University of Washington Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

googleit

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have any of you submitted the supplemental application for UW? The reason I ask because on page 2 of the supplemental application is says that the school begins to accept the supp. app. as early as November. Of course I read this after the fact that I just finished the application. I would rather not have it just sitting around and send it in since its completed.

Members don't see this ad.

Have any of you submitted the supplemental application for UW? The reason I ask because on page 2 of the supplemental application is says that the school begins to accept the supp. app. as early as November. Of course I read this after the fact that I just finished the application. I would rather not have it just sitting around and send it in since its completed.

I saw that too, but I haven't finished mine yet. I'm not sure what I'll do if I finish it early, but given that so many other schools I'm applying to have earlier deadlines, I'll probably be working on those supplementals between now and November anyway! ;) But maybe just email them and ask? I'm sure they wouldn't throw it out or anything, they'll probably just stick it in a pile with other early applications (I'm sure you're not the only one). Are you a WA resident? I really want to go to UW, but since I'm from California, I'm just hoping for the best!

I'm not a WA resident either and I'm also from California. I wanted to finish all my supplemental applications at once just because I was working on the supplemental applications for the other schools which have earlier deadlines. I didn't want to take a break in the process since I was able to clear my writer's block. I sent in my application yesterday and hoping for the best. Good luck with your applications!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a WA resident either and I'm also from California. I wanted to finish all my supplemental applications at once just because I was working on the supplemental applications for the other schools which have earlier deadlines. I didn't want to take a break in the process since I was able to clear my writer's block. I sent in my application yesterday and hoping for the best. Good luck with your applications!

That's awesome...I've run into writer's block on the UCSF supplemental. But I keep trying to brainstorm and see where it takes me. :) Good luck to you too!

Has anyone heard anything from UW yet? I e-submitted my pharmcas application in october, and finished my supplemental in November. I did receive an e-mail saying they received my supplemental, and they said they would e-mail again when the application package is complete. Anyone hear about their application being complete yet?

Has anyone heard anything from UW yet? I e-submitted my pharmcas application in october, and finished my supplemental in November. I did receive an e-mail saying they received my supplemental, and they said they would e-mail again when the application package is complete. Anyone hear about their application being complete yet?

I also received that e-mail (12/07/07), but I haven't gotten the full application confirmation yet either, and my submit dates were similar to yours. It's hard to wait! ...buuuut they're probably swamped right now, so it may be a few weeks, I'm guessing.

I received an e-mail from UW on 10/31 saying my supplemental application was complete. I mailed it in at the beginning of October. I have not heard anything from UW since the 10/31 e-mail....I am a WA state resident....

I've just sent my supplemental to the school a week ago. Does anyone know how long it would take for me to receive the confirmation email saying they have got my application?
I spent extra money for "certified" letter, but for some reason I cannot track my material. does anyone have that problem also?

are you still considering in sending your app to UW? and are you going to fly to UW for the interview? i noticed you have already been admitted to 3 pharm schools here in cali that's why. congrats btw!!! :)

I've just sent my supplemental to the school a week ago. Does anyone know how long it would take for me to receive the confirmation email saying they have got my application?
I spent extra money for "certified" letter, but for some reason I cannot track my material. does anyone have that problem also?

My supplemental was delivered on Nov 24 at 5:34 am (yeah, I paid extra to get it tracked, too) and I got the e-mail on Dec 7. So, about two weeks?

I don't know why you're not able to track yours. Did you use USPS?

Yes, I did sent my supplemental through USPS. I am going to have to call today and ask UWSOP whether they have received it. Thank you for the info parabolic.

Is anyone on here applying to the PharmD/PhD program? Just wondering if I'm the only crazy one...

NateAZSD,
I plan to do the same thing, or one of their Masters programs....but I am waiting to see if I get accepted in to the PharmD before I make any decisions....

Members don't see this ad :)
Sea pharm,

Nice...I may look into the masters programs too. As of now I am applying to the Med-chem PhD program. Haven't quite finished my app yet, but I am taking the GRE on Monday and plan on wrapping things up in the next couple of weeks. I am also really interested in the PA program. I think the deadline for the PhD programs is on 1/15. Not sure about the masters program though.

Here is a question... does UW have a dress code?

Is anyone on here applying to the PharmD/PhD program? Just wondering if I'm the only crazy one...

The option to do so was actually one of the main attractions of the school to me. Of course I'd have to get in first.......and to do that I'd have to finish my stupid second essay......

I finally sent in my supplemental application this morning. I would absolutely LOVE to attend UW so I am hoping that my essays will help me out! Good luck to everyone, and definitely post whenever you hear from them (I will too)! Now I'm just going to anxiously wait and hope I get an interview! :)

UW doesn't have rolling admissions. As long as you submit your PharmCAS and supplemental applications before the deadline you should be good.

Hey guys,

I am just finishing up my two essays for the PharmD program and my statement of purpose for the Medicinal Chemistry PhD program. Looking at my essays, I am contemplating whether or not I should even mention my intent to apply as a dual degree candidate on the PharmD essay. If I don't get accepted to the PhD program, then I would still like to be considered as a PharmD candidate. Does you guys think it would help me or hurt me by indicating my intentions on the PharmD essay?

I just got an email saying that my file is completed. Both Pharmcas and sup. I mailed my sup @ the beginning of Dec.

I just got an email saying that my file is completed. Both Pharmcas and sup. I mailed my sup @ the beginning of Dec.

I also received that status e-mail, and unfortunately they are missing something that was sent out months ago. Cue a flurry of phone calls tomorrow to track down what happened... :(

so it takes about three weeks before they send out the status email?

anybody hear anything from UW?

thanks

I received an e-mail on 1/10 telling me my application was complete and that they are reviewing it. I had revieved a similar e-mail on 10/31, so I am not sure if this is a good sign......

I also got an e-mail on 1/10 also saying that my application was complete and being reviewed. A long time ago, (I can't find the e-mail), I had another e-mail saying it was complete too. I think it was back in October also? So, Sea Pharm, you aren't alone on that one! Hopefully not a bad sign for the both of us...

i only got one email in december saying my application is complete

I also got an e-mail on 1/10 also saying that my application was complete and being reviewed. A long time ago, (I can't find the e-mail), I had another e-mail saying it was complete too. I think it was back in October also? So, Sea Pharm, you aren't alone on that one! Hopefully not a bad sign for the both of us...

Thank you for the confirmation :). I guess we will just wait and see...

Hmm, I haven't heard anything from them yet! Do you think I should give them a call this week and check up? I didn't want to bother them, since I'm sure they are very busy. I know they received the app back in December because they cashed my check, but I find it strange that I haven't received any confirmation directly from them. Who was the email from?

I've been getting a lot of those confirmation e-mails as well. I have about three saved up. Though just today, I got a new email from Cher asking me to call for an interview date. W00T

I have an interview at UW next Wednesday!!! Yippeee.....

I still haven't received anything :( Do they send out rejection at the same time as interview?

Would you guys be okie with sharing your Stat? :)

Thanks

A question to those who have been asked to interview...has Pharmcas said they have received your updated transcripts from the fall?

when did you guys send in your apps?

oh and are you out of state or in state?

I sent in my app relatively early, around November 5th. Pharmcas has received my updated transcript for the fall as well, and I'm in-state.

... hoping...

Congrats on the interview! I'm a P1 at UW and went through the whole process last year. Don't feel discouraged if you haven't heard anything back yet. They have many applications to look through and I don't think they started looking at apps until after the deadline, which was the beginning of the month. I didn't hear back from them until the beginning of Feb last year. After I got the email that they were reviewing my application, I got a phone call for an interview a couple of days later. If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Oh, I'm very glad to hear that you didn't hear back until early Feb last year. I started to get all worried as soon as I saw that people were getting interviews! I haven't even received a confirmation about my file being complete. Maybe they are waiting on my academic update from PharmCAS? Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! :) Were you an out-of-state or in-state applicant?

Let's see:
1. I am a WA resident of 1 yr (I did my undergrad in WA at a private school, but you know how residency goes)
2. I turned my sup in in October
3. I have a 3.6 GPA, 88 PCAT, volunteer in a hospital pharmacy and work in clinical research. I also have 2 other volunteer jobs, mental health related---which is where I plan to take my pharm career.
4. yes, my academic update has been sent out
5. I was surprised to get an interview!

Good luck to everyone and let me know if you have any questions about Seattle travel :)

Oh, I'm very glad to hear that you didn't hear back until early Feb last year. I started to get all worried as soon as I saw that people were getting interviews! I haven't even received a confirmation about my file being complete. Maybe they are waiting on my academic update from PharmCAS? Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! :) Were you an out-of-state or in-state applicant?

I am an in state applicant who did undergrad at UW. There are quite a few out of state students in my class, so if you're worried about that, don't be. I think that most of the out of state people got later interviews though.

tigger, do you mind sharing what ur stats were? Thanks.

I am an in state applicant who did undergrad at UW. There are quite a few out of state students in my class, so if you're worried about that, don't be. I think that most of the out of state people got later interviews though.

Okay, good to know about the later interviews. It could also be that I sent in my supplemental a bit later (mid-December)...I was being too much of a perfectionist with my essays. I am just so nervous that I won't even be invited to interview, and it's my dream school!! :( I'll try to be patient. Half the time these forums are awesome, but the other half they drive you nuts knowing that someone else has heard from your school and you haven't! Aughhh! I tried to inquire about my status but Cher said they are still evaluating things so it might be awhile before I hear. I am just on the edge of my chair, ya know? Oh well. Have you enjoyed your experiences at UW so far? Anything in particular that you've liked/disliked?

Okay, good to know about the later interviews. It could also be that I sent in my supplemental a bit later (mid-December)...I was being too much of a perfectionist with my essays. I am just so nervous that I won't even be invited to interview, and it's my dream school!! :( I'll try to be patient. Half the time these forums are awesome, but the other half they drive you nuts knowing that someone else has heard from your school and you haven't! Aughhh! I tried to inquire about my status but Cher said they are still evaluating things so it might be awhile before I hear. I am just on the edge of my chair, ya know? Oh well. Have you enjoyed your experiences at UW so far? Anything in particular that you've liked/disliked?

I too submitted my app in mid December and I have only received the status email. However, I am not too worried yet nor should you be. I work with a recent UW grad and he said he interviewed on the last interview slot in April. Since this is not a rolling admission school I think we just need to be patient...

I too submitted my app in mid December and I have only received the status email. However, I am not too worried yet nor should you be. I work with a recent UW grad and he said he interviewed on the last interview slot in April. Since this is not a rolling admission school I think we just need to be patient...

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to try to be patient! It seems like UW takes longer than a lot of other schools to review apps and let us know about interviews...I guess because their deadline is later than other places I'm applying. So they probably won't send out admissions decisions until April anyway? That seems like SOOOO long to wait! I'm too impatient to be an applicant! :p

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing soon!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think of the program after you've actually met with people there. :luck:

Thanks for posting that. I'm going to try to be patient! It seems like UW takes longer than a lot of other schools to review apps and let us know about interviews...I guess because their deadline is later than other places I'm applying. So they probably won't send out admissions decisions until April anyway? That seems like SOOOO long to wait! I'm too impatient to be an applicant! :p

Good luck to everyone who is interviewing soon!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think of the program after you've actually met with people there. :luck:

I'm also a P1 at UW this year, and I know that they started the interviews a bit later because there are many more applicants this year. Last year, they started to send acceptance letters around March, but they were still interviewing at the time. So if you still haven't heard in a month or two, don't get discouraged, especially if you're out of state. Like someone mentioned before, most out-of-staters get interviewed later, and many of my classmates did get late interviews, but still got in.

FYI, my stats were
gpa: 3.6
PCAT: 95
experience: volunteered at a hospital pharmacy for 1 year and worked in a lab for a year
and i am in state

feel free to ask any questions about the school, program, etc.