Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received my first acceptance from Stony Brook!!! Supper excited:) Good luck to everyone else who's still in it. Don't give up!

I'm Canadian if anyone is interested.

Congras, do you know Stony Brook's matriculated average? Can't find that on their website.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted! 1 interview / 1 (very late) acceptance. Alright!

Reactions: 19 users
10449181_10152214519006395_2015534780320834914_n.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Very thankful for this thread and all the inspiration and hope shared by all the posters. I am ecstatic to share that I was offered a spot this morning off of my one and only wait list! I had already made plans to apply for 2016, applied for a masters program, and purchased new materials to study for the mcat again. Surreal. Best to you all, keep the passion alive and kicking!

Reactions: 14 users
Just received my first acceptance from Stony Brook!!! Supper excited:) Good luck to everyone else who's still in it. Don't give up!

I'm Canadian if anyone is interested.
Hi Steven 1991, quick question: were you accepted off the high priority wait list or the regular wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhh thanks so much for keeping this thread updated! super helpful.

still hoping to get off waitlists, fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't think I can hold off on signing a lease much longer... I think it's time for me to move on ;)

Fortunate for my one acceptance and hello east coast!! Good luck to everybody in this thread, whether that be with your waitlists, upcoming cycles, or your future careers as physicians!

Reactions: 3 users
Yea, I'll be adding the rest of my schools to my current reapp tonight so they can release tomorrow.

I got into my first MD school on Friday, June 20th. For scholarships, are us waiting applicants simply out of luck due to the common March-May application deadline?

Does anyone know of scholarship applications open to people in June/July/August?

Reactions: 4 users
I got into my first MD school on Friday, June 20th. For scholarships, are us waiting applicants simply out of luck due to the common March-May application deadline?

Does anyone know of scholarship applications open to people in June/July/August?
Relatively few waitlist folks get recruitment $! Sometimes there is some need based..

I got a teeeensy amount of aid, having gotten off a waitlist last week (pretty sure it was more of a courtesy gesture than anything else). I'm looking into outside scholarships as well, but otherwise I think we're pretty much out of luck. :/

I got a teeeensy amount of aid, having gotten off a waitlist last week (pretty sure it was more of a courtesy gesture than anything else). I'm looking into outside scholarships as well, but otherwise I think we're pretty much out of luck. :/
You will be eligible for $ as time goes on. Many donors give scholarship $ for admitted students going into specific fields or serving specific communities.

Reactions: 1 users
You will be eligible for $ as time goes on. Many donors give scholarship $ for admitted students going into specific fields or serving specific communities.
Good to know, thank you. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there's been any movement at Robert Wood Johnson?

Got off of the waitlist!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Relatively few waitlist folks get recruitment $! Sometimes there is some need based..
I am sure it isn't the norm, but I was offered a pretty substantial merit award with a late waitlist acceptance from a top 20 school, so it can happen. : )

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know realistically what the chances are to come off of one of two waitlists this late into the cycle. I really need to commit to graduate school if this doesn't work out, and I don't know if I should hold on any longer. Also, is the last day for potentially coming off a waitlist the first day of orientation at that school? Thanks.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to know realistically what the chances are to come off of one of two waitlists this late into the cycle. I really need to commit to graduate school if this doesn't work out, and I don't know if I should hold on any longer. Also, is the last day for potentially coming off a waitlist the first day of orientation at that school? Thanks.
A good friend of mine got off the waitlist at a top 20 yesterday so there is still some movement. Don't know the answer to your other question though since I've heard of one case (happened to family friend) where he was pulled off the WL one day into orientation because someone dropped out due to health reasons but that may have been an exception

We've pulled from the waitlist into the first week of class. The rule about orientation refers to the fact that we can't pull a candidate from another school who has started orientation.

Thanks, neilpryde21 and gyngyn! I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for a miracle for a little while longer!

Any movement at VCU? Thanks in advance!

I just withdrew from there OOS because I got off the waitlist somewhere else as well a couple of weeks ago. Best of luck, there may still be some movement from people like me!

Reactions: 2 users
Got my first acceptance last week right before resubmitting my primary (my procrastination actually paid off for once). It's been a VERY long 12 months...

Pretty much sums how I feel right now

Reactions: 16 users
is it safe to assume that movement is basically over for 99% of schools?

is it safe to assume that movement is basically over for 99% of schools?
The schools I've called keep implying that the waitlist is still moving, so I'm more in the mindset of assuming that the cycle is over for 99% of us waitlisted applicants to avoid getting my hopes up.

On a side note, filling out secondaries again has been a weird process for me so far:

Step 1: Dread filling out secondary essays for school all over again
Step 2: After doing research, get re-hyped about school
Step 3: Fill out essays with enthusiasm
Step 4: Submit secondary and then imagine self one year from now sitting on pile of rejections and waitlists again
Step 5: Be sad
Step 6: Receive new secondary and return to Step 1

@gyngyn gooood morning! Any news for UCSD in July? Or anticipated movement for UCSD/LA that will happen in July?

@gyngyn gooood morning! Any news for UCSD in July? Or anticipated movement for UCSD/LA that will happen in July?
There was a fair amount from UCSD last week. Now the movement (at all the CA schools) will depend on the amount of poaching by the Ivies and receptivity to financial aid packages.

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing here. And one of the schools I am sitting on a waitlist for has still not resent me this year's secondary! It's the only one I am waiting for. :/