Waterloo University Pharmacy applicants Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi there, there's a UW FB housing page that you can use to connect with other Pharm students, but most of the students in the group are non-Pharm students (note you need a UW email to access this page). Later on this summer, announcements will be sent about a student housing page on FB specifically for Pharmacy students or those wishing to live close to the Pharmacy building (will have to be invited into this group after getting your offer).
There actually is a pharmacy student-specific housing board on Facebook (SOPhS Housing Board) that you may find helpful if you get in! Best of Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hello, is there any news on final admissions yet?
Wait until the Thursday 13th and check Waterloo Quest webpage. I am expecting the decisions to come out in the morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got Admitted!!! Still did not receive an email tho, did anyone get the email yet?

Got admitted. Where is our Rx2023 Facebook page? XD

Mine still says ‘application’ under status. Has anyone else’s admission status not changed yet?

Mine still says ‘application’ under status. Has anyone else’s admission status not changed yet?
Just received an email - I’ve been waitlisted. Quest admission decision still says “application.”

Since I got accepted too, I will share my stats cause.... I hope future applicants will find this info useful.

This cycle is my 1st time applying to U of Waterloo pharmacy.

Academics: I am an U of T grad with Bachelor degree and cGPA (U of T) of 3.38. Then, I decided to do Masters in U of Alberta, but I withdrew from graduate program after 10 months in and took 2 pre-reqs in U of Alberta as open studies student to apply for U of Waterloo and other Canadian schools. In U of T, my 3rd year was a full course load (10 half-year courses) and 4th year was not full load (8 half-year courses). I had a credit course without marks, and a late-withdrawal course in 4th year. Lastly, I took an online English course from U of Athabasca which I had to do it twice because I neglected to do it once. As you can see, my academic is wacky and I went to 3 difference universities.

Pharmacy Admission Information Form (AIF): Not much to say here except I felt good after writing about myself.

Experience: I started volunteering in a local pharmacy found through Indeed.ca for 1 year (20 hours a week). Then, I moved to working for assistant to different pharmacy for 10 months until now (30~35 hours a week). I don't know if it is full-time though. Waterloo says working full-time for some time is ideal.

Reference: Got one from a pharmacist I volunteered with.

CASPer Test: I did it this year first time ever, but it was same as U of Toronto's MMI without the cooperation and acting sessions. and also being digital. I did not ace it but felt alright after finishing it. I did practice with 4 sample CASPer, tests and honestly, those practice tests helped me a lot in terms of what to expect.

Actual Interview: I was able to answer all questions interviewers asked. They seemed to be all easy going. So, that helped me relax a little bit and show myself as who I was. Initial self-presentation session went well until I forgot what I memorized. So, I couldn't say anything for 15 seconds in the middle, trying to think, but I pulled it off 'cause memory came back. Overall, unique experience for me.

Fundamental Skills Assessment (FSA): Math was easy. Writing was pretty easy as well. Reading was hard. I think I did worst on.

All the best wishes to future applicants!!

Last edited:
3rd year UofT pharmacy student here, just wanted to share some thoughts that I wish I'd known before starting pharmacy.
1567520660003.png