2009-2010 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. so erik and i were talking about our beards and he dared me to post a picture of mine. so here we go:

1.jpg

BEAT THAT, ERIK!!!!

note: that is not actually me, though i'm sure you guys all assumed that anyway lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks MedHopeful! Just curious, what time did you get your email on Monday?

I got it at 8:40AM, which was kinda funny because I told myself I had to wait to check my email untill 10AM because I thought there was no way I would get it any earlier then that. I was pleasantly surprised to see it sitting there!

Tucson:

Waitlist Position-
14) SmokeyGray - IS; ACCEPTED 03/22/10. 1 other acceptance, 2 other waitlists, waiting on 3 more
16) Ilovewater - IS; ACCEPTED 03/30/10. 3 other acceptances, waiting on 5
17) tmm808 - IS; ACCEPTED 04/13/10. 3 other acceptances
20) SurfdudeJD - IS; ACCEPTED 04/21/10 waiting on 3 others
34) Indiana06 - OOS; ACCEPTED 05/10/10 Accepted @ Phx
39) Nasappah - OOS; ACCEPTED 05/13/10 2 other acceptances, couple waitlists
40) HappyT - IS; ACCEPTED 05/13/10 0 other waitlists; 0 other acceptances
42) ACE28 - IS; ACCEPTED 05/14/10
46) ehandber - IS; ACCEPTED 05/14/10 0 other acceptances/applications.
49) MedHopeful777 - IS, ACCEPTED 05/17/10 0 other waitlists, 0 other acceptances
54) kj92086 - ACCEPTED 05/17/10
61) MadeInReydn - IS; 1 other acceptance (Set on UA, not sure which campus)
62) paiger - IS; 0 other acceptances (2 other waitlists)
81) Happyglucky - IS; 2 other acceptances, waiting on 1
85) sweetlife - IS ; 0 other acceptances
89) aztri - IS; 0 other acceptances
93) countryboydoc - IS; Accepted @ Phx, 2 other acceptances, 3 waitlists, waiting on 3 more
121) sunny1 - IS
123) BearDownAZ - IS; 0 other acceptances (1 waitlist, 1 in TBD)

Phoenix:

Waitlist date-
IS:
03/04
happyglucky - IS--ACCEPTED 03/24/10
Who Dat Nation - IS ACCEPTED 04/06/10
Brahms2010 - IS ACCEPTED 05/07/10
2 LEGIT 2 QUIT - IS
7franks - IS
bminz - IS (Set on Phoenix)
chagramama- IS
Ehandber - IS (WL'd #46 @ Tucson)
MadeInReydn - IS (WL'd #61 @ Tucson)
Opt79- IS

03/12
aztri- IS ACCEPTED 05/18/10 (WL'd #89 @Tucson)
paiger- IS (WL'd #62 @ Tucson)

OOS:
03/05
nyyfan65 - OOS; ACCEPTED 04/16/10
DancinSarah - OOS
JMJ777 - OOS; 1 acceptance, 1 other waitlist
Meducated - OOS
Nasappah - OOS
Phosphorus Ylide - OOS; 1 other acceptance (Will decline and accept Phoenix, if taken off the WL)
ShameFame - OOS

__________________________________________________ _______
TUCSON

Entering Fall 2007:

Around 4/28: 10
Around 5/15: 38
By matriculation day: 53-54

Entering Fall 2008:

3/24 (12 days): 3
3/25 (13 days): 5
4/04 (3 ½ weeks): 12
4/07 (4 weeks): 13
4/10 Tucson and PHX 2nd Look
4/22 (6 weeks): 18
4/28 (6 ½ weeks): 20
5/01 (7 weeks): 25
5/08 (8 weeks): 32
5/12 (8 ½ weeks): 33
5/15 (9 weeks): 39
5/19 (9 ½ weeks): 42
5/23 (10 ½ weeks): 48
5/27 (11 weeks): 49
6/03 (12 weeks): 52
6/05 (12 weeks): 57
6/11 (13 weeks): 59
7/28 (19 ½ weeks): 63
Matriculation day: 65

Entering Fall 2009:

3/18 (7 days): 6
3/25 (2 weeks): 10
3/30 (2 ½ weeks): 11
4/01 (3 weeks): 13
4/08 (4 weeks): 15
4/09-11: Tucson and PHX 2nd Look
4/15 (5 weeks): 17
4/27 (6 ½ weeks): 19
5/04 (7 ½ weeks): 23
5/11 (8 ½ weeks): 25
5/15 (9 weeks): 32
5/18 (9 ½ weeks): 37
5/21 (10 weeks): 40
5/29 (11 weeks): 44
6/05 (12 ½ weeks): 47
7/08 (17 weeks): 49
7/28 (19 ½ weeks): 51
Matriculation day: 55

Entering Fall 2010:

3/15 (3 days): 13
3/22 (10 days): 14
3/30 (2 ½ weeks): 16
4/08-10: PHX 2nd Look
4/13 (4 weeks): 17
4/21 (5 ½ weeks): 20
4/23: Tucson 2nd Look
4/23 (6 weeks): 22
4/25 (6 weeks): 23
5/05 (7 ½ weeks): 28
5/07 (8 weeks): 29
5/10 (8 ½ weeks): 34
5/12 (8 ½ weeks): 38
5/13 (9 weeks): 41
5/14 (9 weeks): 47
5/17 (9 ½ weeks): 54
5/19 (10 weeks): 55

Hey, thanks for calling! I actually tried calling earlier today with no luck. So Allysa, you're an MD/PhD student? If so that's pretty ambitious! Props to you! :D

At this point, I'd take ANY movement. I've updated the plot, changed a few trendlines, and used 3 rates of movement as possible paces. The flattest equals the rate of movement we began with in March and April. The middle line represents the pace of 2009 after May 15th, and the highest is 2008 after May 15th. I believe we will follow pretty closely to the middle line, with a little variation. I also changed the mid-June landing zone, but this year, who knows where it will actually end up.

2010WL_14.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for calling! I actually tried calling earlier today with no luck. So Allysa, you're an MD/PhD student? If so that's pretty ambitious! Props to you! :D

Ha ha! Ooops! No I am not an MD/PhD. I just read through that list real fast, saw the MD part and clicked it. I will just being working towards my MD! Thanks for letting me know, just updated it :)

It is eerily quiet on this thread...

Agreed - hopefully a little more WL movement will bring people back. For anyone following but not posting to this thread, I will continue to post updated plots until at least mid-July, whether or not I'm accepted by then. As I mentioned earlier, I'm expecting and hoping for a minimum of 3-4 spots a week for next week and the first week of June.

Last edited:
Ha ha! Ooops! No I am not an MD/PhD. I just read through that list real fast, saw the MD part and clicked it. I will just being working towards my MD! Thanks for letting me know, just updated it :)

Allysa, how did you get through to Tucson yesterday? I can't seem to lately - it always goes to the answering machine. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Allysa, how did you get through to Tucson yesterday? I can't seem to lately - it always goes to the answering machine. Thanks!

I guess I was just lucky or something! I called 520-626-4555 and went to option 3 (which I am sure is the same method as you). I am in Phoenix right now visiting my parents, but I live in Tucson and will be back next week. If worse comes to worst I can always stop by admissions on Monday and ask in person.

The only logical answer is that they blocked your number...sorry I have to be the bearer of this bad news...:p

I had just been calling Ann at the admissions office every time. But, they do probably have a lot to do right now. Isn't someone on this board actually just IN TUCSON that could stop by?

I had just been calling Ann at the admissions office every time. But, they do probably have a lot to do right now. Isn't someone on this board actually just IN TUCSON that could stop by?

Just got through on the phone and they are at 55 still :(

Last edited:
Guys, guys! The 2010-2011 application thread is up! Now's our chance to get in there and establish ourselves as god-like personalities on the level of MadEvans and Broooother!!! :)

Let's tell the incoming applicants that the interview section at U of A includes a physical challenge portion where they have to fight a lion. With no weapons. Naked.

Guys, guys! The 2010-2011 application thread is up! Now's our chance to get in there and establish ourselves as god-like personalities on the level of MadEvans and Broooother!!! :)

Let's tell the incoming applicants that the interview section at U of A includes a physical challenge portion where they have to fight a lion. With no weapons. Naked.

If we're fighting lions naked, I can think of one weapon I'd have at my disposal. Let's just say I'd use my "weapon" to urinate in the lion's eyes before devouring the lion.

If we're fighting lions naked, I can think of one weapon I'd have at my disposal. Let's just say I'd use my "weapon" to urinate in the lion's eyes before devouring the lion.

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's the classy Logan we've come to know and love. Tucson is soooooo lucky to have you ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's the classy Logan we've come to know and love. Tucson is soooooo lucky to have you ;)

Haha, well all undergrad I've heard how trashy Tucson is (usually from smack talk around territorial cup games), so I've been working hard to fit in...jk. I'm just a sexual deviant...I don't know what I'm gunna do for pediatrics or OBGYN rotations :p jk lolz 2 tha max.

...to Ross, of course. As evidenced by my three years of trying for a state school, it's not really my first option, but I'm pretty damn excited about it. How excited? I'm a Mormon and I just swore. Anyhow, I'm just excited I can FINALLY say I am GOING to be a doctor! :D:D:D And while it is a Caribbean school, at least it's not one of those questionable schools that don't require an MCAT or don't have a graduating class yet. It's got a very solid reputation, and I am excited about not having to consider an upstart or one of those schools that isn't licensed in all 50 states and can't get FFEL funds.

For those of you who don't know, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was filmed primarily in Dominica, where Ross is located. I have a PS3 and the Pirates trilogy on Blu-Ray, as well as a 46" 240 Hz Sony Bravia LED TV. So basically, when I watch the movie I feel like I'm in medical school already because the picture is so awesome and I know that's the island where I'll be. Is that wierd?

Last edited:
:soexcited:

I almost cursed myself by not doing the obligatory 'I just got accepted to medical school' happy dance!

:soexcited:

Haha, well all undergrad I've heard how trashy Tucson is (usually from smack talk around territorial cup games), so I've been working hard to fit in...jk. I'm just a sexual deviant...I don't know what I'm gunna do for pediatrics or OBGYN rotations :p jk lolz 2 tha max.

This just in: U of A College of Medicine withdraws an acceptance previously extended to a student for the first time in its 43 year history.

Holy ****! Congrats ML! Its about time! I don't know why they are the first to figure out how dedicated you are!

I'm glad you and I are both going to be doctors! I'm jealous that you're gonna have more time in the islands than me, but you're jealous I get to enjoy Tucson' wonderous scenery and nightlife...wait...
:cool::D

Congrats man!

...to Ross, of course. As evidenced by my three years of trying for a state school, it's not really my first option, but I'm pretty damn excited about it. How excited? I'm a Mormon and I just swore. Anyhow, I'm just excited I can FINALLY say I am GOING to be a doctor! :D:D:D

NICE!!!:D Congrats ML! That's awesome! Can we come down to party at your place some time? ;)

About calling in, I guess it's bad luck. I asked my wife to try, and she got through :confused: Thanks for the help, guys! I probably just need to relax a little. :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect this week or even the last week of May to go this slow. Technically we've moved 8 spots this week, which is great, but our post-Monday movement is crawling. Something to give us who are still WLers hope: :idea: If I'm not mistaken, financial aid for Tucson and Phoenix has not been given out, and wont be till next week - correct? If so, it alone could cause a little bit of movement when it is disclosed . . . hopefully. Thoughts?

NICE!!!:D Congrats ML! That's awesome! Can we come down to party at your place some time? ;)

About calling in, I guess it's bad luck. I asked my wife to try, and she got through :confused: Thanks for the help, guys! I probably just need to relax a little. :rolleyes:

I really didn't expect this week or even the last week of May to go this slow. Technically we've moved 8 spots this week, which is great, but our post-Monday movement is crawling. Something to give us who are still WLers hope: :idea: If I'm not mistaken, financial aid for Tucson and Phoenix has not been given out, and wont be till next week - correct? If so, it alone could cause a little bit of movement when it is disclosed . . . hopefully. Thoughts?

I believe those accepted have 1 week at this point in the cycle to decide if they want to attend UA or not (if they've been accepted elsewhere). My personal contention is that I would anticipate movements in approximate 1 week cycles. I don't know if the financial aid component will have much affect at this point because applicants should only be holding one acceptance. Regardless, if UA gives money or not they will be attending unless they get pulled from another school's wait list. Just more of my crazy philosophizing...take it with a grain.

MIR you're only 6 away...if I were you I'd be apartment hunting in Tucson :).

I agree. But also remember that even if we went through our list of people who were dead-set on NOT choosing UA (which is what it seems like, given the speed) we will see trickle-down spots for a while.

ie.

1) StudentA "Well, looks like I'm going to UA!"
2) StudentB "OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IN TO HOPKINS!!!!" (withdraw from Baylor)
3) StudentC "OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IN TO BAYLOR!!!!" (withdraw from UCLA)
4) StudentD "OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IN TO UCLA!!!!" (withdraw from Chicago)
5)***StudentA "OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IN TO CHICAGO! I guess I'll give up my UA spot afterall..." (withdraw from UA)

....And, another waitlist spot opens up.

CONGRATS MATHLINK!!!!!! Happy dance time!

...to Ross, of course. As evidenced by my three years of trying for a state school, it's not really my first option, but I'm pretty damn excited about it. How excited? I'm a Mormon and I just swore. Anyhow, I'm just excited I can FINALLY say I am GOING to be a doctor! :D:D:D And while it is a Caribbean school, at least it's not one of those questionable schools that don't require an MCAT or don't have a graduating class yet. It's got a very solid reputation, and I am excited about not having to consider an upstart or one of those schools that isn't licensed in all 50 states and can't get FFEL funds.

For those of you who don't know, Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was filmed primarily in Dominica, where Ross is located. I have a PS3 and the Pirates trilogy on Blu-Ray, as well as a 46" 240 Hz Sony Bravia LED TV. So basically, when I watch the movie I feel like I'm in medical school already because the picture is so awesome and I know that's the island where I'll be. Is that wierd?

Congrats! I don't think its weird, but I would expect to see less pirates while you're in med school. I mean obviously you'll see some pirates, just less...

I agree. But also remember that even if we went through our list of people who were dead-set on NOT choosing UA (which is what it seems like, given the speed) we will see trickle-down spots for a while.

ie.

5)***StudentA "OH MY GOD I FINALLY GOT IN TO CHICAGO! I guess I'll give up my UA spot afterall..." (withdraw from UA)

:thumbup: This is going to be the main driver of movement at this point in the cycle. When you consider that each of those steps in the process could easily take a few days to a week, you could be looking at movement well into June from an acceptance around May 15.

Congrats ML!!! You really really deserve it!

MIR, even if we moved at a pace of one spot per week from here on out you will still get in with room to spare! I agree with Legit, you better start that apartment search!

Also just a random aside, my acceptance email gave me two weeks to decide. So I think there may be another small burst at the end of next week and beginning of the next week after that since we ran through so many spots this past Friday and Monday.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Thanks everybody. I actually am starting in January, but since they do the first two years worth of med school in 20 months, I'm still on track to graduate in Spring of 2014.

This is really awesome because I will only miss one football season out on the island. And since USC is playing in Tucson this year, I will get the chance to mercilessly heckle Lane Kiffin for doing nothing to earn his $4 million dollar salary, among other things. I have been looking forward to that since they hired him. Not even my wife understands how important that is to me. I am always right there standing in the front row of the Red Zone (Devin Ross and Mike Turner actually always jumped right towards me when they dove into the crowd before games, I think mostly because I look like I won't drop them), right in front of where the visitors warm up. It's gonna be great. So if any of you are at that game this fall and see a commotion in the south end zone, it's probably me and my boys getting under their skin.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I really hope you're right - I guess the pace may just be unbearably slow for a while.

So . . . on the 18th, the day that aztri was accepted to Phoenix I was actually also accepted to Phoenix :D:D:D:D:D (I know it's lame for me to hold out on you guys like that, but it was for a good cause). So that will hopefully create another spot either way. It's important to know I got it on the 18th becuase it helps support Legit's PHX WL theory. I think his theory is probably 90% complete and accurate. The Phoenix WL is obviously less predictable, but I think his idea is pretty close. I'm going to let him do the honors of revealing it, unless he indicates otherwise. Legit was right for me in that Phoenix gave me one week to decide.

Last edited:

ie.

Erik, I hope more than anything you are right. Let's get going WL!!

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I really hope you're right - I guess the pace may just be unbearably slow for a while.

So . . . on the 18th, the day that aztri was accepted to Phoenix I was actually also accepted to Phoenix :D:D:D:D:D (I know it's lame for me to hold out on you guys like that, but it was for a good cause). So that will hopefully create another spot either way. It's important to know I got it on the 18th becuase it helps support Legit's PHX WL theory. I think his theory is probably 90% complete and accurate. The Phoenix WL is obviously less predictable, but I think his idea is pretty close. I'm going to let him do the honors of revealing it, unless he indicates otherwise. Legit was right for me in that Phoenix gave me one week to decide.

Congrats! I am impressed that you were able to hold out on us for so long. That's great news.

That's awesome, MIR!!! Congrats! Come join us in Phoenix! :D

:laugh:

Being a god was great. Now I guess it's about that time for me to split and leave the premeds cold, naked, hungry, and hopelessly alone... so god-like of me. :smuggrin:

Wow. Much more movement than I expected. Grats to all of you who were accepted so far!

I'd say I've spent the majority of the last week playing music specifically for the MD Bottle Blues. I intend on following through with this band idea.

I can't wait for medical school. I have a strong feeling that during exams I'm gonna have plenty to be blue about. :cool:

I just wanted to make a note for anyone still paying attention to our 3rd trendline. I was obviously a little too optimistic earlier with the likely landing zone :oops: I've updated the plot, but I'm going to wait till Monday afternoon to post it - just to see if the weekend held any movement. Expect the landing zone to be 2-3 spots lower than I had it previously - so about 59-65 (again, that's for mid-June, with the final spot probably being a few higher). Good luck to everyone else who's WLin'! :D:D:xf::xf:

Tucson:

Waitlist Position-
14) SmokeyGray - IS; ACCEPTED 03/22/10. 1 other acceptance, 2 other waitlists, waiting on 3 more
16) Ilovewater - IS; ACCEPTED 03/30/10. 3 other acceptances, waiting on 5
17) tmm808 - IS; ACCEPTED 04/13/10. 3 other acceptances
20) SurfdudeJD - IS; ACCEPTED 04/21/10 waiting on 3 others
34) Indiana06 - OOS; ACCEPTED 05/10/10 Accepted @ Phx
39) Nasappah - OOS; ACCEPTED 05/13/10 2 other acceptances, couple waitlists
40) HappyT - IS; ACCEPTED 05/13/10 0 other waitlists; 0 other acceptances
42) ACE28 - IS; ACCEPTED 05/14/10
46) ehandber - IS; ACCEPTED 05/14/10 0 other acceptances/applications.
49) MedHopeful777 - IS, ACCEPTED 05/17/10 0 other waitlists, 0 other acceptances
54) kj92086 - ACCEPTED 05/17/10
61) MadeInReydn - IS; 1 other acceptance (Set on UA, not sure which campus)
62) paiger - IS; 0 other acceptances (2 other waitlists)
81) Happyglucky - IS; 2 other acceptances, waiting on 1
85) sweetlife - IS ; 0 other acceptances
89) aztri - IS; 0 other acceptances
93) countryboydoc - IS; Accepted @ Phx, 2 other acceptances, 3 waitlists, waiting on 3 more
121) sunny1 - IS
123) BearDownAZ - IS; 0 other acceptances (1 waitlist, 1 in TBD)

Phoenix:

Waitlist date-
IS:
03/04
happyglucky - IS--ACCEPTED 03/24/10
Who Dat Nation - IS ACCEPTED 04/06/10
Brahms2010 - IS ACCEPTED 05/07/10
MadeInReydn - IS ACCEPTED 05/18/10 (WL'd #61 @ Tucson)
2 LEGIT 2 QUIT - IS
7franks - IS
bminz - IS (Set on Phoenix)
chagramama- IS
Ehandber - IS (WL'd #46 @ Tucson)
Opt79- IS

03/12
aztri- IS ACCEPTED 05/18/10 (WL'd #89 @Tucson)
paiger- IS (WL'd #62 @ Tucson)

OOS:
03/05
nyyfan65 - OOS; ACCEPTED 04/16/10
DancinSarah - OOS
JMJ777 - OOS; 1 acceptance, 1 other waitlist
Meducated - OOS
Nasappah - OOS
Phosphorus Ylide - OOS; 1 other acceptance (Will decline and accept Phoenix, if taken off the WL)
ShameFame - OOS

__________________________________________________ _______
TUCSON

Entering Fall 2007:

Around 4/28: 10
Around 5/15: 38
By matriculation day: 53-54

Entering Fall 2008:

3/24 (12 days): 3
3/25 (13 days): 5
4/04 (3 ½ weeks): 12
4/07 (4 weeks): 13
4/10 Tucson and PHX 2nd Look
4/22 (6 weeks): 18
4/28 (6 ½ weeks): 20
5/01 (7 weeks): 25
5/08 (8 weeks): 32
5/12 (8 ½ weeks): 33
5/15 (9 weeks): 39
5/19 (9 ½ weeks): 42
5/23 (10 ½ weeks): 48
5/27 (11 weeks): 49
6/03 (12 weeks): 52
6/05 (12 weeks): 57
6/11 (13 weeks): 59
7/28 (19 ½ weeks): 63
Matriculation day: 65

Entering Fall 2009:

3/18 (7 days): 6
3/25 (2 weeks): 10
3/30 (2 ½ weeks): 11
4/01 (3 weeks): 13
4/08 (4 weeks): 15
4/09-11: Tucson and PHX 2nd Look
4/15 (5 weeks): 17
4/27 (6 ½ weeks): 19
5/04 (7 ½ weeks): 23
5/11 (8 ½ weeks): 25
5/15 (9 weeks): 32
5/18 (9 ½ weeks): 37
5/21 (10 weeks): 40
5/29 (11 weeks): 44
6/05 (12 ½ weeks): 47
7/08 (17 weeks): 49
7/28 (19 ½ weeks): 51
Matriculation day: 55

Entering Fall 2010:

3/15 (3 days): 13
3/22 (10 days): 14
3/30 (2 ½ weeks): 16
4/08-10: PHX 2nd Look
4/13 (4 weeks): 17
4/21 (5 ½ weeks): 20
4/23: Tucson 2nd Look
4/23 (6 weeks): 22
4/25 (6 weeks): 23
5/05 (7 ½ weeks): 28
5/07 (8 weeks): 29
5/10 (8 ½ weeks): 34
5/12 (8 ½ weeks): 38
5/13 (9 weeks): 41
5/14 (9 weeks): 47
5/17 (9 ½ weeks): 54
5/19 (10 weeks): 55

Last edited:
http://www.kpho.com/news/23574305/detail.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppk2YRGyZGQ

Through the grapevine I heard that it is an ASU senior who is either WL'd or will be attending UA COM next year. Not sure which campus though.

My money is on Logan, sorry bud. I mean we all saw what you wrote earlier about publicly urinating on potentially endangered animals. :laugh: JK.

haha, pee on animals? Yes. Infringe on someone's 1st amendment rights? No. Honestly, I was undecided on prop 100 anyways, so I would not have been nuts enough to trespass on someone's property and destroy their sign. I say the homeowner should press charges. If a 21 year old is immature enough to do this, then they should be punished accordingly.

What happened to the good old days of free speech, and free right-to-punch-someone-in-the-mouth-if-you-wanna? This guy has to call the media, call his lawyers, the kid has to call his lawyers, then everyone has to wait for 6 months for someone uninvolved to decide how much money the young guy owes the old guy.

Or, the kid could've gone up and argued with the man, punched him once, the man could punch back, and then they could have a whiskey.

What happened to the good old days of free speech, and free right-to-punch-someone-in-the-mouth-if-you-wanna? This guy has to call the media, call his lawyers, the kid has to call his lawyers, then everyone has to wait for 6 months for someone uninvolved to decide how much money the young guy owes the old guy.

Or, the kid could've gone up and argued with the man, punched him once, the man could punch back, and then they could have a whiskey.

:thumbup:

I just wanted to make a note for anyone still paying attention to our 3rd trendline. I was obviously a little too optimistic earlier with the likely landing zone :oops: I've updated the plot, but I'm going to wait till Monday afternoon to post it - just to see if the weekend held any movement. Expect the landing zone to be 2-3 spots lower than I had it previously - so about 59-65 (again, that's for mid-June, with the final spot probably being a few higher). Good luck to everyone else who's WLin'! :D:D:xf::xf:

Hi guys. I wanted to let you know that I am withdrawing from Tucson. This was a really tough choice, really tough. In one way, it makes me happy, because after following this thread for some time, and seeing all of the movement, I am glad I can help it go one towards MadeIn’s number and hopefully beyond. After much deliberation and some serious financial considerations, and decided to attend UCSF. Who could have ever thought SF would be cheaper than Tucson, right? In any case, I must let my dreams of being a wildcat and warm winter days go. I loved the school and the folks I met there. Maybe residency? You guys have been great, and I will continue to follow/hope for more movement. Good luck to you guys in Tucson and Phoenix. Here’s to one more spot opening up.

Hi guys. I wanted to let you know that I am withdrawing from Tucson. This was a really tough choice, really tough. In one way, it makes me happy, because after following this thread for some time, and seeing all of the movement, I am glad I can help it go one towards MadeIn's number and hopefully beyond. After much deliberation and some serious financial considerations, and decided to attend UCSF. Who could have ever thought SF would be cheaper than Tucson, right? In any case, I must let my dreams of being a wildcat and warm winter days go. I loved the school and the folks I met there. Maybe residency? You guys have been great, and I will continue to follow/hope for more movement. Good luck to you guys in Tucson and Phoenix. Here's to one more spot opening up.

UCSF is an amazing school in an awesome and culturally diverse city. I would have given my left kidney to go there. Congrats!!

After nasappah:

MIR - 5
paiger - 6

I hope good things are in store for you both this week.

Go Suns!

:luck::xf::luck::xf::luck::xf:

Nassapah, I second Phosphorus Ylide's comment. Grats!

Hi guys. I wanted to let you know that I am withdrawing from Tucson. This was a really tough choice, really tough. In one way, it makes me happy, because after following this thread for some time, and seeing all of the movement, I am glad I can help it go one towards MadeIn’s number and hopefully beyond. After much deliberation and some serious financial considerations, and decided to attend UCSF. Who could have ever thought SF would be cheaper than Tucson, right? In any case, I must let my dreams of being a wildcat and warm winter days go. I loved the school and the folks I met there. Maybe residency? You guys have been great, and I will continue to follow/hope for more movement. Good luck to you guys in Tucson and Phoenix. Here’s to one more spot opening up.

UCSF IS a great school - congrats man! And, thanks for freeing up a spot! It's sad to lose such an awesome classmate - but glad you'll follow on the thread though :D Stay awesome! :cool: I agree that everyone on here is really great, I peaked in on threads of some other schools I applied to, and I must say, if the demeanor of the future students were to be the basis of my choice, UA would win hands down! (Never visited UCSF's thread, but I'm sure they're great too :))

Suns gotta pull it off tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.