This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Izzym

Reaction score
Hello everybody ! Who else has applied ed for UHCOP???

Members don't see this ad.

In case you haven't heard, this profession is saturated.

Reactions: 4 users
Super Saturated. Except you are willing to work in the wilderness.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m applying but not ed. Is anybody else concerned about safety at UH? Like where do most students live?

Reactions: 1 users
Also I wish we knew more about the new curriculum that was just implemented this fall. Unfortunately we don’t know what it’s like since the students are just taking it for the first time

I’m applying but not ed. Is anybody else concerned about safety at UH? Like where do most students live?
Honestly it’s not that bad I take undergraduate classes at UH and I commute. But a few of my friends live in dorms on campus or in downtown.

I feel like my comment was missed, the profession is saturated.

Reactions: 7 users
Like anyone cares what is going on in UofH especially in 2023. Go for it bro...sky is the limit!

Honestly it’s not that bad I take undergraduate classes at UH and I commute. But a few of my friends live in dorms on campus or in downtown.
It just seems like living in downtown is very expensive & I don’t know about the financial aid packages too much, but I’m wondering if the financial aid would even be enough because I don’t have outside financial help.

I feel like my comment was missed, the profession is saturated.
I’m already a pharmacy technician and CVS guarantees me a pharmacists job after graduation so why not do what makes me happy ?

I’m already a pharmacy technician and CVS guarantees me a pharmacists job after graduation so why not do what makes me happy ?

Don't get me wrong I love my job.

Did they say how many hours and if it's a floater position? Did you sign a contract? It would be hard to hire someone if there's no openings.

Just FYI make sure you have signed a contract before you go with this. Many people I know go screwed just believing what a dm or Pharmacy manager told them, only to get screwed over when they finished Pharmacy school. Also know that they may not hire you to your preferred location, so be willing to move. Good luck tho

I don't know of ANY place, including CVS that guarantees a beginning pharmacy student a job after graduation. Are you an intern with CVS? Be aware, just because you are an intern, that is not a promise for a future pharmacist job. As ImmunoglobulinE says, unless you have a signed contract, you have nothing.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those applying ED to UHCOP, has anyone heard back about interviews yet? Based on what people have said in previous years, I was expecting to hear something by now.

Lies. It's all lies. CVS guarantees nothing.

For those applying ED to UHCOP, has anyone heard back about interviews yet? Based on what people have said in previous years, I was expecting to hear something by now.
Not yet but I know someone who got an interview. I’m hoping to know by Monday.

Not yet but I know someone who got an interview. I’m hoping to know by Monday.
Also I wish we knew more about the new curriculum that was just implemented this fall. Unfortunately we don’t know what it’s like since the students are just taking it for the first time

Where do you three plan on working? Do you realize how many more pharmacists will have saturated the field by the time you graduate?

Change majors, now!

1.) Guarantee? What year is this? 2004?
2.) A "corporate chain" pharmacist is the equivalent to a NFL running back. The whole system is design to run RPhs into the ground until they burn out but the beautiful thing (from a corporate standpoint) is that like football there's always a new batch of fresh meat every year. The only difference is that NFL RBs don't have six figure student loans.
3.) Graduating from UHCOP in 2023 almost certainly means working at least 100+ miles from a major metro. Almost every aspiring pharmacist wants to live in a city and doesn't want to work retail. Of course hard work and "passion" always prevails in the end, just ask Taylor Swift!

1.) Guarantee? What year is this? 2004?
2.) A "corporate chain" pharmacist is the equivalent to a NFL running back. The whole system is design to run RPhs into the ground until they burn out but the beautiful thing (from a corporate standpoint) is that like football there's always a new batch of fresh meat every year. The only difference is that NFL RBs don't have six figure student loans.
3.) Graduating from UHCOP in 2023 almost certainly means working at least 100+ miles from a major metro. Almost every aspiring pharmacist wants to live in a city and doesn't want to work retail. Of course hard work and "passion" always prevails in the end, just ask Taylor Swift!
Can y’all not worry about whether the market is saturated or not. We know what we’re getting ourselves into. This forum is made for students who are applying to UHCOP. Not for childish people like y’all who have nothing else better to do.

Where do you three plan on working? Do you realize how many more pharmacists will have saturated the field by the time you graduate?

Change majors, now!
I don’t see why you’re so bothered by us for choosing pharmacy as a career path. If our parents don’t mind then I don’t see why you should care sitting behind a computer screen.

If our parents don’t mind then I don’t see why you should.

This explains everything, I hope you don't put your parents in too big of a hole.

Do me a favor, tell them thank you next time you see them.

Oh and I use a phone not my computer.

Last edited:

Whatever impression you got from your company right now, you`ve got it all wrong.
Just make sure you have really good personal connection if you want job there by the time you graduate. Really really good personal connection, like your parents having dirty secrets on one of the district manager. That`s the only thing you can do right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Can y’all not worry about whether the market is saturated or not. We know what we’re getting ourselves into. This forum is made for students who are applying to UHCOP. Not for childish people like y’all who have nothing else better to do.

This literally isn't that forum

This explains everything, I hope you don't put your parents in too big of a whole.

Do me a favor, tell them thank you next time you see them.

Oh and I use a phone not my computer.
HAHAHA, I read that as "patients" originally.
BRO.
Are there literally people out there in college who need their parents' approval for career choice and assume that's normal?

Paging Dr. @ThoracicGuy for a STAT order of BRUH

I think you had mistaken this for the pre-pharm board. I honestly can care less about saturation affecting you since i paid off my student loans 5 years ago. I can afford to work part time hours if necessary. If you want to sign yourself up (or have mommy or daddy sign off, definitely not childish!) for a 6 figure debt load then nobody's stopping you!

This literally isn't that forum

HAHAHA, I read that as "patients" originally.
BRO.
Are there literally people out there in college who need their parents' approval for career choice and assume that's normal?

Paging Dr. @ThoracicGuy for a STAT order of BRUH
Lmao can’t you read the topic of this for forum. This isn’t the forum for telling us whether the market is saturated or not.

Btw no one needs their parents approval. I was trying to make point as to why it is bothering some people that we chose pharmacy as a career. You’re literally complaining about something so pointless.

Lmao can’t you read the topic of this for forum. This isn’t the forum for telling us whether the market is saturated or not.

Btw no one needs their parents approval. I was trying to make point as to why it is bothering some people that we chose pharmacy as a career. You’re literally complaining about something so pointless.

Ohhh, I see.

You seem to think the word for a thread is a forum.

I don’t see why you’re so bothered by us for choosing pharmacy as a career path. If our parents don’t mind then I don’t see why you should care sitting behind a computer screen.

Well, because we've had to deal with many, many threads from people who were warned on this board, who then come back to whine about the shortage of jobs. or how they can't pass NAPLEX, etc.

Are there literally people out there in college who need their parents' approval for career choice and assume that's normal?BRUH

Anyone with a tiger mom. Seriously, their mothers shelter them from the fact that they can make adult decisions when they turn 18. Don't be too hard on them, they really are sheltered in this regard.

If anyone is interested, I received my interview invite this morning, scheduled for Sept 28th 2018!

If anyone is interested, I received my interview invite this morning, scheduled for Sept 28th 2018!
Good golly gosh. I am interested. I think most people on here are. Some are just jealous and the rest are really shy.

For the love of God move this thread over to Pre-Pharmacy or Pharmacy Class

Congrats so did I ! I actually moved this thread to Pre-Pharmcay so we can talk there :)
Great. Now we will never know about the interview, acceptance and all the other things in his college career. We will never know what he will do to set himself above all other pharmacists to advance his career. So many things we will never know. Sad day.

I applied regular decision and have not heard back yet. Should I email admissions and request an interview?

Don’t bother applying for UHCOP. They’ll solely base your application on your PCAT score. If your PCAT is not up to their standards, and you application is great, you’ll still get rejected. The claim something and do something else hahah. Good luck to all!
What was your PCAT score? What do you mean by the rest of your app was great?

I applied regular decision and have not heard back yet. Should I email admissions and request an interview?
When did you submit your application? I have friends who submitted it early January and it seems like they are just now hearing back. According to their website, they don't have February interviews - the only 2 dates left are in March.

What was your PCAT score? What do you mean by the rest of your app was great?
I had the same problem, my PCAT was a 55, my GPA was a 3.65 overall, I have 3+ years of pharmacy experience and I did research at A&M yet people with lower stats than me got an interview and got accepted, just because their PCAT was high. I don’t know what exactly does UHCOP look at, but it’s for sure not the whole application. Good luck to all though. I got accepted into A&M pharmacy anyways.

I had the same problem, my PCAT was a 55, my GPA was a 3.65 overall, I have 3+ years of pharmacy experience and I did research at A&M yet people with lower stats than me got an interview and got accepted, just because their PCAT was high. I don’t know what exactly does UHCOP look at, but it’s for sure not the whole application. Good luck to all though. I got accepted into A&M pharmacy anyways.
Just got an interview email.

Did they call you to interview? My PCAT is only slightly higher than yours.

Just got an interview email.

Did they call you to interview? My PCAT is only slightly higher than yours.
No I got denied which is pretty saddening, but good luck! Wish you nothing but the best! Go kill that interview and I really hope you get in!!

Anybody from the March 1st interview get their admission decision yet? Still waiting.

Anybody from the March 1st interview get their admission decision yet? Still waiting.
I was the March 22nd group and they said not to expect anything until mid April for us.

I wish you luck though! How do you think you fared on the interview?

I was the March 22nd group and they said not to expect anything until mid April for us.

I wish you luck though! How do you think you fared on the interview?

Ah, I thought you would have been on March 1st. I got my interview invite a day after you did lol. They told us 2-4 weeks and the 4 week mark is coming up tomorrow. I'm just anxious because I heard the seats already got filled.

I thought it went really well. After that first MMI room, the nerves settled and it was just fun. How about you?

Ah, I thought you would have been on March 1st. I got my interview invite a day after you did lol. They told us 2-4 weeks and the 4 week mark is coming up tomorrow. I'm just anxious because I heard the seats already got filled.

I thought it went really well. After that first MMI room, the nerves settled and it was just fun. How about you?
The mmi questions were not as tough as I thought they were going to be. They offered me the March 1st interview day but I decided on the 22nd. At the end of the day they told us they didn’t have a wait list and we would either be accepted or denied.

How do you know all of the seats were filled?

Oh I wasn't aware they didn't wait list people.

A current student said he had heard the seats were filled but he was unsure. I'm crossing my fingers.

Not saying they don’t do waitlists just that there was no one on the waitlist at that moment. Crossing my fingers too!!

Just got my acceptance letter email in case anyone is waiting on theirs.
Congrats! Im still waiting for a decision lol. Guess they were comparing both interview dates

Congrats for those who got accepted. I wish all got interview letter luck.
I am taking PCAT exam tomorrow. I am so nervous. Could you please share with me your experiences!?
Thank you