University of St Augustine summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know how the interview is set up? Is it one on one..like one interviewer with one applicant? Or is it a group interview..like one interviewer with mutilple applicants? If group interview, how many other applicants is arranged with one interviewer?

The interview is at the Austin tx campus

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how the interview is set up? Is it one on one..like one interviewer with one applicant? Or is it a group interview..like one interviewer with mutilple applicants? If group interview, how many other applicants is arranged with one interviewer?

From all that I've seen on this forum, it is typically 1:2 or 1:3 interviewer to applicants

I'm also interviewing on Friday and I believe we are the last interview group they'll have for the summer cohort. Based off an early message in this thread I think they are holding off on making most of the decision until after this last interview group!
I'm interviewing on the 16th of Feb and got confirmation that it is still for the summer term... so Its not looking good for me haha (San Marcos campus)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

It is a group interview. I had 2 other applicants in the room with me. The rest had one other applicant in the room with them.

Does anyone know if we can take a notepad, pen, purse, etc. in with us? I saw in a previous thread awhile back that you couldn't take anything in with you for an interview.

Yes you may! I took in a padfolio and a small purse. Good luck! :)

Is St. Augustine Austin, TX campus summer 2018 start date May 10th?

Did you guys interview before the acceptance? I have and interview on Jan 26 in St Augustine. Hoping the school isn't full before I even interview :(
Yeah we did we got acceptance emails a couple weeks after the interview but I think they are still trying to fill the cohort so you should be fine!

I'm also interviewing on Friday and I believe we are the last interview group they'll have for the summer cohort. Based off an early message in this thread I think they are holding off on making most of the decision until after this last interview group!
Dang, I was told this was the first set of interview dates for the summer start in St Aug.

Their e-mail said staff "cannot accept additional items associated with your academic file" so that probably means don't bring copies of your resume or anything like that.
I asked and they said feel free to bring a pen and paper if you want. you just have to carry everything you bring

Dang, I was told this was the first set of interview dates for the summer start in St Aug.
I think it still is the first one for the st. Augustine campus bacongirl was accepted to San Marco.

I think it still is the first one for the st. Augustine campus bacongirl was accepted to San Marco.
Also I was at the interview today and asked we were their first for the St. Augustine campus. So basically it’s either acceptance or deny there is no wait list at this point.

Also I was at the interview today and asked we were their first for the St. Augustine campus. So basically it’s either acceptance or deny there is no wait list at this point.

Did they say when they will send out acceptance letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I figured I'd give back to this forum and talk about my interview experience yesterday at USA Austin for the Flex program.

The first part of the morning was a program overview, financial aid overview, and some info on the various student resources available. We then split off into 2 groups; one interviewed while the other toured the campus, then we switched.

Interestingly I ended up in a group interview with 4 candidates, which was larger than I expected. We were interviewed by two faculty members (I think one was mostly there to observe), and similar to what everyone else has said in the past, they made a great effort to keep the atmosphere as relaxed as possible. It was pretty conversational at times. I jotted down the list of questions they asked immediately after so I wouldn't forget:

-Tell me about yourself. Why PT? Why USA? Why Flex?
-‎What does professionalism mean to you?
-‎What animal would you be and why?
-‎What would you do if during your clinical you were treating a patient and your instructor yelled across the room that you were doing something wrong?
-‎What would you do if a physician put in an order for you to perform ultrasound therapy (contraindication) on a pregnant woman?
-‎What is your learning style?
-‎How do you handle stress?
-What questions do you have for us?

With the "what would you do" questions they would basically pick 2 of us to respond to the question and then encouraged us to respond to each other (I guess to see how we'd work together or something). Overall it was a bit more involved than I expected but I think the flow went pretty well. After the interview they fed us and let us chat with each other and faculty before leaving.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone there - keeping fingers crossed for all of us over the next few weeks!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I figured I'd give back to this forum and talk about my interview experience yesterday at USA Austin for the Flex program.

The first part of the morning was a program overview, financial aid overview, and some info on the various student resources available. We then split off into 2 groups; one interviewed while the other toured the campus, then we switched.

Interestingly I ended up in a group interview with 4 candidates, which is larger than I expected. We were interviewed by two faculty members (I think one was mostly there to observe), and similar to what everyone else has said in the past, they made a great effort to keep the atmosphere as relaxed as possible. It was pretty conversational at times. I jotted down the list of questions they asked immediately after so I wouldn't forget:

-Tell me about yourself. Why PT? Why USA? Why Flex?
-‎What does professionalism mean to you?
-‎What animal would you be and why?
-‎What would you do if during your clinical you were treating a patient and your instructor yelled across the room that you were doing something wrong?
-‎What would you do if a physician put in an order for you to perform ultrasound therapy on a pregnant woman?
-‎What is your learning style?
-‎How do you handle stress?
-What questions do you have for us?

With the "what would you do" questions they would basically pick 2 of us to respond to the question and then encouraged us to respond to each other (I guess to see how we'd work together or something). Overall it was a bit more involved than I expected but I think the flow went pretty well. After the interview they fed us and let us chat with each other and faculty before leaving.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone there - keeping fingers for all of us over the next few weeks!

Wow! You had a lot more questions than what I had. Other than that it seemed to have the same organization as St. Augustine campus.

Anyone else who was at San Marcos on Friday feel like the whole day was a little disorganized??

Anyone else who was at San Marcos on Friday feel like the whole day was a little disorganized??
can you tell us a bit more about your experience at san Marco's interview? or the questions that were asked? How big was the group?

The st augustine interview on the 26:
They said about 3 weeks till notification. They do have a waitlist but I dont think it is very long. My interview questions were pretty short and were mostly about why i want to go into PT and also strengths and weakness ect. Does anyone know if/ when the second go for interview dates are? Im hoping to be accepted! it was nice to meet everyone

Is it practical to be graduating in May 2018, and still interview and accept for Summer 2018 at USA? Is anyone else doing this?

The st augustine interview on the 26:
They said about 3 weeks till notification. They do have a waitlist but I dont think it is very long. My interview questions were pretty short and were mostly about why i want to go into PT and also strengths and weakness ect. Does anyone know if/ when the second go for interview dates are? Im hoping to be accepted! it was nice to meet everyone
Wait, so they already have a waitlist for the Summer start date?
I don't think there are second interviews!

Is it practical to be graduating in May 2018, and still interview and accept for Summer 2018 at USA? Is anyone else doing this?

I can't speak for other campuses, but classes start May 10th in Austin for Summer 2018.

Wait, so they already have a waitlist for the Summer start date?
I don't think there are second interviews!
I was told they don’t have a wait list bc it is the first interview. So either it’s accepted or denied at this point.

Anyone who interviewed on Dec 11 @ San Marcos have any updates? I haven't heard anything back yet

Does anyone know if we can take a notepad, pen, purse, etc. in with us? I saw in a previous thread awhile back that you couldn't take anything in with you for an interview.
I had my interview at the St. Augustine campus last week, and there were plenty of people with pen and paper taking small notes during their presentations. But we left our belongings (sans a bottle of water for myself) in the large presentation classroom.

i graduate with my MBA a few days before PT school will start

Just got my acceptance email for the summer 2018 MOT at the St. Augustine campus!!! Anyone else heard back?

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewing for Summer on Feb 16th Miami Campus.
Can anyone tell me how the interview process was? What kind of questions were asked? I believe I'll be interviewing with people applying for the Fall semester and I'm really nervous about the entire thing.

Stats:
Bachelor's GPA: 3.1
Last 45 Credits: 3.7
Pre-Req: 3.8
Hours Completed: 90 Hours at 2 Settings
2 PT Recommendation Letters
First Time Applicant

Anyone with similar stats find success in getting in?
Any information will help :)!

Can anyone tell me how the interview process was? What kind of questions were asked? I believe I'll be interviewing with people applying for the Fall semester and I'm really nervous about the entire thing.

Stats:
First Time Applicant

We haven't heard back yet. We still have about 2 weeks. For the interview, you will wait in a lobby when you get there and they will take you up to a room where they will talk to you for several hours about financial aid, what to expect in the program, and you will have time to ask questions. Then they will split you up into 2 groups. 1 group will go do a tour and then interview and the other group will wait in the room then go tour and then go interview. The interview is 1 staff member asking questions to 2 or 3 applicants. I interviewed with 1 other applicant and our staff member had us take turns answering questions first. Then we were able to ask him questions if we had any. We went back to the room where everyone was and they had lunch for us and let us ask questions if we had any. I would check back in a few weeks when everyone is posting their acceptances and see if our stats are similar to yours or ask the Spring 2018 discussion board since they have already started their program.

I just got accepted to USA San Marcos for Summer Full-Time DPT!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything from the Miami DPT program that interviewed on the 26th? I know they said 2-3 weeks I’m just being impatient lol

Email + USA Portal Update

My stats are in the Excel File.

Attachments

• USA DPT.xlsx
    5.4 KB · Views: 161

Stats:
First Time Applicant

Hey! Did you receive a response when you accepted your interview date via email?

I am accepted at the St. Augustine location full time!!!!!!!!!!’:hardy::soexcited:

Reactions: 9 users
It doesn't say when the $500 seat deposit is due...Anyone have any idea? I want to hear back from one more school before I commit, but that school said not until late February/early March.

It doesn't say when the $500 seat deposit is due...Anyone have any idea? I want to hear back from one more school before I commit, but that school said not until late February/early March.
I think they said 2 weeks... however i only received the email with my new log in information and not the actual email with the links and info stuff, but i think they said 2 weeks and everything else is 45 days

I think they said 2 weeks... however i only received the email with my new log in information and not the actual email with the links and info stuff, but i think they said 2 weeks and everything else is 45 days

This is all they mentioned in the email:

Your completed enrollment forms and tuition deposit will need to be accepted by the Admissions Office at the St. Augustine, FL campus upon receipt to secure your seat in the class. If you do not submit your tuition deposit upon receipt you forfeit your spot in the cohort.

I suppose it won't hurt to email them...Seems like they want it immediately but they should really include a due date.

I am accepted to USA at St. Augustine for the summer as well!

Reactions: 1 users
This is all they mentioned in the email:

Your completed enrollment forms and tuition deposit will need to be accepted by the Admissions Office at the St. Augustine, FL campus upon receipt to secure your seat in the class. If you do not submit your tuition deposit upon receipt you forfeit your spot in the cohort.

I suppose it won't hurt to email them...Seems like they want it immediately but they should really include a due date.
I was a little bit confused too but once I open up the first document the enrollment agreement the instructions of where and how to make your deposit were there.

I still haven't heard back yet. I'm curious, since I saw that on this thread that there is no waitlist, if they've already sent out all the acceptances and when they will send out the rejection emails. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted already! Has anyone else not heard back?

I still haven't heard back yet. I'm curious, since I saw that on this thread that there is no waitlist, if they've already sent out all the acceptances and when they will send out the rejection emails. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted already! Has anyone else not heard back?
I haven’t heard anything either, but I applied to Miami! It’s looks like the St Augustine campus has already heard

Heard back from Austin this morning (Flex program). I was denied admission. I was worried all along about my grades, and was surprised to have even gotten an interview.

Having a good cry and licking my wounds but I know everything will be okay in the end, somehow. Good luck to all of you!

Heard back from Austin this morning (Flex program). I was denied admission. I was worried all along about my grades, and was surprised to have even gotten an interview.

Having a good cry and licking my wounds but I know everything will be okay in the end, somehow. Good luck to all of you!
aww, i'm so sorry you didn't get in! Since USA allows you two opportunities to apply, I would e-mail them and ask what held your application back/what should you work on next time should you apply again. Still rooting for ya, it isn't over til you call it! Good luck!

aww, i'm so sorry you didn't get in! Since USA allows you two opportunities to apply, I would e-mail them and ask what held your application back/what should you work on next time should you apply again. Still rooting for ya, it isn't over til you call it! Good luck!
Thank you. Another applicant who was denied e-mailed our advisor and they were less than helpful about providing feedback. Their denial e-mail even says they're not required to give any if they don't want to. For me, I know there's definitely room for improvement with my grades and all that. So that's what I will focus on for next time.