2009-2010 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone PM Mr. Mosley's cell number? I have it on my phone but I'm out of the country and cannot open my phone. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

So yesterday didn't seem to be good for WL movement...I'm hoping it's because they need time to get together to figure out how many slots are available.

Nerve wrecking to say the least...

I hope someone here gets in today!!! Keep the WL moving at least :thumbup:

So yesterday didn't seem to be good for WL movement...I'm hoping it's because they need time to get together to figure out how many slots are available.

someone (or some people) DID get pulled yesterday....keep your head up...its moving steadily.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone (or some people) DID get pulled yesterday....keep your head up...its moving steadily.

:thumbup: Who? Is it like a friend of yours! That is awesome it's good to see the wait list moving along!

I'm terrified that somehow my position on the WL has changed. Like what if I was on the ranked list and now I'm not :scared:

I know it's crazy but you know how it is Stickyblu, you just don't feel good until you get in.

So I talked to Mr.Mosley today. I think we will have a much better idea of if we stand a chance when they finish the high waitlist. He really seems like a nice guy though. He was really making me laugh.

So I talked to Mr.Mosley today. I think we will have a much better idea of if we stand a chance when they finish the high waitlist. He really seems like a nice guy though. He was really making me laugh.
Yea he seems like a nice person. lets hope for a lot of withdrawals. are u in the middle list?

Yep, but I was under the understanding that there was a high, middle, and low waitlist. And he told me that there is just a high and middle. That the low ppl are at the bottom of the unranked middle list. So I dunno

I was really laughing with him too when I called yesterday! He is funny :laugh:

Did he tell you maybe when they will be done with the high list?

Get this, my supervisor is crazy! He told me we are having a meeting tomorrow at the U.S. Department of Public Health. I was like oh cool.

Then today I asked him who we are meeting with and he says oh the assistant Surgeon General for the United States...:eek:

I was like what?? I was going to wear jeans...now I need to bust out my suit!

This always happens at work, he always tells me we are meeting with people and it will turn out to the some crazy Director of some crazy big department :laugh:

Anyways, I wonder how ones becomes the Surgeon General...starting with medical school first of course! Now if I can only get off the list :laugh:

Nope, but I plan on calling back in like a week . Thats cool; girl represent us well lol.

I just withdrew from Meharry this weekend. I felt like I didn't have enough information to make an educated decision. The staff in the admissions office got ghost on me for a bit. Good luck to all of those who are in need of an acceptance and to the future Meharrians! I'll surely be down to visit. The people seemed so nice and it seemed like it would be a nice atmosphere to learn in.

I just withdrew from Meharry this weekend. I felt like I didn't have enough information to make an educated decision. The staff in the admissions office got ghost on me for a bit. Good luck to all of those who are in need of an acceptance and to the future Meharrians! I'll surely be down to visit. The people seemed so nice and it seemed like it would be a nice atmosphere to learn in.

Awesome! Thanks for withdrawing. I hope your spot goes to one of us. I really everyone who has been posting here reguarly gets in! We are too awesome to not get in!

Will definitely represent. I'm like 100% over my other waitlist now. I think meharry is where my heart is at.

Hey all! There is 40 days left before classes begin. Scary!!! Im still waiting on the WL. My mind has just been on Meharry. Its quite disturbing in fact. Meharry gets more attention than my girlfriend. I feel like a stalker. Meharry is my love and I just want her to tell me she loves me too. :love:

I plan on calling Mr. Mosley tomorrow morning. I hope to squeeze some juicy info out of him. This late in the game do you guys think they are sending correspondence by email or is it possible that we may get phone calls???

Ilvcurst, I am looking forward to your acceptance post the most because if you are at or near the top of the middle list, then your acceptance should let us know that they are finished with the high list.

And even though I dont post much, I read this thread every day. I have been praying for all of us. Good Luck guys. Hang in there. We will make it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! There is 40 days left before classes begin. Scary!!! Im still waiting on the WL. My mind has just been on Meharry. Its quite disturbing in fact. Meharry gets more attention than my girlfriend. I feel like a stalker. Meharry is my love and I just want her to tell me she loves me too. :love:

I plan on calling Mr. Mosley tomorrow morning. I hope to squeeze some juicy info out of him. This late in the game do you guys think they are sending correspondence by email or is it possible that we may get phone calls???

Ilvcurst, I am looking forward to your acceptance post the most because if you are at or near the top of the middle list, then your acceptance should let us know that they are finished with the high list.

And even though I dont post much, I read this thread every day. I have been praying for all of us. Good Luck guys. Hang in there. We will make it.

Wow 40 days is kind or scary! I'm deathly afraid somehow they bumped me downwards. My bf keeps telling me that my rank can only go up and not down...I'm like IDK...what if that happens!!!!

Anyways I'm hoping I'm still on the ranked list like Mr. Mosley told me ~1 month ago. He also seemed to acknowledge it does exist the last time i talked to him but I'm scared to ask him if I'm still on it.

Good luck everyone including you!

:thumbup: Who? Is it like a friend of yours! That is awesome it's good to see the wait list moving along!

I'm terrified that somehow my position on the WL has changed. Like what if I was on the ranked list and now I'm not :scared:

I know it's crazy but you know how it is Stickyblu, you just don't feel good until you get in.

No, i found out on the facebook group.

If you are ranked then i think you are in a REALLY good position. Mosley told me that they will DEFINITELY pull a good handfull from the middle list...plus, he told you specifically that you are in a good position, so no worries, you gotta just trust his word...thats all you can do at this point

even though i got pulled already, for some reason i keep on coming back to this forum everyday, with nervous butterflies, hoping to see one of the 'forum frequents' get pulled...im really rooting for yall, my waitlist kin.

No, i found out on the facebook group.

If you are ranked then i think you are in a REALLY good position. Mosley told me that they will DEFINITELY pull a good handfull from the middle list...plus, he told you specifically that you are in a good position, so no worries, you gotta just trust his word...thats all you can do at this point

even though i got pulled already, for some reason i keep on coming back to this forum everyday, with nervous butterflies, hoping to see one of the 'forum frequents' get pulled...im really rooting for yall, my waitlist kin.

I did check out that fb group! Can't wait to join. Thanks for coming back and visiting us! Send us your good vibes :)

I'm just nervous because no one else was told they were on this ranked list. I'm scared it doesn't exist which is just paranoia. I'm hoping it's a very small group of people which is why no one else is on it. I'm just sitting tight!

Yeah, Im really wondering bout this waitlist. But Im praying for us all. But Im kinda losing hope:scared:

Yeah, Im really wondering bout this waitlist. But Im praying for us all. But Im kinda losing hope:scared:
Divajai, dont lose hope yet. I visit this thread almost every hour. Thanks for the posts, guys. They really do encourage some of us who never post. I was also told i was sort of in the middle of the list, so I am hoping to hear from Meharry soon.

Divajai, dont lose hope yet. I visit this thread almost every hour. Thanks for the posts, guys. They really do encourage some of us who never post. I was also told i was sort of in the middle of the list, so I am hoping to hear from Meharry soon.

You gotta love that..."sort of in the middle" :laugh: It's like what does that mean?

And I think Assa go something like "highly ranked, I think?"...very undefined answers.

I agree, don't lose hope Divajai, it's not even JUNE yet girl!!!!! We are barely into the waitlist season, we still have a good month to look forwards to!

I got that Im toward the top of the middlelist. And I was told that it wasnt ranked yet. So thats why Im like I dunno.... But yeah the little family weve created on here def helps. I really wanted to tell Mr.Mosley that he should really look on here because were actually really serious about the school.:p

I got that Im toward the top of the middlelist. And I was told that it wasnt ranked yet. So thats why Im like I dunno.... But yeah the little family weve created on here def helps. I really wanted to tell Mr.Mosley that he should really look on here because were actually really serious about the school.:p

Divajai I was told that too...in the middle and Close to top of middlelist. Very very vague. Hang in there:xf:

Yeah, Im trying to keep faith. But yeah those very vague statements. I mean Mr.Mosley seems like he's trying to be as honest as he can be. But Ive already been messed over by one school already. But I wish we would know when he finally finishs the high list then we would be in a better position. So when anybody here's news post it up.

Divajai I was told that too...in the middle and Close to top of middlelist. Very very vague. Hang in there:xf:

Well this is much better than what my friend got which was at the bottom of the middle list :thumbup:

I think I'm going to call Mr. Mosley tomorrow.

So had the meeting with the Assisant Surgeon General and guess what! He went to MEHARRY! I was like OMG :D

I think you guys will love this. He told me he did his residency at Johns Hopkins in IM and then a surgery residency at Case Western. He told me that the education at Meharry is TOP NOTCH. He said when he was at Johns Hopkins he fit right in and didn't notice a difference from the Johns Hopkins students.

This has really really made me confident that Meharry is the place I want to be at!

So stay in there guys, its going to be worth it at the end!

Last edited:
Quick question...is there anyone in this forum who interviewed on March 22nd? Met some cool people there and was wondering if any of them are in here.

And keep praying guys (if you're into that not trying to step on toes) this is a nice little support group that I would like too see make it!!

Did anyone get any new info today?

I called Mr. Mosley. He sounded really really busy. He basically told me that he can't really disclose any information because the ad com told him not to.

In a nut shell, they are still on the high list. After that they are going to rank the middle list and possibly restructure it. Sometimes they might not even re-rank it or give us a rank. They just get together and talk about us, who they liked who they didn't like. What they didn't like about us. What they liked about us and they take a vote.

It's getting really frustrating and I'm definitely losing hope as well...I don't know it just seems like they are never going to get to us in the middle list.

Even if they do they'll probably have like 5-10 spots open which is pretty small chance. I asked him about the ranked list but he just said the ad com didn't want him to disclose any information. So who knows?

Oh and I asked if we could send anymore updates and such and he said it's pointless at this time because the Ad Com has all of our folders.

So sending in anything or expecting anything count towards your chances at this moment is pretty much useless :(

I wonder why the change in info disclosure. I guess at this point, we can only hope and wait

I wonder why the change in info disclosure. I guess at this point, we can only hope and wait

As sad as this is, I'm looking into doing something else with my life. I'm not going to reapply and I really don't want to go to SGU.

I'm looking into moving and finding a job somewhere else so I can get away from all this pre-medical stuff. Then maybe be a teacher or something. Actually my bf and I were also talking about moving out of the country.

I'm just tired of working hard and not getting results. It's stressful and depressing. I'm ready to live and be happy :thumbup:

As sad as this is, I'm looking into doing something else with my life. I'm not going to reapply and I really don't want to go to SGU.

I'm looking into moving and finding a job somewhere else so I can get away from all this pre-medical stuff. Then maybe be a teacher or something. Actually my bf and I were also talking about moving out of the country.

I'm just tired of working hard and not getting results. It's stressful and depressing. I'm ready to live and be happy :thumbup:
Dont get yourself down. It isnt over until it is over. You still have the wayne waitlist and yes the meharry waitlist too. You obviously have done everything a waitlisted applicant can do, now its up to the "powers that be". I believe you will hear good news soon

Hang in there guys...hope for the best expect the worst.

Dont get yourself down. It isnt over until it is over. You still have the wayne waitlist and yes the meharry waitlist too. You obviously have done everything a waitlisted applicant can do, now its up to the "powers that be". I believe you will hear good news soon

Hang in there guys...hope for the best expect the worst.

Thanks guys! This waiting is really taking it's toll on me (I interviewed at both schools in Jan)...I'm starting to give up which is pretty sad. But of course you are encouraging as always so thank you :)

You are right. I've done everything I can for this school to realize that I want to go there. I just got that all my efforts are not in vain. I absolutely love this school and I'm waiting for them to show some love back to me!

Mr. Mosley has a pretty tough job. He sounded pretty stressful out the last time I talked to him. But here's hoping that most of the people on the high list will get in somewhere else and withdraw!

I just wished MMC started later like everyone else, this would mean that we would have a bigger chance of getting of the list!

I think they probably want to err on the side of caution. Look at how crazy it's made us reading posts about how he said you're "in the unranked list" and "near the bottom of the ranked list." They'd rather not get anyone's hopes up because they don't know how things are going to go. You got all of that information out of him and where are we? Thinking about new careers and new application cycles and calling him again to get more information, etc, etc.

Of course we all want to know where stand, but most if not all of these schools don't usually disclose as much information as I've seen displayed here. Most offices will say, "Yup. The waitlist is moving" and move on. So I thank Mr. Mosley and the admissions office for handing out information, but I respect the adcom in their decision to not disclose too much information for fear that it upsets students even more than it already has.

I think they probably want to err on the side of caution. Look at how crazy it's made us reading posts about how he said you're "in the unranked list" and "near the bottom of the ranked list." They'd rather not get anyone's hopes up because they don't know how things are going to go. You got all of that information out of him and where are we? Thinking about new careers and new application cycles and calling him again to get more information, etc, etc.

Of course we all want to know where stand, but most if not all of these schools don't usually disclose as much information as I've seen displayed here. Most offices will say, "Yup. The waitlist is moving" and move on. So I thank Mr. Mosley and the admissions office for handing out information, but I respect the adcom in their decision to not disclose too much information for fear that it upsets students even more than it already has.

But I definitely think schools should move into the new ages of computers! I know a few schools rank you, and then put your rank on line so you can check it out yourself. That would save everyone so much time and distress. We wouldn't have to bother admissions and they wouldn't have to keep turning us down. I know that they don't like to be discouraging and having to tell us over and over the same thing.

Well all we can do is wait I guess...the wait list doesn't seem to be moving much this week.

On the other note, Wayne has already pulled 50+ which is kind of crazy. I bet Meharry is still working on the high list which doesn't seem like 25 anymore. I think Assa said 40 before and I believe that.

Well either way I hope someone hears some GOOD NEWS TODAY!:luck::luck:

This thread is getting really sad...it feels really gloomy here.

+pity+

Alright. I think it's time I stop posting random posts. Good luck you guys. I won't be posting until I hear something whether good for bad :(

This thread is getting really sad...it feels really gloomy here.

+pity+

Alright. I think it's time I stop posting random posts. Good luck you guys. I won't be posting until I hear something whether good for bad :(
Noooooo keep posting Ilvcurst. trust me, we look forward to your posts, whether good or bad or just random :thumbup:

i just called meharry to ask about the packets i have been expecting in the mail (dean's signed official acceptance letter, financial info, health exam info, and some sort of checklist)...i got pulled friday and now it is a week later and i have yet to get anything...she told me that they have been EXTREMELY busy with commencement (i think today is graduation day for meharry med) and the etcetera that comes with preparing for commencement, that they are a little bit behind on other things.

...so i say that to say this...since they have been soo busy at this point with commencement, maybe the whole waitlist delegations and pulling people off have kind of slowed down as well this week. the admin office said they are just now (today) sending off all my packets, which i think is a little late compared to their usually schedule of sending off the packets...so im sure that commencement could have also took a toll on the admin committee's progress as well....so maybe next week after commencement is done, things will pick up.

REMEMBER that the ALL schools, especially Meharry, will be pulling from the waitlist all the way to July...plus May 15, THE BIG DAY that everyone was waiting for, was LITERALLY just last week. its only been one week since that big day, so dont frustrate yourself...there is still plenty of time!!!!!

ILVCURST.....what was the name of the assistant surgeon general that you met? i tried to do a search but i couldnt anything.

Noooooo keep posting Ilvcurst. trust me, we look forward to your posts, whether good or bad or just random :thumbup:

ILVCURST.....what was the name of the assistant surgeon general that you met? i tried to do a search but i couldnt anything.

:zip:OKAY Mediapplicant I'll keep posting then! Thought I was boring everyone with my random crap :laugh: but it is theraputic!

Stickyblu I pmed you his name, I tried to search it online and I couldn't find it as well. But I manage to come across a powerpoint presentation that had all 9 assistant surgeon general's names and emails on there. That was kind of neat!

Don't give up girl, were here for you!! I agree about how you feel. But we can't give up we'll never be happy. I went to northwestern medical school graduation, for my sister, it was really moving. Don't feel bad. You make me like calling Mr. Mosley and telling him to help you out. I hate my job and I'm so ready to be back in school. But I have faith that god wants me to be doctor. We'll all be ok. I'm praying for us all. But yeah it is hard hearingall this stuff it is stressfull.

Don't give up girl, were here for you!! I agree about how you feel. But we can't give up we'll never be happy. I went to northwestern medical school graduation, for my sister, it was really moving. Don't feel bad. You make me like calling Mr. Mosley and telling him to help you out. I hate my job and I'm so ready to be back in school. But I have faith that god wants me to be doctor. We'll all be ok. I'm praying for us all. But yeah it is hard hearingall this stuff it is stressfull.

I'm trying to not give up but it's is official. I am the only person out of everyone I know firsthand that didn't get in this year. The other waitlisted person just got pulled from a list today...

All I did today was go to work, come home and feel like ass. I don't like feeling defeated and now that everyone I know is in, I'm the only person left.

Oddly enough, I'm their supervising volunteering so how pathetic is that?

I'm trying not to give up but I think I already did in many ways. Today is just not my day. Hopefully next week will be a better week.

I'm trying to not give up but it's is official. I am the only person out of everyone I know firsthand that didn't get in this year. The other waitlisted person just got pulled from a list today...

All I did today was go to work, come home and feel like ass. I don't like feeling defeated and now that everyone I know is in, I'm the only person left.

Oddly enough, I'm their supervising volunteering so how pathetic is that?

I'm trying not to give up but I think I already did in many ways. Today is just not my day. Hopefully next week will be a better week.

I like to look at this as a short coming not as failure.....anyway nobody can really tell you when to climb your mountain. Good luck though :thumbup:

This waitlist has made me sad all week. I feel like I have developed OCD bc I get irritable and nervous when I haven't checked my email that hour!!!

I wish they just rejected me so I can move on. Or accept me so I can stop checking my email every hour. Haha

I guess the only good thing that came out of this is HOPE for next app cycle. To everyone who was waitlisted, you might want to apply earlier this time around. Unless you know u are at the top of the middle list.
I'm praying for everyone, so just keep faith. If it was meant to happen this year, it will!!!!

Goodluck:)

This waitlist has made me sad all week. I feel like I have developed OCD bc I get irritable and nervous when I haven't checked my email that hour!!!

I wish they just rejected me so I can move on. Or accept me so I can stop checking my email every hour. Haha

I guess the only good thing that came out of this is HOPE for next app cycle. To everyone who was waitlisted, you might want to apply earlier this time around. Unless you know u are at the top of the middle list.
I'm praying for everyone, so just keep faith. If it was meant to happen this year, it will!!!!

Goodluck:)

Man thanks stickyblu for the info on graduation. Let us hope next week is our week for those of us on the middle list! I hope we all get in! Seriously all of frequent posters should get placed at the very top!

I just really wished there is a way for Meharry to know HOW BAD we want it. Ugh.
I'm def with u Ilvcurst. I have thought about all this hard work not paying off. And I jus want to get a regular job and be happy like a "normal" person.
But then I realize, you have to be a little abnormal to be premed because of all the crap we go through just to treat people in the end. I keep looking At the prize at the end of this LONG and crazy journey. It will be worth it. So keep your head up!!!!

I just really wished there is a way for Meharry to know HOW BAD we want it. Ugh.
I'm def with u Ilvcurst. I have thought about all this hard work not paying off. And I jus want to get a regular job and be happy like a "normal" person.
But then I realize, you have to be a little abnormal to be premed because of all the crap we go through just to treat people in the end. I keep looking At the prize at the end of this LONG and crazy journey. It will be worth it. So keep your head up!!!!

I'm definitely trying and looking into something else that can get me there. Possibly a special program or something. I did get into SGU but I just don't want to go :( Schools for profit always scare me a little bit :laugh:

Okay here's to tomorrow :highfive:

I was accepted to Ross last october. But I gave up my spot last week. I don't believe I was considering it. Now I'm considering smps

I was accepted to Ross last october. But I gave up my spot last week. I don't believe I was considering it. Now I'm considering smps

Ya I'm thinking about deferring my acceptance to SGU to January instead. Ugh who knows...this whole process is tedious, expensive, and really really annoying...

Ok guys Ms. Davis says the waitlist is holding steady....no movement today. She said there are a few people still left from the high list. July 1st is the last day to hear something. Personally I have already registered to take courses starting June 15th at a local university. I am also probably gonna take the MCAT again. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.