2009-2010 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how rejections are notified? I heard it was via snail mail, confirmation anyone?

*time to go check my mail now*

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how rejections are notified? I heard it was via snail mail, confirmation anyone?

I also heard it was snail mail, but I don't think they start rejecting people until waaay later

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, so I have all my checkmarks on the app status screen, but it still says my app is incomplete. did this happen for anyone?

they will mark you complete within a day or two from when you have all the checkmarks

they will mark you complete within a day or two from when you have all the checkmarks

Yeah I think so too. That's what happened in my case, at least.

Anyone else here MSTP? Any word on invites yet? THE MD program sent out invites mid-September last year, donno about MSTP. Their website says they review applications and send out the first batch of interview invites in August, which is quickly coming to a close. Just wondering if anyone here has heard anything yet.

Cheers!

Anyone else here MSTP? Any word on invites yet? THE MD program sent out invites mid-September last year, donno about MSTP. Their website says they review applications and send out the first batch of interview invites in August, which is quickly coming to a close. Just wondering if anyone here has heard anything yet.

Cheers!

Nope - nothing yet. I've been complete for a week or so but looking forward to hearing something!

I was complete even though they had not received my dean's certification.

I was wondering why this school did not receive my committee packet, and just found out that my pre-med office forgot to send it :mad: I was done with this one three weeks ago, oh well, better late than never.

Last edited:
just to clarify - I know the Dean's Certification does not have to be in within 4 weeks, nor for your app to be considered complete. SO does that mean I can wait until I find out about an interview to send it? My take was that it is just something that needs to be in for matriculation, not to be granted an interview or maybe even an acceptance. thoughts?

I am pretty sure you don't need to get an interview but if you are interested in the school you would turn that form in anyways as it is not too big of a hassle for most schools.

just to clarify - I know the Dean's Certification does not have to be in within 4 weeks, nor for your app to be considered complete. SO does that mean I can wait until I find out about an interview to send it? My take was that it is just something that needs to be in for matriculation, not to be granted an interview or maybe even an acceptance. thoughts?

I would just send it.

I can't speak for MD, but for MSTP my application was not sent for review until my dean's certification was in. This was in spite of the "According to our records, your application is now complete" status message on their website, and in spite of receiving an e-mail from the ad-com that said something like, "Your application is now complete and under review. It may take several months for a decision, but we will let you know when we reach one".

Just send it in. Why wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected for the MSTP program couple weeks ago. I received it by snail mail. I was complete early August.
I hope this helps

is there a way to get a fee waiver for the secondary application?

is there a way to get a fee waiver for the secondary application?

From the Application Instructions:

If you have been granted a fee waiver from AMCAS and would like for us to waive your Supplemental Application service fee, send an email to [email protected] indicating that the waiver was granted. Your fee will then be waived. If you do not receive a fee waiver from AMCAS, your supplemental application service fee will not be waived.

Interview invite :). Complete 8/5/09. Came as a total surprise!

Invite here as well. It's nice that they seem to interview every day.

Invite here as well. It's nice that they seem to interview every day.

Agreed. The problem is that with interviews I already have scheduled and a full-time job that is already accommodating those interviews, this one is going to be extremely tricky to schedule.

I wish they'd extend their available dates by a week on either side. That would make my life a lot easier.

Agreed. The problem is that with interviews I already have scheduled and a full-time job that is already accommodating those interviews, this one is going to be extremely tricky to schedule.

I wish they'd extend their available dates by a week on either side. That would make my life a lot easier.

Was this by email or snail mail?

Interview invite here too! They sent it by email. at 4 AM no less.

great job guys!!

Interview Invite! Congrats everyone! Has anyone called and checked what the available dates are?

Interview Invite! Complete 8/21!
Is calling the only way to schedule for an interview? Is there any way to do it online? I am not sure about my fall schedule yet, and I will not know until next Monday. Thanks.

Is calling the only way to schedule for an interview? Is there any way to do it online? I am not sure about my fall schedule yet, and I will not know until next Monday. Thanks.

congrats! how long do they give you to respond to the request?

Interview Invite! Congrats everyone! Has anyone called and checked what the available dates are?

? Where are you both getting this 'need to call' thing from?

They say to call the admission office within a week to schedule for an interview. Did some of you get a different email?

They say to call the admission office within a week to schedule for an interview. Did some of you get a different email?

Is yours MSTP? Because I def. scheduled my MD interview online.

my email said:
To arrange for an interview, please go to http://wumsapply.wustl.edu and login to your account. Choose "Visit Arrangements" and select an interview date. Interviews are scheduled Mondays through Fridays.

It is for an MD. This is what I got! weird, I should probably call and talk to them then. Thanks.

Within the next week you should call to arrange your interview date. Please note that this invitation is for an interview for the MD Program only. If you applied to the MSTP Program, they will contact you separately about the MSTP interview.
To arrange for an interview, please call xxx at xxxx. Interviews are scheduled Mondays through Fridays.

It is for an MD. This is what I got! weird, I should probably call and talk to them then. Thanks.

Within the next week you should call to arrange your interview date. Please note that this invitation is for an interview for the MD Program only. If you applied to the MSTP Program, they will contact you separately about the MSTP interview.
To arrange for an interview, please call xxx at xxxx. Interviews are scheduled Mondays through Fridays.

That is really weird. :confused:

Interview invite too! I was able to schedule online. Any idea where we find out info about the actual interview day? (like the schedule?) Also, is anyone who got interviews going to the breakfast the day of the interview?

http://medschool.wustl.edu/admissions/visit.html
The link has v. important information: sample interview day, travel guide... AND it seems like the breakfast is part of the interview schedule(at least from the sample interview schedule).
I am still trying to figure out why I have to call to schedule my appt. I called the admissions office and they said it has to be in the first three weeks of Oct, and I can only schedule it over the phone. I guess I must be special, lol, jk

The link has v. important information: sample interview day, travel guide... AND it seems like the breakfast is part of the interview schedule(at least from the sample interview schedule).
I am still trying to figure out why I have to call to schedule my appt. I called the admissions office and they said it has to be in the first three weeks of Oct, and I can only schedule it over the phone. I guess I must be special, lol, jk

Great thanks... guess I should have actually looked around a little more before asking. Yeah the calling thing doesn't make much sense... they just want to hear your voice? :rolleyes:

Knowing the reputation of the school, maybe the higher your MCAT score, the less hassle they want to put you through. :smuggrin:

34-37: call us, interview October.

38-39: call us/online, interview late September.

40+: online/we'll pick you up at your place tonight...

:D

Congrats all!

Oooh, nice link. Thanks!

Yeah my email just said to call to schedule an interview :/

Last edited:
Interview Invite. Submitted secondary 7/3. Primary not verified until 7/24 though.

Yay, got mine today. It's my first interview invite in a few weeks. I was starting to think I had all the interviews I was gonna get. Now the only problem is that I can't do any of the dates without missing another day of work, which is kinda troublesome cause it's only a part time job and they don't really have any subs. And I'm already missing a day for another interview. I'm a little scared to call and tell them.

Can someone pls tell me when the interviews are scheduled to end if you have already seen the interview schedule. I am planning on buying my plane ticket tonight. Thanks.

Invited, finally :p Im going foward to see all you guys over there!

WUSTL website said:
* Approximately 30% of applicants will have more than one interview.

What does that mean? I would guess the top 30% of applicants get 2 interviewers.

What does that mean? I would guess the top 30% of applicants get 2 interviewers.

What would that accomplish for washu? It would make more sense if they gave 2 interviews to the 'bottom' 30%. or maybe its random? I dont really understand it :)

EDIT: hmmm or the second interviewer could be a new interviewer they are trying to train (via comparison of interview evaluations with the more experienced interviewer)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.