University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 days WOW That is intense!!! I think I might have a heart attack if I get an E-mail!!!! thanks for renewing my hope!!!:rolleyes:

hey danny, postivie vibes coming your way bro. stay positive! hope to see you there!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received the email from Certiphi about the background check after they rec'd the conditional admission email???

Has anyone received the email from Certiphi about the background check after they rec'd the conditional admission email???
Yes. The one from this "application station"?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who got accepted into Gville campus...if you want to move to Gville early or need an apartment for the summer pleasseee let me know!! I will be moving to Orlando and will be renting out my apt for may, june, and july. :)

Good luck to everyone with interviews on friday!

hey danny, postivie vibes coming your way bro. stay positive! hope to see you there!
Thanks Dude!!! or Gal!! lol!!! I really dont know!!! I thought having a masters would give me an edge but i guess not :(!

Hey guys I talked to UF COP and they r looking at 65 Fl state PCATS now and 95 out of state !

Hey guys I talked to UF COP and they r looking at 65 Fl state PCATS now and 95 out of state !

Are you saying that's their minimum PCAT scores they look at, respectively? On the PHARMCAS site, it says 50 in minimum.

Are you saying that's their minimum PCAT scores they look at, respectively? On the PHARMCAS site, it says 50 in minimum.
no it means they are reviewing applications of those people with pcats of 65 for in-state and 95 out of state :)

Any accepted people have any advice for the interview I've got tomorrow? Getting nervousssssss:scared:

Any accepted people have any advice for the interview I've got tomorrow? Getting nervousssssss:scared:
I think ut the first set of Jacksonville Apps bwg08 :)!! I'm sure u will get in! sending lots of positive energy to you man!! :thumbup:

My best advice is to just relax!! The interview is really low stress and the interviewers are just there to get to know you. It is a closed interview so they don't know anything about your application. My interview literally only lasted 10 minutes. They ask situational questions with one or two random/weird questions in there. But really just relax and be yourself and good luck, you'll do great!

I just finished my Jax interview, and I feel like the questions led me to answers that made me look kind of bad. Did anyone else feel this way? I feel like I was talking a lot about my weaknesses lol and now I am worried!

Members don't see this ad :)
My best advice is to just relax!! The interview is really low stress and the interviewers are just there to get to know you. It is a closed interview so they don't know anything about your application. My interview literally only lasted 10 minutes. They ask situational questions with one or two random/weird questions in there. But really just relax and be yourself and good luck, you'll do great!

Hmmm.. this has me thinking now. I am wondering since it is closed file, does that mean that once you do the interview everybody is now essentially on equal ground? For example, after you do the interview, do they then choose the best candidates based on the interview alone as opposed to the rest of their application? If your app gets you the interview, and then they base your acceptance on how you did at the interview then I might be in big trouble! I think I pretty much just bombed the interview :confused: . And they said that I should know something within a month :eek:. Here's to another month of waiting in agonizing anticipation...

Last edited:
I just finished my Jax interview, and I feel like the questions led me to answers that made me look kind of bad. Did anyone else feel this way? I feel like I was talking a lot about my weaknesses lol and now I am worried!
Yeah, I think that I'm in the same boat more or less. The worst part is that they were really not that difficult of questions. But for some reason they were really difficult for me to answer :rolleyes:. I wish I could get into more detail as of why, but as you all know, we are sworn to secrecy. I'm curious.. how long did they tell you it would take before you hear something back?

Last edited:

Hmmm.. this has me thinking now. I am wondering since it is closed file, does that mean that once you do the interview everybody is now essentially on equal ground? For example, after you do the interview, do they then choose the best candidates based on the interview alone as opposed to the rest of their application? If your app gets you the interview, and then they base your acceptance on how you did at the interview then I might be in big trouble! I think I pretty much just bombed the interview :confused: . And they said that I should know something within a month :eek:. Here's to another month of waiting in agonizing anticipation...

Hey I got there around 12:45pm but first of all, I don't think it will be a month more like a week or so to find out. Also, the interviewers know that people will be a little nervous. I am sure as long as you didn't say something catastrophic your academic record will speak for itself. Most school interviews like jobs only require an interview to gauge things that are not able to be put on paper. So don't worry I am sure you did fine.

I met a lot of people today at Jacksonville, I am really excited because I think we have a really good year group. I can't wait to meet all of you after all this doubt is over and we are relaxing over the long summer. I thought the student ambassadors were very friendly and honest, this helped to kill a majority of the time in between interviews and make it a lot of fun actually. For those of you that have an interview coming up don't get nervous, it is a great time and you will meet a ton of awesome people. Don't over think this whole process and try and enjoy these moments. I was Brian by the way so I hope I met some of you there this afternoon. I had a great time and I am looking forward to working with everyone in the near future.

Yeah, I think that I'm in the same boat more or less. The worst part is that they were really not that difficult of questions. But for some reason they were really difficult for me to answer :rolleyes:. I wish I could get into more detail as of why, but as you all know, we are sworn to secrecy. I'm curious.. how long did they tell you it would take before you hear something back?

After the interview they said sometime in the next 4 weeks but I really hope it does not take that long!

Yeah I got mine back in about 6 days saying that the investigation was complete. February 10th submitted, February 16th complete.

Last edited:
I met a lot of people today at Jacksonville, I am really excited because I think we have a really good year group. I can't wait to meet all of you after all this doubt is over and we are relaxing over the long summer. I thought the student ambassadors were very friendly and honest, this helped to kill a majority of the time in between interviews and make it a lot of fun actually. For those of you that have an interview coming up don't get nervous, it is a great time and you will meet a ton of awesome people. Don't over think this whole process and try and enjoy these moments. I was Brian by the way so I hope I met some of you there this afternoon. I had a great time and I am looking forward to working with everyone in the near future.

Is this Brian from FSCJ/Dr. L's class? I know that there were at least three Brians there today so I'm just checking. I agree with you about this being a really good group. I definitely agree about the student ambassadors being great. They were super nice, helpful and answered plenty of questions. I honestly dont think that they could have done any better of a job than they did today. I actually had several good conversations with a couple of them. I wonder if they have any input in the decision making process...

I'm certainly wouldn't want to scare anybody who has an interview coming up. The whole process was pretty easy going and relaxed and as I already mentioned, the student ambassadors were great. I think even the interview questions themselves would probably be pretty easy for a majority of people to answer. But for me, it was just really hard to come up with examples for those particular questions. They just didn't necessarily apply to me. And I can't really explain why without getting into details about the questions. I definitely didn't saying anything catastrophic, but more like not much at all. I basically ended up pleading the 5th on a couple of the questions. Haha. I mean I more or less had to all but pass on two of the questions and there were only like three! How bad is that!? I was really surprised that the interview wasnt' any longer. I spent more time asking them questions, than the other way around. All I can do is laugh about it now. But really... it wasn't very funny.

At the time, I thought that I might just be freezing up due to nerves. But in all honesty, 12 hours later and I still can't think of an answer or an example to the questions they asked. All I can do is just hope that they believe me when I said it had been a very long time since I had been in a situation like that. But it seems unlikely.. I'm having a hard time believing it myself. I wonder if everyone had the same questions...

"After the interview they said sometime in the next 4 weeks but I really hope it does not take that long! Yesterday 07:05 PM"

As far as the whole 4 weeks thing goes, I agree with both of you that 4 weeks is most likely at the very far end pf the spectrum since it seems most others have been hearing back in a week or two. I'm sure that they're simply allowing themselves extra time just in case. I certainly hope so b/c it seems like ever since I took the PCAT 6 months ago my life has been filled with a WHOLE lot of anxious waiting through this whole application process, and with very little control over the outcome. And like Brian said, I'm also very ready for this uncertainty and doubt to be gone so we began to relax and enjoy the summer.

Good luck to everyone!

Brian

Is this Brian from FSCJ/Dr. L's class? I know that there were at least three Brians there today so I'm just checking. I agree with you about this being a really good group. I definitely agree about the student ambassadors being great. They were super nice, helpful and answered plenty of questions. I honestly dont think that they could have done any better of a job than they did today. I actually had several good conversations with a couple of them. I wonder if they have any input in the decision making process...

I'm certainly wouldn't want to scare anybody who has an interview coming up. The whole process was pretty easy going and relaxed and as I already mentioned, the student ambassadors were great. I think even the interview questions themselves would probably be pretty easy for a majority of people to answer. But for me, it was just really hard to come up with examples for those particular questions. They just didn't necessarily apply to me. And I can't really explain why without getting into details about the questions. I definitely didn't saying anything catastrophic, but more like not much at all. I basically ended up pleading the 5th on a couple of the questions. Haha. I mean I more or less had to all but pass on two of the questions and there were only like three! How bad is that!? I was really surprised that the interview wasnt' any longer. I spent more time asking them questions, than the other way around. All I can do is laugh about it now. But really... it wasn't very funny.

At the time, I thought that I might just be freezing up due to nerves. But in all honesty, 12 hours later and I still can't think of an answer or an example to the questions they asked. All I can do is just hope that they believe me when I said it had been a very long time since I had been in a situation like that. But it seems unlikely.. I'm having a hard time believing it myself. I wonder if everyone had the same questions...

"After the interview they said sometime in the next 4 weeks but I really hope it does not take that long! Yesterday 07:05 PM"

As far as the whole 4 weeks thing goes, I agree with both of you that 4 weeks is most likely at the very far end pf the spectrum since it seems most others have been hearing back in a week or two. I'm sure that they're simply allowing themselves extra time just in case. I certainly hope so b/c it seems like ever since I took the PCAT 6 months ago my life has been filled with a WHOLE lot of anxious waiting through this whole application process, and with very little control over the outcome. And like Brian said, I'm also very ready for this uncertainty and doubt to be gone so we began to relax and enjoy the summer.

Good luck to everyone!

Brian

Yeah I am that Brian go ORGO, I must have gotten a softball then... My questions was something I had seen before so I only got asked one because I talked about it for about 10 minutes. Then I asked a few questions about rotations, and residency, and eventually how to work at UF as a professor later on. After that they said it would be "up to 3 weeks" to hear something back. But, don't worry about it... I am pretty sure that you presented yourself well. Remember that the final decision is based off of a composite of your different attributes...academics, PCAT, LOR's, personal profile/essay, and finally interviews. The way that it worked at South Carolina is that your interview was given a score that was averaged into your other scores from the areas previously mentioned. Then you were ranked against your piers and a decision is made whether to conditionally accept you or place you on the alternates list by a committee of professors and administrators (this is usually the cause for the delay). Either way I think you will have a strong position so I would not worry about it. Just try and distract yourself for the next few days...

Ok dude. You should get an 'I'm pretty rude badge'. Congratulations, now everyone here knows what you are really like... and I think you are the one putting words in my mouth, so you are the ASSuming person.

I think that what broland is trying to say is that we here are all adults who have done enough research to determine that this is a school that we would like to attend. It is obvious that you are a current UF student with an axe to grind, however, this is not an appropriate outlet for your frustrations. This forum is meant to share advice and give encouragement to those who are in the application stage. That being said, your negative comments will not be well received and my suggestion to you is to find a forum more suitable to your purpose. If you persist in dragging negativity into this thread, I will have you blocked.
Good luck to the rest of you.

Ok dude. You should get an 'I'm pretty rude badge'. Congratulations, now everyone here knows what you are really like... and I think you are the one putting words in my mouth, so you are the ASSuming person.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please don't feed the Troll.

Has anyone Gotten invitations for may 6 at Jacksonville or may 16th at St. Pete?:confused:

Yeah I am that Brian go ORGO, I must have gotten a softball then... My questions was something I had seen before so I only got asked one because I talked about it for about 10 minutes. Then I asked a few questions about rotations, and residency, and eventually how to work at UF as a professor later on. After that they said it would be "up to 3 weeks" to hear something back. But, don't worry about it... I am pretty sure that you presented yourself well. Remember that the final decision is based off of a composite of your different attributes...academics, PCAT, LOR's, personal profile/essay, and finally interviews. The way that it worked at South Carolina is that your interview was given a score that was averaged into your other scores from the areas previously mentioned. Then you were ranked against your piers and a decision is made whether to conditionally accept you or place you on the alternates list by a committee of professors and administrators (this is usually the cause for the delay). Either way I think you will have a strong position so I would not worry about it. Just try and distract yourself for the next few days...

Yeah distracting myself for a few days (hopefully not 4 weeks) is what i need to do. The way they do it at SC makes sense. I've actually been wondering about that for a while, whether your interview was just scored/ weighted and then thrown in as part of a overall composite of your entire application, or whether the interview was the equivalent of pharmacy school playoffs. Haha. Like once the regular season (the rest of your app) is over everybody starts off with the same record and then it's essentially 'sudden death' from there. I've never been able to find anything definitive on exactly how UF, or just about any other school for that matter, factors in the interview. But the way that SC does it would seem the most logical..

Yeah distracting myself for a few days (hopefully not 4 weeks) is what i need to do. The way they do it at SC makes sense. I've actually been wondering about that for a while, whether your interview was just scored/ weighted and then thrown in as part of a overall composite of your entire application, or whether the interview was the equivalent of pharmacy school playoffs. Haha. Like once the regular season (the rest of your app) is over everybody starts off with the same record and then it's essentially 'sudden death' from there. I've never been able to find anything definitive on exactly how UF, or just about any other school for that matter, factors in the interview. But the way that SC does it would seem the most logical..
OK Just repeating a rumor here, But according to one of my teachers, whom is in the admissions board for an other professional program at UF, the interviewees performance is added to an overall score composed of recommendation letters, past academic performance, PCAT score, and to a lesser degree the interview and personal statement. So inferring from that I guess it just adds (or not) a certain number of points to one's total "score"; Yet I remember him saying it was also a measure to make sure the person is not completely socially inapt and is fluent in the language as most professional schools have lots of 1 to 1 interactions with other humans...lol

OK Just repeating a rumor here, But according to one of my teachers, whom is in the admissions board for an other professional program at UF, the interviewees performance is added to an overall score composed of recommendation letters, past academic performance, PCAT score, and to a lesser degree the interview and personal statement. So inferring from that I guess it just adds (or not) a certain number of points to one's total "score"; Yet I remember him saying it was also a measure to make sure the person is not completely socially inapt and is fluent in the language as most professional schools have lots of 1 to 1 interactions with other humans...lol

Hey Danny, thanks for your input here. I guess it's pretty much settled then. (or maybe not quite officially since you say this is based on a rumor). But either way, it's definitely good to know.

good luck to everyone who interviewed over the past week! going in this friday, can't wait to get past this last hurdle! :xf:

good luck to everyone who interviewed over the past week! going in this friday, can't wait to get past this last hurdle! :xf:

I'm sure you'll be just fine, just relax & remember that they are human as well :)

Yeah man just Relax your going to do great!! what is your first preference campus wise??

Honestly, I haven't heard of one person being denied after they interviewed. UF really only interviews people they want to accept, so they wouldn't have given you an interview if they didn't think you were worthy! I would think the interview is closed file because they just want to get a better sense of who you are, regardless of grades and PCAT scores. The interviewers expect everyone to be nervous and they aren't expecting perfect answers to the questions. As long as you didn't run out of the interview or cry I am sure you are fine lol. Good luck!

Does anyone know if UF takes any other courses in place of Biology 2? I was planning to take it during the summer, but I may not be able to. Am I screwed if I get accepted, and I won't be able to take Biology 2? FML.

Does anyone know if UF takes any other courses in place of Biology 2? I was planning to take it during the summer, but I may not be able to. Am I screwed if I get accepted, and I won't be able to take Biology 2? FML.
Give U COP a Call, Probably a Class like molecular and cell biology might do the trick, but again I think u need both Biology classes and orgo 2 for that....Maybe an online course...and then u just got to go to the lab 1 a week!! or take it at Santafe or something!! is it work that is not letting u take it or fun?

Most schools have very strict requirements and the conditional in acceptance means that you complete all requirements. Full acceptance is not granted until the school gets all your transcripts, which may be after you start in the fall, so you are given conditional first. You would help yourself by taking as many science courses as you can before pharmacy school. I don't know about UF policy in particular.

Orlando was my first choice and that's where I'm interviewing. has anyone with the orlando interview this friday received the email with instructions? Penny said we'd receive an email the week of interview. dont wanna email her as i know shes busy so thought i'd check here first.

Orlando was my first choice and that's where I'm interviewing. has anyone with the orlando interview this friday received the email with instructions? Penny said we'd receive an email the week of interview. dont wanna email her as i know shes busy so thought i'd check here first.

I received an email from Dr. St. Onge on Tuesday, April 12 with more instructions for the April 22 interview on the Orlando campus. She gave me an interview time and informed me I should plan to be on campus between 10:00 AM -12:00 PM.

Good luck with your interview. I'll see you there!

I received an email from Dr. St. Onge on Tuesday, April 12 with more instructions for the April 22 interview on the Orlando campus. She gave me an interview time and informed me I should plan to be on campus between 10:00 AM -12:00 PM.

Good luck with your interview. I'll see you there!

hey gatorgal. i actually got this email from dr. st. onge first (on 3/18), before I got the email from penny (3/22). Strange! Dr. st. onge says my interview is @ 9:30 so hopefully i'll still get to meet up with you guys.

i thought we'd maybe get an email directing us to a specific building or something but if thats it, thats it! I'm excited. hope to meet you all there.

brandon :thumbup:

As long as you didn't run out of the interview or cry I am sure you are fine lol. Good luck!

Haha. No, nothing like that. Although at one point I did request to speak with my attorney. :eek: J/K! So has anybody else noticed themselves feeling a little more superstitious lately? I'm usually not superstitious, but these past few weeks I've noticed myself beginning to develop a few routines. Anyway, thanks to everyone who has contributed with input and advice..

hey gatorgal. i actually got this email from dr. st. onge first (on 3/18), before I got the email from penny (3/22). Strange! Dr. st. onge says my interview is @ 9:30 so hopefully i'll still get to meet up with you guys.

i thought we'd maybe get an email directing us to a specific building or something but if thats it, thats it! I'm excited. hope to meet you all there.

brandon :thumbup:

I interviewed at UF orlando with the first group in march. I received the same email as you guys where they did not mention a specific room. As long as you get there in time, there will be people standing around inside/outside the main areas to direct you towards the right building. Good luck!

thanks for the tip rubisco. i guess the address is the same address in dr. st. onge's signature. hopefully we'll be classmates next year. :xf:

Seems like some people who interviewed on a Friday heard back the following Wed. Anybody who interviewed in Jax this past Friday think will be that lucky?

Seems like some people who interviewed on a Friday heard back the following Wed. Anybody who interviewed in Jax this past Friday think will be that lucky?

I heard the same thing- I had a friend interview in Gainesville on a Friday and got an email the following Wed. I can tell I am getting my hopes up but I am trying not to think about it too much. Do you think it is possible they will wait until the second interview group goes so that all Jax people find out at the same time? That would make me sad lol

I heard the same thing- I had a friend interview in Gainesville on a Friday and got an email the following Wed. I can tell I am getting my hopes up but I am trying not to think about it too much. Do you think it is possible they will wait until the second interview group goes so that all Jax people find out at the same time? That would make me sad lol

I don't think so because they haven't done that with the other campuses. If they did that would be really strange to me.

Give U COP a Call, Probably a Class like molecular and cell biology might do the trick, but again I think u need both Biology classes and orgo 2 for that....Maybe an online course...and then u just got to go to the lab 1 a week!! or take it at Santafe or something!! is it work that is not letting u take it or fun?

I am about to finish my first year at Jax and I did not have Biology 2. They accepted my cell biology in place of General Bio 2. You can contact the admission office once you get conditional acceptance and Dr McKenzie will let you know if certain classes are OK for replacement.

Guys has anyone received invites for the last 2 interviews?

does anyone have the link for UF COP St. Pete campus?