Western/COMP Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know....you probably should mention the mandatory banana hammock around the house rule when you advertise for a roommate. :banana: It could come as a shock to people not inclined to the hammock lifestyle.

:laugh:

Hey you know the rules bros, no shirts.

Hey I might need roomates the year after this so keep me in mind. Here's me:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 205
I received a call confirming my deposit last week. She went over the accepted pending space so I would be sure to understand what I was getting into and may not have a seat till next year. For a reference I was 11 on the list and I don't know how long it was. quote]

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your deposit and how long did it take until they gave you a call to confirm process of deposit? Thanks. Although I am also contemplating on directing defer my entrance, I still want to ensure I am guarantee a spot first haha :p

I received a call confirming my deposit last week. She went over the accepted pending space so I would be sure to understand what I was getting into and may not have a seat till next year. For a reference I was 11 on the list and I don't know how long it was. quote]

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your deposit and how long did it take until they gave you a call to confirm process of deposit? Thanks. Although I am also contemplating on directing defer my entrance, I still want to ensure I am guarantee a spot first haha :p

It was over a week, probably closer to 2 but I don't have the exact time frame. Sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if they are taking people off of the accepted waitlist would it be safe to assume/think/hope that they will be moving on to the regular list soon? I hope that's the case!

Does anyone know the stats of those who are accepted to Western, how many actually accept the offer?

Also I need some advice:
1) I got accepted into SGU and I need to give my deposit ($1,000) to them by late May
2) I am waitlisted for Western.

For those who were waitlisted, do you know when the list starts moving?

Does anyone know the stats of those who are accepted to Western, how many actually accept the offer?

Also I need some advice:
1) I got accepted into SGU and I need to give my deposit ($1,000) to them by late May
2) I am waitlisted for Western.

For those who were waitlisted, do you know when the list starts moving?

This week I was told my an admissions counselor that they usually see more movement in June. According to the thread from last year people got off the list in mid-july.

Last edited by a moderator:
This week I was told my an admissions counselor that they usually see more movement in June. According to the thread from last year people got of the list in mid-july.

im on the regular waitlist.
which makes me feel like crap cuz i wanst even good enough for the
accepted waitlist. but thats besides the point.

i just actually looked a the whole thread from last year (took me a loong time) and the first person person to post that they got accepted off the regular waitlist was around August 6.

not a lot of people from the regular waitlist posted their acceptance or their final result so all we have as some kind of evidence is....AUGUST 6,

obviously the accepted waitlist has priority over the regular waitlist.
ANYONE WHO GETS OFF THE LIST PLEASE POST SOON! PLEASE SPECIFICY REGULAR OR ACCEPTED WAITLIST. WE WANT TO KNOW.

i doubt anything will happen till mid July though.
anyways
Here's to waiting for our lives. Cheers.

im on the regular waitlist.
which makes me feel like crap cuz i wanst even good enough for the
accepted waitlist. but thats besides the point.

i just actually looked a the whole thread from last year (took me a loong time) and the first person person to post that they got accepted off the regular waitlist was around August 6.

I know how you feel about being on the regular alternates list...

On a positive note I think the timeline will be a bit different than last year. According to the thread from last year the person who was #11 on the accepted waitlist got the call on 7/23...But this year the person who was #10 on the accepted waitlist said they got in some time at the end of April.

So if they are taking people off of the accepted waitlist would it be safe to assume/think/hope that they will be moving on to the regular list soon? I hope that's the case!

I don't think that they've taken anyone off the accepted waitlist. When I was called to make sure that I understand the terms of the accepted waitlist I was told that I was number 2 on the list [I will find you, number one. I will hunt you down. There can be only ;)] and I'm still waiting.

I don't think that they've taken anyone off the accepted waitlist. When I was called to make sure that I understand the terms of the accepted waitlist I was told that I was number 2 on the list [I will find you, number one. I will hunt you down. There can be only ;)] and I'm still waiting.

Yup, you're right..My mistake.

It would be cool if the regular waitlist people were numerically ranked as well. It would give us a better idea as to where we are in whole scheme of things.

I know how you feel about being on the regular alternates list...

On a positive note I think the timeline will be a bit different than last year. According to the thread from last year the person who was #11 on the accepted waitlist got the call on 7/23...But this year the person who was #10 on the accepted waitlist said they got in some time at the end of April.

Just to clarify, I was #11 on the list, but I was not accepted yet for this year. Rather than take the gamble and wait to hopefully get a spot, I just elected to be taken off the list and be accepted for next year.

I have finally got a call back yesterday from the admission director or coordinator. (2wks after I submitted everything). And...let me put it this way...I am >#50 on the accepted waitlist. That is just crazy...

I have finally got a call back yesterday from the admission director or coordinator. (2wks after I submitted everything). And...let me put it this way...I am >#50 on the accepted waitlist. That is just crazy...

Wow, that is insane. Why do they even bother?:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you know if that is >50 people offered the accepted waitlist or >50 people who have turned in deposits and accepted to be on that waitlist? :(

I'm sure several people will turn it down if they have offers at other schools for this year...

ok guys, well....im not going to panic anymore.
its out of our hands now.
whatever happens, will happen.
if you get off the waitlist and get accepted 2 days before classes
start, the joy will be 10x more than getting accepted now.
if you don't get off the wailist and they reject you, that means
there are better options for you that will open up eventually.
i just wanted to say that i feel so bad for all those on the regular waitlist.
i know exactly how you feel cuz im one of them. ur life is on hold. u dont know where u will be, if u even will be a doctor, if your good enough, if
you'll stay in california, if youll get a call a day before classes start, if the economy screwed everyone over, if you could have said something differntly at the interview, if you should have applied earlier, if if if if if. there is nothing left here but to stay positive. there is no other choice left. whatever happens, will happen and know that this road isnt over yet. and if anything....remember what the most interesting man in the world has said... stay thirsty my friends.

After reading this thread, it makes me really sad. I hope you guys get off the waitlist. On a lighter note, I will give up my spot if I get off the waitlist to VCU.

ok guys, well....im not going to panic anymore.
its out of our hands now.
whatever happens, will happen.
if you get off the waitlist and get accepted 2 days before classes
start, the joy will be 10x more than getting accepted now.
if you don't get off the wailist and they reject you, that means
there are better options for you that will open up eventually.
i just wanted to say that i feel so bad for all those on the regular waitlist.
i know exactly how you feel cuz im one of them. ur life is on hold. u dont know where u will be, if u even will be a doctor, if your good enough, if
you'll stay in california, if youll get a call a day before classes start, if the economy screwed everyone over, if you could have said something differntly at the interview, if you should have applied earlier, if if if if if. there is nothing left here but to stay positive. there is no other choice left. whatever happens, will happen and know that this road isnt over yet. and if anything....remember what the most interesting man in the world has said... stay thirsty my friends.

AMEN!!! hey i'm on the same wagon as you man...trust me that is how i'm feeling too...oh, i know that the 2010 application cycle has opened should i apply while waiting for the regular waitlist ?? anybody has answer to this??

Did anyone who were accepted pending space receive their acceptance packages yet after mailing in the deposit? How long does it usually take to get the acceptance package post deposit?

The acceptance package should be a small envelop with a list of what you need to send out before class starts.

Hi All,

I actually put down the $2,000 deposit but will be withdrawing my application soon to attend University of Buffalo (in my hometown) or possible one of my waitlisted schools (UCLA and Loma Linda). I hope my spot goes to one of you deserving people in this thread. Good luck.

~Wendy

After reading this thread, it makes me really sad. I hope you guys get off the waitlist. On a lighter note, I will give up my spot if I get off the waitlist to VCU.

Hey, I met a girl at western u when I interviewed who was also interviewing at VCU. I'm not sure if you're the same person. Did you say you had a cousin who was a Dr at VCU and did you, me, and an Indian girl sit together for an hour chatting before our interview?

Hi All,

I actually put down the $2,000 deposit but will be withdrawing my application soon to attend University of Buffalo (in my hometown) or possible one of my waitlisted schools (UCLA and Loma Linda). I hope my spot goes to one of you deserving people in this thread. Good luck.

~Wendy

Thanks and good luck:thumbup:

Hey, I met a girl at western u when I interviewed who was also interviewing at VCU. I'm not sure if you're the same person. Did you say you had a cousin who was a Dr at VCU and did you, me, and an Indian girl sit together for an hour chatting before our interview?

Sorry, but you got the wrong person. Have you decided on which school you'll be attending?

lol im also waitlisted at VCU as well as temple. If i get into any of them I'm giving up my acceptance as well.

I got a call from Susan Hanson on the answering machine as I was out of the country... Does anyone know what she usually calls you about? :(

Well she is the Director of Admissions...So she probably had good news for ya.

To all the current Western students:

Is it helpful to get a BlackBerry for school? I'm looking at getting a new phone and wouldn't mind spending a little extra for a BlackBerry but don't want it to be more a distraction than a useful tool. Are there any apps for it that would help for school? Thanks for the help

Hi all,

My husband is finishing up his first year at Western and is looking to rent out his room to an incoming ISAC student while he comes back home for the summer break. It is in the historic neighborhood about a half-mile from Western ( he usually walks back and forth from class).

Private Bedroom with private bathroom with great landlady - kitchen and laundry use included. There are two little dogs and a cat who are mostly outside. $635/month prorated for the ISAC term.

This is a great opportunity to have a temporary place to stay while in ISAC and looking for more permanent lodgings.

He also wanted me to put in a good word for the ISAC course, he did it last year and it was a great jump-start for the year and made the first semester a bit easier.
PM me if you have any questions.

To all the current Western students:

Is it helpful to get a BlackBerry for school? I'm looking at getting a new phone and wouldn't mind spending a little extra for a BlackBerry but don't want it to be more a distraction than a useful tool. Are there any apps for it that would help for school? Thanks for the help

I am going to wait until rotations in the 3rd year (less than 2 years after you start school) to get a blackberry. There are some cool apps that you can use, but it is not really until year 3 that you need to look up meds and stuff. My decision is based on money- I do not want to upgrade my plan yet and based on wanting the best technology at the start of my third year. Hope this helps!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know I gave up my seat at Western today, so I hope it goes to one of you who really has been holding out for some good news.

Having been on a waitlist myself until very recently, I can definitely appreciate how tough a position it can be. Hang in there, stuff will work out. :cool:

Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know I gave up my seat at Western today, so I hope it goes to one of you who really has been holding out for some good news.

Having been on a waitlist myself until very recently, I can definitely appreciate how tough a position it can be. Hang in there, stuff will work out. :cool:

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks for opening up another seat!:D

Hi. I just removed my self from the accepted waitlist for this year (19th on the list), and am starting school next year so I hope it helps the people who want to get in this year. :)

Hi. I just removed my self from the accepted waitlist for this year (19th on the list), and am starting school next year so I hope it helps the people who want to get in this year. :)

Thanks! By any chance do you know how many people were on the list?

hey guys, i can't get the pre-matriculation checklist to open on westerns website.

do you guys know if we have to re-send our mcat scores to western after we're accepted/as part of pre-matric?

Would love to know if anybody has the latest scoop on the Lebanon, OR campus? I know NW Track has been running for a few years, and I read the Corvallis news articles that mention starting students for all 4 years in 2011...but I wonder if any of you know more. I trained at Good Sam-Corvallis as a PA student back in '99-00 and worked in Corvallis for a few years before that. I never did submit my secondary app for the 2009 cycle (ran out of money/steam) but I got a follow-up letter a few weeks ago encouraging me to reapply for the next cycle. I may just polish up prereqs and apply for 2011...also if any of you know whether the rumors of a satellite PA program at the Lebanon campus are semi-true that would be interesting. I'm in PA education now, love it, but the fires still smolder.
thanks
Lisa

hey guys, i can't get the pre-matriculation checklist to open on westerns website.

do you guys know if we have to re-send our mcat scores to western after we're accepted/as part of pre-matric?

You do not need to send your MCAT scores. However, they want you to send in a $2000 deposit, get a background check from a website they'll give you, and send in the agreement form.

By July 1st, you will need to send in all your transcripts, a health form they have for you, and immunization records.

Would love to know if anybody has the latest scoop on the Lebanon, OR campus? I know NW Track has been running for a few years, and I read the Corvallis news articles that mention starting students for all 4 years in 2011...but I wonder if any of you know more. I trained at Good Sam-Corvallis as a PA student back in '99-00 and worked in Corvallis for a few years before that. I never did submit my secondary app for the 2009 cycle (ran out of money/steam) but I got a follow-up letter a few weeks ago encouraging me to reapply for the next cycle. I may just polish up prereqs and apply for 2011...also if any of you know whether the rumors of a satellite PA program at the Lebanon campus are semi-true that would be interesting. I'm in PA education now, love it, but the fires still smolder.
thanks
Lisa

Hey there...I'm currently finishing up my 3rd year rotations up here in Corvallis as part of the NWT. As far as I know, things are shaping up pretty smoothly for the opening of the Lebanon campus. I believe the goal is for 75 students to matriculate August 2011. Not sure if there will be a PA program out there, but knowing WesternU I wouldn't doubt it. There will be nursing and various tech programs. Anyways, hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

You do not need to send your MCAT scores. However, they want you to send in a $2000 deposit, get a background check from a website they'll give you, and send in the agreement form.

By July 1st, you will need to send in all your transcripts, a health form they have for you, and immunization records.

Thanks!

Thanks--will PM you.

Hey there...I'm currently finishing up my 3rd year rotations up here in Corvallis as part of the NWT. As far as I know, things are shaping up pretty smoothly for the opening of the Lebanon campus. I believe the goal is for 75 students to matriculate August 2011. Not sure if there will be a PA program out there, but knowing WesternU I wouldn't doubt it. There will be nursing and various tech programs. Anyways, hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

has anyone heard anything about financial aid? I filled out my fafsa, but I haven't heard anything....I don't know if im supposed to be doing something else, or just wait.

Check your westernu email and banweb account. I think they sent it out last week.

Anyone else on the alternate list get that email about tuition increase? Made my heart skip a few beats when I saw an email from Western in my inbox...So cruel!

so weird, talked to one of the council. Even though people have been posting withdrawing from position, they told me there hasn't been any movement on the list?? :confused:

so weird, talked to one of the council. Even though people have been posting withdrawing from position, they told me there hasn't been any movement on the list?? :confused:

I got the same response yesterday. As well every other time I have asked them.

Any news about the alternate list or accepted pending space list??

I emailed my admissions counciler and she said nothing has moved yet, but things were moving slightly this time last year. Of course she noted that just because things happened last year doesn't mean that it's going to move the same time this year. I hope things move earlier than mid-late July considering how everything starts the second week of August.

I have heard that Western teaches by "systems." I'm sure this question has been asked already, but I can't find it anywhere that the D.O. school teaches that way. I know the pharmacy school does...I hope this is true, because if it is, this literally is my dream school then! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.