Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I interviewed on March 12th and have not heard anything at all yet. I am about to call them up too as I have a pending acceptance as well. I called them a few times because they said they notify students within 2 weeks. It's almost been 4 weeks. I really want to go there too. It's number one choice and I've been anxiously waiting for so long.

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not the only one. Although I don't see what the hold-up is, as I've already called in and they told me I was accepted 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not the only one. Although I don't see what the hold-up is, as I've already called in and they told me I was accepted 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to you.

wow...i interviewed on March 26 and still have not heard anything...with you guys saying this...i am getting more worried!!

any accpetance yet my fellow March 26 interview friends!!!

Haha, I interviewed FEBRUARY 12 and still don't have my dang letter in the mail. I was notified of the decision over the phone but that was only because I had a pending deposit at Touro-CA. Imagine if I hadn't had that - I'd STILL be waiting to know!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called because they sent me interview stuff for the 9th and I had changed my interview to the 26th to make sure they had take me off the list for this week. Anyways I asked her when the letters would be sent out and they told me hopefully by the end of this week as their director has been out and they need her approval before they can mail them.

Also I asked if she could tell me over the phone, and she told me I would have to wait for the letter because I don't have another pending deposit. So I guess we are all still waiting but hopefully for not much longer!

Last edited:
Had exact thing happen to me.

I interviewed on Mar-5th, called them on 16th and was told I got in and that my letter was being sent the next day.

Called again on the 27th and was told my letter was sent that day and there had been a mix up previously.

Finally received acceptance letter yesterday (we get mail on Sunday but not Saturday here), postmarked April 2nd:rolleyes:.
I've been on pins and needles the last few weeks since I gave up my only other acceptance, but now it's all good!:D

Whoa :confused: Why'd you do that? Risky move...which school?

I called in yesterday too and faxed them over my acceptance letter from another school. Found out I got in too! So excited!!! GOIN TO CALI!!!!

Sweet! Congrats!

Did they by chance say when the letters would be mailed out?

I interviewed on 3/26 and i have not yet heard back..my interviewers were pretty confrontational and asked a lot of ethical questions..i posted my interview feedback and questions if that helps anyone.

I interviewed on 3/26 and i have not yet heard back..my interviewers were pretty confrontational and asked a lot of ethical questions..i posted my interview feedback and questions if that helps anyone.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I really enjoyed my time at Western, I was there on the 26th as well.

Are you hoping to go to Western after the interview or to another school?

Sweet! Congrats!

Did they by chance say when the letters would be mailed out?

She told me it would be sent out the next day but I've been told different things about letters being sent out a few times before after which i gave up and decided to call. I figured they'd tell me over the phone since i saw people could fax in acceptance letters to find out. Good Luck to all the rest of you guys/girls!

Called in yesterday and got my acceptance after faxing in my TUCOM-CA acceptance. The lady said that my letter should be in the mail in the next few days. Interviewed March 12th. Class of 2013 see you in august.

Where is the COMP/Class of 2013 post?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's so weird it's taking so long for so many people to find out. I interviewed 3/19, sent in a copy of an acceptance I had to Tourno-NV 3/27, got a call back 3/30, and got my letter in the mail 4/4.

I was forced to do the same when I received verbal confirmation of my COMP acceptance. $2,000 is a lot of money :).
Exactly...

Also, congrats to everyone who got accepted! Make sure to go onto the COMP 2013 facebook and join!

Exactly...

Also, congrats to everyone who got accepted! Make sure to go onto the COMP 2013 facebook and join!

Wow, it seems like whoever got acceptance letters from other schools will likely get accept to Western...Congrat

...as for me (interviewed on 3/26) i've just got wait-listed letter today in the mail, and the the weird thing is that the letter was dated 3/19/2009..so it seems like they already wait-listed me even before the interview took place...anybody has this same problem???...does it looks like they are currently interviewing people for alternative list ??

..anyway, Western is still my first choice, so let's the waiting game BEGIN.... oh, anybody know how i can improve my wait-list status besides sending in Letter of Intent and LOR??

thanks guys...it's good to have a place to share my thoughts and feeling with the same peepz that are going through the same process!!

..AND GO LAKERS!!!HEHEH

Last edited:
Wow, it seems like whoever got acceptance letters from other schools will likely get accept to Western...Congrat

...as for me (interviewed on 3/26) i've just got wait-listed letter today in the mail, and the the weird thing is that the letter was dated 3/19/2009..so it seems like they already wait-listed me even before the interview took place...anybody has this same problem???...does it looks like they are currently interviewing people for alternative list ??

..anyway, Western is still my first choice, so let's the waiting game BEGIN.... oh, anybody know how i can improve my wait-list status besides sending in Letter of Intent and LOR??

thanks guys...it's good to have a place to share my thoughts and feeling with the same peepz that are going through the same process!!

..AND GO LAKERS!!!HEHEH

Update them w/ any new grades, leadership experiences, etc...

Hey did anyone else who got in get their acceptance letters worded something like this... the committee has made a place available for you or a spot has opened up for you? I wasn't put on the alternate list or anything like that but I got accepted and my letter was worded something like that. Thought that wording was a bit odd. Not that I'm complaining because I'm stoked and can't wait to go all the way over there! Just curious...

That's cool, and a little odd for wording. I am still waiting for my letter, do you mind letting us know when you interviewed and when you got your letter? I interviewed on the 26th and was really hoping it would be in the mail today.

That's cool, and a little odd for wording. I am still waiting for my letter, do you mind letting us know when you interviewed and when you got your letter? I interviewed on the 26th and was really hoping it would be in the mail today.

Yeah I interviewed on March 12th... waited a while then faxed in an acceptance letter from NYCOM on April 6th found out over the phone I got in. Received my letter in the mail today.

So I called today since my decesion depended on whether I went to my Touro-CA interview since I haven't bought tickets to it yet (For the Touro-CA hopefulls, an interview spot opens up once I get the letter from Western) and got an acceptance. It sounds like they're doing something similar to KCOM's "Accepted Pending Space" deal. Essentially if the class fills up they'll offer a guaranteed spot in next years class.

So I called today since my decesion depended on whether I went to my Touro-CA interview since I haven't bought tickets to it yet (For the Touro-CA hopefulls, an interview spot opens up once I get the letter from Western) and got an acceptance. It sounds like they're doing something similar to KCOM's "Accepted Pending Space" deal. Essentially if the class fills up they'll offer a guaranteed spot in next years class.

...i received my letter on wednesday and was waitlisted...but my letter was dated 3/16/2009 and my interview was on 3/26/2009...is this weird guys???? does this mean that they already putted me on the alternative list before they even interview me?? so maddddd

can somebody answer me this??

thks!

^
Weird. Maybe they just forgot to change the date on the letter when they were printing them out.

Anyone else that interviewed on the 26th hear anything? No mail again today for me.

i got my acceptance letter from western in the mail today. came in a thin envelope but packed with stuff, dated april 7th.

and wow at the acceptance fee of 2000 dollars..and its non-refundable too

I called today and they told me letters were going out in the mail today for those who interviewed on the 26th.

I called today and they told me letters were going out in the mail today for those who interviewed on the 26th.

That's funny. I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't received anything. I contacted them via phone and email last week and they said letters should be "going out soon." It's approaching 5 weeks, and it's making me nervous.

That's funny. I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't received anything. I contacted them via phone and email last week and they said letters should be "going out soon." It's approaching 5 weeks, and it's making me nervous.

I interviewed on march 26 and received my letter already!!
...unfortunately they waitlisted me...so good luck for those that havent received yet!!

I wonder what the delay is. . . Hopefully we hear soon, I'm having a hard time waiting!

so i was sooo excited, yesterday i received a letter of acceptance..... supposedly. then when reading closer, i realized that it said " the class may be filled by the time we recieve your deposit. " Then when I called in and spoke with Diana, she said the class was full, and if I send in my deposit, I would be garunteed a spot for 2010, and if a spot opens up for 2009 then I will be notified. Has this happened to any one else ? And does anyone know what my chances are of getting in THIS year ? I wouldnt take the spot for 2010, so I want to know whether I should risk my 2000$ in hopes of getting a spot for this years class... Any advice?

so i was sooo excited, yesterday i received a letter of acceptance..... supposedly. then when reading closer, i realized that it said " the class may be filled by the time we recieve your deposit. " Then when I called in and spoke with Diana, she said the class was full, and if I send in my deposit, I would be garunteed a spot for 2010, and if a spot opens up for 2009 then I will be notified. Has this happened to any one else ? And does anyone know what my chances are of getting in THIS year ? I wouldnt take the spot for 2010, so I want to know whether I should risk my 2000$ in hopes of getting a spot for this years class... Any advice?

Same thing happened to me, I'm doubtful as to if I could get a spot in this years class and I, like you, do NOT want to wait a year. The thing that peeves me is they should offer to refund our deposit if they can't give us a spot in this years class. I too am stuck....

I agree that it would suck to wait a year, but I'd rather wait a year than go through this process for a third time. I wonder how many people will withdraw over summer as other waitlists move.

I agree that it would suck to wait a year, but I'd rather wait a year than go through this process for a third time. I wonder how many people will withdraw over summer as other waitlists move.

Oh most definitely it is better than repeating the process! It's just a toss up for those fortunate enough to have an acceptance elsewhere. If Western is your top choice is it worth possibly tossing $2k to see if you can get into this years class?

Who knows....:rolleyes:

Oh most definitely it is better than repeating the process! It's just a toss up for those fortunate enough to have an acceptance elsewhere. If Western is your top choice is it worth possibly tossing $2k to see if you can get into this years class?

Who knows....:rolleyes:

I think it depends on how you rank the schools. For example, if hypothetically I got into Touro-CA (I'm canceling my interview there), from what I've seen and heard about Touro, I'd rather wait a year and go to Western than save a year and go to Touro (On that note, I also save about $1k by not having to fly cross country again and rent a hotel room and possible a car for several days). Now if it was between, say, NSU or KCOM (cough cough NSU or KCOM, show me some :love:) and a deferred year before starting at Western, then I'd say go there.

EDIT:

So I just called my admissions coordinator to talk about the 'accepted pending space' list (to steal a term from KCOM since I don't know if they have any special names for us). According to her, last year they were able to take everyone off the list as well as take people from the alternate list. On the other hand, 2 years ago they apparently weren't able to take all of the 'accepted pending space' applicants for that year.

Last edited:
So I just called my admissions coordinator to talk about the 'accepted pending space' list (to steal a term from KCOM since I don't know if they have any special names for us). According to her, last year they were able to take everyone off the list as well as take people from the alternate list. On the other hand, 2 years ago they apparently weren't able to take all of the 'accepted pending space' applicants for that year.

Hmmmm good to know. I suppose there is a good chance at getting off that list then! (This just makes the decision harder)

I think it depends on how you rank the schools. For example, if hypothetically I got into Touro-CA (I'm canceling my interview there), from what I've seen and heard about Touro, I'd rather wait a year and go to Western than save a year and go to Touro (On that note, I also save about $1k by not having to fly cross country again and rent a hotel room and possible a car for several days). Now if it was between, say, NSU or KCOM (cough cough NSU or KCOM, show me some :love:) and a deferred year before starting at Western, then I'd say go there.

Siggy,

I'm on the waitlist for Western and have actually been accepted to Touro-CA. I really enjoyed the school and the interview. During our interview there were only 5 people interviewing and the dean of admissions informed us that they were not interviewing for waitlist spots. I'm not trying to argue here, I'm just pointing out that all schools do things differently... and I appreciated the fact that Touro only interviews small numbers they are really serious about. My Western interview day had over 30 people.

I think that they are both great schools, having interviewed at and seriously considered both. (Sorry, just wanted to show some Touro-CA love too!) =)

Where are you guys located that got your letters? I'm still waiting for mine and hoping it comes soon!

Do you know if they rank the accepted pending space students or if you are on a list according to when you got accepted?

From what I've heard it seems like the order is based on when they receive your deposit. The latest batch of letters went out either last Friday or this past Monday, but I was able to find out over the phone since my decision was going to affect if I bought plane tickets or not for another interview.

Where are you guys located that got your letters? I'm still waiting for mine and hoping it comes soon!

Do you know if they rank the accepted pending space students or if you are on a list according to when you got accepted?

It's ranked on a first come first serve basis on who submitted their deposit first...

Looks like Siggy beat me to that.

I live in Phoenix and I just received my letter today....

Last edited:
fyi for all those that interviewed 3/26 i received my physical acceptance letter last friday (mailed 4/7).

gl to whoever is still waiting to hear back.

How was your letter worded exactly? I finally received my letter yesterday and sent in my deposit today, but my letter had nothing about the class being full. My started something like, "Congrats, a spot has been made available for you in the class of 2013..."

Can someone tell me what the class schedule is like for the 1st year? Any days shorter than the others? How about second year?

Thanks!

got my acceptance pending space today. I'm excited to not have to go through the application process again, and I called in my deposit.

And the process of acceptance gets one step harder. This news has to be a kick in the nuts to the waitlist people, who just got demoted.

We can say kick in the nuts right?!? :xf:

Anyone have any idea how many people are pending space and how many people are on the waitlist? Definitely bad news for people on the waitlist... :(

Anyone have any idea how many people are pending space and how many people are on the waitlist? Definitely bad news for people on the waitlist... :(

...well i donno but i know that i am one of those waitlisted...i called Diana Dominguez yesterday and she said: "at this point, if you receive acceptance from somewhere else you should take it and do not wait for Western waitlist...

alrite, good luck for those that got acceptance letter...i will holdon to my waitlist status til the end baby!!!

...well i donno but i know that i am one of those waitlisted...i called Diana Dominguez yesterday and she said: "at this point, if you receive acceptance from somewhere else you should take it and do not wait for Western waitlist...

alrite, good luck for those that got acceptance letter...i will holdon to my waitlist status til the end baby!!!

im rooting for u kbao08

Huzzah! I got my letter of good news yesterday! It said I have a spot this year, and I'm pretty sure its because I'm NWT, and the dean said that they wanted to add some more spots there.

Status
Not open for further replies.