What are you going to buy with your first real Doc paycheck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
$1500 espresso machine (actually not sure how much I will spend but the point is it won't be a $20 coffee pot from target!)

Members don't see this ad.

Buy gold with different color diamonds in the chain. I want to ice the wrist too. Like a Rolly. Then get a Rarri with the roof missing. And lastly I want to pop bottles every night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh...and groceries NOT from walmart.

Down payment on the highest PH available at 432 Park Ave.
http://www.businessinsider.com/view-from-top-of-432-park-avenue-2014-10

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

pshhh...downpayment...i'm pretty sure if all of us combined our first checks together we couldn't afford that

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"one already sold for 95 million". So how many people do we need to timeshare that baby?
In to split the cost of that! We'll be in touch in about ~8 years when we are finally attendings.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh...and groceries NOT from walmart.
And shopping at Ikea. Love the store but wish I could buy a piece of furniture that I did not have to put together! After the next four years of medical school, I will only see debt increasing and nothing coming in only from loans. I know there will be light at the end of the tunnel but right now that tunnel seems very long!

"one already sold for 95 million". So how many people do we need to timeshare that baby?
Everyone active on SDN! lol I can put in about twenty big ones.................dollars that is and I am pushing that until my loans are disbursed.............................When will they EVER be disbursed?????

Yes, i am an attending that makes more a month than some walmart shoppers make in a year and i still shop there.

Bro you need to scale up your life. Visit some trader joes or something once in a while

No one will understand but this is what I'm buying with that sweet attending moneys:

post-1-1166713690.jpg

$3500 for a golf club is totally reasonable :p

bro my dad has been playing with clubs that are older than i am and he still clowns all his buddies that drop thousands on their sets

Last edited:
Yes, i am an attending that makes more a month than some walmart shoppers make in a year and i still shop there.
I just hate what it does to small businesses, but I can't afford NOT to shop there. LOL

Yeah, but I've heard that BMW service departments bite 50 states wide.
You heard correctly.

A) It's a luxury car. You pay to play. So, yes, parts are expensive to the person who doesn't understand they bought a 60k+ car and has to spend $X on maintenance
B) Step into an M3/M4 and tell me you won't fall in love. They're second to Porsche in fast cars you can drive daily. Don't get me started on the Audi S line. Or even the MB AMG.

A) It's a luxury car. You pay to play. So, yes, parts are expensive to the person who doesn't understand they bought a 60k+ car and has to spend $X on maintenance
B) Step into an M3/M4 and tell me you won't fall in love. They're second to Porsche in fast cars you can drive daily. Don't get me started on the Audi S line. Or even the MB AMG.

Ten dollars on maintenance doesn't sound bad at all.

Louboutins are heels and are very much worth it, as are Jimmy Choos. They're like visual orgasms for your feet.
ChristianLouboutin-Shoes.jpeg

more like they are torture for your feet. these kinds of shoes will deform your feet. go see a doctor and ask.

My plan is to use my first real doctor paycheck to buy my wife's forgiveness for going down this road in the first place. Actually that's probably going to take something like 1000 paychecks.
Just buy her a Ferrari.
more like they are torture for your feet. these kinds of shoes will deform your feet. go see a doctor and ask.
Said no guy ever seeing a girl rockin those.

I made this assertion once before as well. I was overruled by someone more knowledgeable. Paging @wingedscapula and @fancymylotus

I usually don't answer when I get paged but because this isn't the ER and I don't hate you, I'll answer.

Some high heels are way more comfortable than others, you have to sort of figure out what works for you. Without sounding too pretentious, Prada and the Loubs have always been okay for me.

I'm currently in the midst of dealing with a torn ligament in my ankle though, so @Kaustikos and my ortho guy have moratoriumized pretty shoes for me.

MEAN.

I made this assertion once before as well. I was overruled by someone more knowledgeable. Paging @wingedscapula and @fancymylotus
Well,
Because women look hot in heels.
I usually don't answer when I get paged but because this isn't the ER and I don't hate you, I'll answer.

Some high heels are way more comfortable than others, you have to sort of figure out what works for you. Without sounding too pretentious, Prada and the Loubs have always been okay for me.

I'm currently in the midst of dealing with a torn ligament in my ankle though, so @Kaustikos and my ortho guy have moratoriumized pretty shoes for me.

MEAN.
Except when they walk like a zombie because of a ligament they neglected to heal and then become casted in the remake of "thriller" for their "natural" gait.
Yeah,
You're welcome. I spared you the pain of looking like a zombie by being your chauffeur :p

Getting off high heels and going back to golf, I've golfed with my own cheap clubs and my uncle's expensive ones and guess what? I play like **** both ways.

So I'll put my money into a car. But being Canadian means I need one car with good traction in the snow for work (and you guys in the Northeast will too).

An engagement ring. That's what I'm gonna buy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Nice to see another WRX'er on these forums. Wrx classifieds are so, so dangerous to the wallet.

haha @SouthernSurgeon @FindMeOnTheLinks you guys are WRX'ers too? I try to avoid the classifieds, it can get ugly for my bank account.

that 009 is gorgeous though. I don't think I could justify the price, but it would be a dream. I'd certainly take Spieth's, super stroke grip and all.

Save money for my future kids

If you're going to get a luxury car, please remember that cost of ownership (maintenance costs) is a thing. I don't go a day without hearing someone at work moaning about some $8,000 sprocket that has to be shipped in from Germany.

i can't wait till Bernie sanders wins making a lot of disappointed people in this specific thread.

i can't wait till Bernie sanders wins making a lot of disappointed people in this specific thread.

Also dude, calm down with the political derails. This thread has actually been pleasant so far from what I've read.

yeah because buying stuff with money you earn is so evil and wrong!