WW The Hunger Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2nd WW game i played in, 2nd time i was killed on one of the very last days by a former leader who was converted.

i think wolves leave me alive because i suck at these games

Members don't see this ad.

Kind of bummed my role didn't involve bread. Also wish I got the chance to flex my role. Good game, though. Read through it to the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go Cuit! District 6 Tribute for the win!!! (Even if you did vote to lynch me:)).

I was sure that you and Squirrels were wolves, but I was right about DVMDream- only i voted for her before she was actually a wolf lol.:laugh:

Good game! Too bad I died so early, but I would have missed a lot more votes.:rolleyes:

alcohol was the best item ever
Agreed! The next game mods should try to include it :) I had a great time trying to find stupid jokes and silly emoticons!

:D Glad I hindered your plan :smuggrin:. I don't think the wolves expected district 9 to be so united. That is my big question, why did you guys let us live so long? We stunk at finding wolves, but we did go after Katie 8 like 3 times in the beginning.

We knew you guys were united. I started splitting you up with hedgie but then there were better players to get rid of. My theory was to leave the most suspicious players in the game as well as the ones that I could throw suspicion on.

I started with jj because he was first to mention conversion, then lynch either nordi or orca (didn't matter which), then get rid of cuit (if I had done squirrels here I could have won), then lynch either nodi or orca (whoever was still left), kill squirrels. This would have left ky, PetPony, myself and nyanko. Throw suspicion that Katniss is bad, petpony gone. Then I kill ky or nyan and GAME OVER!! See all I would have had to do was kill squirrels before cuit and I MAY have won.

Way to go Cuit! District 6 Tribute for the win!!! (Even if you did vote to lynch me:)).

I was sure that you and Squirrels were wolves, but I was right about DVMDream- only i voted for her before she was actually a wolf lol.:laugh:

Good game! Too bad I died so early, but I would have missed a lot more votes.:rolleyes:

I felt really bad for lynching you! Someone to collaborate with would have been nice!

Y'all dead people were the most amusing peanut gallery yet! :laugh:

...maybe I can actually make the time to finish reading the book now? I kept getting distracted by the game!

w00t w00t District 4!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I started with jj because he was first to mention conversion, then lynch either nordi or orca (didn't matter which), then get rid of cuit (if I had done squirrels here I could have won), then lynch either nodi or orca (whoever was still left), kill squirrels. This would have left ky, PetPony, myself and nyanko. Throw suspicion that Katniss is bad, petpony gone. Then I kill ky or nyan and GAME OVER!! See all I would have had to do was kill squirrels before cuit and I MAY have won.

lol confirmed, left alive because you figured i'd be easy to convince on petpony. ;) little did you know i trusted her despite somebody actually DOING that and gave her the bow and arrow.

I planted that idea....:D

Suggested to Katie that SOV was giving it to people then her poem with the WHO made people think it was being given...:smuggrin:

Kudos for that -- it was a good one. Tricksy wolves :laugh:

See all I would have had to do was kill squirrels before cuit and I MAY have won.

Which is REALLY sad for us tributes....35 players to begin, and only 3 left alive in the end?! I feel incredibly lucky!!

lol confirmed, left alive because you figured i'd be easy to convince on petpony. ;) little did you know i trusted her despite somebody actually DOING that and gave her the bow and arrow.

I thought about getting rid of you sooner but you seemed to be agreeing with some of the things I was saying so I thought that I *might* be able to get votes for PP that way.. but at that point it wouldn't have mattered I would have still been able to veto a lynching...

Katniss could have done way more than she did. It was disappointing that only the wolves an SOV did much with their roles.

Btw, almost all roles were RNG. Haymitch was the exception. I planned for that to be SOV

Which is REALLY sad for us tributes....35 players to begin, and only 3 left alive in the end?! I feel incredibly lucky!!

well to be fair, 30 regular tributes and 5 career tributes at the beginning, then conversion of another one.

and the careers know who each other are!

i think it was a good fight

I thought about getting rid of you sooner but you seemed to be agreeing with some of the things I was saying so I thought that I *might* be able to get votes for PP that way.. but at that point it wouldn't have mattered I would have still been able to veto a lynching...

So... were you guys using me as a scapegoat/not killing me just to keep suspicion me? Or was that just a paranoid theory?

Btw, almost all roles were RNG. Haymitch was the exception. I planned for that to be SOV

Nice :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup: It was the perfect role for SOV!

And for future games....yes, I've learned a lesson! "Nordicat shall STFU about other people's roles and items.":laugh:

I have to say... right before I was converted I had tried to vote out Trematode because I was very suspicious of her....

Too bad nobody listened because I was RIGHT and then Trem would not have been able to convert me and this game would have been over a long time ago, so that is what you ALL get for not LISTENING to me....:p

Special thanks for Nyanko for causing the kumbayah singing unintentionally.

No paranoid theory here, you were definitely kept in the game as a scapegoat...:D

And I'm sure you guys kept me around for the whole "you were cleared by a WOLF! :eek:" factor! I felt like I HAD to trust you up til the end because of it...if I argued anything against you, I felt like everyone could just come right back at me with, "Well YOU were cleared by the same person!"

And I'm sure you guys kept me around for the whole "you were cleared by a WOLF! :eek:" factor! I felt like I HAD to trust you up til the end because of it...if I argued anything against you, I felt like everyone could just come right back at me with, "Well YOU were cleared by the same person!"

:smuggrin:

By the way BIG thanks to SOV for clearing me...would have never made it this far without that!! By the way, SOV was the hardest player EVER to kill..We ended up losing two or three wolves trying to get him and you all STILL thought he was suspicious! :p

By the way BIG thanks to SOV for clearing me...would have never made it this far without that!! By the way, SOV was the hardest player EVER to kill..We ended up losing two or three wolves trying to get him and you all STILL thought he was suspicious! :p

I thought he was suspicious because he was actually lying about where he got his info from and I could tell that but not anything else! but i never did vote to lynch him despite my suspicions, because i felt that either way he was needed.

No more asterisks!

Dyachei- Thanks for a very balanced game. Good ratio of tributes to careers and just enough items to keep things interesting.

Job well done.

I am proud of us wolves for choosing the right player to convert. At first we were gonna go with SOV, but we chose DVM because she had just been cleared, chosen mayor, and I had remembered her being disappointed in the beginning for not being chosen as a wolf.
Being a wolf was EXHAUSTING!!!! And that damn "You can only send 5 PMs every 5 minutes" was obnoxious! That means only one message every 5 minutes (bc each message was to 5 people) so it made communicating rather difficult!
Great game Dyachei! Except for the whole exploding thing! WTF? ;)
AWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Whew! Just read the last 4 pages! That was a bit of a whirlwind!

Good job, Tributes!!!!

And super good job, Dyachei! I would think I had figured it out and then it'd all go out the window again. Fun :)

Wow, what an exciting finish!! Way to go tributes! :claps: It would've been nice to make it to the end, but I actually died at the perfect time. I was at a potluck with friends tonight and would've missed the last million votes and the entire end of the game anyway.

As a noob, it was pretty confusing but a lot of fun!! Great game dyachei! And can I just say - the RNG *really* hates me. I never once had a single item!!

Can't believe you killed me while I was sleeping! :p

And sorry to disappoint, dyachei. I had a rough week. :(

Wow this game blew up while I was asleep :laugh: and then ended - you really packed in a lot of cycles at the end there to finish this sucker off.

DVMdream - well played! If it wasn't for the jabberjay you would have had them for sure - and the wolves would have prevailed. :smuggrin:

The wolves were very close to winning this time and having only 5 of us in the beginning out of 35 it was not easy, lol - especially losing Trem early and then not being able to convert anyone else. We put up a good fight. Wolves FOREVER!!!! :laugh:

I had a lot of fun being a wolf this time - gave me a completely different perspective on the WW games and it was cool to know exactly what was going on and not be in the dark for once as to who was who.

Dyachei - awesome job modding and creating the game! I am not sure I would have been able to come up with such a creative storyline. :claps:

WOW!!!! Way to go tributes!!!!!!!!:boom::boom::boom::boom:(Just cause I didn't get to do it enough during the game :D)

For my first WW games, I had a lot of fun!!! Sorry if we were a giant PITA Dyachei - but you really did such an excellent job. Thanks for being patient with some of us newbies and our stupid questions:oops::oops:

I don't know what I am going to do with all this extra time?? I guess studying is in order:rolleyes:

Hmmm. So when you think, "old, drunk guy" you think of me. Not sure how to take it, but it was fun and frustrating at the same time.

Any WW game that comes down to the end was well-designed, so congrats Dyachei.
Now you probably know what it is like to be a mother to 35 irascible children!

Yeah. Too bad Pet Pony didn't protect me again. I had another wolf revealed and cuitl (hence nyanko cleared). THEN my death would have been necessary b/c really no one fully believed me until I was dead. Ah, to be a martyr for the cause....

And I thought that redhead had been converted.... b/c I cleared her early and her actions towards me.... I considered you, but thought you hadn't changed too much, so well done to you. I hate conversions as a villager. They are so tricky.

Hmmm. So when you think, "old, drunk guy" you think of me. Not sure how to take it, but it was fun and frustrating at the same time.

Any WW game that comes down to the end was well-designed, so congrats Dyachei.
Now you probably know what it is like to be a mother to 35 irascible children!

It was meant to be a joke. I don't actually think you're a drunk :p

For those of you bored from being dead so long, I am going to have a sign-up on my old thread for a "Speed WW" game. It will all take place in one day, so unless you are free this weekend, don't bother.
Nights are 15 minutes.
Days are a maximum of 45 minutes, usually much less.
There will be breaks for moderators life as necessary.

Only 12 players.
No PM-ing.
2 wolves......1 conversion.
1 seer.
1 mayor, can't be convered, 1 lynch veto.
1 angel

It is the modified classic version of the game. It can actually be done in a few hours if you are on top of it.

For those of you bored from being dead so long, I am going to have a sign-up on my old thread for a "Speed WW" game. It will all take place in one day, so unless you are free this weekend, don't bother.
Nights are 15 minutes.
Days are a maximum of 45 minutes, usually much less.
There will be breaks for moderators life as necessary.

Only 12 players.
No PM-ing.
2 wolves......1 conversion.
1 seer.
1 mayor, can't be convered, 1 lynch veto.
1 angel

It is the modified classic version of the game. It can actually be done in a few hours if you are on top of it.

You making fun of my speed rounds?:cool:

no. not at all. This was a serious post. Ah, the bane of being sarcastic, no one ever believes you are being up front!

I liked the way you pushed the game last night!

It's all good. :)

I think maybe in a few months I may try to do a lounge game.

Question for players - did you like or dislike trying to figure out the items and how they worked?
It was intentional to not tell you much until asked. Most of the games I've played, you pretty much can always target or give away an item, so I probably should have clarified that at the beginning for the new players.

Question for players - did you like or dislike trying to figure out the items and how they worked?
It was intentional to not tell you much until asked. Most of the games I've played, you pretty much can always target or give away an item, so I probably should have clarified that at the beginning for the new players.

I liked it - I like when things are not spelled out and you have to try and figure out what to do. But that is more of "in-general" being that as a noob, I have nothing to compare it to.

I think knowing earlier you could give away an item might have helped, but we figured it out.
And figuring out the items is part of the fun. Like I thought the bow/arrow would only kill career tributes after first 2 tries. Wrong! that was part of the fun.

My only 'criticism' (and I am not sure if it is valid) would be that in such a large game, the lack of any pm-ing outside of the little districts was a bit limiting. It made the first 1/2 of the game really difficult i think. But then again, the wolves weren't so powerful so it made a fair balance i guess.

What was up with all that nonsense from peeta? Could we really do anything for him? That was hugely frustrating.

I think knowing earlier you could give away an item might have helped, but we figured it out.
And figuring out the items is part of the fun. Like I thought the bow/arrow would only kill career tributes after first 2 tries. Wrong! that was part of the fun.

My only 'criticism' (and I am not sure if it is valid) would be that in such a large game, the lack of any pm-ing outside of the little districts was a bit limiting. It made the first 1/2 of the game really difficult i think. But then again, the wolves weren't so powerful so it made a fair balance i guess.

What was up with all that nonsense from peeta? Could we really do anything for him? That was hugely frustrating.

No, you couldn't do anything for him. Dead is dead.

was this your inspiration, Dyachie?

from book 2; pg 121

Then Clove begins to transform, her face elongating into a snout, dark fur sprouting from her skin, her fingernails growing into long claws, but her eyes remain unchanged. She becomes the mutation form of herself, the wolflike creation of the capitol that terrorized us the last night in the arena. tossing back her head, she lets out a long, eerie howl that is picked up by other mutts nearby. Clove begins to lap the blood flowing from my wound, each lick sending a new wave of pain through my face.