University of St. Augustine Summer 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dptdancer08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was curious to see if anyone had applied for the Summer 2015 term at St. Augustine's for DPT in Austin, or any other campus? I'm pretty nervous, and I wonder when we will find out! Let me know if you have so we can keep each other updated on our status!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Florida for Summer 2015. I haven't received an interview or anything as of yet. My portal just says that my file is under a transcript review. It has said that for about a month now. I do know that the Spring 2015 just got their acceptances. It took almost to the last minute for them. If everything is the same for us it will be around March when we hear anything. I hope that's not the case though:)

Ive also applied for Summer 2015.
I am from Arizona and have been accepted to a program here for Fall 2015. So I will most likely withdrawl my application or decline if i was to get an interview invite at USA (I didnt want to move if I didnt have to). I hope that will free a spot for someone else if that is the case!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive also applied for Summer 2015.
I am from Arizona and have been accepted to a program here for Fall 2015. So I will most likely withdrawl my application or decline if i was to get an interview invite at USA (I didnt want to move if I didnt have to). I hope that will free a spot for someone else if that is the case!
Awesome Congrats!!

I applied to Florida for Summer 2015. I haven't received an interview or anything as of yet. My portal just says that my file is under a transcript review. It has said that for about a month now. I do know that the Spring 2015 just got their acceptances. It took almost to the last minute for them. If everything is the same for us it will be around March when we hear anything. I hope that's not the case though:)
Mine says transcript review as well, I think we might hear back for an interview sometime at the end of this month. (hopefully)

I also applied to the Austin campus! Mine has said under transcript review forever now.

Mine says transcript review as well, I think we might hear back for an interview sometime at the end of this month. (hopefully)
I'm just assuming it will be after the first of the year until I find out so maybe I can keep my stress level down and not have the rest of my hair turn gray :)

I am currently a student at USA-ATX. I blogged a little bit about the interview process. If you have suggestion for a blog post that you thing would be useful let me know via PM.

Blog: http://dptusa.blogspot.com
Wow thank you so much!! Looks so helpful. I just can't wait to hear if I got an interview or not, haha guess we'll see

hi guyss i just recently got accepted into USA spring 2015 at San Marcos. i know how difficult and frustrating this entire process can be so i'd like to share my story to you guys.

i originally applied to fall 2014 but i submitted my app too late (but before the deadline of fall 2014) and they no longer had any spots for the interview, so they had me on the "waitlist for interview " from dec till maybe may or june of this year then moved my file to spring 2015. I received my interview invitation on 7/18 so around 1 month after the app was due, then had my interview on the 8/8. (they only held two interviews, 1st and 8th of aug for spring 2015). on the day of the interview I had a campus tour first, then group interview with 1 faculty member and 1 student, then had my essay. The interview lasted around 30 min and the questions they asked me were 1. Why PT and why USA 2. How to deal with stress 3. How to work with other people in a group 4. How to handle stress.. or something like that. My essay topic was what’s the biggest challenge you’ll face in graduate school. This entire interview went from 10am till 130pm, which was fairly quick compared to my interview with WesternU.

Then after the interview I waited 8-9 weeks to find out the results, which was surprisingly long since the wait was supposed to be 3 weeks instead of 8-9 weeks. I’d say the past 2 months were nothing but frustrating but im glad I made it. and I wish all of you the best and if you have any question please feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 user
hi guyss i just recently got accepted into USA spring 2015 at San Marcos. i know how difficult and frustrating this entire process can be so i'd like to share my story to you guys.

i originally applied to fall 2014 but i submitted my app too late (but before the deadline of fall 2014) and they no longer had any spots for the interview, so they had me on the "waitlist for interview " from dec till maybe may or june of this year then moved my file to spring 2015. I received my interview invitation on 7/18 so around 1 month after the app was due, then had my interview on the 8/8. (they only held two interviews, 1st and 8th of aug for spring 2015). on the day of the interview I had a campus tour first, then group interview with 1 faculty member and 1 student, then had my essay. The interview lasted around 30 min and the questions they asked me were 1. Why PT and why USA 2. How to deal with stress 3. How to work with other people in a group 4. How to handle stress.. or something like that. My essay topic was what’s the biggest challenge you’ll face in graduate school. This entire interview went from 10am till 130pm, which was fairly quick compared to my interview with WesternU.

Then after the interview I waited 8-9 weeks to find out the results, which was surprisingly long since the wait was supposed to be 3 weeks instead of 8-9 weeks. I’d say the past 2 months were nothing but frustrating but im glad I made it. and I wish all of you the best and if you have any question please feel free to PM me.
Thank you:). I actually read the whole Spring 2015 thread. I felt bad for you guys! I have noticed that most every program drags things out so I'm preparing myself to wait until January until I expect to hear anything:)

Thanks for sharing your story Tifanie and congratulations on your acceptance. How long did it take for them to transfer your application from fall to spring?

Thanks for sharing your story Tifanie and congratulations on your acceptance. How long did it take for them to transfer your application from fall to spring?
i was placed on waitlist for fall interview sometime around Feb.. and they told me they had decided not to hold any more interviews around june and moved my file to spring.

I've been following this since it started. I also applied to USA Austin for Summer 2015. I obsessively check my portal every day even though I know it's too early to hear anything! Last year the summer applicants heard on 10/25 so that is what I am hoping for this year! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone's status change to under review yet?

Mine still says "your application is undergoing a transcript evaluation"
It has said this since 10/1

Ok that's good to know.

I like the Praying4DPT name...that's what I'm doing too :)

I did contact the admissions in Florida and Erika said they hope to notify students in early November.

Interviews for the summer 2015 class should be on December 5th. Traditionally they are held in late November or early December but Thanksgiving is on November 27th. You all should receive an invitation no latter than Halloween.

Hey guys! I applied for Summer 2015 for Florida campus. Mine also says my application is undergoing a transcript evaluation. Can't wait to hear something back from them!

What are your stats?

Hey you guys! It's so awesome to see that you all have replied. My portal also says "Undergoing transcript eval"-- I have been hardcore stalking all the previous summer threads and you guys are right, HOPEFULLY we should be hearing back by the end of this week or sometime next week. My prayers are with you all & hopefully we make it :)

My application is under review!!!!

I submitted early September and San Marcos :) hbu?

Mine has been under review since September 3. They must really be slow readers:)

I'm assuming "under review" is the step after transcript eval? :)

Anyone have any additional status changes yet? I'm getting so nervous! I do not want face rejections again :(

Hey everyone! I am applying to the MOT program for summer at the Florida campus! I'm so nervous

My application still says transcript evaluation

My application status just changed. It now says "Your application is under review by our Admissions Committee."

When did you submit your application?
I'm not 100% sure when I submitted the initial app, but everything in my application folder online was in the system by 8/28/2014.

I keep checking my email because we should be hearing back soon.....ah!

I hope we do! It still says my application is undergoing a transcript evaluation though. :(

Hey everyone! I am applying to the MOT program for summer at the Florida campus! I'm so nervous
I am also applying to the MOT program for summer! My status still says transcript evaluation, but I am wondering when we will hear anything!

What does post wait list really mean at USA? I heard it's a different process than other schools that use wait list. Thanks!

I'm still in "transcript eval" phase also, I really wonder when we'll hear from them... ~getting nervous~

What are your guys' stats?

I wonder why it's taking forever for them to change from "transcript eval" phase!

What are your guys' stats?

I wonder why it's taking forever for them to change from "transcript eval" phase!
Judging by what the spring group went through, we have a very long wait ahead of us.

I'm just concerned because judging based off of last summer acceptances, their interview was Nov. 22nd and they heard back around now. Do you guys know if it's a rolling admissions process?

I'm just concerned because judging based off of last summer acceptances, their interview was Nov. 22nd and they heard back around now. Do you guys know if it's a rolling admissions process?
Mine still says transcript eval as well. I'm not 100%sure, but I do believe it is rolling admissions

I sent in my application sometime in late August and thought it would be reviewed early, but Erika said the Admissions Committee will not start reviewing until the deadline in order to give everyone a fair chance. So I do not believe it is rolling admissions in that sense. However, I may have misunderstood what you mean by rolling admissions.

I am getting very nervous too! Hopefully Kevin is right and we will find out this Friday, but at this point, I do not know. I am trying to stay positive, but this waiting game is killing me as well!!

Last edited:
I just called admissions and asked when OT applicants should be hearing about interviews and she said they are a little behind so we probably won't hear anything until the second week of november! I'm not sure if this is the same for PT or not!

I just got an email from admissions as well regarding DPT invites:

"...estimated to start notifying candidates of invites in the beginning of November. I wouldn’t think it would be any earlier than the second week of November. You will receive an email with their decision once it has been made."

We're okay! haha

That really bums me out! I wonder why they are so behind... Don't they realize that we are freaking out?! Haha :)

The waiting game is KILLING me! I applied to San Marcos campus and want to get in so bad.