VCU Cert 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess the pathogenesis class would be kind of like immunology...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if any of you guys are applying to MCV this cycle, but if so:

Are the certificate students automatically put on hold for fall grades? Or might they legitimately consider us beforehand and only put us on hold if we are less-than-competitive?

I don't know if any of you guys are applying to MCV this cycle, but if so:

Are the certificate students automatically put on hold for fall grades? Or might they legitimately consider us beforehand and only put us on hold if we are less-than-competitive?

I just asked my friend who did the program and got into MCV. He said, that if you have somewhat of a strong science GPA from undergrad (which you do), they hold your application until your first semester certificate grades come out, then if they are fine, you will be given an interview and if that goes well, you should receive an acceptance to MCV. If your undergrad GPA is bad, then they will just flat out reject you until you complete the program. You might want to call the SoM and request and appointment talk to Whitehurst-Cooke ASAP, and ask her and introduce yourself. She will tell you exactly what will be done, and exactly what you need to do to get into MCV's program. Another one of my friend applied, and she was rejected and she applied again and spoke to Whitehurst-Cooke, and she told her get a XX MCAT score or higher and you will get an acceptance. She got the score, called Whitehurst-Cooke and told her she got the grade, and she said as soon as the score is verified you will get an acceptance letter, and in a week to two, she got one...

Members don't see this ad :)
So what kind of OA or BCPM gpa do you think you'd need to feel safe applying during the program? Could I just e-mail Dr. Whitehurst-Cooke and ask her about my particular application or do you think I would be viewed as annoying?

So what kind of OA or BCPM gpa do you think you'd need to feel safe applying during the program?
Probably somewhere around the average matriculant for their school (3.6 cGPA, 29 MCAT)

Could I just e-mail Dr. Whitehurst-Cooke and ask her about my particular application or do you think I would be viewed as annoying?
I sent her a similar question this morning, I'll let you know what she says.

aSagacious, question for you. Between the few programs you were looking at, how and why did you choose the VCU one? Just curious.

aSagacious, question for you. Between the few programs you were looking at, how and why did you choose the VCU one? Just curious.

Sure, no problem. Here was my logic:

If you take a look at my MDApps profile, you'll see my year-by-year breakdown. The red flag on my application (or rather, one of many I'm sure :rolleyes:) was my junior year.

During this year I attempted to take physio, biochem, anatomy, and tackle the MCAT while doing research 20 hrs/wk. I like VCU's program because it allows me to essentially repeat my junior to show AdComs that it was a fluke. I have already been working in a research lab at VCU since May, and will continue to do so throughout the upcoming year. In fact, this was such an important criterion for me the moment I was offered the research position I withdrew all of my other applications.

Additionally, I really like the Richmond area (as compared to DC, Philadelphia, Long Island, etc) and could readily see myself spending the next five years here.

BTW Swedish my Grad PLUS loan was just awarded yesterday, so you should have plenty of time before classes start to get your loans together. :luck:

BTW Swedish my Grad PLUS loan was just awarded yesterday, so you should have plenty of time before classes start to get your loans together. :luck:

OOOh yea. So, the day after my acceptance was put into the system, I was awarded my loans. I just e-mailed my Grad Plus Loan application with the direct deposit form, and signed the master promissory note and all other required paper work yesterday to the financial aid office. So we will see how long that takes. He said it shouldn't take long...

Now I need to find a place to live, or just find a corner in the library that no one visits and just stay there.... :p

Now I need to find a place to live, or just find a corner in the library that no one visits and just stay there.... :p

Sounds like a good time!
12.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know anything about rush hour traffic around this area? I've been looking at places in the Fan, as well as a little further west. I'm trying to weigh pros and cons of each area, but I have no idea about traffic in the morning on I-64 E.

Does anybody know anything about rush hour traffic around this area? I've been looking at places in the Fan, as well as a little further west. I'm trying to weigh pros and cons of each area, but I have no idea about traffic in the morning on I-64 E.

Not too bad! Broad street is usually clean that is always an alternate if you notice that the highway is packed if you are coming from the West, the traffic usually starts after the staples mill exit. So you can either get off at that exit and take inside roads, or you can take highway 195 instead of the normal 64/95 route which has the most traffic. From 195 you can either take broad, or cary st, among other options. The best way for me when there is no traffic is to take 64/95 all the way til 13th street and you'll be right there. The West end of Richmond will be safer, newer, cleaner, you will have more options, it can be more or less expensive. If you get to the short pump area, you will have a 20-30 min drive but it is a really nice, brand new area, which is expanding fast and is the place to be in Richmond, safe and clean and everything...

Sorry if this was confusing, let me know if you have any other questions, I have lived in Richmond for 16 years, always in the West End of the city.

Has anyone else received an email for the generic graduate student orientation? VCU grad school says it's August 19th.

Do we have to attend this one (in addition to the generic med school orientation on the 22nd AM as well as the CERT orientation on the 22nd PM)? That's a lot of orienting :D.

Oh, I just realized I had actually gotten a letter from them about this. Anyone planning on going to Aug 19th orientation?

Here's what Dr. W-C had to say (I'll provide any updates):
"Most students participate in the Cert program to prove themselves because of undergraduate grades, if that is the case then we always wait for first semester grades or decide that we need to actually see two semesters of strong grades depending on historical academic performance. If a candidate has a very strong academic record previously and above average MCAT they may not be put on hold. It is important if you fall in the latter group to understand how the Cert program is going to be helpful?"

In my experience there's a pretty nasty (albeit transient) bottleneck on I-64E starting at around 7AM every day. If you can beat the rush there's literally no traffic and it's an easy commute. Otherwise it can add about 30 minutes onto your commute (unless you figure out a few detours). I usually leave my apartment at 6:45 and roll into the parking garage by 7:05.

Here's what Dr. W-C had to say (I'll provide any updates):
"Most students participate in the Cert program to prove themselves because of undergraduate grades, if that is the case then we always wait for first semester grades or decide that we need to actually see two semesters of strong grades depending on historical academic performance. If a candidate has a very strong academic record previously and above average MCAT they may not be put on hold. It is important if you fall in the latter group to understand how the Cert program is going to be helpful?"

Dr. W-C, LMAO. So, she is basically telling you that the cert program might not be of help to you.

In my experience there's a pretty nasty (albeit transient) bottleneck on I-64E starting at around 7AM every day. If you can beat the rush there's literally no traffic and it's an easy commute. Otherwise it can add about 30 minutes onto your commute (unless you figure out a few detours). I usually leave my apartment at 6:45 and roll into the parking garage by 7:05.

I used to have 8am classes in undergrad and I would leave my house at 7:25am and make it to class on time. The times where there was worse traffic I would take different detours, and a correction to what I said earlier, I used to take Monument Ave, not Broad Street. Broad Street has too many lights.

Now, it has been a long time since I took 8am classes at VCU, so it might have changed in the past 5-6 years...

Anybody looking for roommates?? I accepted my offer last week and have been looking for a place to live.. Let me know!

Okay, here's the update (I'll merge all of the related posts to keep it coherent):

Here's what Dr. W-C had to say:

... and the update:
"We view each year of academics and if there is a decreasing GPA it is important that you address it, and the cert program should. If you did well your senior year then the committee might be able to make a decision after the first semester of the cert program, if not then two semesters of the cert program will be necessary. Your application would be put on hold until the end of Dec when grades would be available, which will not put you at a disadvantage if you have a decreasing GPA from undergrad which would not be looked upon favorably."

So it looks like I (as well as applicants similar to myself) will be put on hold for fall grades.

I dont know yet. I just started looking. Any preference in where?

Okay, here's the update (I'll merge all of the related posts to keep it coherent):

... and the update:
"We view each year of academics and if there is a decreasing GPA it is important that you address it, and the cert program should. If you did well your senior year then the committee might be able to make a decision after the first semester of the cert program, if not then two semesters of the cert program will be necessary. Your application would be put on hold until the end of Dec when grades would be available, which will not put you at a disadvantage if you have a decreasing GPA from undergrad which would not be looked upon favorably."

So it looks like I (as well as applicants similar to myself) will be put on hold for fall grades.

Good to know. Thanks for keeping us posted, I'm sure you'll be fine!

@aSagacous & SwedishMD-Thanks for the feedback on traffic/living areas!

And my grad plus paperwork they received yesterday and I was approved for it today. All the loan stuff took one business day, I don't know why yours took soo long!

And my grad plus paperwork they received yesterday and I was approved for it today. All the loan stuff took one business day, I don't know why yours took soo long!

Apparently it had to do with when I submitted the paperwork. All loan decisions are based upon the lump sum figure that comes in late June for VCU's annual budget, and they allocate everything from that figure accordingly. Since I submitted my stuff in ~March I ended up (unknowingly) having to wait for the budget disclosure. :thumbdown:

Ahh ok.

So does anyone have any experience with any of these properties.

These buildings are owned by the Shockoe Company:
6 North 6th
Berry Burk Building
William Hill
Davenport
Europa
Shockoe Lane

These are owned by Plus Management
Cedar Broad
Shockoe Commons
Dill Building
American Tobacco Center
The Poythress

If anyone has experience with those apartments, or with those companies, let me know. Trying to make the apartment decision by next week. Thanks!

Hey I'm living in Cedar Broad right now. Complex is pretty nice and has ample security. Best part is that its pretty close to classes...like a 15 min walk. I'd definitely recommend it if theres still apartments available.

Ahh ok.

So does anyone have any experience with any of these properties.

These buildings are owned by the Shockoe Company:
6 North 6th
Berry Burk Building
William Hill
Davenport
Europa
Shockoe Lane

These are owned by Plus Management
Cedar Broad
Shockoe Commons
Dill Building
American Tobacco Center
The Poythress

If anyone has experience with those apartments, or with those companies, let me know. Trying to make the apartment decision by next week. Thanks!

Hey I'm living in Cedar Broad right now. Complex is pretty nice and has ample security. Best part is that its pretty close to classes...like a 15 min walk. I'd definitely recommend it if theres still apartments available.

Oh cool, I have an appointment to go check it out tomorrow!

Here is an old post of mine from a few years back that should help you all figure out where to live: I am a Richmond native.

350px-RichmondFanDistrict.jpg

in the above picture MCV is located right above where the purple line intersects the 2nd O of "downtown"

Sketch areas that you probably don't want to live in include: oregon hill, Jackson ward, Randolph, or anything with court in it (ie Gilpin court). Also, dont live right across the river from downtown (ie called manchester on the second picture). Finally in Church Hill, dont live too far north of broad street. For those of you that went to the financial aid workshop the director lady told you that Jackson ward is a good area to live in. I pretty much crapped myself when she told you that. Jackson ward is a really sketchy, really dangerous part of Richmond. Don't live there.

Here is a second picture that shows things a bit further east
350px-DowntownRichmondNeighborhoods.jpg

Here MCV is located right around where it says "court end"

The Fan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_District
Note that while Wikipedia doesnt consider west of boulevard 'the fan' many in Richmond do. Others refer to west of boulevard as "the museum district." Either way it is nice to live near carytown (shopping/eating area). You will be good living pretty much anywhere in the fan area. But the further away (west) from the undergrad campus, the quieter things will be. Generally around the 2000 block (of streets parallel w/ broad st) you should be in good shape. Other considerations are that there are a lot of bars on Robinson. So you might want to live around there (i think about 2500 block). The further west you go, generally the safer things get.

Church Hill: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Hill
Note that you dont want to live very far north of Broad street. If you can, stay SOUTH of broad street (red line going up church hill). Really I cant stress this enough. If you go like 10 blocks north of broad around church hill you will get shot. Only half kidding about this. South of broad street has some very beautiful areas and some very nice apts. North of broad is a great place to buy crack. You see the dark black line going north of church hill, that is where the projects are and is arguably one of the most dangerous area of Richmond. So stay away from it.

Shockoe Bottom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockoe_Bottom
Apts are spotted throughout here generally above shops or in converted industrial buildings. The apts generally have a lot of character but, it can get loud if you are near the clubs/bars. Most of my class lives in the bottom so that is a consideration, plus it is nice and close to MCV. Basically on a decent day you can walk from the bottom. Things can get pricey here but if you look you can find a cheap place.

Here is my update from this past year:
I had been hearing a lot of talk about the new revitalization of the Manchester area. I was curious about how much they could have done and my girlfriend was looking for a place to live so we decided to head across the river. I am not too sure what people consider a 'revitalization' but it didnt look a whole lot different. I'd still recommend not living there (well that is unless you plan to sling crack to pay for school-which i also do not recommend- but Glenda Palmer, the financial aid lady, always encourages us to be creative to save money so she may recommend differently).

Now a bit west from manchester you get to the Westover Hills/Forrest Hill Ave area (still in the southside). It is a bit of a drive but using the Nickel Bridge (which funny enough has a 35 cent toll) it takes around 10 minutes to get to school. This is a pretty safe area and you can get a pretty nice house to rent or buy for really, really cheap. Of the south-side area, this is probably one of your better options based on price and distance from school. This is right across the river from where the "fan" turns into the "museum district"

The Fan
Stretches of the fan are surrounded by kinda sketchy areas. In some stretches of broad you may feel unsafe. My GF lived on Grace a few years back and the alley behind her building was shared with the shops on broad. While I felt perfectly safe, she often felt uneasy walking alone at night. So if you are a female or would like to feel safer, if you choose to live in the fan, living either on the south side of grace (so you dont share an alley w/ broad) or just living south of grace st would be best.

The West end-
This is where I grew up so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Unquestionably the safest and nicest area of Richmond. Can be a bit of a hike to class ranging from 15-45 minutes based on what part of the west end you live in. The apt prices vary wildly from obscenely expensive to pretty cheap.

Church Hill
I re-read what I wrote and it basically sounds like church hill is a war zone. It is not. South of broad is very very nice. Some of the nicest apts I have seen in R-Va are in Church hill. The people I know that live there feel safe. That said, stay south of broad because the projects really are about 10-15 blocks north with a nice little transition zone starting about 6 blocks north of broad. Stay south of broad and you will be fine and shouldnt feel unsafe.

During Med school I used to live in the fan/museum district. There are pros and cons about each area. My class was spread mainly in Downtown and the fan. There are probably a few dozen who live in the southside or west end. If you have questions feel free to PM me. If you have a specific apt complex in mind I probably wont be able to help you since I have limited exposure to the thousands of apt complexes in Richmond. But if you are worried about an area or want some input, feel free to PM me.

Here is an old post of mine from a few years back that should help you all figure out where to live: I am a Richmond native.

350px-RichmondFanDistrict.jpg

in the above picture MCV is located right above where the purple line intersects the 2nd O of "downtown"

Sketch areas that you probably don't want to live in include: oregon hill, Jackson ward, Randolph, or anything with court in it (ie Gilpin court). Also, dont live right across the river from downtown (ie called manchester on the second picture). Finally in Church Hill, dont live too far north of broad street. For those of you that went to the financial aid workshop the director lady told you that Jackson ward is a good area to live in. I pretty much crapped myself when she told you that. Jackson ward is a really sketchy, really dangerous part of Richmond. Don't live there.

Here is a second picture that shows things a bit further east
350px-DowntownRichmondNeighborhoods.jpg

Here MCV is located right around where it says "court end"

The Fan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_District
Note that while Wikipedia doesnt consider west of boulevard 'the fan' many in Richmond do. Others refer to west of boulevard as "the museum district." Either way it is nice to live near carytown (shopping/eating area). You will be good living pretty much anywhere in the fan area. But the further away (west) from the undergrad campus, the quieter things will be. Generally around the 2000 block (of streets parallel w/ broad st) you should be in good shape. Other considerations are that there are a lot of bars on Robinson. So you might want to live around there (i think about 2500 block). The further west you go, generally the safer things get.

Church Hill: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_Hill
Note that you dont want to live very far north of Broad street. If you can, stay SOUTH of broad street (red line going up church hill). Really I cant stress this enough. If you go like 10 blocks north of broad around church hill you will get shot. Only half kidding about this. South of broad street has some very beautiful areas and some very nice apts. North of broad is a great place to buy crack. You see the dark black line going north of church hill, that is where the projects are and is arguably one of the most dangerous area of Richmond. So stay away from it.

Shockoe Bottom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockoe_Bottom
Apts are spotted throughout here generally above shops or in converted industrial buildings. The apts generally have a lot of character but, it can get loud if you are near the clubs/bars. Most of my class lives in the bottom so that is a consideration, plus it is nice and close to MCV. Basically on a decent day you can walk from the bottom. Things can get pricey here but if you look you can find a cheap place.

Here is my update from this past year:
I had been hearing a lot of talk about the new revitalization of the Manchester area. I was curious about how much they could have done and my girlfriend was looking for a place to live so we decided to head across the river. I am not too sure what people consider a 'revitalization' but it didnt look a whole lot different. I'd still recommend not living there (well that is unless you plan to sling crack to pay for school-which i also do not recommend- but Glenda Palmer, the financial aid lady, always encourages us to be creative to save money so she may recommend differently).

Now a bit west from manchester you get to the Westover Hills/Forrest Hill Ave area (still in the southside). It is a bit of a drive but using the Nickel Bridge (which funny enough has a 35 cent toll) it takes around 10 minutes to get to school. This is a pretty safe area and you can get a pretty nice house to rent or buy for really, really cheap. Of the south-side area, this is probably one of your better options based on price and distance from school. This is right across the river from where the "fan" turns into the "museum district"

The Fan
Stretches of the fan are surrounded by kinda sketchy areas. In some stretches of broad you may feel unsafe. My GF lived on Grace a few years back and the alley behind her building was shared with the shops on broad. While I felt perfectly safe, she often felt uneasy walking alone at night. So if you are a female or would like to feel safer, if you choose to live in the fan, living either on the south side of grace (so you dont share an alley w/ broad) or just living south of grace st would be best.

The West end-
This is where I grew up so if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Unquestionably the safest and nicest area of Richmond. Can be a bit of a hike to class ranging from 15-45 minutes based on what part of the west end you live in. The apt prices vary wildly from obscenely expensive to pretty cheap.

Church Hill
I re-read what I wrote and it basically sounds like church hill is a war zone. It is not. South of broad is very very nice. Some of the nicest apts I have seen in R-Va are in Church hill. The people I know that live there feel safe. That said, stay south of broad because the projects really are about 10-15 blocks north with a nice little transition zone starting about 6 blocks north of broad. Stay south of broad and you will be fine and shouldnt feel unsafe.

During Med school I used to live in the fan/museum district. There are pros and cons about each area. My class was spread mainly in Downtown and the fan. There are probably a few dozen who live in the southside or west end. If you have questions feel free to PM me. If you have a specific apt complex in mind I probably wont be able to help you since I have limited exposure to the thousands of apt complexes in Richmond. But if you are worried about an area or want some input, feel free to PM me.

Yaaay! West End! That's where I grew up, I live right by short pump mall, I wish MCV would be transplanted to short pump. Love that place.

Thanks a lot for the post, I'm so not familiar with the city.

EDIT: I dont know why I posted in this sub-topic. My bad

I went to go buy the physiology syllabus today, but it's not available yet :(

Won't be available until mid August the dude there said. Boooooo.

So I meant to ask you. You are still doing the program right?

Yep. After the back-and-forth with Dr. W-C, I had a meeting with Dr. De Felice and later with Dr. Costanzo discussing my situation. The consensus was that I'd benefit from this program because of my junior year performance.

However, something interesting that was voiced by Dr. De Felice was his opinion on ECs during the program. He stressed that the coursework was really time consuming and it would be in our best interest to limit the amount of ECs that we do. While I understand his position (and agree that academics come first) this philosophy is crippling if we do not get into MCV. Other schools will look at us and think, "why did they stop doing anything outside of class during their post-bacc?" Maybe I'm paranoid, but that would be my position. Anyway, I'll probably stick to 20 hrs/week of research and that'll be it for ECs, at least until I get a feel for the workload from classes.

Yep. After the back-and-forth with Dr. W-C, I had a meeting with Dr. De Felice and later with Dr. Costanzo discussing my situation. The consensus was that I'd benefit from this program because of my junior year performance.

However, something interesting that was voiced by Dr. De Felice was his opinion on ECs during the program. He stressed that the coursework was really time consuming and it would be in our best interest to limit the amount of ECs that we do. While I understand his position (and agree that academics come first) this philosophy is crippling if we do not get into MCV. Other schools will look at us and think, "why did they stop doing anything outside of class during their post-bacc?" Maybe I'm paranoid, but that would be my position. Anyway, I'll probably stick to 20 hrs/week of research and that'll be it for ECs, at least until I get a feel for the workload from classes.

Oh wow. How were you able to meet with Dr. DeFelice, I e-mailed him and he never got back to me. Also, I thought Dr. Costanzo retired, or are you talking about the male Dr. Costanzo?

Me personally, I cut out everything for this program, I just want to focus on the academics right now, I can't risk being spread too thin.

Oh wow. How were you able to meet with Dr. DeFelice, I e-mailed him and he never got back to me.
I walked into his office and scheduled a meeting during his office hours (MWF 9-12 room 1-022).

Also, I thought Dr. Costanzo retired, or are you talking about the male Dr. Costanzo?
Nope, the Mrs. (Linda). My PI is good friends with her and was the one who suggested that I talk with her. Yes, she is technically retired but is still around regularly (she still has an office too).

Me personally, I cut out everything for this program, I just want to focus on the academics right now, I can't risk being spread too thin.
I think that's the smart move. I might come to regret my decision, but only time will tell.

I walked into his office and scheduled a meeting during his office hours (MWF 9-12 room 1-022).

Nope, the Mrs. (Linda). My PI is good friends with her and was the one who suggested that I talk with her. Yes, she is technically retired but is still around regularly (she still has an office too).

I think that's the smart move. I might come to regret my decision, but only time will tell.

Did Mrs. Costanzo tell you anything about whether she will be teaching a few classes for the post-bacc's or not?

Did Mrs. Costanzo tell you anything about whether she will be teaching a few classes for the post-bacc's or not?

Didn't ask, but the way she described herself as 'retired' I doubt it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she was still involved as a curriculum developer / consultant to the current instructors of the physio course.

Didn't ask, but the way she described herself as 'retired' I doubt it. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she was still involved as a curriculum developer / consultant to the current instructors of the physio course.

The class just showed up on blackboard with the schedule, lectures, etc. It seems Mrs. Costanzo will be teaching 10-12 lectures or so, and her husband will teach the same amount as well!

The class just showed up on blackboard with the schedule, lectures, etc. It seems Mrs. Costanzo will be teaching 10-12 lectures or so, and her husband will teach the same amount as well!

I hope for y'alls sake she does teach some. She taught my year basic cell physio (action potentials, etc) and Renal/Acid-Base phys and was in the top 5 professors I've ever had (including MS1 and MS2). Her books (BRS & textbook) are also top-notch. Highly suggest investing in both. BRS is virtually the same as the textbook, but is more condensed with less diagrams/pictures but has more practice questions after each chapter. You will refer back to it plenty in the future, so it's a wise investment.

I hope for y'alls sake she does teach some. She taught my year basic cell physio (action potentials, etc) and Renal/Acid-Base phys and was in the top 5 professors I've ever had (including MS1 and MS2). Her books (BRS & textbook) are also top-notch. Highly suggest investing in both. BRS is virtually the same as the textbook, but is more condensed with less diagrams/pictures but has more practice questions after each chapter. You will refer back to it plenty in the future, so it's a wise investment.

From the schedule it seems like she will be teaching renal and acid/base, but she won't be teaching basic cell physio, apparently Dr. Feher will be doing that. Thanks!

Just got an email saying that they added another required course: BIOC 691 (1 credit), which is a review course for BIOC 503 and I'm guessing it meets once a week. Since they just added the class, though, I don't think you'll be able to sign up for it immediately (maybe wait a week or so).

...and going way back to this post

Has anyone else received an email for the generic graduate student orientation? VCU grad school says it's August 19th.

Do we have to attend this one (in addition to the generic med school orientation on the 22nd AM as well as the CERT orientation on the 22nd PM)? That's a lot of orienting :D.

It looks like the orientation on the 19th is optional and the other two are mandatory.

Just got an email saying that they added another required course: BIOC 691 (1 credit), which is a review course for BIOC 503 and I'm guessing it meets once a week. Since they just added the class, though, I don't think you'll be able to sign up for it immediately (maybe wait a week or so).

Yup sweet! A review course for biochem sounds pretty awesome to me! I hope it doesn't take too much time though.

Did you guys read the email about histology. They took out the lab hours, so no 1 hour classes on Tuesday and Thursday, and everything is digital on the computer.

Still debating on histology though. AHHHH