University of Houston 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! I felt much better than what I thought yesterday. But for the individual part, we ran out of time so my interviewers skipped some questions. I don't know how much it would hurt me :(

I think I did my best anyway. So now let's just wait patiently until Oct 21st.

Good luck to anyone who's gonna interview later!

How did you run out of time? Were your responses too long or was it because you and the interviewers were conversing? If it was the latter, that's a good thing!

I also interviewed 9/30 and it was awesome! I'm going to be super anxious until I get that email .. :(

Members don't see this ad.

How did you run out of time? Were your responses too long or was it because you and the interviewers were conversing? If it was the latter, that's a good thing!

I also interviewed 9/30 and it was awesome! I'm going to be super anxious until I get that email .. :(

It's because my responses were too long. I asked my interviewer how it would affect the admission decision. She said that she didn't really know because she was not on the Admission Committee. But she ensured that they would look the whole picture of your application so I should be fine.

Lol the waiting is the hardest part I guess. Good luck to both of us!

Btw, what time was your interview?

It's because my responses were too long. I asked my interviewer how it would affect the admission decision. She said that she didn't really know because she was not on the Admission Committee. But she ensured that they would look the whole picture of your application so I should be fine.

Lol the waiting is the hardest part I guess. Good luck to both of us!

Btw, what time was your interview?
I interviewed at 11:30am.

Good luck! The next 2-3 weeks will be very anxious for both of us.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will the questionarre be used as the questions that they ask during the two on one interview, or do they just use that as reference for later and they ask you a whole different set of questions?

Will the questionarre be used as the questions that they ask during the two on one interview, or do they just use that as reference for later and they ask you a whole different set of questions?

The interviewers have no information about you except the questionnaire. So just read it again before you come to the interview.

Good luck to everyone :)
I just submitted my application.

Just got accepted! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted too!

Reactions: 4 users
CONGRATS YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations you guys!!!! I also got the acceptance email today. So so excited!!!!

I got an interview for 11/11 :)

to those of yall who just got accepted, congrats! were yall's interviews sep. 30th? I was interviewed the 7th, so hopefully i hear something soon

Reactions: 1 user
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now. But I got my acceptance yesterday afternoon as well! Congrats to all whom have been accepted thus far! I can't wait to meet all of you!! :D And good luck to those who are waiting to hear back and those who are waiting to interview! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
to those of yall who just got accepted, congrats! were yall's interviews sep. 30th? I was interviewed the 7th, so hopefully i hear something soon

I interviewed 9/30 and I received an acceptance yesterday (10/17)! Hopefully you'll hear some good news too! Good luck!

I got accepted as well. I was at the 9/30 interview and received my acceptance on 10/17. I was early decision though, so they have to make an admissions decision before 10/21 for early decision applicants. If you're regular, it may take longer.

Mine is 11:30 am. I suppose there is only afternoon interview shift because they will have testing in the morning.

Hi, I have my interview on October 28. I am super nervous since UH is my first choice. Is there any advice you can offer me? :) Thank you so much in advance.

Just received my acceptance! See you guys next year!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my acceptance as well!! However, I will not be attending there with y'all. I've decided to go to UIC. I wish y'all the best of luck!!

Got in! Already paid Texas Tech seat deposit though :(

Should we start a class page of sorts on Facebook?

Congratulations for all of those who got accepted. Well done. Best wishes for your academic pursuit at UHCOP.

May I ask the stats of those who got in? I applied for the early decision too, and was invited for the interview. However, I was "tabled", which most likely means that they picked my resume and tossed it into the garbage bin. I had a PCAT composite score of 90 and 4.0 GPA for all the courses I took in pre-pharmacy. I have volunteer experience in drug stores and hospitals. I think my interview performance was ok if it was not great. The only downside I can think of is the fact I am a foreigner with English as my second language. I would be very grateful if any of you could enlighten me. I would like to understand the gap between me and the talented people in this forum.

Thanks a lot. Congratulations again to all of you.

Congratulations for all of those who got accepted. Well done. Best wishes for your academic pursuit at UHCOP.

May I ask the stats of those who got in? I applied for the early decision too, and was invited for the interview. However, I was "tabled", which most likely means that they picked my resume and tossed it into the garbage bin. I had a PCAT composite score of 90 and 4.0 GPA for all the courses I took in pre-pharmacy. I have volunteer experience in drug stores and hospitals. I think my interview performance was ok if it was not great. The only downside I can think of is the fact I am a foreigner with English as my second language. I would be very grateful if any of you could enlighten me. I would like to understand the gap between me and the talented people in this forum.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( But plz don't lose hope yet. "Tabling" doesn't mean they reject you, but rather put you in the next pools of applicants to compare. So you still have a high chance of getting in, as your stat is pretty solid. I don't think that international student is the main reason because I still get in though I'm holding F1-visa.

I can't tell the reason you got tabled as my stat is similar to yours (4.0 GPA at UH, 95 PCAT, math and chemistry tutor, tons of volunteer hours at many pharmacy settings and with my pre-pharmacy club). Do you mind if I ask you where you took your pre-requisites? And how did you do in your interview in comparison with other students?

I remember reading some old posts that you can directly call Mr. Morgan Ely about your case and ask what you can do to improve your application. Again, I'm not so sure about this, but just give it a try. Good luck!

I wouldn't assume they took your "resume and tossed it into the garbage". You have amazing stats which makes me believe that your interview was what didn't seal the deal for you. However, you shouldn't lose hope because being tabled means you still have a chance. Good luck!

I agree with those previously. You have awesome stats. I wouldn't lose hope just yet. Best of luck.

Hi! I'm also a foreigner who speaks English as a second language.
I applied to U of H as an ED and got my acceptance on Monday.

My PCAT score is 99 and my overall GPA is 3.91.
I had several leadership positions (including organizations not related to pharmacy), volunteered in a hospital pharmacy and worked as a licensed EMS at school.
During the interview, I tried my best to emphasize things I learned from my extracurricular activities (ex. leadership skills, pharmacy field, collaboration skills, work ethics...etc).
Although being a foreigner may be a big downside, they will take you as long as they can see that you have the potential to be a capable pharmacy student/pharmacist.

As other people said, you have great stats!
Nobody knows what will happen in the future, so don't lose your hope yet.

For anyone that was accepted Monday, 10/17, after submitting all of the paperwork that was emailed with the acceptance letter, did anyone receive an email confirmation that the paperwork was received? I sent an email to Dr. Pitman last Thursday but no response.

Thanks a lot for all the encouragement and inspiring words. I truly appreciate that. I will stay upbeat and am applying for other schools while waiting for the final verdict from UH. I really like people in this forum as you are all very helpful. I believe all of you will become successful and excellent pharmacists.

For anyone that was accepted Monday, 10/17, after submitting all of the paperwork that was emailed with the acceptance letter, did anyone receive an email confirmation that the paperwork was received? I sent an email to Dr. Pitman last Thursday but no response.

I got no confirmation e-mail as well :p

I submited the paperwork last Wednesday and received a verification email today :D

how did yall send in the paperwork? through mail, or can I just go and turn it into the office?

Hopefully, I hear back from them soon!

You will. I got the e-mail at about 5:20pm. It's like the last email of the day, so I think they will send more tomorrow. Keep calm, you're already in :nod:

or did anyone happen to interview with Dr. Masilamani?

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I'm so excited to see you guys in our awesome NEW building next year! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! So I have an interview on 11/11. It is my first one, so I am pretty nervous. Were the questions during the personal interview mainly from the questionnaire or did they ask different questions? Also can anyone elaborate more about the teamwork exercise? Like what do they look for? thanks!

Hey guys! So I have an interview on 11/11. It is my first one, so I am pretty nervous. Were the questions during the personal interview mainly from the questionnaire or did they ask different questions? Also can anyone elaborate more about the teamwork exercise? Like what do they look for? thanks!

From what I remember, they ask questions different from the questionnaire.
You will be asked to elaborate on your teamwork experience, leadership skills and work ethics mainly.

I can't say anything about the teamwork exercise, but I can promise that it's gonna be fun! :)

Did anyone who got accepted on the 21st who turned in their documents get a confirmation email yet??

Those who interviewed on 10/28, have you heard any responce?

Still waiting.

Hopefully they let us know by this Friday. Offices will be closed next week for the holiday. If that is the case then we would have to wait another two weeks. So hopefully this Friday we get lucky.

Hopefully they let us know by this Friday. Offices will be closed next week for the holiday. If that is the case then we would have to wait another two weeks. So hopefully this Friday we get lucky.

You usually hear back in 3-4 weeks. Good luck!

You usually hear back in 3-4 weeks. Good luck!
Thank you! This Friday is our 3rd week for those who interviewed 10/28. Next week would be the 4th however offices will be closed because of Thanksgiving /:
So hopefully this Friday is that day!