2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can completely understand where you’re coming from. And honestly. I think this was a very relatable post to post here because this isn’t a school x vs y arguement. This is a very real situation you’ve had to deal with pertaining to Meharry aNd this application cycle that other students in this thread I’ve noticed have also dealt with. It’s gives everyone something to think about regardless waiting on acceptance or not. So thank you for your vulnerability in this matter and not just saying well it’s my first love so I’m going with it. It take a strong person to look another way because you’ve more than likely given a lot of benefit of doubt to your first love. I can personally vouch for the “family aspect of Meharry”. There is nothing like it. But it’s sorta like being in the trenches in war lol. Like how your line sisters/brothers become your very best friends. Cause y’all have BEEN THROUGH IT together. My friends and I joke saying we may learn to do a tracheotomy with a spoon (lack of resources) but we’ll never have to do it alone and we’ll come out MUCH better for it in the end. Ever heard of being Meharry Made? Yehh. Not a joke. Lol it’s real for sure. People in this years class have matched to Yale, and Johns Hopkins, and NYU. So Meharry is more than capable of getting you prepared (as long as you take your appropriate steps too). But with that being said. I’m a student/alumni and it took 3 weeks for someone to email me back about something. So there are definitely flaws too. Pray about it and I know you’ll make the right decision for you.
I really appreciate you reaching out! Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Was accepted on Friday however I have chosen to attend another school, best of luck to those on the waitlist!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Was accepted on Friday however I have chosen to attend another school, best of luck to those on the waitlist!! :)
Congrats! Wishing you the best of luck!!
If you don’t mind, can you share your stats and when you were offered an interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are interview invites still going out? I haven’t received any updates since the under review email in March.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if they started/will be sending invites for the masters program for students who applied to the medical school?

Does anyone know if they started/will be sending invites for the masters program for students who applied to the medical school?

How they usually do it is they continuously send invites for the MHS program until the program's seats are filled. I know someone who recently was invited to that program so they are likely still actively inviting.

How they usually do it is they continuously send invites for the MHS program until the program's seats are filled. I know someone who recently was invited to that program so they are likely still actively inviting.
Thats good to know, would it be worth reaching out to express interest in the program? I havent been officially denied from the med school but its already may so im looking for alternative routes.

Thats good to know, would it be worth reaching out to express interest in the program? I havent been officially denied from the med school but its already may so im looking for alternative routes.

I feel like a general rule of thumb is that expressing interest never hurts. But Meharry does state that they do not take updates. So I'll say it's up to you, it may help or not change anything but if this is what you really want I don't think it will hurt.

For those wondering, I called today. They are still finalizing the class and sending interviews. They hope to wrap everything up by the end of the month but will be interviewing until they fill the seats. I was not told how many seats were left or what the desired class size was only that they plan to interview at least until the end of May. So keep hope alive ya’ll!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those wondering, I called today. They are still finalizing the class and sending interviews. They hope to wrap everything up by the end of the month but will be interviewing until they fill the seats. I was not told how many seats were left or what the desired class size was only that they plan to interview at least until the end of May. So keep hope alive ya’ll!
Their class size is 115.
Meharry’s class size is 115.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok. Is that with the seats they wanted to add? I know before it was mentioned they wanted to increase the class size this year.
I heard that can’t happen until they’re approved to do so which isn’t until next year.

Made a HARD decision today....declined the acceptance. Hoping for the best for everyone still awaiting a decision!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Are interview invites still going out? I haven’t received any updates since the under review email in March.
+1 here. Radio silence since March. Any sort of communication (positive or negative) would be appreciated.

Made a HARD decision today....declined the acceptance. Hoping for the best for everyone still awaiting a decision!
Wishing you the best with whatever choice that you made! Would you mind sharing your stats and your application timeline?

Wishing you the best with whatever choice that you made! Would you mind sharing your stats and your application timeline?
502, 3.2 sgpa, 3.5 cgpa, submitted in September. Interview invites came I think a couple weeks ago and I was notified 2 days later of acceptance

+1 here. Radio silence since March. Any sort of communication (positive or negative) would be appreciated.
They are sending interview invites until the end of the month at least. I called on Monday.

Has anyone received any pre-II R? Haven’t heard back and I’m trying to gauge if they are still interviewing or done this cycle

Has anyone received any pre-II R? Haven’t heard back and I’m trying to gauge if they are still interviewing or done this cycle
They don’t do silent rejections. If you haven’t gotten a rejection you still have a chance at getting a seat in the class.

Are they still interviewing because I haven't received any rejection or interview invite and we are almost getting to June. The website states that classes start on June 28th.

Are they still interviewing because I haven't received any rejection or interview invite and we are almost getting to June. The website states that classes start on June 28th.
As I understand it, they're still sending out interview invites until the end of the month. If you haven't heard anything yet, they're still considering you.

It’s getting to the end of the month and I still haven’t heard back:/ getting sad and defeated at this point😞 trying to stay positive but it’s hard

• Care
Accepted yesterday. Interviewed 3/12. Love this school, but will be declining. Good luck to everyone still waiting. It’s not over yet! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations and good luck on your future beyond this decline! Would you please mind sharing your stats and application timeline?
Accepted yesterday. Interviewed 3/12. Love this school, but will be declining. Good luck to everyone still waiting. It’s not over yet! :)

It’s getting to the end of the month and I still haven’t heard back:/ getting sad and defeated at this point😞 trying to stay positive but it’s hard
Same. I thought I would have heard something by now. Does anyone think it’s because they’re considering people in the masters program first?

Same. I thought I would have heard something by now. Does anyone think it’s because they’re considering people in the masters program first?
I think that is a strong possibility. I don’t think a lot of them have heard back either.

Are they still sending IIs? Its been radio silence for me since submitting my secondary

Has anyone who applied to the med school been invited to be a part of Meharry's MHS program?

Just received an II today. Had radio silence since completing secondary in September.

Reactions: 6 users
Just received an II today. Had radio silence since completing secondary in September.
Congratulations and best of luck on your interview! Were you made aware of how many interview dates are ahead?

Congratulations and best of luck on your interview! Were you made aware of how many interview dates are ahead?
No they just gave me the date they were available and time slots.

Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking how did you receive the II? Was it over email?

Just received II today. Was complete in September. Will be turning it down, so hope it goes to one of you!

edit: MCAT 510, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, orm, non trad, extensive community service background

Congrats!! If you don't mind me asking how did you receive the II? Was it over email?
Turned down the interview as I already committed somewhere else. MCAT: 506, sGPA: 3.75, cGPA: 3.80, URM, OOS. I was notified via email. Good luck to everyone!

Turned down the interview as I already committed somewhere else. MCAT: 506, sGPA: 3.75, cGPA: 3.80, URM, OOS. I was notified via email. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck to you on your medical school journey! Would you mind sharing your application submission timeline?

Just accepted! 😭 can someone send me the group me?