2009-2010 University of Louisville School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to those who got off the waitlist yesterday.

I am wondering whether I can ask the obvious questions:

1. How much time do you get to decide?

2. Do you mind sharing your stats?

3. Are you IS or OOS?

Good luck.

1. 7 days (well they say 7, but I received the offer on Tuesday and needed to reply by this coming Monday so it was actually less than a week)
2. 30R / 3.7 at a difficult school out of state
3. IS

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info. I have heard the ULSOM is giving a 5-24 deadline to accept seats, anyone got any more news on movement?

Thanks everyone!

4. Do students in the waitlist (with no other admission offers) generally apply for ULSOM Housing , just in case?

4. Not sure, but I wouldn't think so. During pre-orientation they told us that only a few people from the med and dental school live there so there will probably be places available.

I thought I'd weigh in on this real quick. I just finished my first year at ULSOM and I never met anyone in any class that lives in the medical campus student housing. That's not to say no one does, but it must be pretty rare. There are plenty of housing options that are much nicer than the dated dorm housing on Preston St. The only people I know that live there are typically foreign medical grads who get a residency at the hospital.

Members don't see this ad :)
fyi i got accepted yesterday off the wait list...top third...good luck to everybody else

Has anybody received a criminal background check email this week? Does anybody know what receiving one means at this point in time?

Thanks.

That means you're going to get accepted. I got a background check email yesterday morning and then yesterday afternoon got my admission offer email. (I was middle third.)

That means you're going to get accepted. I got a background check email yesterday morning and then yesterday afternoon got my admission offer email. (I was middle third.)

That is great news. Are there others in the Top Third who haven't heard anything or who have received the CBC email?

Thanks.

It seems to me that the waitlist is moving pretty quickly if they're already into the Middle Third. Does anyone know from past years if they usually get to the Middle Third this quick, and if so, how much of the Middle Third gets in?

I'm Top Third/Out of State and I haven't heard back from them yet. Though I received the criminal background check. I can't tell if its from them or another school. Is there a way to find out what school asked for the background check?

Fingers crossed

I'm Top Third/Out of State and I haven't heard back from them yet. Though I received the criminal background check. I can't tell if its from them or another school. Is there a way to find out what school asked for the background check?

Fingers crossed

well, you're in somewhere. congratulations. mission accomplished.

well, you're in somewhere. congratulations. mission accomplished.
Not to bust any bubbles.. (I hope you did get in!).. but last year I had the CBC done too, but I wasn't accepted anywhere.

Good luck though!

Not to bust any bubbles.. (I hope you did get in!).. but last year I had the CBC done too, but I wasn't accepted anywhere.

Good luck though!

my mistake. I've had 3 or 4 people tell me that receiving the CBC was the defining moment. apparently, they (and I) are misinformed.

A friend of mine got in yesterday from the middle third of the wait list...not sure on all the stats, but he is IS.

FYI, he did not receive his background check request until AFTER receiving his acceptance email.

A friend of mine got in yesterday from the middle third of the wait list...not sure on all the stats, but he is IS.

FYI, he did not receive his background check request until AFTER receiving his acceptance email.

A friend of mine also got in a few hours ago. Middle third and IS.

Anybody else waitlisted an IS re-app? It looks like they've already started accepting people in the middle third. Any one have any idea if they're going through the waitlist faster than in previous years? I'm working on my amcas app again just in case (I'm middle third), but I'm hoping I won't have to.:xf:

I talked to the admissions office yesterday about reapplying and found out some important info-at least for me. The waiting list at Louisville is really two waiting lists, one for IS and one for OOS. The IS one is in the middle third and moving more quickly than the OOS. The OOS one is still in the first third and not moving quickly at all. I'm middle third OOS and the Dean basically told me to reapply cuz I don't have much of a chance this year. Hope this doesn't discourage you OOS, but I was glad I knew because I was assuming that since I was middle third, I had a good change to get in before August.

I talked to the admissions office yesterday about reapplying and found out some important info-at least for me. The waiting list at Louisville is really two waiting lists, one for IS and one for OOS. The IS one is in the middle third and moving more quickly than the OOS. The OOS one is still in the first third and not moving quickly at all. I'm middle third OOS and the Dean basically told me to reapply cuz I don't have much of a chance this year. Hope this doesn't discourage you OOS, but I was glad I knew because I was assuming that since I was middle third, I had a good change to get in before August.

I was told the same and I'm IS. I was encouraged to reapply because the IS waitlist was pretty much at a dead halt. LD1234Him: I asked about sending a letter of intent/interest. They said (for me/IS) it didn't really do anything, but it was more for OOS. I don't know if our standing on the waitlist is concrete, but it sure couldn't hurt.

I figured my chances this year were 50-50 anyway. Hopefully it'll start moving again soon. I'm still hanging on to the hope that I'll be there this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.