WWubba lubba dub dub! - Rick & Morty Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was thrilled with my role, for obvious reasons ;)

MJ as Rick C-137, DVMD with another post restriction, SOV as Krombop Mike vs. LIS as Jerry.....I was delighted with the RNG this game.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I think it's only appropros to thank my (least) favorite wolf @kcoughli for creating the FUNNIEST song out of picture. It was good to have someone who knew a lot about the show lol.
Hah and I started this game with zero knowledge of it. I thought the picture thing would clinch it, who would have thought someone would actually make a music video?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I left you alive to both buy cred (what wolf would leave deva alive?! well, the one that knows how her powers work...) and because I figured you'd eventually stop by my planet. Freakin' never happened though, so I had to bury you :p

That's exactly what I was hoping for with the space ship. My thought was that yes, it was a super powerful role (blocking/protecting whole groups), but requiring that she move every other night tempered it a bit so she couldn't just "squat." I also thought that Ricks might be hesitant to go with her because it makes it obvious who they are... lots of ups and downs to that role, actually. I'm glad you liked it, @Devastating. :)

Was thrilled with my role, for obvious reasons ;)
When you went all crow-y to Dy about being the rickest rick and mortiest morty pair, I laughed. I mean, it just so happened to be true in this case, but it was just as likely to have not been and you were just being a perfect Rick.

Reactions: 1 user
I was going for Jilary. She kept on being around on my kills but unable to block me so I knew she was a villager (Zen was easy). But since you gave me LIS... I took him out.

I was really worried about killing wolves at that point. No way I was going for a Rick. I even considered killing myself if I had to but was afraid about that can't be blocked easily vs can't be killed easily conundrum .
Why didn't you kill me?

I was saying you won because you were lucky. Not smart. Lucky.
Yay for you, but if I was a villager I would have lynched you for such faulty comments.

I guess I would rather win to a well reasoned lynch than a lazy, better this guy than me type of approach that occurs all too often in WW.

Bitter? Yeah a little.

Props to Allie and Zen. You ladies did great.
Hey I had a well-reasoned post to start the day for why I thought it was likely you were the last wolf :p

That's exactly what I was hoping for with the space ship. My thought was that yes, it was a super powerful role (blocking/protecting whole groups), but requiring that she move every other night tempered it a bit so she couldn't just "squat." I also thought that Ricks might be hesitant to go with her because it makes it obvious who they are... lots of ups and downs to that role, actually. I'm glad you liked it, @Devastating. :)

When you went all crow-y to Dy about being the rickest rick and mortiest morty pair, I laughed. I mean, it just so happened to be true in this case, but it was just as likely to have not been and you were just being a perfect Rick.
I just had a feeling and ran with it ;)

Hah and I started this game with zero knowledge of it. I thought the picture thing would clinch it, who would have thought someone would actually make a music video?!
@PrincessButterCup came up with the lyrics the night before, so our group had 24 hours to fill. I got bored and decided to figure out how to use the music and video editing software on my Mac. Mods asked for a song, so we'd give 'em a song!

Reactions: 5 users
Everybody loves me, it's true :D
tumblr_lyhh9oznbI1ro91bjo1_400.gif

Reactions: 1 users
I was so sad when you left me :'(
Sorry! I didn't fully trust you (there was suspicion around you for most of the game), was PMing with PBC at that point and she was already going along with me, so I gave her the go-ahead to keep you from coming along :p
I left you alive to both buy cred (what wolf would leave deva alive?! well, the one that knows how her powers work...) and because I figured you'd eventually stop by my planet. Freakin' never happened though, so I had to bury you :p
I actually was on my way moving to your planet the night i was killed... :yeahright: LOL. Since I had to leave PBC behind and was wary of Hmoo, I figured I might as well take a chance on the last remaining Rick, and all your posted PMs sure were convincing enough...didn't figure you'd gotten converted early on though :p Was mad because I was gonna go for lynching kcough next, I had blocked that group the day we lynched FFM!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Heh. The most suspicious Rick was the only one who was a villager for the whole game. Poor Hazel.

Hey! Tiny Rick here and I woulda been the villager Rickiest rick eva had SOV not actually had a hidden revenge plot for my aberrant True Crime RNG playing that led to his early demise to which he pretended to kill me for my "smarts". Heh.

Hey! Tiny Rick here and I woulda been the villager Rickiest rick eva had SOV not actually had a hidden revenge plot for my aberrant True Crime RNG playing that led to his early demise to which he pretended to kill me for my "smarts". Heh.
Whoops. I definitely did not mean to forget Tiny Rick! Also eating all those words I said about noobs killing you...

@PrincessButterCup came up with the lyrics the night before, so our group had 24 hours to fill. I got bored and decided to figure out how to use the music and video editing software on my Mac. Mods asked for a song, so we'd give 'em a song!

I'm just going to post this again to relive the glory:

Never, ever expected a fully sung, lyric video'd submission. :D

Reactions: 5 users
Allie has the patience of a saint and probably saved herself by being so quiet. If I were a crazy seer/tracker and people were ignoring me, there would have been a picture-based temper tantrum or two. or three, once there was something super sketchy in the picture (kcoughli).

I feel bad, almost like I didn't have enough time to fully appreciate my role. I really underestimated how busy I was going to be this semester...during the game everything IRL just kind of well to hell in a hand basket and I did my best to keep up with the game! I didn't do a very good job of conveying that those pictures I was posting were some sort of seer results, but in the end I guess it worked out because I lived for a pretty long time for a seer.

Unfortunately, I knew absolutely nothing about the show and just didn't have time to watch any of it or do much research on it (but it's definitely on my "to watch" list now!). The only thing that got me pretty intrigued and prompted me to do research was kcough's picture...but it wasn't because of the eyepatch, that detail was lost on me. I just thought the cronenberg looked so weird that it couldn't be a villager, but upon further research it didn't seem like the cronenberg's in the show were that malicious so I was confused. Anytime I posted a thumbs up or thumbs down with the picture, it was supposed to be like a "help me interpret these results!" type thing and a few people did offer suggestions but yeah until the fateful MJ picture, no one paid much attention.

Thank you for the game, Trilt! And I'm jealous of your amazing artistic skills :love:

I feel bad, almost like I didn't have enough time to fully appreciate my role. I really underestimated how busy I was going to be this semester...during the game everything IRL just kind of well to hell in a hand basket and I did my best to keep up with the game! I didn't do a very good job of conveying that those pictures I was posting were some sort of seer results, but in the end I guess it worked out because I lived for a pretty long time for a seer.

Unfortunately, I knew absolutely nothing about the show and just didn't have time to watch any of it or do much research on it (but it's definitely on my "to watch" list now!). The only thing that got me pretty intrigued and prompted me to do research was kcough's picture...but it wasn't because of the eyepatch, that detail was lost on me. I just thought the cronenberg looked so weird that it couldn't be a villager, but upon further research it didn't seem like the cronenberg's in the show were that malicious so I was confused. Anytime I posted a thumbs up or thumbs down with the picture, it was supposed to be like a "help me interpret these results!" type thing and a few people did offer suggestions but yeah until the fateful MJ picture, no one paid much attention.

Thank you for the game, Trilt! And I'm jealous of your amazing artistic skills :love:
Don't worry, my busy-ness made up for yours :p

Thx for the game @Trilt ... I wish I could have appreciated it more, but it seems like it was a good use of the source material. I still enjoyed it, though I was semi-lost.

I'm happy with my augmented ability move. I'm also happy to have sniffed out MJ early.

Curious about my death - with me protecting myself and maybe someone else protecting me (yes? no?), how come I was able to be killed? The answer was probably in the write-up, but I haven't been following the game well since getting killed.

Yay villagers!

P.S. Told y'all I was vanilla.

Thx for the game @Trilt ... I wish I could have appreciated it more, but it seems like it was a good use of the source material. I still enjoyed it, though I was semi-lost.

I'm happy with my augmented ability move. I'm also happy to have sniffed out MJ early.

Curious about my death - with me protecting myself and maybe someone else protecting me (yes? no?), how come I was able to be killed? The answer was probably in the write-up, but I haven't been following the game well since getting killed.

Yay villagers!

SOV's deal was that he was able to kill through other peoples' protection and the protection of items (like, say, the Meeseeks box). He technically didn't work against self-protection abilities like Arthricia's (who could set a trap), but I was a little iffy on whether using a protection ability meant for others to defend yourself fell under the former rather than the latter... eventually decided it felt more like someone else's protection and decided you could die. I honestly probably could have been swayed either way with that if I thought about it more.

Just in case you're curious, you picking up the ability was just a nod to the fact that Jerry goes fairly badass when things go post-apocalyptic on the show, despite being a mindlessly dull character most of the time. It didn't have anything to do with you picking up the Berg virus a couple days earlier, and it's yet another detail that works with the source material but was perhaps a little over the top for game design, ha. I just felt a little bad with having you be the only truly nilla character in the whole dang thing.

Last edited:

You literally couldn't have played your role more perfectly, even if it wasn't necessarily on purpose. You stayed shut up, never got killed, and took a game-changing picture near the end. And then didn't let anyone talk you out of it. Don't feel bad! I'm just a less than patient person and would have been killed waaaaay earlier following my frustration. Re: Kcoughli, you also had the fabulous luck to have two wolves be the first people on the scene to answer your Cronenberg question, so of course they said she was completely harmless. :rolleyes:

Oh and just to let you know, I almost died laughing when you posted the ":nono:, *sloth picture*" after being complimented. :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
Why didn't you kill me?
1) Mainly cause I didn't have to, you weren't an impediment to me.
2)And there were others with more need to be killed. Zen, LIS and his gun, Allie and her pictures. I didn't have that many kills in the end mostly due to cough's blocking me all the time.

Yay villagers!

You sniffed me out so early that I wasn't even a wolf yet lol
pre_crime.jpg

Some real ace detective work there. I especially liked when you stopped voting for me shortly after conversion ;)

I was actually afraid of that when I got the wolf message, that Cyndia would make me say what the neutral one was... it was part of why I was fessing up to be more chaotic than neutral.
Just noticed this. Yeah, not outright saying what your affiliation was and people assuming you were chaos was a move that I also didn't necessarily expect. Krombopulous really didn't play out like I had expected at all, but that's not to say it wasn't super amusing!

I kind of felt like this:

ezgif.com-resize-352.gif

regarding chaos after the HDM game, so that faction just got written out of this game totally. :laugh:

Yay villagers!

I was the other one protecting you that night.

My sarcasm detector isn't fantastic in the AM lol, my bad

I am pretty sure I didn't make a single good move this game. I even kept lobbying to leave SOV alone for a while which probably just promoted confusion for longer than necessary. Not knowing the source material was a bigger detriment in this game than most games.

I am pretty sure I didn't make a single good move this game. I even kept lobbying to leave SOV alone for a while which probably just promoted confusion for longer than necessary. Not knowing the source material was a bigger detriment in this game than most games.
Yeah, it was a very immersive game- if you knew the show, you were golden, but if not, I can't imagine how hard this would've been.

I actually think you made a surprisingly big impact. The wolves wasted two kill attempts on what was essentially a vanilla character (just with two days of protection), and those were really important, close-to-end-game days. If they'd continued ignoring you and gone after Allie or Jil instead, it could have changed the course completely. :shrug:

I'm going to try and be a little more cognizant of the fact that people don't necessarily know the source material the next time I run a game - I honestly didn't intend for that to be so important in this one, but I kept incubating the game and adding details and, well, eventually ya'll got this, haha.

Last edited:
I actually think you made a surprisingly big impact. The wolves wasted two kill attempts on what was essentially a vanilla character (just with two days of protection), and those were really important, close-to-end-game days. If they'd continued ignoring you and gone after Allie or Zensing instead, it could have changed the course completely. :shrug:

I'm going to try and be a little more cognizant of the fact that people don't necessarily know the source material the next time I run a game - I honestly didn't intend for that to be so important in this one, but I kept incubating the game and adding details and, well, eventually ya'll got this, haha.
But that's a big part of what made the game great. Themed material is awesome, and I've played a lot of games with themes I didn't understand that kind of hurt the experience for me but it seemed worth it overall because the players that knew the source material were really into it. When it comes to themses, you win some, you lose some.

Reactions: 6 users
I still think this is a viral marketing strategy from adult swim to recruit ~2 dozen new watchers at a time.
After all the early talk about Fart being a good role for a wolf I knew I wanted to keep my identity under wraps. I was figuring that SOV figuring out who I was and killing me would have opened up a new ability/win condition/ etc (I don't know if this happens in WW, but his role was out to get mine in the show so I didn't want him to kill me).

I still think this is a viral marketing strategy from adult swim to recruit ~2 dozen new watchers at a time.
After all the early talk about Fart being a good role for a wolf I knew I wanted to keep my identity under wraps. I was figuring that SOV figuring out who I was and killing me would have opened up a new ability/win condition/ etc (I don't know if this happens in WW, but his role was out to get mine in the show so I didn't want him to kill me).
Wait... So now that the game is over, what was Fart's affiliation?

God they need to pay me better for the popularity, then. :p It would have helped your case if Tinkles or Photo Raptor had been verified villager before they found you, but yeah, sorry... you were kind of doomed to die.

Wait... So now that the game is over, what was Fart's affiliation?

Villager, and couldn't be killed by the wolves (besides K Michael). The poor guy - three separate people seered him and he still got lynched!

Guys... saw this on Facebook! I don't do the political post thing but this had me giggling!
FB_IMG_1455257300881.jpg

Reactions: 3 users