University of St. Augustine Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an interview invitation for the 27th at the FL campus!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is for the summer term too! I'm coming from Chicago so I have no idea where to stay or anything. Where are you guys going to be staying?

The wait is killing me! If they reply to your email, let me know what they say.

Erika just returned my phone call and said there are many files still under review that the admissions committee is working at diligently to complete. She checked into mine specifically and said yes it is still under review. She did not give a timeline but said that as soon there are any decisions I would be contacted.

I just got an interview invite for the 27th for the 2015 summer DPT St. Augustine program!!! I honestly didn't expect it because it has taken soooo long..... I am coming from KY and looked at airline tickets, but with the short notice I will probably just drive down! Congrats to everybody else who got an interview too, we waited long enough :)

Mine is for the summer term too! I'm coming from Chicago so I have no idea where to stay or anything. Where are you guys going to be staying?
I haven't looked at that yet, I am coming from KY. Are you going to drive or fly?

Hey everyone :) Today I received an invite for an interview (Feb 27th) to the FL campus for the DPT program. My portal still says that it's under review so check your email (spam too). The only thing that I am nervous about is tuition cost. Anybody know of any grants besides Fafsa? My friend got accepted to their OT program last year but couldn't attend because she couldn't pay.

Erika just returned my phone call and said there are many files still under review that the admissions committee is working at diligently to complete. She checked into mine specifically and said yes it is still under review. She did not give a timeline but said that as soon there are any decisions I would be contacted.
Thanks for the update! That makes me feel better! Hopefully we will get positive answers soon!

Hey everyone :) Today I received an invite for an interview (Feb 27th) to the FL campus for the DPT program. My portal still says that it's under review so check your email (spam too). The only thing that I am nervous about is tuition cost. Anybody know of any grants besides Fafsa? My friend got accepted to their OT program last year but couldn't attend because she couldn't pay.
You could receive grants but also there's the grad plus loan.. There are so many ways to receive money for a graduate program. Almost everyone I know that's in masters programs couldn't afford it either but luckily there's the option to receive financial aid not only for tuition but for your living expenses as well.

Yes, same in here. I received an invitation for next week's interview....I have already been accepted by another university, so I am going to pass. Hopefully someone over there can explain why this admission process has been so disorganized. Anyways, good luck to everyone.

I haven't looked at that yet, I am coming from KY. Are you going to drive or fly?
Hey! I'm going to be flying because I have work Thursday morning so I'll be coming from there. Let me know where you'll be staying, I'm probably going to stay until Saturday night and get away from this crazy cold weather! PM message me if you'd like!

Members don't see this ad :)
You could receive grants but also there's the grad plus loan.. There are so many ways to receive money for a graduate program. Almost everyone I know that's in masters programs couldn't afford it either but luckily there's the option to receive financial aid not only for tuition but for your living expenses as well.

I am a current student at St. Augustine, and I just thought I would let you know that USA does not allow grad plus loan. The only public loan they allow is an unsubsidized stafford loan. I was offered the maximum amount for the unsubsidized stafford loan, which works out to about $6,760 for each semester's tuition. The remaining amount of tuition each semester (about 6,000) plus your living costs have to be paid for by private loans (either sallie may (who will most likely not give you a loan without a cosigner even with a job and an excellent credit score) or wells fargo MedCap loan). I was approved for a wells fargo loan without a cosigner though. Just thought I would let you all know because prior to starting this program, I did not realize that there were even programs out there that would not allow a grad plus loan. It would have been nice if I had all this information prior to starting. I hope this helps you all in the financial planning.

St augustine does offer a couple of grants, which you have to write an essay for, but the likelihood of getting the grant is slim because there are only a few grants to offer, and their not specific to each campus. It is only a few grants for all campuses together.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a current student at St. Augustine, and I just thought I would let you know that USA does not allow grad plus loan. The only public loan they allow is an unsubsidized stafford loan. I was offered the maximum amount for the unsubsidized stafford loan, which works out to about $6,760 for each semester's tuition. The remaining amount of tuition each semester (about 6,000) plus your living costs have to be paid for by private loans (either sallie may (who will most likely not give you a loan without a cosigner even with a job and an excellent credit score) or wells fargo MedCap loan). I was approved for a wells fargo loan without a cosigner though. Just thought I would let you all know because prior to starting this program, I did not realize that there were even programs out there that would not allow a grad plus loan. It would have been nice if I had all this information prior to starting. I hope this helps you all in the financial planning.

St augustine does offer a couple of grants, which you have to write an essay for, but the likelihood of getting the grant is slim because there are only a few grants to offer, and their not specific to each campus. It is only a few grants for all campuses together.
Thank you for letting me know ! I actually was just on the website trying to fill out the stuff for the grad plus and realized that they do not offer it. That's kind of a bummer but oh well. Not the end of the world to go with private loans. Thanks again for letting us know !

I got an interview for feb 27th too! I wonder how many spots are still left. Did anyone's online portal update? I'm still on transcript evaluation.

I got an interview for feb 27th too! I wonder how many spots are still left. Did anyone's online portal update? I'm still on transcript evaluation.
Mine just updated today! Have you figured out where you're staying and stuff yet??

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and was just wondering if anyone interviewed at the San Marcos campus last Friday (the 13th lol). Some of the people that interviewed with me said that their portals have already changed to "you have been accepted" but mine has remained the same with "you're invited to an interview, etc". Just wanted to see if anyone knew what it meant to have not traction on the portal status, and if anyone else has heard back from that interview. Thanks!

Congrats on the acceptances! For the DPT applicants who were accepted, do you mind sharing your stats? I've applied for Fall 2015 and I'm anxious and hate waiting :/

Have any FL students that are still waiting for summer 2015 had any activity on their portal today? Curious because I am still waiting, however I did receive an email about the scholarship deadline being pushed back to tomorrow

Have any FL students that are still waiting for summer 2015 had any activity on their portal today? Curious because I am still waiting, however I did receive an email about the scholarship deadline being pushed back to tomorrow
No activity yet. I called them yesterday to ask about the scholarships. I was told to apply even if I still don't have an answer from them. If I get in, it's already there. If I don't, it won't hurt anything.

No activity yet. I called them yesterday to ask about the scholarships. I was told to apply even if I still don't have an answer from them. If I get in, it's already there. If I don't, it won't hurt anything.
Darn that's a bummer I thought that implied we would hear today.

Those who interviewed for the DPT program in Florida, can you give any last minute advice on the whole process? I'm going to the interview on the 27th and even though I've been really preparing for it, I'm still freaking out. Thanks! :)

Also for the girls, should we wear small heels or go with flats? Thanks!

Those who interviewed for the DPT program in Florida, can you give any last minute advice on the whole process? I'm going to the interview on the 27th and even though I've been really preparing for it, I'm still freaking out. Thanks! :)

Also for the girls, should we wear small heels or go with flats? Thanks!
I interviewed for MOT, not DPT but I could let you know about my experience. I wore flats and it was comfortable on the tour going up and down stairs but there were girls in heels and flats, it's really just what looks and feels best for U. You will be there for some time meeting with other applicants and listening to faculty brief you on a few topics then you have the written part of the interview. You have thirty minutes but it seems to be enough time ! Following that is your tour and some time to ask current students questions then you break into groups in your interview. By the time I had the interview my nerves has mellowed out. The faculty make you feel very comfortable and were very relatable. I was asked to just introduce myself, some of my experience and why I am dedicated to the field and st augustine. I had some questions that show my values and how I would handle professional issues. Good luck ! It is not as nerve racking as you anticipate !

I interviewed for MOT, not DPT but I could let you know about my experience. I wore flats and it was comfortable on the tour going up and down stairs but there were girls in heels and flats, it's really just what looks and feels best for U. You will be there for some time meeting with other applicants and listening to faculty brief you on a few topics then you have the written part of the interview. You have thirty minutes but it seems to be enough time ! Following that is your tour and some time to ask current students questions then you break into groups in your interview. By the time I had the interview my nerves has mellowed out. The faculty make you feel very comfortable and were very relatable. I was asked to just introduce myself, some of my experience and why I am dedicated to the field and st augustine. I had some questions that show my values and how I would handle professional issues. Good luck ! It is not as nerve racking as you anticipate !
Thank you so much :)

Congrats to all!

If anyone from San Marcos campus is looking for apartments, roommates, and saving money feel free to message me because i am currently looking as well. Or maybe we should just create a facebook group lol.
Hello, I made a facebook group. Just search dpt san marcos summer 2015.

Have any MOT interviewees at San Marcos heard anything back?

How was the interview on the 27th at the FL campus? Were there a lot of applicants?

It was good, The staff and students were really nice and inviting. There were between 50-65 candidates.. mainly DPT.

Any mention of when decisions will be finalized for Summer?

Any mention of when decisions will be finalized for Summer?
They said that they would be meeting after the interviews were over on Friday and then we could expect to hear something within a week to ten days.....

I applied for the Dual MOT/DPT program in San Marcos, but then ended up being rejected most likely due to my interview and lack of OT experience compared to PT. The admissions committee instead transferred my application to the DPT only track and I just found out today I was accepted and I am pretty excited. I have already been accepted to the Western University of Health Science DPT program and I am weighing my options. From what I know, St. Augustine is an accelerated program (2 years 4 months) and slightly cheaper than Western, also students graduate with a Manual Therapy Certification. What do you guys think? Is St Augustine anyone's first choice for DPT and if so for what other reasons?

Last edited:
Any idea when friday interviewees will find out? I know it's still pretty early

I applied for the Dual MOT/DPT program in San Marcos, but then ended up being rejected most likely due to my interview and lack of OT experience compared to PT. The admissions committee instead transferred my application to the DPT only track and I just found out today I was accepted and I am pretty excited. I have already been accepted to the Western University of Health Science DPT program and I am weighing my options. From what I know, St. Augustine is an accelerated program (2 years 4 months) and slightly cheaper than Western, also students graduate with a Manual Therapy Certification. What do you guys think? Is St Augustine anyone's first choice for DPT and if so for what other reasons?

I believe you do not graduate with a manual therapy certification, but you have the option of taking all the pre-reqs during your time there. You still have to practice for 6 months after in order to get it. Either way you'd still be ahead of others who do not attend St. Augustine looking to get their MTC post-grad. Great school congrats!

Any idea when friday interviewees will find out? I know it's still pretty early
They said it would be a week to ten days, so hopefully we will hear something soon:)

I believe you do not graduate with a manual therapy certification, but you have the option of taking all the pre-reqs during your time there. You still have to practice for 6 months after in order to get it. Either way you'd still be ahead of others who do not attend St. Augustine looking to get their MTC post-grad. Great school congrats!
Thank you for the clarification I appreciate it!

I am currently a student at USA-ATX. I blogged a little bit about the interview process. If you have suggestion for a blog post that you thing would be useful let me know via PM.

Blog: http://www.creatingapt.com

I like your blog posts... Just wondering if you could post up more information about your day to day. You talk a little bit about it but could you do another post of what a typical day is like.

What does everyone's status say right now? Mine still says "You have been invited to interview for admission. Please contact us if you have not received your email invitation within 2 business days."

What does everyone's status say right now? Mine still says "You have been invited to interview for admission. Please contact us if you have not received your email invitation within 2 business days."
My status says the same thing. I participated in the first interview and still no answer.

My status still says that I was invited for the interview. I assumed that people were accepted from the first group already because there was a fb group created and has about 30 members now. If I am not mistaken, people have commented on this thread saying that they were accepted to the FL campus.

Mine still says that as well. I thought that we would hear something back within 7-10 days, like either Friday or today but I don't know now.

Very frustrating, I was told we'd here back by now. I emailed them and they said they were on track to give decisions in the 2-3 week time frame but they didn't give me an exact day. Plus on track would have been last Friday..

Mine still says that as well. I thought that we would hear something back within 7-10 days, like either Friday or today but I don't know now.
Speaking for the Feb 27th interview group at the FL campus

I'm really frustrated at this point. I attended the first interview and my status hasn't changed. I was told they were not done reviewing applications, but didn't get a timeline either. The Facebook group for FL MOT only has 8 members.

Has anyone interviewed/been accepted for San Marcos MOT?

Just got accepted for Austin Campus.....excited as hell

Reactions: 1 users