University of Waterloo Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am freaking out and having serious doubts.. Wednesday come faster, please! :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad.

I am freaking out and having serious doubts.. Wednesday come faster, please! :annoyed:

me tooo :(. ugh i keep feeling like my gpa will not be good enough...does anyone know whether they revisit gpa in final considerations? or is it all interview and rc/wt?

me tooo :(. ugh i keep feeling like my gpa will not be good enough...does anyone know whether they revisit gpa in final considerations? or is it all interview and rc/wt?

Same here, we are on the same boat 78-79ish.. but like everyone said before, its a clean slate from after interview selections and its rare that they look at marks again

I'm nervous and excited.. but it needs to be Wednesday NOW!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, we are on the same boat 78-79ish.. but like everyone said before, its a clean slate from after interview selections and its rare that they look at marks again

I'm nervous and excited.. but it needs to be Wednesday NOW!

then why do they ask for our winter marks?

then why do they ask for our winter marks?

They just want to make sure you didn't have something go terribly awry in your last semester, I think. For example, they might want to make sure you hadn't failed a pre-requisite course for pharmacy you were completing in the winter semester.

Agree with above opinions: I think they only need our final transcript just to make sure we kept our marks relatively consistent relative to our academic history! And as they mentioned, they would barely look into our winter marks unless they notice something way off-track !!!!

And I'm totally with you guys, this wait is killing me one bit at a time... today, by far, was the worst day... I've super nervous all day thinking about pharmacy! I've been just eating like a cow and sleeping way too late but neither ease my stress :mad:

I'm just gonna go for a run now, maybe that'll shut down the pharmacy side of my brain :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe they'd look at a random test with questions about some article and a "mini essay" written on the spot over years of hard work in university classes.... they really don't consider gpa in the end?

i've been kinda busy with the playoffs these days.. hopefully the 15th will be a good day for us and for the canucks lol :D

who's up? i won't be able to sleep tonight

I find it hard to believe they'd look at a random test with questions about some article and a "mini essay" written on the spot over years of hard work in university classes.... they really don't consider gpa in the end?

Don't forget the interview though! And I think the GPA was just to qualify you to get to the interview RC/WT stage of the admissions process. I really wish GPA was taken into greater consideration in all actuality, but I digress.

i've been kinda busy with the playoffs these days.. hopefully the 15th will be a good day for us and for the canucks lol :D

who's up? i won't be able to sleep tonight

luckily for me, i'm exhausted from work, but I doubt i'll be able to sleep well tomorrow.

2 more sleeps! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
only if Waterloo knew what they are making us go through..

So close guys.... I really hope we all get accepted!

One more day until this anxious feeling goes away :thumbup:

it is going to be so hard to concentrate at work today. only a bit more than 24 hours now!

:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Ok, did anybody else have a dream last night that they got into Waterloo, and you were all excited and happy, then you woke up only to realize that never happened?? =(((

Ok, did anybody else have a dream last night that they got into Waterloo, and you were all excited and happy, then you woke up only to realize that never happened?? =(((

i've had that dream every night since the interview. :p

i don't think anyone should worry.. only the best for us will happen tmrw!

i've had that dream every night since the interview. :p

i don't think anyone should worry.. only the best for us will happen tmrw!

Really like that attitude :D Hopefully, we'll ALL be screaming joyfully this time tomorrow :p:p:p

Wow. If we consider the number of posts replied and the time frame, I wonder if this is the highest rate of posting that has ever happened. Just 1 day and the thread has gone from bottom of page17 to the bottom of page 18!

Wow. If we consider the number of posts replied and the time frame, I wonder if this is the highest rate of posting that has ever happened. Just 1 day and the thread has gone from bottom of page17 to the bottom of page 18!

too much "excitedness" :D

lol, I know... I guess this years applicants are very enthusiastic :) And yes, we have the longest Waterloo forum this year :D I wonder if we'll be in page 19 by the time we hear tomorrow!

Don't forget the interview though! And I think the GPA was just to qualify you to get to the interview RC/WT stage of the admissions process. I really wish GPA was taken into greater consideration in all actuality, but I digress.

While I agree with you about gpa, I'm kinda glad it's done the way it is. I know for me, my gpa in years 2-4 has been 3.6+ but I had a bad first year which puts me at a huge disadvantage in terms of cumulative gpa. I also think it's unfair to look only at cumulative gpa and not take into account improvement over the years...one of the many flaws of the selection process with many professional schools!!

Oh well, hopefully things work out well for everyone tomorrow!!! :)

While I agree with you about gpa, I'm kinda glad it's done the way it is. I know for me, my gpa in years 2-4 has been 3.6+ but I had a bad first year which puts me at a huge disadvantage in terms of cumulative gpa. I also think it's unfair to look only at cumulative gpa and not take into account improvement over the years...one of the many flaws of the selection process with many professional schools!!

Oh well, hopefully things work out well for everyone tomorrow!!! :)

Did you contact U of T regarding your delayed mark on the course? What did UofT say?

Did you contact U of T regarding your delayed mark on the course? What did UofT say?

Yup I did, they said it wouldn't affect my application but because they don't give conditional acceptance, provided that I meet all other requirements (gpa, interview, pcat) then they will put my application on hold until they receive confirmation that the course has been passed. Did u also have a similar problem ?

Does anyone know when Waterloo emails the decision
Usually

I actually dreamt that I DIDN'T get in... I woke up feeling soo sad.. I hope that's not the case tomorrow...

btw! yazahra89 you should do an hourly count down LOL .. some one said it would be 10am tmr right?

Damn it, I wasn't feeling the nervousness until now...im trying to study for an exam and I find myself checking my email/coming on sdn every 5 minutes half expecting someone to say acceptances are out early :( I feel so helpless...wishing tomorrow would just hurry up already :(

Last edited:
1 more day guys

WE WILL GET IN!!!!

I actually dreamt that I DIDN'T get in... I woke up feeling soo sad.. I hope that's not the case tomorrow...

btw! yazahra89 you should do an hourly count down LOL .. some one said it would be 10am tmr right?

I checked last year's thread and it was 10 am yeah

Gonna be so hard to sleep tonightttt

no kidding! i hope we all wake up to good news though. i really do feel like we all went through this together in a way! it'd be awesome if we could all be there in January. :)

Tomorrow by this time we will all know whether or not we will be the pharmacy class of 2015!! :clap: :wow: :claps: :uhno: :soexcited:
Time go faster!!

Had the same dream, over and over last night..BETTER not be the case tomorrow :p

so assuming the emails come out at 10 am tomorrow: 14 hours and 47 minutes left hehehehe :thumbup:

I had so much trouble sleeping last night..I would be surprised if I get any sleep tonight :S

no kidding! i hope we all wake up to good news though. i really do feel like we all went through this together in a way! it'd be awesome if we could all be there in January. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself, I honestly hope we all get in! :xf:

^ That would be awesome if we all got in together. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

^ That would be awesome if we all got in together. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It sure will be, I sincerely hope we all make it ;)

BTW, is everyone else planning to wake up by like 9.30 ish tomorrow so you would be awake the moment they're posted??? Or are you guys gonna sleep as much as you can and then wake up to see your offers?

BTW, is everyone else planning to wake up by like 9.30 ish tomorrow so you would be awake the moment they're posted??? Or are you guys gonna sleep as much as you can and then wake up to see your offers?

definitely waking up around 9:30!!!

I have my alarm set at 9:30! LOL

omfg, so excited like wtf!!
I've been pretty occupied working at a research lab the last few weeks but the anxiety has finally started to settle in. My veins are flowing with adrenaline every time I check my email and sdn.

I told my labmates about tomorrow, so they're buying alcohol to either celebrate or binge drink in sorrow.. :)

i know i won't sleep until noon tmrw i just knowww ittt

Guys, something is wrong with me.

I check quest like 10 times a day hoping to see an offer of admission..

Wednesday, come faster!!

omfg, so excited like wtf!!
I've been pretty occupied working at a research lab the last few weeks but the anxiety has finally started to settle in. My veins are flowing with adrenaline every time I check my email and sdn.

I told my labmates about tomorrow, so they're buying alcohol to either celebrate or binge drink in sorrow.. :)

That's exactly what my plans are for tomorrow evening ahahha

I think I'm gona try to sleep in till 11 :p

lol I've been reading the recent posts on this thread and I just wanted to wish you all the best of luck tomorrow on the offers. Waterloo should be honored to have such students in their pharmacy class. Good luck everyone, you are only hours away from accepting you acceptance offer :D

Just signed up to wish everyone good luck tomorrow. I hope you all get in and I can see all your faces next year when school starts up! The nerves have been shot but it'll all be worth it in the end. Hopefully this is the start of something amazing over the next 4 years!

GOOD LUCK everyone!!:D