2009-2010 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just found out I got in to the Tulane ACP program!! So I guess if not Meharry then I'm head to New Orleans next year. It is a program for people who are waitlisted like us. I just found out about it like a few days before the deadline!

Members don't see this ad.

I just found out I got in to the Tulane ACP program!! So I guess if not Meharry then I'm head to New Orleans next year. It is a program for people who are waitlisted like us. I just found out about it like a few days before the deadline!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!! :highfive:

It looks like a GREAT program. Glad you have something to look forward to aside from the Caribbean. Hola, Louisiana!! :hello:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!! :highfive:

It looks like a GREAT program. Glad you have something to look forward to aside from the Caribbean. Hola, Louisiana!! :hello:

OMG I'm SOOO happy I don't have to go to SGU!!!!! I'm actually looking forwards to Tulane a lot now! The food looks delicious!

But hey still on the WL so maybe this good luck will spread! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad :)
Come on Meharry! Take someone already, I feel good about this month. But not so good that school is starting in 2 weeks :(

So they are still on the high list which really sucks....oh and post bacs can be referred from the waitlist at meharry...they do have cut off numbers though....it seems the top middle looses both ways ....sigh

OMG I'm SOOO happy I don't have to go to SGU!!!!! I'm actually looking forwards to Tulane a lot now! The food looks delicious!

But hey still on the WL so maybe this good luck will spread! :highfive:

Congrats....that's really awesome!

So they are still on the high list which really sucks....oh and post bacs can be referred from the waitlist at meharry...they do have cut off numbers though....it seems the top middle looses both ways ....sigh

Ahhh that does suck! I can't believe that they are still on the high list....alright everyone it is time to move on I think.

Hopefully all will go well and we'll all be in somewhere next year! I'm looking forwards to going to New Orleans! Tulane is great and as much as I love Meharry, they are showing me mad love.

Good luck you guys!:thumbup:

Hahahahahahaha....wow. im ecstatic for you!!!! i cant quit cheesing right now...and im cheesing quite hard. :D:D:D:D:D:D

that is amazing!!! so what exactly is the tulane's program all about?? like, what is their mission??? what do you do while you are in it?? how long does it last??? do you get a special degree or certificate???????

damn....still cheesing :D:D:D:D

Hahahahahahaha....wow. im ecstatic for you!!!! i cant quit cheesing right now...and im cheesing quite hard. :D:D:D:D:D:D

that is amazing!!! so what exactly is the tulane's program all about?? like, what is their mission??? what do you do while you are in it?? how long does it last??? do you get a special degree or certificate???????

damn....still cheesing :D:D:D:D

I sent you a PM with details! But it is only 1 semester and usually 14/16 of the students get into Tulane Medical school the next year. It is a great program if you want to go to Tulane and also medical school I guess in general.

Man this whole year has been so grueling...I really didn't think I could have gone through it again!

FB me if you want anyone on this forum!

email: [email protected]

Hey guys I just wanted to tell you that a space just opened up in Meharry because I was accepted to another school higher up on my list (Drexel). I wish you the best and hope one of you will get my spot!!!

So I thought y'all might wanna know something funny. I was checking my email and saw an email from meharry. I was like what's this. I checked it and it was an email about payroll for meharry employees! They sent it to me on accident! Lol

So I thought y'all might wanna know something funny. I was checking my email and saw an email from meharry. I was like what's this. I checked it and it was an email about payroll for meharry employees! They sent it to me on accident! Lol

AWWWW!!! What a tease :laugh:

I wonder if some more spots will open up in the next week?

Members don't see this ad :)

Ahh I would have been pissed to get that. But who knows , it may be a good sign. Atleast they have ur email very active in their system .

not cool....:laugh:

Hmm classes start next week :( I think this WL is pretty much over!

Good luck to everyone who is reapplying, don't give up!

Yea, ive pretty much given up now. Has anyone heard about the post Bacc yet??

That sucks that no one from SDN got into the post bacc.... O well, thanks Meharry for not showing me any love :(

That sucks that no one from SDN got into the post bacc.... O well, thanks Meharry for not showing me any love :(

It seems really hard to get off their waitlist if you interviewed early and was waitlisted. They interview so many applicants and the ones who interviewed in March when the class was full got placed on the high list if they were to be accepted.

So in the end if you didn't get accepted right away whether you interviewed early or late you will be in. Everyone else it seems who was truly waitlisted didn't get in since they haven't gone to the middle list where we all are.

I thought I had a good shot since I interviewed in January but oh well. I don't know if I want to go anymore since class starts next week!

I interviewed mid march. And mr Mosely wouldn't tell me where I was on the wait list. I would assume middle. O well I guess it doesn't matter. I was just hoping one of "us" SDNers got off that middle list since we have been waiting for quite a while....
Didn't the email say we could be pulled off until July 1?? That means we still have 2 weeks to wait:(

Hi everyone. I'm a student at Meharry. I'm usually on the threads answering questions early on but I was studying for step. (Took it on Friday). I haven't read through this long long thread but I'll keep an eye on it form this point forward. For those who have been accepted... congrats and welcome to the family! You can start a thread in the Allopathic forum and we can discuss Nashville, MAPS, first year etc.

Alyssa

Wait... MAPS started on Monday? I am WAY behind!

LOL no MAPS hasnt started yet. We have orientation Friday June 25. I think it lasts a week then we start classes July 1 I believe. And congrats on taking the Step. I know you are relieved :)

Congrats to everyone....

This process is sooo crazy... I really don't like the waiting game... I need a yes or no, so I can make my next move

So orientation starts in 6 days? Wonder how many people they will pull off waitlit this week

LOL no MAPS hasnt started yet. We have orientation Friday June 25. I think it lasts a week then we start classes July 1 I believe. And congrats on taking the Step. I know you are relieved :)

Great. Have you moved to the Nash yet? And did you receive a guide to Nashville?

I kinda lost hope on this waitlist.....yall are amazing though...i wish all of you the best... 1 person from here getting pulled will make me happy...

I kinda lost hope on this waitlist.....yall are amazing though...i wish all of you the best... 1 person from here getting pulled will make me happy...

I think we have all lost hope like 2 weeks ago :(

Keep applying Assa! I know you will get in this next round :D

I found out this morning through email that I was accepted!!!!!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!!!! Orientation starts Friday, now I have three days to get my life in order!! See you guys in Nashvile!!!!

I also was on the middle waitlist

Well I guess that is it guys! I doubt anyone else will be withdrawing from now to Friday.

Who knows what happened? It seemed that many of us were pretty hopeful, espeically when we did everything they asked us to do by calling, emaililng, and showing interest.

It just goes to show you that we will never know how the ad com thinks :laugh:

Well I guess I'm officially not going Meharry, just got off the WL today at another school!

Best of luck to all of you, it has been a very tough journey!

Well I guess I'm officially not going Meharry, just got off the WL today at another school!

That's whats up!...that's whats up!..........

CONGRATULATIONS!
The font can't even get big enough to show you how excited I am for you! I haven't been posting much but I know you've been faithful to the threads and so I always read when you post. Damn, I'm SO excited for you! :biglove::highfive: I wish it could turn out this way for all of us...best of luck to all of us!

CONGRATULATIONS!
The font can't even get big enough to show you how excited I am for you! I haven't been posting much but I know you've been faithful to the threads and so I always read when you post. Damn, I'm SO excited for you! :biglove::highfive: I wish it could turn out this way for all of us...best of luck to all of us!

Wow thanks! That is mighty big font :thumbup: The day I stopped waiting for it and it came to me. What a nutty process this has been :laugh:

I definitely plan to keep posting on this forum and hope to see some of you get in if you are reapplying!

And keep the hope up lovemesomeTJ, I know you are on quite a bit of waitlists so hang in there. It really isn't over yet!

Ok, so it's officially over. Goodluck to everyone in whatever u choose to do :)

lol your right. Today is the last day!

btw CONGRATS on ur acceptance...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.