2019-2020 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol I called and emailed admissions several times about my interview invite. I'm done y'all. I'll just go to the school that accepted me lmaooo. I really like it anyways haha.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol I called and emailed admissions several times about my interview invite. I'm done y'all. I'll just go to the school that accepted me lmaooo. I really like it anyways haha.
why? they didn't give you a time slot at all? i emailed them but nothing back to me

Reactions: 1 user
Wait, what happened?

why? they didn't give you a time slot at all? i emailed them but nothing back to me
Wait, what happened?
I emailed them my availability the first time around to the admissions office and waited for a response til after the holiday weekend. Didn't receive one. Then @junnny pointed out to me that there was a person cc'd on the email so I emailed that person specifically who got back to me to ask about my availability today and I responded with I'm available before 2pm CST. I sat around yesterday night waiting for a confirmational email or a time slot email and alas didn't get one. So I called the person this morning and they didn't pick up. I emailed them and they haven't responded. Lol I'm just tired with these app cycle games this late in the season.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them my availability the first time around to the admissions office and waited for a response til after the holiday weekend. Didn't receive one. Then @junnny pointed out to me that there was a person cc'd on the email so I emailed that person specifically who got back to me to ask about my availability today and I responded with I'm available before 2pm CST. I sat around yesterday night waiting for a confirmational email or a time slot email and alas didn't get one. So I called the person this morning and they didn't pick up. I emailed them and they haven't responded. Lol I'm just tired with these app cycle games this late in the season.
this is a big red flag for a school. if they can't even communicate with students who are trying to get in, i don't bank on them communicating with me if I'm a student there. big turn off from this school tbh

this is a big red flag for a school. if they can't even communicate with students who are trying to get in, i don't bank on them communicating with me if I'm a student there. big turn off from this school tbh
And it's really ironic because the people I've talked to who attend here say there is support and communication between the school and the students. I really do want to think that this is a result of the pandemic.

Tbh, all HBCU med schools need to do better with communication. :(

Reactions: 3 users
Meharry's admission office is always disorganized like this last year i think someone mentioned he was placed on the waitlist without an interview. but overall the school is very legit as long as it is lcme accredited

My interview is tomorrow, I'll let you know about it.

I’m wishing you good luck for your interview. Could you also ask when you would expect to hear back from them?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Tbh, all HBCU med schools need to do better with communication. :(
i agree. like Howard denied me in September last year when i applied for the 2019-2020 cycle. I'm like sis.. i already resubmitted all my primaries and secondaries for this next cycle already lol

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

I am so sorry about your experience. To be completely honest, when I saw that I received an email from Meharry last week, I thought that it was the official rejection email... but it was the interview invite...What I am trying to say is that it is hard and frustrating to navigate between two cycles, just because Meharry runs so behind... But if you already have an acceptance from a different school then it is not that bad!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think my ultimate decision might be to turn down my invite and give it to someone who is more deserving or enthused about going to Meharry (like one of you guys!) I think KCU might be a better fit for me because I have friends with whom I'm matriculating (an already established support network), it's closer to home, it's cheaper tuition-wise and COA-wise and a big thing is I want to give living by myself a try which is something I won't have in Nashville being that urban areas are more expensive.

Edit: Also the $1500 deposit might be a bit much for me since my family already spent $5k on deposits and my mother's on limited paid leave because she got sick with the virus.

Last edited:
I think my ultimate decision might be to turn down my invite and give it to someone who is more deserving or enthused about going to Meharry (like one of you guys!) I think KCU might be a better fit for me because I have friends with whom I'm matriculating (an already established support network), it's closer to home, it's cheaper tuition-wise and COA-wise and a big thing is I want to give living by myself a try which is something I won't have in Nashville being that urban areas are more expensive.

Edit: Also the $1500 deposit might be a bit much for me since my family already spent $5k on deposits and my mother's on limited paid leave because she got sick with the virus.
if we both end up at KCU, we need to meet dead ass... bc we're in the same forums and everything lmao

• Love
I officially gave up my interview invite! I hope one of you guys get it! :)

@junnny how’d your interview go? Did your interviewer say if more IIs are going to be sent out?

@junnny how’d your interview go? Did your interviewer say if more IIs are going to be sent out?
The interview was pleasant, it was really great to talk to someone from Meharry. She was able to explain their curriculum, because I was little confused by it. The interview lasted a little less than 1 hour. The interviewer called it a hybrid format, it included scenarios and regular interview questions. Unfortunately, she did not say if more IIs were going out.

• Hmm
I officially gave up my interview invite! I hope one of you guys get it! :)

Wow. I’m so happy that you found a place that you are excited to go to. I’m praying for your success.

Last edited:
The interview was pleasant, it was really great to talk to someone from Meharry. She was able to explain their curriculum, because I was little confused by it. The interview lasted a little less than 1 hour. The interviewer called it a hybrid format, it included scenarios and regular interview questions. Unfortunately, she did not say if more IIs were going out.

Did she say when you could expect to hear by?

Is the MHS worth it as someone whose only glaring flaw in the application is a 496 mcat. I’m planning to retake August. Any suggestions. I got into the MHS program today

Is the MHS worth it as someone whose only glaring flaw in the application is a 496 mcat. I’m planning to retake August. Any suggestions. I got into the MHS program today
i would say retake the MCAT and get into a better school (not saying meharry isn't good). but i don't think its worth drawing out thousands of dollars to get a masters when its not required nor necessary. i took the mcat the first time around and got a score lower than yours and the second time i took it, i jumped by double digits lmao

How confident are you about getting a good MCAT score in August? When did you interview ?

Last edited:
i would say retake the MCAT and get into a better school (not saying meharry isn't good). but i don't think its worth drawing out thousands of dollars to get a masters when its not required nor necessary. i took the mcat the first time around and got a score lower than yours and the second time i took it, i jumped by double digits lmao
Thank you!

Has anyone not received an invitation to the summer course yet?

For those who got the email about the orientation and class start dates, who was the email from? Can you post a screenshot pls?

Is anyone else still waiting for their deposit refund? I withdrew before the April 30th deadline and still haven’t received it. I’ve sent a couple of emails last month & this month just to see if there were any updates and they (admission & April curry) didn’t reply to any of my emils...