2008-2009 Rush Medical College secondary application thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm just a creature of habit and in the slow afternoons at work, I just go through all my status checks. and Rush is second to last on my list, and it would throw me off every time, lol. I'm not really expecting anything to change, but it was a bit concerning when after over a week i couldn't sign on at all and no one on here had said anything. I thought it was just me!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, back from my interview.
first of all i have to say how much rush impressed me,
my initial impressions were totally wrong and i really want to go to rush now.

so as for the questions you all asked.

yes they told us that they were planning a second look day sometime in april.
as for the physicianship program, my interview was with Dr. Keith Boyd, one of the "architects" of the program so i say he is a pretty reliable source.
he told me that it basically combines the clinical teaching in the first two years and takes some aspects of the preceptorship program and combines it into the physicianship program. you will be matched with a physician but unlike the preceptorship, which was primary care mainly, they are trying to get other specialties involved in the physicianship. the physicianship program also cuts back on time spent in class because the clinical skills courses will be taught in doctors offices i guess, where you can really learn the stuff better.
as for the 8 to 5, none of the students really knew for sure. they told me that its almost never 8 to 5, only like once or twice a week. but since theyre cutting back on class time it would be more like 8 to 5. now this is assuming that they even move it back to 8. so the jury is still out as to whether the day starts at 8 or 9.
ummm thats about all i can really remember asking.

so anyways hopefully ill get accepted.

thanks, yeah isn't rush awesome! did you ask the staff about the class time or just the students. good luck, i hope you get accepted too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview invite for rush last week. they're still interviewing.. the invite says something like "you are officially being invited to interview for a spot in the 2013 class" implying im assuming that you shouldn't feel like you're interviewing for a waitlist spot just because its late in the season.

yup..they arnt interviewing for waitlist spots
so you have a good chance and good luck on ur interview

wait how come i didn't get this email!

It probably means they have rescinded your acceptance :laugh:. No, kidding, I'm sure it just means that they have weird e-mail handling procedures and programs. Expect it soon.

It probably means they have rescinded your acceptance :laugh:. No, kidding, I'm sure it just means that they have weird e-mail handling procedures and programs. Expect it soon.

dude this is kinda worrying, i don't remember, did they ever give us a phone number

Just got an interview invite today for Rush! This is my first interview so I am really excited. I had pretty much given up hope for getting in this year. Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard...there are defintely interview spots left! :)

I didn't get the second look email either.

I didn't get the second look email either.

On closer inspection, the email I got is curious in several ways. It originates from [email protected] (recall authentication issues), the formatting is odd, it may or may not originate from an unrecognized IP, and Jill M. Volk M.S.Ed's signature block is slightly different. I am confused, though I don't see what any phishers would gain from sending me a false email.

a conspiracy to make you drive the extremely boring route from champaign to chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol i would just call the admissions office to confirm the date.

On closer inspection, the email I got is curious in several ways. It originates from [email protected] (recall authentication issues), the formatting is odd, it may or may not originate from an unrecognized IP, and Jill M. Volk M.S.Ed's signature block is slightly different. I am confused, though I don't see what any phishers would gain from sending me a false email.

haha, yeah i don't think anyone would wanna fake to be rush

so post-interview, will there be a status change on the website or just an email

Just got an interview invite today for Rush! This is my first interview so I am really excited. I had pretty much given up hope for getting in this year. Good luck to everyone that hasn't heard...there are defintely interview spots left! :)

congrats! i feel like i can have hope now too..

Pretty big commitment. Are you still at UIUC starfishprime

Hello, I was wondering how long it took you all to get an interview confirmation after you selected the interview date online. I chose my date more than a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I was going to contact Rush, but then I thought maybe this was normal? Thanks!

Hello, I was wondering how long it took you all to get an interview confirmation after you selected the interview date online. I chose my date more than a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I was going to contact Rush, but then I thought maybe this was normal? Thanks!

18 days.

I'm not ready for that step yet. Once I join the group, it's over. You can't take back something like that :laugh:.
just do it! people have joined multiple 2013 threads on facebook.i promise it's not a binding contract ...
Pretty big commitment. Are you still at UIUC starfishprime
you join too or else i'll be :mad:

:laugh:
mine was like 3/4 days, but i was really early in the cycle. things are busier now. good luck!

I selected my date this Saturday and got the confirmation Monday. It sounds like other people took longer, but I might give them a call/email just to make sure. What day are you shooting for?

lol ill join once i get accepted and hopefully i will

That happened to me with another medical school. I called the medical school and got my interview moved two weeks early as I was leaving the country during the only times I could interview. I never got a confirmation email after the lady said I was in the system, and I called and left messages multiple times only to get a phone call by them the day before my interview. It turns out they switched the months of my interview and had me scheduled a month later than when I should have been! So if I were you, I would call up the school, just to play it safe ;)

I have my interview tomorrow!!! Yikes! Best of luck :D

Anyone know a hard end-date for interviews for Rush? I'm holding on here still for an interview....

Anyone know a hard end-date for interviews for Rush? I'm holding on here still for an interview....

They go through April. Don't stop believin'.

Also, you'd rather Rush than UIC? EDIT: Ah, an out-of-stater. $$$$$ and I'm perhaps too concerned with costs. Oh well.

That happened to me with another medical school. I called the medical school and got my interview moved two weeks early as I was leaving the country during the only times I could interview. I never got a confirmation email after the lady said I was in the system, and I called and left messages multiple times only to get a phone call by them the day before my interview. It turns out they switched the months of my interview and had me scheduled a month later than when I should have been! So if I were you, I would call up the school, just to play it safe ;)

good luck!
They go through April. Don't stop believin'.

Also, you'd rather Rush than UIC? EDIT: Ah, an out-of-stater. $$$$$ and I'm perhaps too concerned with costs. Oh well.
wait, have you actually been rejected by UIC or do you just assume. if you haven't perhaps you could write an update to them
Getting an interview would surely help me answer that question :)
chuck's, would you really consider going to rush! we could be classmates? :D

what about UIC chicago vs. rush

They hit me with a paper rejection.

As for UIC vs. Rush, it's a tough call. From what I've seen, Rush's campus is far better; UIC is looking run down. I don't think there's any question that Rush University Medical Center is better than UIC Medical Center. Rush is ranked in nearly a dozen specialties; UIC is ranked in none. Of course, being private, Rush costs like $15k/yr more. That'd weigh pretty heavily in my mind, but fortunately I'll never have to make that decision for real:rolleyes:.

Winner, in a split decision: Rush

yeah i definitely thought that rush had wayyy superior clinical opportunities. well we could very possibly be classmates :thumbup:

My feeling is OOS Rush > OOS UIC @ Rockford.

Blues and CRF FTW!!! RUSH C/O 2013! Wooo :)

Someone get me an interview so I can go to Chicago for the 3rd time! HA!

Hope your interview went well! Thanks for the info, I emailed them yesterday and turns out they somehow got my email address wrong from AAMCAS. They originally sent out the confirmation email the day after I scheduled my interview.

My feeling is OOS Rush > OOS UIC @ Rockford.

Blues and CRF FTW!!! RUSH C/O 2013! Wooo :)

Someone get me an interview so I can go to Chicago for the 3rd time! HA!

i heard UIC has NO clinical exposure until the end of second year just before clinicals. rush has a new hospital going up :thumbup:

So, did you guys get the Second Look e-mail yet?

no ... i wonder why?

Maybe it's an international conspiracy. When I show up on April 27th, some hostile government plans to kidnap me and put a clone in my place so they can force the real me to research fusion power in a scientist slave labor camp.

I still haven't gotten the second look email. I also never got the 'thank you for applying to rush' email that was sent out this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.