University of Washington Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:scared: Being this is my second time applying, it is no wonder how nervous I am. Looks like the First wave is out. I wonder if this is continuous?

Good luck everyone! :luck:

djaborgen: hey all, the first wave of accepted will receive letters (and probably emails) within 10 days...

its happening fast...

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview scheduled for March 25th. I've been anticipating this interview for several years now.

Members don't see this ad :)
whoa whoa KnittyTurtle...I don't think the first "wave" has gone out yet. I noticed (as of today) there is only one other person on this forum who has got a yes, and i'm guessing there were extenuating circumstances why some people may have heard "early."

I'm pretty sure (and I hypothesize a lot round here) that the first wave will include a good number of people around this board, not just two.

From my understanding, there are only a few early offers given in the month of Feb/March. The majority of letters are sent out after their final meeting, which occurs in late April/May.

UW is not rolling admissions, so there is still plenty of time for everyone to hear back, especially if they're out of state - who for some reason, get interviewed later. I think they're just trying to assess everyone fairly after reviewing all candidates, which takes time. The first true waves will probably start occurring late March/ early April when the committees have a better idea of the overall candidate pool.

Good luck to everyone that applied! In the meantime, relax and don't stress out too much. After my interview, I just played a lot of Halo and sampled varying beers from my local 76.

From my understanding, there are only a few early offers given in the month of Feb/March. The majority of letters are sent out after their final meeting, which occurs in late April/May.

UW is not rolling admissions, so there is still plenty of time for everyone to hear back, especially if they're out of state - who for some reason, get interviewed later. I think they're just trying to assess everyone fairly after reviewing all candidates, which takes time. The first true waves will probably start occurring late March/ early April when the committees have a better idea of the overall candidate pool.

Good luck to everyone that applied! In the meantime, relax and don't stress out too much. After my interview, I just played a lot of Halo and sampled varying beers from my local 76.

I am an out-stater. I received one email yesterday saying that my application is now complete and they have started reviewing it.

:thumbup: k. Thanks Street Spirit! Hope to see you in class this Sept. :D Are you thinking about internship yet?

I got my acceptance e-mail today! The wait is over! Good luck to everyone :)

I got my acceptance letter today too! See you guys in class! :)

I have to admit, I am a little jealous of all who have gotten in:D But congrats! Telly324, when was your interview?

I also got the acceptance letter today! I'm so excited! Looking forward to meeting you all. :)

Ps, I'm an in-state student, and stats are in my profile.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm excited to meet you all, congrats!

If anyone has huge worries about their stats, i'll share mine, since they are not that great. I had 84 overall in the pcat and 3.49 gpa. I'm sure glad they looked past my "reading comprehesion" score.

edit: and spelling for that matter.

My interview was in early February.

I have my UW interview tommorrow, they notified me 7 days ago, and I've been nervous this entire week.

I'm local to Seattle, but a very recent transplant from east-coast.
This was my top choice last round of apps...(still is)

My stats are average, experience above average.
I work right at UWMC would that make any difference?
I'm hoping for the best :idea: I can't handle a third round of these applications

I have my UW interview tommorrow, they notified me 7 days ago, and I've been nervous this entire week.

I'm local to Seattle, but a very recent transplant from east-coast.
This was my top choice last round of apps...(still is)

My stats are average, experience above average.
I work right at UWMC would that make any difference?
I'm hoping for the best :idea: I can't handle a third round of these applications

Good luck! They're very nice and will make you feel that they care about what you care about :)

I am an in state student, but I did not do my undergrad at UW. 3.6 GPA, 89 PCAT, have volunteered in a hospital pharmacy for < 1 yr, currently work in clinical research (prospective research and drug trials). Yes, it was a miracle I got in! I can't wait for the program to begin :)

I just found out I'm in! Look forward to meeting the rest of you. We should start a facebook group :)

Thanks! My interview was March 7th. Good luck to the rest of you!

Thanks! My interview was March 7th. Good luck to the rest of you!

Rats! I was hoping the reason I hadn't heard anything yet is because my interview was recent (29th of Feb). But since you interviewed an entire week later, that isn't the case. Oh well... I am hoping that you were just so spectacular that they had to accept you right away, and that my acceptance is coming a bit later... a girl can hope, right?

If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?

well actually I received an acceptance from another university and called to see where I stood in the process. They said I would be accepted and will receive my letter next week. So don't worry you still have time.

My stats are 3.60 cum. 93 composite pcat score ~1 year experience in retail pharmacy.

well actually I received an acceptance from another university and called to see where I stood in the process. They said I would be accepted and will receive my letter next week. So don't worry you still have time.

My stats are 3.60 cum. 93 composite pcat score ~1 year experience in retail pharmacy.

Oh I see. Great stats, no wonder they accepted you. Out of curiousity, when you called them, did they have to call you back? Or did they already have in their file that you'd been accepted? Sorry for all the questions, but I am going crazy.

I interviewed on March 17, and I figure it' will be atleast early to mid April before I hear back. I am really hoping to be accepted and look forward to meeting everyone who will be part of the class of 2012.

Oh I see. Great stats, no wonder they accepted you. Out of curiousity, when you called them, did they have to call you back? Or did they already have in their file that you'd been accepted? Sorry for all the questions, but I am going crazy.

Ugh!!! I hear you Careypotpie. I had my interview on the 28th....and thought "still processing" K. 2 weeks from now, I'll give them a phone call....just 2 weeks....hopefully I won't go crazy by then.

I got interviewed, nothing yet as well. I've only been waiting 1 1/2 weeks though :)

Just curious for those who did already get in, did any of you send thank you letters? I have a friend that got into both wsu and uw and they sent thank you letters. Just curious if this is a trend.

I sent a thank you letter to my interview panel. I just thought that it was something courteous to do, and one additional way I could leave a positive impression with the admissions committee.

I received an interview invite today (via phone call)... I am turning it down though. Although I really like UW, I have been accepted to UNM and MWU-CPG, which are both more convenient location-wise (I am out of state, AZ).

I hope this frees up an interview spot for someone deserving... gluck all!

i'm excited to meet you all, congrats!

If anyone has huge worries about their stats, i'll share mine, since they are not that great. I had 84 overall in the pcat and 3.49 gpa. I'm sure glad they looked past my "reading comprehesion" score.

edit: and spelling for that matter.

Haha, my reading comprehension percentile was horrendous. I did all right raw score wise, but everyone does well on it that any mistake brings you down greatly.

i just got a status check on my application and they said my application right now is incomplete because apparently they called one of my references(i dont know which one) and couldn't reach him. what should i do? My research reference is going to be hard to get a hold of because he is always traveling around the country for medical committee meetings and what not...

Oh holy cow teclhie!

-Just curious, does PharmCAS shows that person's LOR "complete"?

-Is UW willing to take another person's LOR?

-Lastly, send an email to that person asking them to call UW ASAP (or at their convience, but sooner the better), and be sure to include UWpharm phone number.

Good Luck!

Oh holy cow teclhie!

-Just curious, does PharmCAS shows that person's LOR "complete"?

-Is UW willing to take another person's LOR?

-Lastly, send an email to that person asking them to call UW ASAP (or at their convience, but sooner the better), and be sure to include UWpharm phone number.

Good Luck!

Yeh it's been complete. It is my academic reference which is the guy that is really hard to reach. I listed him as my PI and he signed my LOR. The reason I chose him was because of his title. He is a really "important" person and is very very busy with all sorts of stuff(Director of UCLA's Urologic department, owns biotech companies, owns the lab i work in, in alot of medical committees all over the world, etc...) blahhhhhhhhhh..I think I shot myself in the leg for choosing a high profile guy.=(

i just got a status check on my application and they said my application right now is incomplete because apparently they called one of my references(i dont know which one) and couldn't reach him. what should i do? My research reference is going to be hard to get a hold of because he is always traveling around the country for medical committee meetings and what not...

how did you check? did you just call the school directly and ask for your application's status?

UGh! That really sucks.... Sorry to repeat my question, will UW be willing to accept another ref? :confused:

Yeh it's been complete. It is my academic reference which is the guy that is really hard to reach. I listed him as my PI and he signed my LOR. The reason I chose him was because of his title. He is a really "important" person and is very very busy with all sorts of stuff(Director of UCLA's Urologic department, owns biotech companies,

"owns the lab i work in"

, in alot of medical committees all over the world, etc...) blahhhhhhhhhh..I think I shot myself in the leg for choosing a high profile guy.=(

Oh poop! This may be why it's incomplete. In fine print it says "Academic references inlcude: yada yada with whom you have taken a course, or an official academic advisor who may comment on your academic abilities."

I guess, I leave with this question, did UW state exactly why it's incomplete? Is it simply that they can't contact your ref?

Oh poop! This may be why it's incomplete. In fine print it says "Academic references inlcude: yada yada with whom you have taken a course, or an official academic advisor who may comment on your academic abilities."

I guess, I leave with this question, did UW state exactly why it's incomplete? Is it simply that they can't contact your ref?

Simply they can not get a hold of him. And I am aware that working in a research lab at school may not seem "academic", but believe me, the stuff one learns in a lab (PCR, gel electrophoresis, transformation, DNA digestion, blah blah blah) is very academic and anyone of my PI"s or supevisors can comment on my academic abilities

I agree, it does require a lot of knowledge to work in a lab. I too work in a lab and have been for the past 4 years. I just thought maybe UW didn't see him as an academic advisor.

I guess the solution is to email him and asking him to contact the school. gl :)

I think I'll apply to Harborview or Swedish hospital for an internship.
From what I am told by those who have worked there in the past, Harborview is a great learning environment. You are given projects and it is intended as a learning/training experience. At Swedish, the people I know told me they just ended up doing tech work. Also, to get a spot at Harborview, you typically have to start during P1 year or volunteer beforehand. They don't usually take other students, because they have a structured program. Those I know who worked at UWMC were also not very happy with the experience.

Is anyone applying from Tacoma?

I just got accepted to the UW program and I'm very surprised.

I have a 3.43 GPA, 94 PCAT and absolutely no pharmacy experience at all (not even a job shadow) nor did I even volunteer anywhere. Whats more surprising is that I thought my interview went horribly!

From what I am told by those who have worked there in the past, Harborview is a great learning environment. You are given projects and it is intended as a learning/training experience. At Swedish, the people I know told me they just ended up doing tech work. Also, to get a spot at Harborview, you typically have to start during P1 year or volunteer beforehand. They don't usually take other students, because they have a structured program. Those I know who worked at UWMC were also not very happy with the experience.

Is anyone applying from Tacoma?

I am from Tacoma. I am still waiting for a response from UW.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! YESSSSSSSSSSS! Just got an email! :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

I just got accepted to the UW program and I'm very surprised.

I have a 3.43 GPA, 94 PCAT and absolutely no pharmacy experience at all (not even a job shadow) nor did I even volunteer anywhere. Whats more surprising is that I thought my interview went horribly!

I felt the same way! I came out of the interview with a huge headache, next day I got sick.... It was definitely worth it though.

Congrats everyone! I didn't hear anything, so sad. I had called a few days ago to check my status and they said I wouldn't know until after the final meeting so sounds like I am in a hold bin of some sort. I am just hoping that there are a ton of spots left to fill, doesn't seem like it with all the new acceptances though.

Congrats again though! Must be so exciting.

I felt the same way! I came out of the interview with a huge headache, next day I got sick.... It was definitely worth it though.

Haha I actually blurted out: "I don't know much about this profession" in the interview. I thought I was pretty much done once that came out of my mouth...

Hey CareyPot, no worries! Last year I was on the waiting list #25!! :scared: And they went all the waaaaaaaay down to #24!!! Yep, I missed pharm school by 1 person.

Hey CareyPot, no worries! Last year I was on the waiting list #25!! :scared: And they went all the waaaaaaaay down to #24!!! Yep, I missed pharm school by 1 person.

Wow, that is a lot of wait list acceptances! I don't think that is common though for UW, anyone know for sure? Out of curiousity, KnittyTurtle, since you went through the experience this year and last year, how do you think you were better as an applicant this year?