WW: -Omitted Topic-: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My constructive criticisms:
*. Extremely Long writeups in a game with a lot of players was pretty hard to digest. Normally I would have been all over the write ups, but until 1/2 the people were eliminated, I didn’t really have time, and I am sure I am not the only one who skimmed through a number of write ups just to keep up.
*multiple wolves with various unknowable ways of being killed ultimately was very demotivating as a villager, there was a certain blasé attitude that kicked in that you as mod were just doing whatever you wanted to tell a story, and it wasn’t worth the effort to figure it out as players, not to mention being next to impossible to do so.
*for me, this game falls in the category as @DocEspana complains where the game has strayed too far from WW anymore, and is something else. I like problem solving and mechanics more than most in WW, but if it is too hard, or in some cases impossible to understand the mechanics I just kind of shrug.
*personal preference is that I dislike super powered players, as the game is much less interesting to those who don’t have those roles. I especially don’t like chaos with win conditions, Again this is preference though.
*Didn’t know the theme, and don’t really get why it was such a big deal to keep it secret. And not really thrilled that some people knew and others didn’t.

The game had really nicely thought out roles, and a lot of love in the writeups, and was very well run. I really enjoyed playing so that is a tribute to your game design and game running. The stuff above is just a few points that distracted from the overall perfection.

Thank you for your time and effort.

e7133c0d-e92e-46ae-9399-52e9693fa349.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Oh -- shout out to @Jahboi who I corralled into playing this and who did a great job of figuring out how to play with no help from me!

I hope you decide to play another game -- they are definitely not all this long or this complex haha

(...also, sorry for killing you lol.)

Reactions: 2 users
In addition to that, I made all of the True Antagonists quite squishy, such that they had no means of surviving a kill or a lynch attempt.
Say it louder for people in the back

I gave myself one death avoidance but was told that was it.

I was pretty easy to kill and was accordingly terrified for most of this game...

...especially when it got to the point where I was open chaosing on the thread and then we saw that abilities/lynch avoidances were going away and I looked death in the eyes and said "aaaahhh" but also "not today"

B) If I redid this game, I would've had a role in there that can assess how many lives each person had at that given time, and provided them with a bit of protection. I think the not knowing how to kill was more frustrating than the them not dying on first lynch, and I can understand that bleakness as a villager.
I think this is a really cool idea and probably would have helped players out a lot.

Also, having more village assassin shots that could go through wolf protective mechanisms.

I will say that I think an affiliation seer might have also helped for the shifting goal posts, but I'm darn glad you didn't have one (except me) because otherwise I definitely would have died lol.

(Side note -- I did consider trying to switch people's affiliations in early game, but decided that there was enough frustration there already to make that a lame choice.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Say it louder for people in the back

I gave myself one death avoidance but was told that was it.

I was pretty easy to kill and was accordingly terrified for most of this game...

...especially when it got to the point where I was open chaosing on the thread and then we saw that abilities/lynch avoidances were going away and I looked death in the eyes and said "aaaahhh" but also "not today"
That was regarding true antagonists, not chaos.

Reactions: 1 user
I usually would have turned a conversion down, but after this I basically had to take the conversion. Trilt put so much effort into it, it woulda been ****ty of me to decline and then out her haha
What's a lil guilt tripping between friends? ;)

I didn't think you'd accept if I didn't go all out tbh. My only ragretz is I couldn't find my partner's really legit resume paper and my calligraphy stuff to make it super badass.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
B) If I redid this game, I would've had a role in there that can assess how many lives each person had at that given time, and provided them with a bit of protection. I think the not knowing how to kill was more frustrating than the them not dying on first lynch, and I can understand that blea
Lol. I had a role just like this in one of my games (Arrow), and the player didn’t understand the importance of the role, and never checked. The alpha wolf was uncovered early and never killed, and villagers went bat sheet at the end of the game. I even backed up the role in case they were killed, but never imagined it wouldn’t be used. It was Probably my favorite game I ever designed, but it was ruined by that flaw.

Lol. I had a role just like this in one of my games (Arrow), and the player didn’t understand the importance of the role, and never checked. The alpha wolf was uncovered early and never killed, and villagers went bat sheet at the end of the game. I even backed up the role in case they were killed, but never imagined it wouldn’t be used. It was Probably my favorite game I ever designed, but it was ruined by that flaw.
I think I remember reading this game even thought it was well before my time; this is the one where village only had a certain amount of possible shots and burned them like, halfway through the game, right?