*Where have you heard from? 2010-2011 Cycle*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, do you're last names start with the letter A or B?

Yeah mine does... Unfortunately you might be on to something

Members don't see this ad.

Even when schools update on their site, they normally send out an email saying that you have been invited for an interview right? But my theory is wrong, I saw many names that were a or b but a handful that ended in other letters too so this could still be legit.

True, but sorry to burst your bubble, but if you look at the recipients they are all bunched up with the same letter name. The school just send different emails for different last names....not an interview = /

the emails are not bunched up with last names and first names because not everyone uses their first name or last name for their email. my email is khwseb@yahoo i dont have my name in the email see?

Members don't see this ad :)
true I saw a few truongs and other names, so it just happens that a lot ended with a or b. Also the fact that so many i mean 6 were on sdn shows it could be an interview.

My schools that I am complete at:

Louisville
UOP
WESTERN
NYU
BOSTON
ASDOH

true I saw a few truongs and other names, so it just happens that a lot ended with a or b. Also the fact that so many i mean 6 were on sdn shows it could be an interview.

My schools that I am complete at:

Louisville
UOP
WESTERN
NYU
BOSTON
ASDOH

Its frustrating because its Friday so we'll have to wait. I applied to all those schools, but I guess the general consensus would say that its either from Western or UoP.

Also, my theory stated that it was sent to A's and B's, but we saw that it really want just A's and B's. Also, if this was the case that they just sent different emails to different letter lats names, then we would have a hoard of people on sdn with the email. Also 71 people for all apps between two letter last names is not nearly enough. Kenkim is right, this could be something. Definitely Western or UOP

And I checked online for UoP and I am "on hold" because they are waiting for my DAT scores. I really don't think this is about an interview guys.

What was your first DAT? Maybe they invited you off that?

However, I honestly think that it is western. Western is like 70% californian. How man of us are cali kids?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also UOP accepts almost everyone they interview, I dont know if they would give away 71 seats right off the bat

This was my first time ever taking the DAT, I took it July 19th and the stupid new process to get it to the schools is taking forever!! I checked Western, and they are waiting on my DAT scores as well. I'm also not from Cali.

Last edited:
What was your first DAT? Maybe they invited you off that?

However, I honestly think that it is western. Western is like 70% californian. How man of us are cali kids?

Here! But my app hasn't been finalized by that school yet. On their site it says I still have items missing.

I'm AZ. Yeah did you have an earlier DAT? Even though your mailing date is the 20th its possible that since you've completed it they already have access to your scores. Similar situation to how schools received our electronic applications before our hardcopy

Wow.. let's get a life ladies... one stupid e-mail and people go nuts thinking it's an interview invitation testing e-mail lol

the emails are not bunched up with last names and first names because not everyone uses their first name or last name for their email. my email is khwseb@yahoo i dont have my name in the email see?

KenKim I looked for your email address in my list but I don't see it. They probably sent out this testing email to a bunch more than just 71 people.

I got the email at 3:28 pm mountain standard time.

Wow.. let's get a life ladies... one stupid e-mail and people go nuts thinking it's an interview invitation testing e-mail lol

dude u still didnt change ur damn avatar?

In comparing activity from last year, it seems like a lot of schools are really behind in offering their interview invites. :(

How much longer could we all possibly wait for the majority of schools that are taking longer than years prior? I would think that by September 1st all schools would at least have started inviting and rejecting applicants.

+pity+

:cry:

I got that email today too, but it hit my personal email and not my AADSAS email. I'm also not applying to any of the schools you've seemed to "nail down."

jus got the email -Midwestern AZ Interview :love:

I am the guy who started the other thread. Anyone is attending Nov 1st interview? And yes it is MWU-Glendale!

ill be setting the date for mwu-glendale later today after i discuss the flight/hotel bookings with the fam

i heard the interview process is really tough, anyone know something about that?

as a canadian applicant i just feel great to have been given a shot

I received the same email yesterday afternoon. I knew it had to be dental related with all of the school email addresses. What was weird was that it immediately disappeared after I opened it....

Anyway, it is DEFINITELY Western University because that is the only school I applied to out of the list of possibilities everyone has given. Whether it's an interview or just testing email addresses, I don't know.

They have already sent me emails though so I feel like a "testing" email isn't necessary unless it's something important! :xf: Also, my name doesn't start with an a or b and is actually at the end of the alphabet... so I don't think that's the correct theory.

I received the same email yesterday afternoon. I knew it had to be dental related with all of the school email addresses. What was weird was that it immediately disappeared after I opened it....

Anyway, it is DEFINITELY Western University because that is the only school I applied to out of the list of possibilities everyone has given. Whether it's an interview or just testing email addresses, I don't know.

They have already sent me emails though so I feel like a "testing" email isn't necessary unless it's something important! :xf: Also, my name doesn't start with an a or b and is actually at the end of the alphabet... so I don't think that's the correct theory.
That would be odd, considering I'm not applying there.

My app was just received by Western last night. Any chance this is just a "your app is complete" email?

My app was just received by Western last night. Any chance this is just a "your app is complete" email?

I also received the "test" email.

After doing some research, I figured the email has to be from western. I looked at the email received about the western preview day and found my email and the email addresses that followed. I crossed it with the "test" email and they are in the exact same order.

unfortunately, this probally means some joker sent a test email to all the western preview emails.

I also received the "test" email.

After doing some research, I figured the email has to be from western. I looked at the email received about the western preview day and found my email and the email addresses that followed. I crossed it with the "test" email and they are in the exact same order.

unfortunately, this probally means some joker sent a test email to all the western preview emails.

You're right. Same exact people in the email. Someone was just messing around.

You're right. Same exact people in the email. Someone was just messing around.

I was reading all this yesterday and felt left out that I didn't receive a test e-mail. Low and behold, I receive the test e-mail TODAY. I also matched it up with the Western Preview Day e-mail that I got earlier and none of the names matched up.

The plot thickens... DUN DUN DUN.

I was reading all this yesterday and felt left out that I didn't receive a test e-mail. Low and behold, I receive the test e-mail TODAY. I also matched it up with the Western Preview Day e-mail that I got earlier and none of the names matched up.

The plot thickens... DUN DUN DUN.

At this point I would pay to know whats going on!

Oh yeah, definitely matches up. This person just cut and paste certain segments of the preview day emails. Probably not a good idea for western to disclose all of our emails like that.

I got the email today too.. Thought it was one of my friends at first but it had way too many random email addresses from various schools so I decided to check SDN and found this thread lol.

Wich Western you guys talking about ? The one in California ?

I got the email too. But if you google the email address you will see that its some sort of club or something along the line. Im guessing our email addresses were either stolen or leaked from some school?

Anyone hear anything from WVU?

nope, its the only school i have heard absolutely nothing from, i was in the 7/9 mailing

Has anyone heard from Buffalo? On my aadsas it says they're waiting for my DAT scores but when I called them last week the woman said they're waiting for my LOE and doesn't know why it says what it does on my aadsas. Since then, I have received a few emails from different schools saying my application is complete so they obviously have everything of mine. I've heard Buffalo is notorious for updating aadsas on a daily basis so I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten any updates from them.

I havent gotten any updates from UB since they told me my app was complete and under review, I would just keep calling Barbara Weinberg if I were you

In comparing activity from last year, it seems like a lot of schools are really behind in offering their interview invites. :(

How much longer could we all possibly wait for the majority of schools that are taking longer than years prior? I would think that by September 1st all schools would at least have started inviting and rejecting applicants.

+pity+

:cry:

I know Beans, I was hoping for some good news before going back to school but lo and behold..nada :( hopefully that doesnt mean the applicant pool is so competitive and candidates are so similar they adcomms are flipping coins :p

:xf::xf::xf: to everyone else who hasnt heard anything yet

EDIT: this test email stuff is crazy, its driving me nuts and I didn't even apply to Western!

Yeah same name here. Why did you write "Do not respond" have you tried responding?

"Do not respond" was written in the body of the testing e-mail. Or at least today's version of the testing e-mail. And apparently, it's from the same guy.

I found "Kami Sandraei" on Facebook, it looks like he's a model from LA. Very weird. On his profile he is a fan of UCSF and UoP.

hey guys, my mailing was 7/30 (without DAT), and 8/20 (with DAT) and haven't heard anything (not even "received" email) from tufts, usc, ucla, ucsf, or michigan. this normal? i've heard from the other 11 schools i applied to though..

lol i love this! this whole development is so fun and intriguing. its like we're in the middle of a conspiracy