University of Florida COP c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't do early admission and I got accepted for Orlando campus. It was my first choice.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, did UF notify you when they received you academic update? I did mine several weeks ago.

Hello everyone,

How is the curriculum at UF for pharmacy? Is it an amazing experience? Is the stress load of all pharmacy schools similar? A lot of people debate that UF is #1 but is just based on how you feel you will fit in at the school and tuition? I am debating for USF, NSU, and UF to which I have received acceptances, however I am lost as to how to choose for a school that is best for me.

Thanks for any input :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I got accepted to the Gainesville campus yesterday. Can't wait to meet you all come August!

Reactions: 1 user
So happpppy for you, do you mind sharing your stats?

Mari

Thanks!

I don't think my stats are THAT great o_O

GPA: Overall - 3.3; Science - 3.2
PCAT: 88 Composite
~ 1 year of pharmacy technician experience

I did have a ton of volunteer hours (did a lot of work with United Way and Relay for Life) and I think my supplemental was pretty strong too.

Good luck to all those still applying!

Your stats are great!!!
Good job! :) how was the interview?

Mari

Your stats are great!!!
Good job! :) how was the interview?

Mari

The actual interview is only about 20 mins. The rest of the day you spend learning about the school and curriculum, and you even have a chance to tour the facilities.

They asked typical questions you would encounter in any job interview and such, like "why pharmacy?" and things like that. It was very laid-back and conversational, no need to be nervous :)

If anyone attends the PharmD. event at the Orlando campus tomorrow... could you give me a brief recap and rundown of what they go over? I am unable to make it.

The actual interview is only about 20 mins. The rest of the day you spend learning about the school and curriculum, and you even have a chance to tour the facilities.

They asked typical questions you would encounter in any job interview and such, like "why pharmacy?" and things like that. It was very laid-back and conversational, no need to be nervous :)

Thanks!! I am still waiting to hear bacj, I got an email from Mary Beth two weeks back saying everything was in order and they were reviewing the application. She advised me that they would contact me within the next two weeks (so far, nothing). If I don't hear back after this week I am following up.

Anyone going to Orlando campus or any former students have any thoughts concerning any difference between Gainesville and Also places to live?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited! I just got an email for an interview on 03/13! :soexcited:
I just emailed admissions,

I HAVE NO HEARD ANYTHING, THIS ISNT LOOKING GOOD, TEAR TEAR!!!

BUT CONGRATS TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYYAYAYA
UF IS MY TOP CHOICE!

Accepted to Gainesville as well. Feels good :thumbup:
Gainesville's campus is really nice! I did my M.S. in pharmaceutical chemistry through UF Distance Ed, and we had to take an on-site cumulative final at the end of the program in lieu of a traditional thesis defense, so I was able to visit the school and was very impressed! You will love it!

I'm looking at attending University of Montana next cycle

Just had an interview on 03/13 in Gainesville. I was thoroughly impressed with the resources and overall mission of UF. Had an interview at USF the week before and I honestly felt they were lacking in comparison. Although I've already gotten accepted into USF, UF is definitely my top choice.

Just had an interview on 03/13 in Gainesville. I was thoroughly impressed with the resources and overall mission of UF. Had an interview at USF the week before and I honestly felt they were lacking in comparison. Although I've already gotten accepted into USF, UF is definitely my top choice.
Oh cool. I also had an interview at UF Gainesville campus on that day too. You more or less took the words right out of my mouth. I did feel a positive 'togetherness' vibe from USF though. To me, USF was pretty nice but UF was much better! It's one of my top schools along with FAMU

Oh cool. I also had an interview at UF Gainesville campus on that day too. You more or less took the words right out of my mouth. I did feel a positive 'togetherness' vibe from USF though. To me, USF was pretty nice but UF was much better! It's one of my top schools along with FAMU
I feel the same way! I was accepted to both and while UF is ranked #9 in the nation, USF stands apart to me because the small class size and seeing the professors daily.

Hello all, congrats to those of you who have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

I just interviewed yesterday and am awaiting a response, if anyone here interviewed on 3/20 please post when you first get word. Thanks in advanced

Stats
PCAT 99th
GPA 2.89 (PharmCas Total)
BS Biology with Chem Minor (FIU)
6 years as a tech

Last edited:
Hello all, congrats to those of you who have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting.

I just interviewed yesterday and am awaiting a response, if anyone here interviewed on 3/20 please post when you first get word. Thanks in advanced

Stats
PCAT 99th
GPA 2.89 (PharmCas Total)
BS Biology with Chem Minor (FIU)
6 years as a
Hopefully you'll get an acceptance letter on the same week as well. Your stats are pretty good. Which campus is your first choice if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
I got my acceptance to the Orlando campus today! My second choice but I applied super late and beggars cant be choosers so yeah see y'all in person/video in the fall :soexcited:

I got my acceptance to the Orlando campus today! My second choice but I applied super late and beggars cant be choosers so yeah see y'all in person/video in the fall :soexcited:
Congrats! Surprisingly, Orlando campus is the most popular one with the applicants.:clap: I'm sure you'll have fun there.

Still waiting to hear back from UF about an interview invite. Has anyone been offered an interview in April yet?

Anyone heard anything in the last 2 weeks or so? Apparently the board is meeting today so we may all hear soon. *fingers crossed*

Hey guys! I was placed on the wait list, but recently got accepted to UF at the Jacksonville campus! I can post my stats if anyone wants them.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Hey! When were you placed on the list? Did they tell you your position on the list? I'm also waitlisted.