University of Houston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would email Ms. Barbara Lewis.

Oh ok, thanks. Although UoH is one of my top picks and is a VERY good school, I won't be accepting the offer. Thanks for your reply!

Members don't see this ad.

I am so excited for all of you guys who got acceptance. Congrats! I would be applying next year to UH. Would yall mind to share your stats or your strengths that you think helped with ur acceptance?

Oh ok, thanks. Although UoH is one of my top picks and is a VERY good school, I won't be accepting the offer. Thanks for your reply!

I would Call and let them know. congratulations azn ....vaguely remember that ur accepted to Abilene

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invitation this morning for Wed., March 16th @ 8:45 a.m.! I'm super excited!!! :soexcited: Is anyone interviewing that day as well?

Congrats, eden!

When did you turn in your application?

This is my second application to UH. I interviewed at OU 2/26 and am waiting to hear. I know UH will interview into April, May, but waiting is tough. :confused:

This is my second application to UH. I interviewed at OU 2/26 and am waiting to hear. I know UH will interview into April, May, but waiting is tough. :confused:

Second application to UH. Did you apply last year?

I got waitlisted at OU. Did they mention when is the admissions committe going to meet?

@verbes02 Thanks! I turned in my app on Jan. 15th

@velvet75 Thank you! I'm gonna need the luck, I'm going to be so nervous with the whole group thing and all. Goodluck to you at your A&M interview!!!

@Nervous Don't worry, I'm sure it's only a matter of time you get your invite.

@Ace Thank you!!! I'm sure you'll get an invite soon! You're applying again and that says a lot about your character & determination to attend their school.

@verbes02 Thanks! I turned in my app on Jan. 15th

@velvet75 Thank you! I'm gonna need the luck, I'm going to be so nervous with the whole group thing and all. Goodluck to you at your A&M interview!!!

@Nervous Don't worry, I'm sure it's only a matter of time you get your invite.

@Ace Thank you!!! I'm sure you'll get an invite soon! You're applying again and that says a lot about your character & determination to attend their school.

Congrats on interview! There is NO NEED to be nervous!! Everyone there is very nice and welcoming. You'll enjoy the time there! Wish you luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invitation this morning for Wed., March 16th @ 8:45 a.m.! I'm super excited!!! :soexcited: Is anyone interviewing that day as well?

Congrats!!

Now I'm just waiting to see if I get one as well :( ... still no luck

I will be interviewing at UH this Friday!! Congrats to those that got in and best of luck to those still trying!!

Will anyone else be at UH on Friday? My session starts at 9:30...wouldn't mind meeting some fellow sdn posters!!

I just got the offer too! My time isn't exactly the same but pretty close! I'm sure I'll see you there :)

I just got the offer too! My time isn't exactly the same but pretty close! I'm sure I'll see you there :)

Yeah, for sure! You never know, we might be in the same group discussion. :) Best of luck to you! Did you see all the questionnaire, essay, evaluation stuff we have to send in by Mon.? :eek: I think I'm more nervous answering these questions than probably going to the interview..

@aznhomieboi Thanks!!! How was your experience there, even though you are declining? What's kind of topics are we talking about for the group discussion or essay? Your insight is greatly appreciated.

@weasel11 Thank you!!! I just sent you a PM.

Last edited:
Yeah, for sure! You never know, we might be in the same group discussion. :) Best of luck to you! Did you see all the questionnaire, essay, evaluation stuff we have to send in by Mon.? :eek: I think I'm more nervous answering these questions than probably going to the interview..

@aznhomieboi Thanks!!! How was your experience there, even though you are declining? What's kind of topics are we talking about for the group discussion or essay? Your insight is greatly appreciated.

My experience was great. Actually, I have had a tough time deciding where to go because of that. UoH is a very good school and everybody were VERY nice. You don't even feel like it's an interview (but don't let your guard down either). The topics (I can't say for obvious reasons) are really nothing to stress about. The group exercise were easy, just make sure you talk and BE HONEST!!! The interview itself was pretty relaxing. It's more of a conversation to me! Just be yourself, relax, smile and be honest. With that you'll do fine.

My stats:
GPA:3.5
Pre pharm GPA: 3.3?
PCAT:86 (first try was a 56)
less than one yr pharmacy experience
finished application December 15ish
interviewed Jan. 28

applying early helps.

yeah, i don't think i've ever been so happy to have such a huge amount of work thrust upon me. not that it will be that hard to do all the forms and everything, its just such a short amount of time to get everything PERFECT. and i agree, i'm not at all worried about the interview itself, just doing these questions!

They said we would get the result in 4 to 6 weeks. Call them after 6 weeks if we didn't here from them.
Based on the info posted on SDN, an acceptance would come in email within 3 weeks before the official snail mail. Rejections come in snail mails only.

IIRC, you have 2 weeks to accept the acceptance offer.

Confused, because I thought we had 2 weeks and I get the acceptance email Saturday at 12:30 pm telling me I have 7 days to accept the offer.... then I get a letter saying my acceptance forms must be in by March 11th.... that's 6 days not 7 days... and now I have to overnight a frickin acceptance package... I'm upset lol but I'm still happy to be accepted.

Just wondering if anyone can shed light on this situation.

Confused, because I thought we had 2 weeks and I get the acceptance email Saturday at 12:30 pm telling me I have 7 days to accept the offer.... then I get a letter saying my acceptance forms must be in by March 11th.... that's 6 days not 7 days... and now I have to overnight a frickin acceptance package... I'm upset lol but I'm still happy to be accepted.

Well, it might be different this year? Either way, it's good to at least reserve the spot in case you're not sure where to go yet...

If there's any UH Pharmacy students reading this thread, I would love to hear about how the school prepares you to be a clinical pharmacist. Also, how do you feel about the professors?

A few UT Austin Pharmacy students have been active on their thread answering questions, and it'd be nice to hear if UH also offers similar patient assessment and clinical skills training.

Thanks!

I wish they would provide more information about the program during the interview. All they had was a table full of flyers with the same info that can be found on their website. A school tour would have been nice, too. I know the PCCA compounding training is great, but it's not like I have to be a UH student in order to get that. Same with the TX Medical Ctr, you can also choose to have rotations there as a UT student, right?

I know I am weirding out for the same reason. I got my letter via email after business hours on March 7, said I had to accept and have documents RECEIVED by 11th that is like 3 days, since I got the letter so late. I sent it all in on the 8th, but the courier I used isn't showing them as received yet, I can't get ahold of anyone at UH COP because they are all interviewing today too, I am thinking of just driving to Houston to drop it off. So stressed, it really isn't fair that some people got the letter Friday and had plenty of time, while others got it way later and are now stressed. :eek::eek::eek:

I know I am weirding out for the same reason. I got my letter via email after business hours on March 7, said I had to accept and have documents RECEIVED by 11th that is like 3 days, since I got the letter so late. I sent it all in on the 8th, but the courier I used isn't showing them as received yet, I can't get ahold of anyone at UH COP because they are all interviewing today too, I am thinking of just driving to Houston to drop it off. So stressed, it really isn't fair that some people got the letter Friday and had plenty of time, while others got it way later and are now stressed. :eek::eek::eek:

lol! I thought the same thing about driving my silly self to Houston if it didn't show received. BUT gas prices oh my gosh lol I've been doing enough driving lately!

But to make you feel better! I just talked to one of my classmates and she said that she called the office and spoke with admissions who said, you do have 7 days, so technically until Monday for you. :) I know it feels better if you actually have voiced confirmation, but hopefully you won't feel so stressed!

Congrats! Everyone really does say that the interview is like a conversation, and out of all my interviews so far, it has been the most enjoyable! As compared with other schools interview processes, UH really DOES want to get to know you and how you are. Their questions are catered to learn about you, not about what you know necessarily (unlike UT)....

I left the interview feeling good! I hope you will too! Also, the interview is supposed to be one on one, but my interview had two 4th years and the faculty member, so 3 on 1... so be prepared for whatever may come. I particularly enjoyed more ppl in the room! More opportunities for conversation!

itsmylife: my interview had 3 people too! a professor with 2 p4s. did you happen to have Dr. Tucker? =D

and do not sweat guys! i mean, i am still waiting for my results :confused: .. but the overall interview process was very relaxed and none of the questions during my interview completely threw me off.. they are very understanding of your situation and try their best to help you through the interview and group processes :D good luck to all!

Just finished up my interview at UH today, and I really enjoyed the process!

The group thinking exercise was entertaining!!

Good luck to everyone!

lol! I thought the same thing about driving my silly self to Houston if it didn't show received. BUT gas prices oh my gosh lol I've been doing enough driving lately!

But to make you feel better! I just talked to one of my classmates and she said that she called the office and spoke with admissions who said, you do have 7 days, so technically until Monday for you. :) I know it feels better if you actually have voiced confirmation, but hopefully you won't feel so stressed!

Thanks for the emotional support ;)

FINALLY got ahold of Dr. Lewis and she confirmed that I am okay. Whew!

Feb 25th intrviewees check your emails! just got the email 10 min ago. SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! :love:

Just got the acceptance letter 15 minutes ago!

Stats
3.8 undergrad GPA, 3.5 prereqs
84 PCAT
2 years research experience

A&M - interview 2/11 - missed first round of acceptances
Tech - interviewed 3/4
UT - interview 2/26
UH - interviewed 2/25 - accepted :D

I had Dr. Tucker with her two P4s as well. I really enjoyed talking with her. She was cool and easy-going, yet very professional. One of the P4s was asking a lot of the questions (the guy), while the other P4 only asked one and did not smile the entire time. If you have three people in the room, make sure to make eye contact and smile at all of them when you speak. Also, if you get nervous, it's okay. I was nervous when I answered the first couple of questions. My mouth dried up and my voice got a bit shaky. But the key is to gracefully recover. I made a quick, tactful joke about the situation and asked if I could pause for one second to take a sip of water. I then recovered and the rest of the interview went great. Turn it into a conversation, and make sure that you have at least 3 awesome, piercing questions for them about the college and how it can help you grow as a pharmacist.

I had Dr. Tucker with her two P4s as well. I really enjoyed talking with her. She was cool and easy-going, yet very professional. One of the P4s was asking a lot of the questions (the guy), while the other P4 only asked one and did not smile the entire time. If you have three people in the room, make sure to make eye contact and smile at all of them when you speak. Also, if you get nervous, it's okay. I was nervous when I answered the first couple of questions. My mouth dried up and my voice got a bit shaky. But the key is to gracefully recover. I made a quick, tactful joke about the situation and asked if I could pause for one second to take a sip of water. I then recovered and the rest of the interview went great. Turn it into a conversation, and make sure that you have at least 3 awesome, piercing questions for them about the college and how it can help you grow as a pharmacist.

COngrats man! How was the group activity and the computer test?

I am still waiting on an interview :(

Congrats everyone! I hope I can say the same soon.

AceInhibitor, there are still a couple interview dates left. Keep hope alive!:)

congrats to all of you for being accepted!! theres a facebook group for the class of 2015 so make sure you join :laugh:

COngrats man! How was the group activity and the computer test?

I am still waiting on an interview :(

I'm in the same boat as you. I've already interview at UT, Tech, and A&M (even received acceptance to A&M), but I've still heard nothing from UH. Houston is my home town, and it would mean a lot to me if I could hear something from them, but the waiting game is hard to get around.

I haven't decided if I'm going to UH or UT yet but found this extremely helpful link on the UH College of Pharmacy Class of 2015 page: http://mypharmacyschoolexperience.wordpress.com. It explains everything from study habits, summers in between sessions, parking situation including distance from different lots to the pharmacy school, to rotations!

For those of you who have been accepted, is it fine to return the back page of the criminal background check and drug screening policy page and not the entire document? It's only the letter of intent that we must send in its entirety correct?

Thanks!

For those of you who have been accepted, is it fine to return the back page of the criminal background check and drug screening policy page and not the entire document? It's only the letter of intent that we must send in its entirety correct?

Thanks!

I just returned the whole thing signed.