University of Washington Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm from Denver and was interviewed in late march. I was told I would receive a response in late april, but an acceptance letter was emailed to me a couple days ago.

Lucky to whoever is on the waitlist - I'll be attending my UCHSC here in Denver where I was also accepted :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Denver and was interviewed in late march. I was told I would receive a response in late april, but an acceptance letter was emailed to me a couple days ago.

Lucky to whoever is on the waitlist - I'll be attending my UCHSC here in Denver where I was also accepted :)

I see. I was thinking of doing the opposite if I got accepted to UW

I see. I was thinking of doing the opposite if I got accepted to UW

It was a toughy to decide for sure. I had pondered both ways for a long time (even before receiving any acceptances) and really I think the two are fairly equal. UW has a better reputation I think, which is why i was so surprised with how awesome CU is (now that I've seen it in action a few times). I wouldn't be surprised if CU outranks UW over the next few years now that they have the new campus as well.

Plus I don't have to move or try to sell my house in the crappy Denver market right now :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just flew back from Seattle today. I had my interview Tuesday. I think it went well!

so can you get to UW from the airport on the buses? the cab fare wasn't unexpected i guess, just kind of painful

so can you get to UW from the airport on the buses? the cab fare wasn't unexpected i guess, just kind of painful

Hey whats up jonny. I think I interviewed the same day as you. how'd your interview go?

Seattle has a great bus system. I took the bus back from school. (I wasn't about to pay another $40 to get back to the airport.) The 174 goes from the airport to the city and you can take any of the 70 buses back to the school (71, 72, 73, 74... anything really.) It's only $1.50 and a lot of students take it, so you'll be able to meet people that way too. I found out there was a Kanye West Concert in Seattle Wednesday night and the buses were packed.

in fact if you are a student at UW you can get a upass that allows you to ride the bus for free (the pass is like $44 and is included in tuition but pays for itself very quickly)

so how did all the recent interviews go? my three on the panel were amazing and so friendly. we were laughing most of the time.

so how did all the recent interviews go? my three on the panel were amazing and so friendly. we were laughing most of the time.

i don't know. i guess if i don't post here again, that probably means i didn't get in

look on the bright side, you had an interview, and stand a fair chance.

Does anyone know information about how many people UW interviewed this year and how many applicants there were?

Does anyone know information about how many people UW interviewed this year and how many applicants there were?

I asked one of the faculty (she wasn't an interviewer or admissions person) and she said she thinks about 800-900 apps and about 250 interview invites with around 200 people actually interviewing. Anyone have more accurate numbers?

Just curious did anybody get in without a degree during the early admissions in March? Sophomore/Junior standing?

And wow on the 800-900 apps... I believe this is due to WSU upping their prerequisites this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in without a degree am a junior but I got my acceptance mid april

I got in early March without a degree. I'm a junior.

200 interviews this year? They usually only do around 150. No wonder I got an interview! LOL

well I went on the site and it seems like the past three years have been around 150 for 86 spots? I'm not sure.

I got in early March without a degree. I'm a junior.

Also AndrewatUW

What were your gpas, pcat, extracurriculars?

I'm just curious how much they are weighing in GPA and other things for those who don't have degrees yet.

Also AndrewatUW

What were your gpas, pcat, extracurriculars?

I'm just curious how much they are weighing in GPA and other things for those who don't have degrees yet.

Here are my stats:

GPA- 3.88
PCAT- Composite: 96 (Chem: 97, Verbal: 94)
Extracurriculars- Pharmacy volunteer, hospital volunteer, tutoring, lab assistant, pharmacy assistant, pre-pharm club, and piano

Here are my stats:

GPA- 3.88
PCAT- Composite: 96 (Chem: 97, Verbal: 94)
Extracurriculars- Pharmacy volunteer, hospital volunteer, tutoring, lab assistant, pharmacy assistant, pre-pharm club, and piano

Wow that is very impressive. Yeah it makes sense now how they approach the non-degree applicants. I have almost identical extracurriculars but lower gpa/pcat, admission in march, junior standing.

Where did you do your undergrad?

Hey everyone!

I haven't posted here in so long. I received an interview invitation (via phone) March 12th, interviewed March 31st, and just received my acceptance email today!

I am really honored to be accepted at UW. However, I've decided to attend UCSF instead. I was so set on Seattle at first, but something about my interview experience at UCSF changed my mind. I hope this frees up a spot for one of you that hasn't heard yet! Best of luck to you all. :luck:

my stats are

gpa - 3.24
PCAT 89
1 year volunteering in clinical pharmacy
1 year undergrad research at UW

I think my interview helped me a lot b/c I was interviewed late March so was after the halfway point for interviews meaning my stats aren't the greatest.

Ok lets see my stats....I had an interview last Tuesday, so stats aren't really something they look at as a major thing I'm guessing lol. You'll understand after my stats are put on here. You just need to know a lot about pharmacy if your stats aren't the greatest. I never studied for my undergrad so that's why my pcat was horrible.

Pcat-59
GPA-3.4
Math/Science GPA 3.0

5 years Walgreens' Pharmacy, 4 years nationally certified pharmacy technician. A professor asked me to talk about amoxicillin at the interview and he said he was very impressed, knew more than some of his students lol.
I will be 22 at the start of class. I'm sure age makes a difference too.

Age is not important I am 21 and got in and know of people that were 20 when they were accepted. UW wants mature applicants but that does not mean you have to be old to get accepted.

Yes, I am saying the younger the better, not the older lol.

Wow that is very impressive. Yeah it makes sense now how they approach the non-degree applicants. I have almost identical extracurriculars but lower gpa/pcat, admission in march, junior standing.

Where did you do your undergrad?

I'm currently doing undergrad at UW.

my stats are

gpa - 3.24
PCAT 89
1 year volunteering in clinical pharmacy
1 year undergrad research at UW

I think my interview helped me a lot b/c I was interviewed late March so was after the halfway point for interviews meaning my stats aren't the greatest.

Nice! What type of research did you do?

You know whats strange, I was originally denied from the UW undergraduate program, but 3 years later they let me into their pharmacy program :laugh:. Guess it worked out!

My stats were:

GPA: 3.14
PCAT: 92
Experience 1 1/2 years pharmacy assistant, 1 year as a pharmaceutical representative w/Pfizer.
B.S: Biochemistry, Chemistry minor from University of WA.

My stats were:

GPA: 3.14
PCAT: 92
Experience 1 1/2 years pharmacy assistant, 1 year as a pharmaceutical representative w/Pfizer.
B.S: Biochemistry, Chemistry minor from University of WA.

I'm an old man at 26, and married as well, lol!

Us old people will have to stick together, lol.

Nice! What type of research did you do?

You know whats strange, I was originally denied from the UW undergraduate program, but 3 years later they let me into their pharmacy program :laugh:. Guess it worked out!

I did research on saccades (rapid eye movements) and how they are related to activity in the cerebellum

Us old folk should have a weekly happy hour run. :D

but I'm sure you wouldn't be admitted without proof of medicare card haha.

I am an applicant this year and was put on waitlist for UNC. So, here I am working to strengthen my application for the next year. While I was looking at schools pre-reqs, many schools require you to have human anatomy, or human anatomy and physiology. I was wondering what courses are equivalent to those classes above? I am planning on taking summer courses at UW.

I am an applicant this year and was put on waitlist for UNC. So, here I am working to strengthen my application for the next year. While I was looking at schools pre-reqs, many schools require you to have human anatomy, or human anatomy and physiology. I was wondering what courses are equivalent to those classes above? I am planning on taking summer courses at UW.

Although UW is a big school, we actually don't offer anatomy or physiology. There is one anatomy course (only 1 quarter) for lower level undergraduates, i forgot the course number, bio 116? or so, but i doubt that others school will count that. So i think you should take it at a community college or nearby universities.

actually UW does offer anatomy and physiology they are just separate classes physiology is biol 118 animal physiology is biol 404 foundations of physiology is biol 350 i can't remember which course numbers are anatomy though

Good thing about UW is that they don't require Physics which was just the worst subject in the World.

actually UW does offer anatomy and physiology they are just separate classes physiology is biol 118 animal physiology is biol 404 foundations of physiology is biol 350 i can't remember which course numbers are anatomy though

The anatomy class is a bit difficult to find because it's not under the biology course listings, it's under the school of medicine at UW. It's Biology Structures 301: General Anatomy. Unfortunately, it's only offered in Spring me thinks.