2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those still wondering what's going on - here's some more data points to add to the mix:
AMCAS verified on July 14th. Received my Jefferson secondary today (July 20th).

Although.. it looks like their appsite is getting hammered; I can't really log in.

Edit: So I log in and submit... and it doesn't go through :( Error with payment. Apparently they charged my card... but Jefferson won't know about it. Great :) Left a voicemail @ their office and sent them an email. I can already tell this is going to go well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I only got 2 physiology LORs (hopefully that counts as Bio) and 1 humanities.

Is it ok to send additional letters from non-professors?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those still wondering what's going on - here's some more data points to add to the mix:
AMCAS verified on July 14th. Received my Jefferson secondary today (July 20th).

Although.. it looks like their appsite is getting hammered; I can't really log in.

Edit: So I log in and submit... and it doesn't go through :( Error with payment. Apparently they charged my card... but Jefferson won't know about it. Great :) Left a voicemail @ their office and sent them an email. I can already tell this is going to go well.

Same thing happened to me :(
I have yet to hear from them, but I'm sure they're hammered with frantic email from people like us hehe
good luck and post if they respond to the issue as they haven't for me

Jefferson called me a couple of times yesterday (was in lab; couldn't pick up). They sent a followup to my email as well (looks like the same person - Rita Rossano). Wanted to know the last 4 digits of my credit card to see if the charge went through or not.

Replied to 'em... waiting to hear back. Will update when I find out more.

I emailed them to check for app status and they said I was complete. phew.

If it says Yes to all the checklist stuff on their status site, then that means I'm complete right?

Finally managed to pay today w/o getting an error message. But where's the check status page? I didn't see it on their website.

Are their LOR requirements (1 each: chemistry, biology, physics, humanities) absolutely necessary? I would like to apply here, but I definitely don't have those letters.

Are their LOR requirements (1 each: chemistry, biology, physics, humanities) absolutely necessary? I would like to apply here, but I definitely don't have those letters.

They're flexible with this requirement. As long as there are three science letters, it should be okay.

If it says Yes to all the checklist stuff on their status site, then that means I'm complete right?

mine says this too, but it doesn't say if i'm "under review" or anything. i guess we just wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
They're flexible with this [LOR] requirement. As long as there are three science letters, it should be okay.

Actually, I emailed them and they were cool with my 2 biology letters, 1 humanities letter, and 2 additional non-university faculty letters. So you don't necessarily need 3 science letters even.

I had a question tho: since im waiting on my research mentor letter, is there anyway I can submit all the letters except hers (so I can have some quasi-complete status) and then add hers later, in an attempt to speed up the process? This question applies for all med schools.

They finally updated my LOR status to complete right after I left them a message about it, yay!

did anyone get a complete e-mail?

anyone have a problem of submitting the secondary and have it display that the secondary has not been received?

if u did, what did u do to rectify the situation?

or if someone has a jefferson contact email that would help too

I called the admissions office and ended up having to fax in the secondary.

hey ya'll... do we have to put our SAT scores? I took that damn exam two years after moving to the U.S. and scored horrible on verbal (550) but got almost perfect on math (790). It has been seven years now and with severe efforts to improve in English as its my third language, I broke double digits on MCAT verbal. yeah! I'm not sure how its going to look when they see this discrepancy even though its a positive improvement from 55%tile on SAT verbal to 86%tile on MCAT verbal :-()

Oh man . . . I was planning to apply to a few more schools and Jefferson was one of the ones I was considering. So I come on here to check it out and there are people in this thread discussing their weiner dogs.

Decision: made.

(Ok, I'm not crazy, I was already pretty much set on applying here.) But seriously if we all go here wecould have like a weiner dog picnic or something . . . my ween would be so happy. Also, Placebo's dog is cute too and could hang with the weens. :D

On a serious note, how are the secondaries? When I submit my primary how long will it take to get it? Thanks everyone!

@MaryLennox

Nice sig! Dr. Spaceman is AWESOME!

On a serious note, how are the secondaries? When I submit my primary how long will it take to get it? Thanks everyone!

I just added this school last week and got the secondary today, so it doesn't take too long, but it isn't immediate like some others I added last week. :)

@MaryLennox

Nice sig! Dr. Spaceman is AWESOME!

if everyone in this thread is representative of the type of people who will attend Jefferson . . . i think I may have found the best school ever.

can I put that in my secondary?

Why Jefferson?
Well, people who like your school also have the same sense of humor as me and the same taste in funny-looking dogs as me. And medicine, TV and my dog are the three most important things to me. FIT!

Did anyone put additional information in? If so, along what lines?

Did anyone put additional information in? If so, along what lines?

i put information about my prerequisites ( i haven't completed some) and that I asked for an exception to their ridiculous LOR requirments and was told that it would be OK. Didn't mention anything about why I wanted to come to jefferson.

i put information about my prerequisites ( i haven't completed some) and that I asked for an exception to their ridiculous LOR requirments and was told that it would be OK. Didn't mention anything about why I wanted to come to jefferson.

I actually didn't see any info about their prerequisites on their website...cept it said you had to have a background in it. Can you link me to specifics?

I actually didn't see any info about their prerequisites on their website...cept it said you had to have a background in it. Can you link me to specifics?
i assumed they have the same prereq requirements as other schools; especially english which I haven't done.

Oh man . . . I was planning to apply to a few more schools and Jefferson was one of the ones I was considering. So I come on here to check it out and there are people in this thread discussing their weiner dogs.

(Ok, I'm not crazy, I was already pretty much set on applying here.) But seriously if we all go here wecould have like a weiner dog picnic or something . . . my ween would be so happy. Also, Placebo's dog is cute too and could hang with the weens. :D

Hopefully we all get in...we could start a new student organization... revolving around the weenies of course!!

Most awkward post ever.

I'll dress my dog up like this:
weiner%20dogs.jpg

and he can join the party.

Just got an interview invite at 11:45pm first one too:soexcited:
its at 9/30

congrats to those who got interview invites already!

very jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.