2009-2010 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the school is in a suburb about 20 mins from downtown, but the hospital rotations for the second half of med school are in the city

Where did you get that information? :eek:
Loyola has a huge hospital. Most rotations are right on campus at their first class hospital with their first class staff. Some of the rotations could be at other facilities (in the city or in other suburbs; in hospitals or clinics or out patient facilities) but to make a blanket statement that the hospital rotations for the second half of med school are in the city isn't true at all.

To say that Loyola is in a high crime area and not say that University of Chicago or University of Illinois Chicago or Rush are in high crime areas is wrong. They are all fine schools located in an urban environment.

Members don't see this ad.

[/B]

To say that Loyola is in a high crime area and not say that University of Chicago or University of Illinois Chicago or Rush are in high crime areas is wrong.
+1

Most of the Illinois schools aren't exactly in the best neighborhoods...
It's not like UIC is in a beautiful crime free neighborhood and Loyola is in the projects hahaha

+1

Most of the Illinois schools aren't exactly in the best neighborhoods...
It's not like UIC is in a beautiful crime free neighborhood and Loyola is in the projects hahaha
and Northwestern is right off of Navy Pier... and costs you an arm and a leg to live by, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I called Loyola today to ask about the status of my application and they told me that I had been reviewed and now I have been put up for re-review. Does anyone have any more information about that means exactly? I know it's probably a good thing that I wasn't rejected, but are they considering interviewing me or is it something else entirely? It's getting late in the interview season so i'm wondering what my chances are of getting one.

They interview through April, I think. Don't worry just yet. Since you haven't been trashed yet, I think it means you are still up for interview consideration.

I called back in November, and was told the same thing. In addition, I was told that the re-review process starts after the New Year.

Good luck! :)

Just called Admissions today to ask about my application since I haven't received a "complete" email. I sent this one in back in October and sort of forgot about it, so when I realized I hadn't been confirmed complete, my heart just about leaped out of my chest! Fortunately/predictably I'm "complete and under review" with no word about interviews, just like the 11 other schools I still need to hear from. Meh.

However, the admissions lady definitely did say they interview until April, so there's time left for us pre-interview folks!

when you all got your calls from the dean, did he leave anyone a message? can't answer my phone tomorrow night (the day of committee meeting) so i'm just curious if no message = no acceptance... thanks all!

when you all got your calls from the dean, did he leave anyone a message? can't answer my phone tomorrow night (the day of committee meeting) so i'm just curious if no message = no acceptance... thanks all!
If you get a call, you're in. I think it'd be pretty rare/awkward to have him personally call you to reject you lol

right i get that... i was just wondering if he leaves messages since my phone will be off all night. haha i'm just being a total neurotic premed here!

right i get that... i was just wondering if he leaves messages since my phone will be off all night. haha i'm just being a total neurotic premed here!

AS.. I got my acceptance in a voicemail, I was in some stupid instrumental test. but you wouldn't know anything about that ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite today via phone call!
thus ends a loooooong period of silence :)

Interview invite today via phone call!
thus ends a loooooong period of silence :)

Wow congrats! Mind sharing when you were complete and what interview dates are still available? Loyola is one of the few schools I'm still really hoping to interview at. :xf:

I was complete in early october and my interview is on Feb. 2nd. I don't even know the other dates available, I just agreed to the first one they offered me. Quite frankly, I'd walk the 90 miles in the snow to get there if I had to :)

Good luck, I have a feeling there are still plenty of interviews left!

Has anyone interviewed recently and been told how full the class is? I have been complete since October, sent a letter of update, and am still anxiously waiting for that interview call! :xf::xf::xf:

Has anyone interviewed recently and been told how full the class is? I have been complete since October, sent a letter of update, and am still anxiously waiting for that interview call! :xf::xf::xf:

You and me both sista...sorry if you're a guy, I just really felt like using that line lol. I'm really hoping for an interview with Loyola too. At this point in time i'm starting to feel discouraged about getting any interview invites, but let's hope the stars are on my side :xf:

Got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! Never got a call from the Dean so I had assumed a rejection/waitlist.... I guess the moral of the story for those waiting post-interview is don't assume that no call = no acceptance. Good luck to everyone!

Can I just say how attractive the students at Loyola were compared to all the other schools I interviewed at? Normal, happy and much hotter than the other schools in IL... I'm really excited for July now, haha

Can I just say how excited I am for second look on April 9th?! wooo!

I must say I'm positively baffled by why Loyola has not yet called me for an interview......

They must have misplaced my number somehow! :idea:

has anyone called for a thursday status check and actually heard anything other that some variation of "under review" or "will be reviewed again after the new year".
I was thinking about calling today but I'm not sure if it's really worth it to check

Yes. I was just told that my review was complete and that the adcom was holding me for another look later in the process.

Yes. I was just told that my review was complete and that the adcom was holding me for another look later in the process.

I have a feeling that this is my status too, but seriously, how much "later in the process" can you get? :rolleyes:

The wait won't matter if we get the invite and acceptance, right? :)

The wait won't matter if we get the invite and acceptance, right? :)

True dat. :thumbup: C'mon Loyola... You listening? Moki and I wanna go to school where all the good looking med students go apparently. :p

Just called - UNDER REVIEW.................................................

on hold for later, I'll take that as a bye bye

I called one Thursday this past month and was under review so I thought I was done here. A week later, they called me to invite me for the interview so don't give up all hope yet!

As for Gene and Judes, I'm always down. Had it last night for a late night snack yummmm

I just called and they said I have been "flagged" for review and that i could hear any time before April. This is the first time I've heard the term "flagged" normally I've just been "under review". I'm gonna have to go creep on last year's thread and find out if that actually means anything or if they're changing up the lingo to give people still stuck in limbo a little glimmer of hope

I got a letter saying I've been waitlisted last week. The same thing happened to me that someone mentioned earlier. During one of my interviews, the woman told me I had a wonderful application and that instead of actually going through an interview, she was just going to spend the time selling Loyola to me to make sure that I came there after they accepted me.. Very frustrating to be basically promised a spot and then put on the waitlist..

called as well, they said the same thing that I was flagged for re-review and that they interview thru april

I got a letter saying I've been waitlisted last week. The same thing happened to me that someone mentioned earlier. During one of my interviews, the woman told me I had a wonderful application and that instead of actually going through an interview, she was just going to spend the time selling Loyola to me to make sure that I came there after they accepted me.. Very frustrating to be basically promised a spot and then put on the waitlist..

I don't understand why interviewers do this. How frustrating and unfair!
This makes me sad for you and nervous for me :scared:

Well, I just got off the phone with loyola adcom. I was told my file has been reviewed and I will "probably" not be granted an admission. Didn't say why or whether it was decided already or not... WTF? I've been complete since September. I wish med schools wud stop jerking us around like this.
Btw, did anyone call recently and get this status or was it just me?

So I was planning on calling today to check up on my status and completely forgot...I don't want to wait another week to call them about my status. :( I called last week or two weeks ago and I was told the whole being re-reviewed thing and that they interview through april. I'm curious about this being "flagged" business. I wonder what they would have told me had I called today....

I hope I don't want have to wait until next thursday and hear some good news before then! Come on Loyola

you guys are scaring me, i have been dreading the calling thing for a while now..

Do they do all their interview invites via the phone? I am just recently complete and under review waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.