hey Kalomo,
I also have an interview the program on the 18th, and I would definitely like some feedback as well
i interview on the 18th as well. From what i understand the summer program is a second opportunity. msm identifies students that could possibly be qualified to be a part of this years class. Sooo. the summer program allows students to demonstrate that they can handle the work load during the summer and if so they are given a spot. ( the summer program is mandatory for all those who are accepted regularly.)

i interview on the 18th as well. From what i understand the summer program is a second opportunity. msm identifies students that could possibly be qualified to be a part of this years class. Sooo. the summer program allows students to demonstrate that they can handle the work load during the summer and if so they are given a spot. ( the summer program is mandatory for all those who are accepted regularly.)

Well I look forward to seeing you there on the 18th. I am so excited for the opportunity!!

I am still waiting for an interview. Does anyone know if they are still offering?/ Is there anything I can do to speed up the process/improve my chances for the interview?

I am still waiting for an interview. Does anyone know if they are still offering?/ Is there anything I can do to speed up the process/improve my chances for the interview?

I am not sure. The site says that admit up to 10 students into the program so I guess we have wait for someone to tell us how many people are at the interviews. :confused:

I am not sure. The site says that admit up to 10 students into the program so I guess we have wait for someone to tell us how many people are at the interviews. :confused:

There was about 20? mabye more of us at the interview.

Waitlisted students can also be considered MD so even though only 20 specifically interviewed for it, there may be quite a few more being considered. I'm one of them :luck:

anyone hear anything recently?

Friend of mine called earlier in the week and they said they hoped to have letters out next week. We interviewed the first week of February and are waiting on decision letters :-/

Hey are we referring to the Summer MD program, or Regular MD admissions?

By the way.....HEY HOPEANDPRAYER!!!!!!!!! LOL :)

Waitlisted students can also be considered MD so even though only 20 specifically interviewed for it, there may be quite a few more being considered. I'm one of them :luck:

Sorry, darn blackberry. Waitlisted Regular MD applicants can be considered for the Summer MD program.

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything yet. They said this week and this week is oooovvvvveeeerrrrr. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything yet. They said this week and this week is oooovvvvveeeerrrrr. Hope everyone is doing well!!

LOL.......I know. I've been checking my mail everyday. I hope they send everyone a letter whether or not they made it or not. So maybe we can expect it by next week.......Hopefully :confused:

I keep getting the emails about filling out the financial aid app before March 29th for accepted and waitlisted students. I have no idea what I am since I haven't gotten my decision letter yet, so today I went ahead and filled out everything. What have others (that are still waiting on the letter) done or been advised to do?:confused:

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I received an acceptance on Saturday after interviewing the first week of February. I'm a Georgia resident.

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I received an acceptance on Saturday after interviewing the first week of February. I'm a Georgia resident.

I also interviewed the first week of February got my acceptance today and I live in florida

I'm not sure what it is about the school but I've finally decided, after a lot of prayer, that I'll definitely be attending Morehouse over Maryland or UofChicago. See you all this July!!!

those of you who got accepted, would you mind sharing ur stats? i am looking into applying to morehouse, but i think my mcat is too low and dont know if its even worth applying.

I decided to withdraw my acceptance today to attend a school closer to home. Hopefully it goes to one of you :)

Good luck everyone!

For those who may find this helpful:

I interviewed Feb 25th and got an acceptance letter march 28th (NJ Resident).

Last edited:
HI!
I'm really looking into Morehouse and I love what they stand for. However I don't think I'm competitive so I'm taking some classes to bring up my science GPA (I still have to take the MCAT). But that's a different story. I want to apply for the Summer Program (I've actually already filled out the application, essays and all) but this would be for next year.

My question is: do they typically accept OOS students for this Program? Or is it only for GA residents? I mean I have family in ATL but I'm a NY resident.

Has anyone gotten in that could talk about the process a little?

Also CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got in!!!:thumbup:

HI!
I'm really looking into Morehouse and I love what they stand for. However I don't think I'm competitive so I'm taking some classes to bring up my science GPA (I still have to take the MCAT). But that's a different story. I want to apply for the Summer Program (I've actually already filled out the application, essays and all) but this would be for next year.

My question is: do they typically accept OOS students for this Program? Or is it only for GA residents? I mean I have family in ATL but I'm a NY resident.

Has anyone gotten in that could talk about the process a little?

Also CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got in!!!:thumbup:

I didn't participate in the summer program so I can't tell you about the process. However, I can tell you that of the 9 students that participated this year, only one was an OOS resident, although 3 others attended (or were attending) OOS schools. I asked the current second years about the summer students in their class and while they said they remembered having a couple more OOS students, no one could remember the exact number. The admissions office would be able to give you more information. Hope this helps.

Interviewed at Morehouse in October and got waitlisted in December.
Last night I decided to email the admissions office to withdraw my application completely.

Then this afternoon, the mail man gave me a package from Morehouse with an acceptance enclosed.

Anyways, I am sticking to my withdrawal. They took way too long to respond and my heart got sold to some other schools.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

Interviewed at Morehouse in October and got waitlisted in December.
Last night I decided to email the admissions office to withdraw my application completely.

Then this afternoon, the mail man gave me a package from Morehouse with an acceptance enclosed.

Anyways, I am sticking to my withdrawal. They took way too long to respond and my heart got sold to some other schools.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

If you want to be a Surgeon for sure then its probably good that you aren't going to Morehouse since preparing people for primary care is their specialty. Best of luck whereever you end up!

Hey Rebecca Black. I interviewed on the 25th too. Nice to see someone from my interview group on here

Hey Rebecca Black. I interviewed on the 25th too. Nice to see someone from my interview group on here

Hey Onemike, I liked the people in my interview group. Seemed like a solid group of students. Strong possibility I am coming to Morehouse, where do you think you'll be ending up?

Hey guys anyone who knows if someone can differ at MSM, misplaced my MSAR that I could have checked the info.

VERY LATE RESPONSE!! But i interviewed the first week in february and recieved my acceptance letter march 28th (never forget the day lol!) For those who are thinking their stats are not "up to par" one piece of advice is that the numbers you see are only AVERAGES. Meaning that there are some higher and lower as well. My stats were actually lower than "average" and in my application process i received two interviews and an ACCEPTANCE to my top school! so remember anything is possible, if your stats are avg/below avg and you get an interview invite, just focus on killing that interview and you will be fine =-) Good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.