2009-2010 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the acceptance "form" today. Filled it out and returned it. Hopefully a packet will follow, lol

Members don't see this ad.

Is it safe to say that EVERYONE accepted receives a phone call?

Is it safe to say that EVERYONE accepted receives a phone call?
the dean says he tries to do it almost every time. if he can't do it because say outta town, i think someone else calls, if i remember right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, my application was processed on September, but I have not received a Secondary from Loyola or an e-mail stating that I will not receive one...anyone else on the same boat?? :rolleyes:

Just called and got the message that "my application has been reviewed and is being sent on to another committee member for review and we will let you know if this is going to result into an interview or rejection" I am assuming that means I am on hold?

Hi, my application was processed on September, but I have not received a Secondary from Loyola or an e-mail stating that I will not receive one...anyone else on the same boat?? :rolleyes:

It can take 4-6 weeks, or sometimes even longer, to get the secondary. This school likes to really take its time with everything apparently. I called and my secondary was received at the end of September but my letters haven't even been downloaded yet. According to the guy on the phone, it might be another 2 weeks before my file is marked complete. :rolleyes:

It can take 4-6 weeks, or sometimes even longer, to get the secondary. This school likes to really take its time with everything apparently. I called and my secondary was received at the end of September but my letters haven't even been downloaded yet. According to the guy on the phone, it might be another 2 weeks before my file is marked complete. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

Does anyone know how strict their LOR requirements are? I don't have a non-science faculty letter, is it OK to use volunteer advisor letter instead?

I received acceptance letter, they say that we have to get back to them in 2 weeks. Does that mean I have to absolutely decide if I want to go here within 2 weeks of receiving the letter??

I received acceptance letter, they say that we have to get back to them in 2 weeks. Does that mean I have to absolutely decide if I want to go here within 2 weeks of receiving the letter??

nope you can hold as many acceptances as you want til May (i think it's may. haven't had to worry about that yet:)). But if you know you don't want to go to a school, we all encourage you to decline the acceptance so someone else can get in. Congratulations!

How long did it take you to get your acceptance letters? I got the call last Monday and still haven't gotten my letter, but I am in CA...

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!

Primary verified 7/24
Received Secondary 8/25, sent it out within two days
Invite 10/22 by phone, scheduled for an 11/9 Interview

Congrats to those with acceptances, I hope to post another reply to this thread in a few weeks with a lot more exclamation points.

Interview invite!

Primary verified 7/24
Received Secondary 8/25, sent it out within two days
Invite 10/22 by phone, scheduled for an 11/9 Interview

Congrats to those with acceptances, I hope to post another reply to this thread in a few weeks with a lot more exclamation points.

Also received an invite on 10/22! And have an interview for 11/9!

Did you receive anything in the mail yet, mcattitude? I currently am living in Mexico, and consequently didn't even get to talk to them on the phone when they called...my brother actually scheduled my interview, and told me that they would be sending information in the mail.

Congratulations to everyone that is getting good news. Loyola's model of medicine is awesome!How could you not love the Jesuits?!

Does anyone know how strict their LOR requirements are? I don't have a non-science faculty letter, is it OK to use volunteer advisor letter instead?

bump the question again~

went to loyola for undergrad, got an interview invite 10/23, scheduled for 11/4. super duper excited. i'll probably tailgate before if anyone wants to join. bring hotdogs. :xf:

Does anyone know if we can check status online? Every time I call to see if they have my materials I get a man telling me to call back on a Thursday...

:scared:

Does anyone know if we can check status online? Every time I call to see if they have my materials I get a man telling me to call back on a Thursday...

:scared:

Do what the man tells you and call on a thursday. That's the only day of the week they take calls about status checks.

was in the same boat. app processed third wk of sept. just got my secondary invite today.

Just got the secondary. Does it even make any sence to apply this late?:confused::confused::confused:

Just got the secondary. Does it even make any sence to apply this late?:confused::confused::confused:

imo (which doesn't really mean that much but i'll give it anyways hah) i think you should complete it....i am a re-applicant and from what i can remember, loyola was still giving interview invites through march last year that were not for waitlist spots....they are not like some of the state schools that have a good chunk of their class filled already

so my 2 cents is that you should go for it (and have fun with the beast that is their secondary....6-8 essays i believe?)

Just called for "Status Check Thursdays". Nice lady on the phone told me that my application had been reviewed, and that the AdComm was going to review it again before February before making a decision... In retrospect I should have asked if there was anything I could do to help the process along, but we hung up too fast.
So the wait continues.

Just called for "Status Check Thursdays". Nice lady on the phone told me that my application had been reviewed, and that the AdComm was going to review it again before February before making a decision... In retrospect I should have asked if there was anything I could do to help the process along, but we hung up too fast.
So the wait continues.

Looks like we're in the same boat :(. I would love to get an interview here!

Same here. I'm gonna call them now though! Will let you know how that goes...

So I decided to stop just lurking around these forums and actually join :)
Did anyone send a LOInterest here pre-interview and did it help you?

So I decided to stop just lurking around these forums and actually join :)
Did anyone send a LOInterest here pre-interview and did it help you?
Just wanted to say welcome chagramama! :)

Interviewed today! Absolutely loved the school! Interviews went as well as I could have ever hoped...Now i just have to wait til the 23rd :xf:

The committee met this Monday...has anyone heard a response yet?

Yeah I am, got one from everywhere else I applied so I am not sure whats up here.

The committee met this Monday...has anyone heard a response yet?

When I was there yesterday, they told me that usually they send out notices (good and bad) the day of or day after the committee meets. Maybe they are just being slow sending them out?

For those of you who have interviewed already-- Did everyone's interviewers take them on tours of their department? I thought it was a good sign after my first interviewer did it, but then when my second one did it, i thought it might be standard procedure...

When I was there yesterday, they told me that usually they send out notices (good and bad) the day of or day after the committee meets. Maybe they are just being slow sending them out?

For those of you who have interviewed already-- Did everyone's interviewers take them on tours of their department? I thought it was a good sign after my first interviewer did it, but then when my second one did it, i thought it might be standard procedure...

Mine did that too. But I was also accepted so I couldn't tell you if it is standard or if its because they are going to accept you..

Mine did that too. But I was also accepted so I couldn't tell you if it is standard or if its because they are going to accept you..

No, neither of mine did that, but I did get accepted....

I doubt that the interviewer knows immediately after the interview whether you'll be accepted, so the tour isn't contingent upon that. There are many factors they consider in offering admission, and at Stritch the interviewers don't have access to your GPA or MCAT (at least neither of mine did), so they couldn't know. If the interviewer has time, he or she may decide to give you a tour. In my case it was a student, but it may have just been set up that way with me because he was a friend from my undergrad at Loyola. If you interview after November 2nd, no one will know if you're in or not until the committee decides on the 23rd.

P.S. Stritch is magical.

Thanks for the input! I'll just hope for now that it's a good sign! :)

I've been watching this forum for a while now and decided to join the party.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from the admissions comm. about an interview after sending in the secondary?

I turned in mine around the first week of October.

Like, most of you, I call every Thursday and the nice lady always says "We have your application, we have your recommendations, we're just in the process of downloading them"

I'm not sure of what that means...seems like it's taking a while to download and review.

I've been watching this forum for a while now and decided to join the party.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to hear back from the admissions comm. about an interview after sending in the secondary?

I turned in mine around the first week of October.

Like, most of you, I call every Thursday and the nice lady always says "We have your application, we have your recommendations, we're just in the process of downloading them"

I'm not sure of what that means...seems like it's taking a while to download and review.

Submitted Secondary mid-August.
Received interview 10/20.
Interview 11/6.

Do they ever notify you of being 'complete'? Or do they just notify you of an interview decision?

I never got a confirmation of completion (or any other contact until an interview phone call), but it may be because I delivered my secondary in person and it could be safely assumed that I was aware that I had just handed someone an envelope. If you're wondering whether your file is complete, you can holla at them Thursdays.

I never got a confirmation of completion (or any other contact until an interview phone call), but it may be because I delivered my secondary in person and it could be safely assumed that I was aware that I had just handed someone an envelope. If you're wondering whether your file is complete, you can holla at them Thursdays.

Thanks! I probably will contact them at some point. I only just turned everything in a few weeks ago, and I know they tend to lag. I wasn't sure if they'd notify me or not. If I don't hear anything from them soon, I'll probably give them a call.

Thanks Blasterman...so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.