*Where have you heard from? 2010-2011 Cycle*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone's check get cleared for Columbia?
Sent it over a month ago and it still haven' been cashed...all others went through though

columbia cashed my check a few days ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear anything from WVU?

No. I was in the first mailing batch and haven't heard anything. I also haven't seen anyone post anything on here about having been contacted by them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Indiana interview invite via email first, then updated on AADSAS.

7/9 mailing Ohio resident

DAT: 18/18/20
Sgpa 3.82
nsgpa 3.94

Just received email for U-M access today!!!
OSU app complete aadsas under review
Kentucky app compete aadsas under review
Louisville app complete via email
Case...cashed check...received admission booklet 2 weeks ago...no word
Midwestern-IL app complete... Still waiting for an interview

Has anyone heard from Buffalo? On my aadsas it says they're waiting for my DAT scores but when I called them last week the woman said they're waiting for my LOE and doesn't know why it says what it does on my aadsas. Since then, I have received a few emails from different schools saying my application is complete so they obviously have everything of mine. I've heard Buffalo is notorious for updating aadsas on a daily basis so I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten any updates from them.

UB - Application received (email) - 7/6
UMDNJ - Application received (email) - 7/6
Louisville - Application received (email) - 7/9; app processing - 7/14; app complete - 7/27
BU - Application received (email) - 7/9
NYU - Application received (email) - 7/12; app complete - 8/10
Nova - Application received and request to do secondary (email) - 7/12
VCU - Application received (email) - 7/14; app complete - 8/10
Indiana - Application received (email) - 7/16; Interview invitation - 8/4
Maryland - Application received (email) - 7/23; app processed - 7/26
Tufts - Application received (email) - 7/27
Michigan - Application received (email) - 8/13

No. I was in the first mailing batch and haven't heard anything. I also haven't seen anyone post anything on here about having been contacted by them.

Thanks. Had several secondary apps but not from them. I live in Morgantown as well so I was starting to worry.

Got a very strange email that only says "testing"

It was sent to 71 other people and i checked those emails and it seems all the people the email was sent to are students. students from different schools like usc, ucsd, ucla, etc.

Im really hoping this email is testing to see if any emails bounce back before sending out the email interview invitation :xf:

It was sent to 71 other people and i checked those emails and it seems all the people the email was sent to are students. students from different schools like usc, ucsd, ucla, etc.

Im really hoping this email is testing to see if any emails bounce back before sending out the email interview invitation :xf:

:laugh: which school was this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that email tooo! It definitely has to do with a dental school that was weird.

Whoa I got that email also! I hope your theory was correct well haveto post soon to see if us 3 received interviews at the same time

glad im not the only one who got weirded out by the email. i was thinking about how it might be a dental school thing too. However, it was weird it's from a yahoo.com address

Whoa I got that email also! I hope your theory was correct well haveto post soon to see if us 3 received interviews at the same time

yay ok so if ppl on sdn are getting this email then its definitely a interview!!

glad im not the only one who got weirded out by the email. i was thinking about how it might be a dental school thing too. However, it was weird it's from a yahoo.com address

Yeah that makes me feel like its not dental school related, but the fact that they emailed the 4 of us, who coincidently are applying this cycle, make me feel like its got something to do with an interview. What do you guys think?

Yeah that makes me feel like its not dental school related, but the fact that they emailed the 4 of us, who coincidently are applying this cycle, make me feel like its got something to do with an interview. What do you guys think?

agreed! im totally curious now. it's been on my mind the whole afternoon! i wonder which school it's from!

i think they sent it on a private email so we wont know wat school its froom

i think they sent it on a private email so we wont know wat school its froom

Possibly, but I wonder why a school would go through all the effort of doing this? What schools did you guys apply to maybe we can figure it out

Possibly, but I wonder why a school would go through all the effort of doing this? What schools did you guys apply to maybe we can figure it out

Maybe to see if any of the emails bounce back before sending invites? i dunno. but lets inspect california dental schools because alot of the students that got the email are from california schools.

I applied to all california schools....

Which california schools did you guys apply?

Maybe to see if any of the emails bounce back before sending invites? i dunno. but lets inspect california dental schools because alot of the students that got the email are from california schools.

I applied to all california schools....

Which california schools did you guys apply?

USC, UoP, and Western only. I know USC wont be sending out invites for awhile.

I looked through the email again and people that were emailed seem to have unprofessional email addresses. Not many had actual university email addresses. Are the emails we provided SDN visible to others? Maybe someone just emailed a bunch of SDN people.

I got the email too, but it went to my university email address and the address I used for SDN is a personal one. So it has to be something dental school related. Very strange. They are probably just going to send us information about their school or something after all we all go crazy wondering ha ha.

I got the email too, but it went to my university email address and the address I used for SDN is a personal one. So it has to be something dental school related. Very strange. They are probably just going to send us information about their school or something after all we all go crazy wondering ha ha.

Well i'm sold on the fact that its from a dental school, potentially a Cali one. So its either an interview or just information! Now i'll be even more anxious as I constantly check my email

Hey guys, I got the same email. I am looking through all the email addresses trying to figure out some sort of pattern haha. Anyone try replying to the email address? I tried googling the sender but got nothing. I would think if it was admissions related, the name would have shown up...

Hey guys, I got the same email. I am looking through all the email addresses trying to figure out some sort of pattern haha. Anyone try replying to the email address? I tried googling the sender but got nothing. I would think if it was admissions related, the name would have shown up...

Didnt find anything through google either. If you reply let us know how it goes!

wow so far 6 people from sdn got the email out of 71 total recipients. i know for a fact that ratio of people getting interview invites on sdn is MUCH higher than the whole applicant pool. so Im going to conclude its going to be an interview invite.

If they just wanted to give us information about their school they would have just sent it to those emails without "testing" because they are not worried about whether or not you will receive the email

quick question... did you guys get an interview invite to midwestern? I did, and someone just started a thread saying they got a testing email which was from midwestern...

quick question... did you guys get an interview invite to midwestern? I did, and someone just started a thread saying they got a testing email which was from midwestern...

Oh so it IS going to be an interview!. well i didnt even apply to midwestern so that school is out of our potential list haha

Well no I had gotten the interview invite a week back I just thought Midwestern was sending it out to people who had gotten interviews because thats what the other person said, so I guess we can cross that off

I haven't gotten a MWU invite, my status on their website says they are still waiting on my DAT. My scores are being mailed 8/20. So maybe it's just an info email....or maybe it's from a Cali school? I applied to UoP and USC....

I haven't gotten a MWU invite, my status on their website says they are still waiting on my DAT. My scores are being mailed 8/20. So maybe it's just an info email....or maybe it's from a Cali school? I applied to UoP and USC....

I have a feeling its going to be UOP. because i have a good chance at that school

wow its amazing how we narrowed it down to one school just from a "test" emai LOL

I applied to Midwestern but did not get an interview...

Oh and I applied to Western too.

I'll just give you guys my whole list:

USC
Western
UoP
VCU
Indiana (interview)
Case (interview)
OSU
Temple
Louisville
Marquette
USN
UNLV
Midwestern AZ
Midwestern IL
Tufts
Creighton

16 schools probably doesn't help narrow it down much, lol.

Oh and I applied to Western too.

I'll just give you guys my whole list:

USC x
Western x
UoP x
VCU
Indiana (interview)
Case (interview) x
OSU x
Temple x
Louisville x
Marquette x
USN
UNLV x
Midwestern AZ x
Midwestern IL
Tufts x
Creighton x

16 schools probably doesn't help narrow it down much, lol.

yeah doesnt really narrow it down i've also applied to the ones i've placed an (x) next to

I have a feeling its going to be UOP. because i have a good chance at that school

wow its amazing how we narrowed it down to one school just from a "test" emai LOL

Unfortunately I kind of doubt that it's an interview invite from UoP in my case because my DAT scores are below their average. I have a good GPA, but I hear they don't care as much about that. Plus, I don't even think they've received my scores yet, since my mailing date is 8/20.

hmmm one more question for you guys. are you guys attending the Western preview day?

Unfortunately I kind of doubt that it's an interview invite from UoP in my case because my DAT scores are below their average. I have a good GPA, but I hear they don't care as much about that. Plus, I don't even think they've received my scores yet, since my mailing date is 8/20.

do u have a good PAT though? caz they luv that

Its either Western or UOP, i applied to western, uop, and usc. USC isnt sending anything out soon. I think one of the people who got the email did not apply to western. I am guessing that it is UOP. I dont know if its an email though. However, how do we know that it wasnt sent to more than 71 people and that all 6 of our emails are on that one email. What are you're emails?

hmmm one more question for you guys. are you guys attending the Western preview day?

Probably not since i'm not a cali resident. Therefore the email is probably not about that! lol

o good caz for a second i thought it might be an email about the western preview day. but i've gotten a separate email about that.

And yea this definitely has to be for an interview because other guy that got an interview from midwestern said he got a test email before getting the interivew

True, but sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look at the recipients they are all bunched up with the same letter name. The school just send different emails for different last names....not an interview = /

o good caz for a second i thought it might be an email about the western preview day. but i've gotten a separate email about that.

And yea this definitely has to be for an interview because other guy that got an interview from midwestern said he got a test email before getting the interivew

His email was for midwestern he said and i never got that before getting my midwestern interview so idk... its confusing. and i checked through the email i counted around 70 something recipients and i saw an email that was to amali which was one of the sdn posters so i think its the same email

So you think this is from medwestern?

Hey guys, do you're last names start with the letter A or B?

Check your UOP status in their website. If its UOP then it would be on their site because they update it daily.