WW in the Canadian WWilds - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
[QUOTE = "holdthemayo, post: 21734277, member: 614677"]

I actually do believe you ...
[/ QUOTE]
This makes me sad. We could have won this as village.

Members don't see this ad.

Day 11 Newfoundland Friend Lynch Tally
Moose (4)
- AM, 3m, jenjen, mayo
AM ()

4/5

Missing: Moose

Lynch deadline closes at 8 Canadian/10 Eastern (~0.05 hours)

giphy.gif

I think it's genuinely so sad that the village is going to lose this game this way. There's no discussion, no nothing. You've all followed AM to your demise.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
DAY ELEVEN

For some, this had been the most whirlwind exciting trip of their lives. For SAR. KD. and Dubz, this had been the world's longest trip that was scheduled to end days ago. Still, they had valiantly plastered their smiles on to greet the remaining guests that morning before driving continually east. Their trip through the final part of Newfoundland would again take them through some very quaint fishing towns and end with the capital city of St John's. Once again, bus guests could be entertained by the road signs with names of places they wouldn't have a chance to visit: Happy Adventure, Salvage, Tickle Cove, Random Island, Heart's Ease, Come by Chance, Witless Bay, and Placentia to name a few. Again, pick your favourite and let the mods know.

The first stop of note was in the second national park of Terra Nova. This is a hidden gem in Bonavista Bay. This is Canada's most easterly national park and another wonderful place to watch the birds, bergs, and whales! It also hosts an excellent folk music festival every year pioneered by my father in the 80s! This park is a nature lover's dream with about every type of landscape Newfoundland has to offer: mountains, cliffs, inlets, fjords, bogs, muskeg, woodlands, barrens. While you can "glamp" here in permanent tents set up for the city crowd, this is a place where people come to simply get away from it all.

Continuing along the way to St. John's, a detour was made to the south along the Avalon peninsula to visit Cape St. Mary's. This has stunning views and some of the best birdwatching in the province. "Bird Island" is one of the largest and southernmost nesting sites for gannets. In addition to the gannets, thousands of gulls, razorbills, common murres, black-legged kittiwakes, northern gannets, and double-crested and great cormorants nest here. Where 20,000 scoters, long-tailed ducks, harlequin, dovekies, thick-billed murres, and kittiwakes winter. It is the most accessible seabird colony in North America!

Making our way back to the highway, we detoured north this time to take in a few of SAR's favourite places. First, the town of Dildo. There's really not much here, but it's good for a laugh. That's been the town's name since the 1700s! East from here is Conception Bay. Another funny name, but the drive along Bay Roberts and into Salmon Cove is gorgeous. It's also the historic area where SAR's family first settled in the early 1700s.

Finally, the bus reached St. John's. Before taking on the city itself, a small side trip was made to Cape Spear - the most easterly point in North America. Here you can walk out on the rocks and know that just across that big blue expanse is the closest you can be to Europe and still have your feet on North American soil. Back to St. John's, the oldest city in North America. Walking along Water Street, the harbourfront drive, you can practically feel the history around you as you stroll the oldest street in North America. Thirsty? Why not pop up a block to George Street, which has the most pubs per square foot in Canada. If you're looking for slightly more modern history, you can hike or drive up to Signal Hill. This was the site of the first ever wireless transmission across the Atlantic in 1901.

Unfortunately, someone got just a little too close to the edge of signal hill.

Dead is @Miranda Senft , who was A Very Large, Angry Moose, a villager who could go into a Moosey rage 1x per game and kill another player.

She was also the bus Prime Minister, which granted her the ability to "prorogue" parliament and cancel one night cycle and one day cycle, but not back to back.

Please enjoy these images of the East side of Newfoundland.

Terra Nova
Terra-Nova-National-Park.jpg

terra-nova-national-park.jpg

Cape St. Mary's
2016.07.11-Bird-Rock-at-Cape-St.-Marys-C.jpg

Dildo/Conception Bay
DildoNewfoundland.jpg

1324992_orig.jpg

^^the view from my ancestral land

St. John's
3946472184_4036fbfe13_z.jpg

593536c432fd7.jpeg

31151035344_32a718f14a_b.jpg

4 players still on board
Roster:
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @mmmdreamerz
11. @jenjen2020
15. @holdthemayo

Left behind in the beauty of Canada:
Sporty -
Stompin' Tom - Night Writer
MsP - Tim Horton's - Nexus
Ferny - Microphone Taped to A Hockey Stick
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine
Snowy - Duct Tape
Mel - 2-4
Pippy - Maple Syrup
kras --> Barks - "Sorry, Eh?"
Wondering - Canadian Gun Laws
Cubs - Red Green
Lawper - TABARNAK
Moose - Moose

IT IS NOW N11 - SEND IN ACTIONS & INACTIONS ASAP
Night close at 8am Canada time/10am EST

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Night 11

43793319561_fbfe8bdba2_b.jpg

The final night of the tour was set somewhere particularly special: Jellybean Row. Why is it particularly special? No reason other than SAR really likes it I suppose. Either way, the bus rolled into the final BnB for the tour as everyone had tickets home the following morning. For the last time, KD pulled the parking breaks on the big rig. With a sense of finality, Dubz hopped off and pulled the luggage onto the street. SAR stood up, taking a deep breath to fortify her emotions before turning around to the remaining passengers and... Wait. There were ONLY TWO?

Demanding an explanation for the 50% decrease in tourists since the start of the day, SAR tapped her foot impatiently at the front of the bus, unwilling to let anyone off the bus until the mystery was solved. "Well, you see..." A quiet, naive voice spoke up from the back, but maybe not so naive after all. "3m wanted to see George Street so I took her to a few pubs and got her screeched in. She didn't really seem like she wanted to leave her new buddies so I left her there, she seemed to be enjoying herself." A single raised eyebrow from SAR prompted her to go on about the second missing guest. "Well, as for Mayo... He came with us to George Street but didn't want to stay. So we walked back to the bus along the harbour and I don't know... I guess he was really drunk or something. He yelled something like 'protect meeeeee' and then I heard a splash. I figured he could swim, so I'd see him later on the bus." A half shrug, a little grin from the wooflet.

With a deep sigh and a hand on her face, SAR turned to the other occupant of the bus. "Well? What do you have to say for yourself?!" The other guest paused for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. Then, suddenly, a very American accent filled the bus. "Can you believe they thought I was FRENCH?"

Left on George Street was @mmmdreamerz , Gerald Blanchard, Famous Canadian Thief and a villager who could steal one vote a night for her own use the next day.

Lost in St. John's Harbour is @holdthemayo , Doug McKenzie and the other mason.

Still on the Bus and on flights home tomorrow:

@jenjen2020 , a Majestic and Frightening Canada Goose and wolf who could protect one player each night (excluding herself and could not protect anyone twice in a row)

AND

@Animal Midwife , Canada's Seasons and a true neutral who could control the weather, could enact a specific ability depending on the season she chose, and could win with anybody as long as she survived.

WOLVES and 3P WIN!

Left behind in the beauty of Canada:
Sporty -
Stompin' Tom - Night Writer
MsP - Tim Horton's - Nexus
Ferny - Microphone Taped to A Hockey Stick
genny - Bob McKenzie
Alissa - Hockey Enforcer
Dolph - Linda
FTF - Mr. Dressup
jboo - Wexit
Zeppy - Poutine
Snowy - Duct Tape
Mel - 2-4
Pippy - Maple Syrup
Barks - "Sorry, Eh?"
Wondering - Canadian Gun Laws
Cubs - Red Green
Lawper - TABARNAK
3m - Gerald Blanchard
Mayo - Doug McKenzie

I hope you all enjoyed your whirlwind tour of Canada! Now accepting feedback/questions on whatever your little hearts desire, just remember this is my first game designed by me so be like Lawper and explain gently.

Spreadsheet:
Click for sheet

I would also like to hand out the following superlatives (not all of which I added, so if you wanna know why you are here, please tag all mods and the appropriate one will get back to you in ~3-5 business days)

Best reads: Wondering
Mod MVP: Barks
Wolf MVP: cubs
most creative: cubs
Village MVP: wonder
mod entertainment award: AM
best quotes: pippy's AM translations
wolflet freaking rocking it: jenjen
Cutest PM partners: Wonder & Zepp
And, in relation to that last one, Most Helpful: Wondering​

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I was waiting years for someone to say something about the writeups, at least, by I guess my French was too seductive.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
PSA: everyone should read the write ups because they’re awesome and you might just win a prize ;) (other than the prize of ~knowledge~ of course)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Oh dear lord I’m so glad that’s over. I was giving myself ulcers. Great job jenjen. Protecting mayo was a pretty brilliant move. I’m glad AM wasn’t a wolf and that I was right she was 3p. Everything after lynching Mel was a s**** show.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Oh dear lord I’m so glad that’s over. I was giving myself ulcers. Great job jenjen. Protecting mayo was a pretty brilliant move. I’m glad AM wasn’t a wolf and that I was right she was 3p. Everything after lynching Mel was a s**** show.
Thank you!! Sorry if the game wasn't fun for you :sorry:

I hope you all had all the fun :biglove:

Sorry @cubsrule4e, the wolf MVP award was from me (though I put it in there early, probably should be given to jenjen now tbh!). But so was the most creative award! And trust me, I've been the one funneling info to a wolf before. It's a rite of passage :D

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Comes up for me as "I really dont understand this, man." After feigning disbelief that I was a villager.
Trust me, she wasn't feigning lol she truly believed you and moose we're wolves and was very surprised when you both flipped village

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Except this one

N7

Make Armageddon Pigeons

Hanging out on PEI a little too long, the bus tour through canada was about to come to a shocking halt. The pigeons, feeding for hours on seed scattered into the glowing red iron-nitrite-rich soil, had become internally radioactive. Cubs, standing far off in the distance, called for them to come back home. The hoard of loyal birds heard and obeyed their master and took off, leaving droppings everywhere pouring down like acid rain upon the remaining tourists. What a sight to behold, a barren wasteland of corpses... if only Linda were still around to document the happenings.

Cubs smiled, the only remaining survivor, walking back across the US border with his murder of crows... looks like there were never any pigeons in Canada after all.

Village wins.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users