2009-2010 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
40 people are on high list which is composed of people that were interviewed after classes were filled.
200 people are on official waitlist

It is probable that 10 might be pulled from official waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Tuesday I was told the same thing...

about 30-40 are on the high waitlist (those who got the top 5% and 10% emails). there are also people on the high list who have dual acceptances and will opt not to go to Meharry, which ultimately makes the number smalleer. I was also told there is a VERY good chance that the amt of applicants on the high list that are "committed to meharry" will not suffice to fill the class...so they will most likely pull from the official list

i was also told that the list is indeed ranked with numerical assignments for the high waitlist (i ONLY inquired about the high list, i did not ask if the 200 on official list also have specific numerical assignments for each applicant)....and I was also told that it is true that VERY FEW have come off the high list BUT it seemed as if there was a reluctance to call it "movement" (i assume because it was just a very very small number)

Early this morning i was told that this friday, the 29th, is the 'last' interview date.

good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon. I had received an email from amcas the day prior but didnt know if it were for this school. Im really looking forward to attending Meharry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon. I had received an email from amcas the day prior but didnt know if it were for this school. Im really looking forward to attending Meharry.

congrats!!!!

Tuesday I was told the same thing...

about 30-40 are on the high waitlist (those who got the top 5% and 10% emails). there are also people on the high list who have dual acceptances and will opt not to go to Meharry, which ultimately makes the number smalleer. I was also told there is a VERY good chance that the amt of applicants on the high list that are "committed to meharry" will not suffice to fill the class...so they will most likely pull from the official list

i was also told that the list is indeed ranked with numerical assignments for the high waitlist (i ONLY inquired about the high list, i did not ask if the 200 on official list also have specific numerical assignments for each applicant)....and I was also told that it is true that VERY FEW have come off the high list BUT it seemed as if there was a reluctance to call it "movement" (i assume because it was just a very very small number)

Early this morning i was told that this friday, the 29th, is the 'last' interview date.

good luck everyone!!!
stickyblue were u told where u were ranked on the list?

Wow this wait list thing is getting less and less hopeful. So basically if you didn't get an email saying you were 5-10% it's kind of bad. I mean 40 people is A LOT of people.

Someone else previous say ~10 people get off the official list?

So is the official list ranked like the high list? Is the total 240 or still 200?

The more I learn about this list, the less likely it seems I'll get in. I definitely didn't get the 5-10% email so I guess it's not going to very likely I get off.

Sigh...oh well. Time to focus on my other wait list again hahah!

So, I just got added to the waitlist as well... Hopefully I can hear back SOON... maybe within two weeks???.. LOL.

We'll see. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far... hopefully I'll see you all in June!!! :)

So, I just got added to the waitlist as well... Hopefully I can hear back SOON... maybe within two weeks???.. LOL.

We'll see. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted thus far... hopefully I'll see you all in June!!! :)

Yeah so most likely if you got an e-mail this week regarding your waitlist status, you're on the REAL waitlist. The rest of us are still in limbo and can be reconsidered later on. Just to summarize :). Good luck Blessed7 and all others who got that e-mail, may GOD bless y'all.

Yeah so most likely if you got an e-mail this week regarding your waitlist status, you're on the REAL waitlist. The rest of us are still in limbo and can be reconsidered later on. Just to summarize :). Good luck Blessed7 and all others who got that e-mail, may GOD bless y'all.

I think this week's email was for those who interviewed recently. Am trying to keep hope alive :( 8 more wks

Wow this wait list thing is getting less and less hopeful. So basically if you didn't get an email saying you were 5-10% it's kind of bad. I mean 40 people is A LOT of people.

Someone else previous say ~10 people get off the official list?

So is the official list ranked like the high list? Is the total 240 or still 200?

The more I learn about this list, the less likely it seems I'll get in. I definitely didn't get the 5-10% email so I guess it's not going to very likely I get off.

Sigh...oh well. Time to focus on my other wait list again hahah!

I agree chances seem slim...I was told that there were unusual amount of qualified applicants. Hopefully a good amount will not want to go to Meharry.

I agree chances seem slim...I was told that there were unusual amount of qualified applicants. Hopefully a good amount will not want to go to Meharry.

Ya Mrs. Davis told me this year there were more than usual amount of strong applicants.

Is it me or was this cycle pretty tough? I hear that every cycle claims it was tougher than the last. So who knows.

But yes, Let's hope they don't want to go, or got in somewhere else that is more suited for them.

Yeah, I believe this cycle is considerably tougher than the last. The class of 2014 is on it for real. I look to last years' threads and this years threads, and the amount of posting is considerably greater. We're relentless.

Yeah, I believe this cycle is considerably tougher than the last. The class of 2014 is on it for real. I look to last years' threads and this years threads, and the amount of posting is considerably greater. We're relentless.
lol yea last year only had about 9 pages. We have already reached 15

Members don't see this ad :)
is it me or is 5/15 crawling painfully towards me....I wish time flew by faster, all this suspense and waiting is driving me crazy!!!

is it me or is 5/15 crawling painfully towards me....I wish time flew by faster, all this suspense and waiting is driving me crazy!!!

Same here. The suspense is terrible! I wake up each morning with my heart beating rapidly and eagerly check my email only to find some email advertising weight loss or something about baldness etc

Same here. The suspense is terrible! I wake up each morning with my heart beating rapidly and eagerly check my email only to find some email advertising weight loss or something about baldness etc

Someone previously posted that acceptances won't go out until early May, so I bet they are going to meet tomorrow and probably sent a few out! :scared::scared::scared:

So has anyone called recently about this ranked vs. unranked business? The high vs. low? Just trying to collect as much info as we can. So far here is what I have gathered.

There is a high vs. low list
They sent emails to 5% of the waitlist (probably top 10-15 of the high list)
High list has ~25 people on it
High list is ranked, low list isn't
Acceptances are going out early May
Committee meets on Wen.

Someone previously posted that acceptances won't go out until early May, so I bet they are going to meet tomorrow and probably sent a few out! :scared::scared::scared:

So has anyone called recently about this ranked vs. unranked business? The high vs. low? Just trying to collect as much info as we can. So far here is what I have gathered.

There is a high vs. low list
They sent emails to 5% of the waitlist (probably top 10-15 of the high list)
High list has ~25 people on it
High list is ranked, low list isn't
Acceptances are going out early May
Committee meets on Wen.

some people on this forum already got accepted from the high waitlist. Gottabmd (scroll up) was on the top 5% and got accepted mid last week. I am confused though about the actual total number on the high list. I have heard from sdner's various numbers: 15, 20, 30-40.
However, I know there is a high list, middle and low list (Mr Mosley told me that)

Has anyone heard anything else about the waitlist? I'm curious and anxious... :D

Thanks!

stickyblue were u told where u were ranked on the list?

ya. i was told i was ranked on the high list and my ranking was explained to me but i did not quite understand it. 'i have a feeling' that as people were getting added to the high list the rankings were getting rearranged. i have not been pulled yet but i was told to hang tight and that i should hear back around the 15th...so im doing my best to put my energy towards other things to keep my mind clear.

ya. i was told i was ranked on the high list and my ranking was explained to me but i did not quite understand it. 'i have a feeling' that as people were getting added to the high list the rankings were getting rearranged. i have not been pulled yet but i was told to hang tight and that i should hear back around the 15th...so im doing my best to put my energy towards other things to keep my mind clear.
Well that's very good news. Congrats in advance. :):xf:

I don't know what is more exciting, waiting to get off the list or meeting everyone in June!

Let's do a wait lister party if we get in, we'll hit up the town and just have fun :thumbup:

I'm starting to get nervous and usually I'm rather calm. Good luck everyone and please post if you got pulled from the list!

I really need to step away from this forum before I develop some sort of OCD behavior!

MAY 15 IS ONE WEEK AWAY :D:D:D

I really need to step away from this forum before I develop some sort of OCD behavior!

MAY 15 IS ONE WEEK AWAY :D:D:D
Lmao I think I already have some form of sdn ocd. I dont even check facebook as much anymore. its hard though especially as you know that the next few weeks will determine what you will be doing for the next 52 weeks or more:confused:. May 15th is one week from today...:xf: Did anyone call admissions this week to get some form of updates?

Lmao I think I already have some form of sdn ocd. I dont even check facebook as much anymore. its hard though especially as you know that the next few weeks will determine what you will be doing for the next 52 weeks or more:confused:. May 15th is one week from today...:xf: Did anyone call admissions this week to get some form of updates?

52 weeks? more like 52 weeks x 4 at the minimum :) I kinda give up from this place, and hoping to get better news from two other schools :S. Either way, more waiting!!!

And yes... I definitely have OCD on SDN... I guess it holds true for all of us who are on the waitlist but no acceptances.

52 weeks? more like 52 weeks x 4 at the minimum :) I kinda give up from this place, and hoping to get better news from two other schools :S. Either way, more waiting!!!

And yes... I definitely have OCD on SDN... I guess it holds true for all of us who are on the waitlist but no acceptances.

If you give up, please withdraw so someone who actually really wants to go can get in :)

At this point, I feel like making up a song about being on the waitlist.
"Oh Meharry, why haven't you accept me....."

That's my first line. LOL :D

I've been calling and still haven't been able to reach Mr. Mosely... so please post if anyone hears anything. Thanks!

Last edited:
At this point, I feel like making up a song about being on the waitlist.
"Oh Meharry, why haven't you accept me....."

That's my first line. LOL :D

I've been calling and still haven't been able to reach Mr. Mosely... so please post if anyone hears anything. Thanks!

It's hard to reach Mr. Mosley, just keep on tryin'. I've called him like 5 times and only got him once. I always call him around 10 (8 here in CA), anyone successful in getting him multiple times know what time he is more likely to be there?

Hey guys....my other waitlist started moving already!

Any news over here? It's been kind of quiet on this thread.

I've been creeping on this forum:rolleyes:. Just been a keen observer of things and this is my first post!

Got into Meharry on Friday 4/07 right off the waitlist where I was on the top 5%. Meharry is my #2 choice. Southern Illinois just offered me a spot too! It's a no-brainer where I'm heading this fall.

So yes, I will give up my spot for someone ASAP. Goodluck Future Meharrians.:D

I've been creeping on this forum:rolleyes:. Just been a keen observer of things and this is my first post!

Got into Meharry on Friday 4/07 right off the waitlist where I was on the top 5%. Meharry is my #2 choice. Southern Illinois just offered me a spot too! It's a no-brainer where I'm heading this fall.

As we say in the Bay Area, I heart you HELLA hard! :thumbup:

All my favorite threads are dead right now. I'm starting to think that everyone else knows something I don't. :(

Where have you been! Hehehe, I thought I saw you over at one of the UC threads, did you get wait listed somewhere else as well?

Where have you been! Hehehe, I thought I saw you over at one of the UC threads, did you get wait listed somewhere else as well?

Really? They still use 'hella' up there? I didn't know...:oops:

Yeah, been posting in the UCLA/Drew thread. I had an interview there, but they don't waitlist... they just keep you hanging until a spot opens up (funny enough, they claim that not all of the 24 spots are filled, and we are already in MAY! :eek:).

Still keeping hope alive south of ya...

I just wanted to let you guys know that I withdrew a couple weeks ago. So, another spot is open for you!

Best of Luck to you all!!!

Really? They still use 'hella' up there? I didn't know...:oops:

Yeah, been posting in the UCLA/Drew thread. I had an interview there, but they don't waitlist... they just keep you hanging until a spot opens up (funny enough, they claim that not all of the 24 spots are filled, and we are already in MAY! :eek:).

Still keeping hope alive south of ya...

:laugh: Hella is to NorCal as Roscoe's is to SoCal! I don't think it will ever die, it's engrained as a part of everyone's language.

I've never had Roscoe's but I am dying to eat there in hopes of seeing Snoop Dogg!

Anyways UCLA/Drew was my top choice but I think they lost my application...I kept emailing them regarding my status because I didn't hear back after 6 weeks but they never returned my emails/phone calls and I still haven't gotten anything from them! Not even a rejection letter :(

:laugh: Hella is to NorCal as Roscoe's is to SoCal! I don't think it will ever die, it's engrained as a part of everyone's language.

I've never had Roscoe's but I am dying to eat there in hopes of seeing Snoop Dogg!

Anyways UCLA/Drew was my top choice but I think they lost my application...I kept emailing them regarding my status because I didn't hear back after 6 weeks but they never returned my emails/phone calls and I still haven't gotten anything from them! Not even a rejection letter :(

Roscoe's is over-rated. I went there once, years ago, and have felt no compelling reason to go back. Maybe if Snoop had been there, tho...

Way off topic, I did see Snoop Dogg once in a liquor store many MANY moons ago...whodathunkit?? :laugh:

That sucks about Drew. :( Did they lose your secondary? I would say better luck with them next year, but F that!!!! There will not BE a next year!!!! We're gonna make this happen NOW!!!!

Roscoe's is over-rated. I went there once, years ago, and have felt no compelling reason to go back. Maybe if Snoop had been there, tho...

Way off topic, I did see Snoop Dogg once in a liquor store many MANY moons ago...whodathunkit?? :laugh:

That sucks about Drew. :( Did they lose your secondary? I would say better luck with them next year, but F that!!!! There will not BE a next year!!!! We're gonna make this happen NOW!!!!

That's thing with living in SoCal, random run ins with celeberties. Although up here we have some too like Green Day is always hanging around Berkeley. The guy from The Gorillaz is always on campus as well as the lead singer from the Counting Crows, AFI is always at Starbucks. Just weird and random run ins lol!

Anyways I like your attitude! WE ARE ALL GOING TO MAKE IT, that's right F*** next year, this is our year :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Congrats on Southern Illinois!! thats a really good school. did you get pulled from the waitlist at Southern or did you just get a straight acceptance??

could you also tell us what day you interviewed at Meharry...???

thanks for letting us know!!! hearing what is going on with the waitlist movement really provides a lot of hope for those of us who are anxiously waiting. your post is APPRECIATED!!!

I just wanted to let you guys know that I withdrew a couple weeks ago. So, another spot is open for you!

Best of Luck to you all!!!

THANKS A LOT!! and congrats on your other acceptance!!!

could you tell us if you were ever on the meharry high waitlist before you got accepted?? or did you just get a straight acceptance??

Congrats on Southern Illinois!! thats a really good school. did you get pulled from the waitlist at Southern or did you just get a straight acceptance??

could you also tell us what day you interviewed at Meharry...???

thanks for letting us know!!! hearing what is going on with the waitlist movement really provides a lot of hope for those of us who are anxiously waiting. your post is APPRECIATED!!!

Thank you!

I was on SIU wait-list for 2.5months. I interviewed with Meharry on Friday March 26th and got waitlisted into the top 5% a week later!

Hope this helps!:cool:

THANKS A LOT!! and congrats on your other acceptance!!!

could you tell us if you were ever on the meharry high waitlist before you got accepted?? or did you just get a straight acceptance??
I interviewed in February and received an acceptance a week after my interview.

Good Luck!!

Wow well its nice to hear that the waitlist is moving. Me Im still hopefull but I already started next year app. I was told had I applied early to meharry I wouldve gotten in. So good luck everybody.

What's going on people? I was searching on google for housing at Meharry and came across this form. I was put on the %5 waitlist and got accepted via e-mail on April 30th. The snail mail letter came in a week later so there is hope for those who are worried :thumbup:

What's going on people? I was searching on google for housing at Meharry and came across this form. I was put on the %5 waitlist and got accepted via e-mail on April 30th. The snail mail letter came in a week later so there is hope for those who are worried :thumbup:

Congrats.

We are all worried because not everyone got that 5% email. I think if you did then you are definitely going to get in!:thumbup:

Congrats on your acceptance!!

could you please tell us when you interviewed and when you got the 5% email??

Hi everyone. I thought those of you still on the waitlist would be interested to know that I was accepted from the waitlist today, with money (I interviewed on 3/26 and i was placed on the waitlist the last week in march)... I've already decided to attend morehouse so I turned down Meharry. I hope one of you gets my spot, goodluck!

Hi everyone. I thought those of you still on the waitlist would be interested to know that I was accepted from the waitlist today, with money (I interviewed on 3/26 and i was placed on the waitlist the last week in march)... I've already decided to attend morehouse so I turned down Meharry. I hope one of you gets my spot, goodluck!

with money...???

EDIT: Oh! Financial Aid!! Got it. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.