2009-2010 University of Louisville School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so basically, no change = waitlist, change = accept/reject

Members don't see this ad.

Decision is in the mail....

Why does Louisville have to be so archaic??!! This wait is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Decision is in the mail....

Why does Louisville have to be so archaic??!! This wait is killing me.

They wanted to terminate snail mail notification last year but it seems students preferred the traditional way so they kept it.

Good luck waiting for the mail! I still have "decision pending".:luck:

They wanted to terminate snail mail notification last year but it seems students preferred the traditional way so they kept it.

Good luck waiting for the mail! I still have "decision pending".:luck:

Seriously? Why would anyone want to agonize over this more than they have to?

decision pending as well.

looks like I'll be checking every 2nd and 4th wednesday.

for all of those whose status has change:
They made my decision on a Tuesday and i got the actual letter the next Tuesday. So it takes a while

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks man!!!

Yeah I had it. You're golden - you're in. Don't worry brooklynblunder. Post when you get in:thumbup:

Congrats on the acceptance guys. I am still waiting. I guess I'll check back after Tuesday the 27th. I'll keep you guys posted.

THose that got there letters today, are you in Kentucky? My status changed the 15th and i didn't get any mail today, but my preferred address is OOS. Now i'm worried though that it got lost in the mail...

I got the acceptance letter today! :-D
My snail mail took 4 days... but first class mail usually takes 2-9 days, so don't lose hope!

Still no letter!!! AAhhhh!!! Where is it???!!!

I'm curious as to when people whose statuses changed interviewed. Mine wasn't until 9/24 (just after an adcom mtg. that week). I'm hoping that because there were at least 6 interview days between then and latest adcom mtg. that they haven't gotten to my app yet, maybe?

Does anyone know if they get through all the interviewees they have at every mtg.? I know the dean of admissions told us sometimes they hang onto people for a few meetings before making a decision, partly because no formal waitlist is developed until the spring.

Trying to be hopeful, I really like U of L!

I'm curious as to when people whose statuses changed interviewed. Mine wasn't until 9/24 (just after an adcom mtg. that week). I'm hoping that because there were at least 6 interview days between then and latest adcom mtg. that they haven't gotten to my app yet, maybe?

Does anyone know if they get through all the interviewees they have at every mtg.? I know the dean of admissions told us sometimes they hang onto people for a few meetings before making a decision, partly because no formal waitlist is developed until the spring.

Trying to be hopeful, I really like U of L!

umm my changed 10/15 even though i interviewed early sept

ACCEPTED!! I was in Chicago when my letter arrived (I live in KY). Talk about a long ride home. I received my status change on 10/15, letter arrived monday. I live in KY. Good luck to the rest of you and congrats to you guys who have already made it in.

My status didn't change. I am OOS and the letter took 4 days to reach me. I don't think my status will change until they receive my deposit... I think they want you to find out only through the letter.

you sure it didnt change on the application status tab? mine says

Committee Decision: Decision Notification Pending
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file and a letter has been sent to you in the mail notifying you of this decision. No final decisions will be given out over the phone. 10/15/2009 Seat Deposit Received:

Hey all - I am new to this website but I found out I got in to Louisville on Tuesday! I am an in-state applicant and had an interview on 8/27. My status changed 10/15. I have my mail forwarded to my current address so it seems that is why it took longer for me to get the letter

Good luck to everyone!

If my letter doesn't come today I'm calling them. Mail from kentucky to north carolina does not take more than 7 days.

Sometimes the mail sorting center is just slow... o.0 But definitely give them a call after 2 weeks if the letter has not been delivered.

Did anybody notice that "conditionally" on the first line was spelled wrong? Did I receive a fake letter? lol

i got the acceptance letter on thursday. whens second look yo, it better be like february so we can hit up a basketball game

congrats to those who got acceptances!

anybody know anything about interviewing at the trover campus they have for their rural program? has anyone visited it or anything?

congrats to those who got acceptances!

anybody know anything about interviewing at the trover campus they have for their rural program? has anyone visited it or anything?

not sure, but at my interview it sounded like a great program.

im a big fan of yours Zidane, i dont think it was fair what happened to you in your last game. i understand why you would want to keep a low key and practice rural medicine though

not sure, but at my interview it sounded like a great program.

im a big fan of yours Zidane, i dont think it was fair what happened to you in your last game. i understand why you would want to keep a low key and practice rural medicine though

yeah that's why i'm interested in rural medicine :laugh:

So UofL had the wrong address for me, so supposedly a new letter was mailed to my new address last Thursday. I still haven't gotten it though. For those of you that did actually relieve your letters, was there anything you had to do within a set time period (like having a seat deposit mailed by a certain date)? I would hate for the postal service to be the reason I lose my (potential) spot.

2 weeks. call them up and explain and then email them telling that you will accept the seat. and theyll wait for you. if felt the same way. ill overnight ship it tomorrow

I was accepted Yay!! But I don't really understand what I am supposed to do for the Background check thing. On the website it says something about AAMC sending an email once accepted but I never got one from them. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do for this?

i like the way this class is shaping up (after meeting some ppl that were accepted)

i hope you guys all decide to come

Interviewed yesterday. pretty laid back and everyone was really nice.

Hello all. I seemed to have deleted the email with the link to the application on it, and I need to check the status of my deposit. If anyone could post it here or PM it to me, I would appreciate it very much.

Anyone been accepted into the rural tract program?

august 19th, the first interviews.

guess that means i'm waitlisted. don't see why.

accepted at another school that wants me more, so screw 'em haha

I have created a facebook group for the class of 2014. Anyone who knows they are for sure going to Louisville next year should join and we can get this class started right!

Hey all, just wanted to throw in my info for those of you who are still wondering about dates...

Secondary completed 7/29
Interviewed 8/20
Acceptance letter mailed 9/11
Acceptance letter received 9/14

I am an in-state, EDP applicant, as well as a Louisville alumna.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.