2010-2011 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats man!

I just got complete email this morning. Hoping for some love. I love this school.

Members don't see this ad.

Yayyyyy!!!!

My AMCAS got verified last week and I received a secondary today!! I'm so surprised that they even looked at my app bc my new MCAT score doesn't come back till next week!

I'm so excited I can't contain it! I pray to GOD I get an interview

ALL SMILES:D

Members don't see this ad :)
took exactly a week after the complete email to get my invite!

Love this school too and love the city... being a parent of 3 lil ones.... the suburbs of Atlanta is ideal for me (school district-wise once the kiddos start school)... too bad I dont have an interview invite yet, although I've been complete for a while now.

Submitted secondary: 7/20
Complete Notice: 8/30 (don't know why it took this long since I had everything in since mid July)
Interview Invite: TBD (lol - I'm wishing)...

This sucks though, but I'm glad I so far have 2 interviews at top tier schools...

Last edited:
I called admissions today- the guy who answered was really nice
but i never received a complete email even though its been more than two weeks...

he told me my file was complete (he was surprised I didnt get an email) and he told me that its currently being reviewed by admissions!

Prayerfully I'll have great news soon :)

Last edited:
Anyone else have an interview Oct. 15th?

for those who received an interview, do u mind sharing ur stats plz? dont be shy!

Does anyone know if Morehouse screens? My AMCAS app was verified 8/27 and I have yet to hear from this school. I'm thinking about calling on Monday.

Does anyone know if Morehouse screens? My AMCAS app was verified 8/27 and I have yet to hear from this school. I'm thinking about calling on Monday.
They don't screen I don't think. My AMCAS was processed 7/29 and I got their secondary 8/4.. Doesn't appear they screen because I took the mcat 8/13.. hope that helps!

Anyone else interviewing this coming Friday, Oct. 1st?
I'm coming from Florida, so it would be cool to get to know some
people during the tour! In any case good luck to all the applicants :thumbup:

Does anyone know the type of interview MOrehouse has? Blind, open file, etc?

Or know of a thread on SDN that has some previous chats about their interview process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the type of interview MOrehouse has? Blind, open file, etc?

Or know of a thread on SDN that has some previous chats about their interview process?

I just posted the below on Howard's post (w/ d skul updated of course)...

This page should serve as a guide, it's from previous interview years...

NOW GET TO WORK :smuggrin:

I interviewed at Morehouse on 9/24. There were 2 open file one-on-one interviews. The faculty, staff, students, and basically everyone associated with the school were so helpful and nice. :)

Thanks so much for the help Jamiu22, OrangeandMaroon, & KlassikMD!

Received Interview Invite. Thank you Lord!
Here I come ATL!!!!!!!!

Got offered an interview, but can't go yet because I'm studying abroad this semester.

It is so dead in here!
Anyone interviewing at Morehouse soon?

took exactly a week after the complete email to get my invite!
I got my complete e-mail on 9/15, and I haven't heard anything since. Does Morehouse do silent rejections?

And if so, does this mean I've gotten one?

And if so...doesn't this suck?

I got my complete e-mail on 9/15, and I haven't heard anything since. Does Morehouse do silent rejections?

And if so, does this mean I've gotten one?

And if so...doesn't this suck?

That would suck if it is a silent rejection..but has anyone been invited for interviews who are OOS??

Hey doc727...they have been offering interviews to OOS applicant. My best friend received one within 3 days of submitting. Hope this helps! MB

complete 10/12, interview 10/15!

Wondering whether they have fully looked at my application though because my interview was scheduled for December! I graduated from Emory and working now, wouldn't mind being in Atlanta again, I like the city.
I am thankful to God, I have received 3 invites so far.

Good luck to all.

I think it is safe for me to assume I am rejected or on hold. I was complete in mid August and have not heard anything. Congrats to everyone who has heard. Do they give official rejection or is the hold the polite rejection? On previous threads I have not seen one rejection.

one more question..... for those with invites was the email headed as "invitation to interview to Morehouse?" I am asking so if I finally get a response i do not rush to open it at work and ruin my work day.

Peace love and Happiness

one more question..... for those with invites was the email headed as "invitation to interview to Morehouse?" I am asking so if I finally get a response i do not rush to open it at work and ruin my work day.

Subject - "Invitation to Interview"

Hey doc727...they have been offering interviews to OOS applicant. My best friend received one within 3 days of submitting. Hope this helps! MB

Thanks MB maybe I am on hold or I have just been rejected...keeping hope alive though I really think I would be a good fit for this school :rolleyes:

I enjoyed the interview.. Nice place.. laid back interviews nice people..

I got an interview for Dec 3. My friend just interviewd last fri and another friend of mine is interviewing in 2 weeks. My friend had one good interview and one not so good interview. Anyway here are my stats: 26 MCAT 3.5 undergrad and i'm currently getting my MPH.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm losing it, but can someone plz tell me where morehouse requires a picture? is there a form for it? I didnt see the instructions in the invite to secondary or on their website. Help Please

Maybe I'm losing it, but can someone plz tell me where morehouse requires a picture? is there a form for it? I didnt see the instructions in the invite to secondary or on their website. Help Please

Log on to the secondary. There should be a hyper-link that reads application home. Click on it and you will see the picture form. If that fails Pm me an email address and i will get it to you.

Good luck

Log on to the secondary. There should be a hyper-link that reads application home. Click on it and you will see the picture form. If that fails Pm me an email address and i will get it to you.

Good luck
Thanks a bunch!!!!!

I got an interview for Dec 3. My friend just interviewd last fri and another friend of mine is interviewing in 2 weeks. My friend had one good interview and one not so good interview. Anyway here are my stats: 26 MCAT 3.5 undergrad and i'm currently getting my MPH.

I want to be your friend too!!!! It seems like you hang out with the interview crew!!!!:laugh::laugh:

This process has been sooooo stressful! I am a teacher and I have not graded papers in over two weeks. lol. Too distracted

I just submitted my secondary last night and received a complete email this morning, but have not sent in the photograph yet. Did this happen for you guys? They still need a photo don't they?

Just waiting to hear something/anything! I'm so anxious and nervous that I may be getting a rejection! :confused:

I just submitted my secondary last night and received a complete email this morning, but have not sent in the photograph yet. Did this happen for you guys? They still need a photo don't they?
Same thing happened for me, I got my complete email before i sent off my pic.

i am guessing hold or rejection emails not sent. :( I just want to kn ow something good or bad.

Submitted secondary: 10/7
Complete email: 10/11
Interview Invite: 10/15 :soexcited:

SO HAPPY!!! Good luck to everyone :luck:

Anyone else interviewing on Dec. 3rd? I don't want to walk around alone all day haha

Last edited:
So I just realized that there was a photo form and that if you don't turn it in you can't be considered for an interview. So i just mailed it today but I was complete back in August. Hopefully this will lead to an interview...

Does Morehouse have any GPA/MCAT cutoff scores to receive a secondary/interview?

Thanks

Does Morehouse have any GPA/MCAT cutoff scores to receive a secondary/interview?

Thanks
Not for secondary. They will sure have MCAT cutoff for interview and guess what I do not know what is that cut off and i am also interested to know.

Not for secondary. They will sure have MCAT cutoff for interview and guess what I do not know what is that cut off and i am also interested to know.

If I remember correctly, last year's MSAR showed a 3.0 cumulative / 2.7 Science and 24M cutoffs* for matriculants. I think thats only for people with very special circumstances though.

Average was 3.5/3.3 27O

* by cutoff I mean lower 10th percentile.

I wonder how many applicants invited for interview actually get accepted.

I spoke with someone from Morehouse today and he informed me that I should not be worried if I haven't heard anything because they have rolling interviews and that last year they were still interviewing up to March/April. So for those who haven't heard anything: keep hope alive!! :thumbup:

Did Morehouse start doing silent rejections and holds this cycle? Did anyone get either a hold or a rejection yet please?

Thanks
LIFE IS GOOD:love:

I spoke with someone from Morehouse today and he informed me that I should not be worried if I haven't heard anything because they have rolling interviews and that last year they were still interviewing up to March/April. So for those who haven't heard anything: keep hope alive!! :thumbup:
Thanks a bunch, I was beginning to stress out. Really would like to hear something soon though. Would love to get an interview here.

Status
Not open for further replies.