University of South Florida College of Pharmacy [2016-2017 Cycle Applicants]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_jafar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I haven't seen a USF COP thread for Fall 2017 admission yet.
The supplemental application should be live August 1st.

Good luck to all applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome. I'm glad I found this thread. I was just about to make one. I submitted everything, just waiting to take the pcat. I really hope I get in. :)

I am applying as well. Should have my application done in a couple days. I take the PCAT September 9th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying as well. Should have my application done in a couple days. I take the PCAT September 9th.
I take mine sept. 8th but I'm freaking out. May I ask how are you studying ? And do you feel confident?

I'm a current 4th year at USF. If any of you have questions about the program, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them. Thanks.

I'm a current 4th year at USF. If any of you have questions about the program, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them. Thanks.
Hi

How would you rate your time there? And also how is campus life? Thanks in advance.

Hi

How would you rate your time there? And also how is campus life? Thanks in advance.

7/10 for my time there. Would have probably been better had I not been so heavily retail-oriented.

Campus life is...ehh if you're expecting something like back in undergrad then you're going to be disappointed. For many of the people in my class, we go to class and then go home/go to the library to study.

How is the course work and course load? Do you think a person would be able to maintain a part time job, excel in class, while still having a social life?

I took my PCAT in July and working on the application right now. I'm so nervous :( Has anyone submitted your application yet?

How is the course work and course load? Do you think a person would be able to maintain a part time job, excel in class, while still having a social life?

Coursework is manageable even with a job. I worked 30 hours a week as an intern and still passed all of my classes, but my social life suffered. I was able to hang out with friends after class and go get lunch/dinner and do other small things with them, but anything bigger than that was a no-go due to time constraints. Regardless, my social life would have dramatically improved if I hadn't worked so much but it was a necessary sacrifice to make.

I took my PCAT in July and working on the application right now. I'm so nervous :( Has anyone submitted your application yet?
I submitted my application. I take my pcat next Thursday and I'm really freaking out.

I was wondering did you guys do all three essays for the supplemental application? I have prepared myself for the first two, and realized today that all 3 are required. For the third one, " If you had the opportunity to speak before the Admissions Committee, what would you want them to know about you? Be sure to share with them something about you that they have not already read in your PharmCAS application. You are limited to 4500 characters. If you had the opportunity to speak before the Admissions Committee, what would you want them to know about you? Be sure to share with them something about you that they have not already read in your PharmCAS application." I dont know what else should I talk about myself since I already listed everything in pharmcas. How important is the supplemental application?

Does anyone have interview date for early decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just started my application process and take my pcat on January 4th... ehhh best of luck everyone

I was wondering did you guys do all three essays for the supplemental application? I have prepared myself for the first two, and realized today that all 3 are required. For the third one, " If you had the opportunity to speak before the Admissions Committee, what would you want them to know about you? Be sure to share with them something about you that they have not already read in your PharmCAS application. You are limited to 4500 characters. If you had the opportunity to speak before the Admissions Committee, what would you want them to know about you? Be sure to share with them something about you that they have not already read in your PharmCAS application." I dont know what else should I talk about myself since I already listed everything in pharmcas. How important is the supplemental application?

I think the supplemental might be important since it's USF asking you the questions specifically. I did answer all three essays for the supplemental. It doesn't have to be anything complicated for the first question! Simple and straightforward doesn't hurt.

7/10 for my time there. Would have probably been better had I not been so heavily retail-oriented.

Campus life is...ehh if you're expecting something like back in undergrad then you're going to be disappointed. For many of the people in my class, we go to class and then go home/go to the library to study.
Did you find that USF focuses more on clinical oriented? Since you say it would have been a better experience had you not been interested in retail. Thanks in advance!

Did you find that USF focuses more on clinical oriented? Since you say it would have been a better experience had you not been interested in retail. Thanks in advance!

Yeah it was way more clinical-oriented. However, every pharmacy school across the country is going to be like that. It's not just a USF thing.

Coursework is manageable even with a job. I worked 30 hours a week as an intern and still passed all of my classes, but my social life suffered. I was able to hang out with friends after class and go get lunch/dinner and do other small things with them, but anything bigger than that was a no-go due to time constraints. Regardless, my social life would have dramatically improved if I hadn't worked so much but it was a necessary sacrifice to make.
What is your current GPA in pharm school? What are your plans after you graduate?

What is your current GPA in pharm school? What are your plans after you graduate?

3.0 or so. I plan to work in retail with the chain I've been interning at since I started pharmacy school.

I have not seen anyone post about getting accepted or rejected for early decision to USF COP.

I did get a rather odd promotional email from them yesterday listing reasons why they should be my #1 choice. If I am applying to them under early decision, I've already indicted they are my # 1 choice so why would they send me the mass-market "Message from the Dean - Why USFCOP" email?

Today is the deadline for them to notify us [to be released from early decision as needed] and my nerves are wrecked. Not only that, but now I'm starting to put on a tin foil hat and thinking that the mass-market promotional message I received yesterday was sent in mistake and they actually intended to send a generic rejection letter.

I did my research and really want to go to USF. I know I'll be glued to my phone today hoping for a call, hopefully not in vain.

I got that email yesterday too. :( it is nerve racking to have my life hanging in the balance. What was your interview date?

I have not seen anyone post about getting accepted or rejected for early decision to USF COP.

I did get a rather odd promotional email from them yesterday listing reasons why they should be my #1 choice. If I am applying to them under early decision, I've already indicted they are my # 1 choice so why would they send me the mass-market "Message from the Dean - Why USFCOP" email?

Today is the deadline for them to notify us [to be released from early decision as needed] and my nerves are wrecked. Not only that, but now I'm starting to put on a tin foil hat and thinking that the mass-market promotional message I received yesterday was sent in mistake and they actually intended to send a generic rejection letter.

I did my research and really want to go to USF. I know I'll be glued to my phone today hoping for a call, hopefully not in vain.

[removed]

Last edited:
I got accepted! They called me when I was in my Biochemistry class so it went to voicemail [about an hour ago]. I called back and it took every ounce of self-control I had not to start hugging random strangers near me.

I got accepted! They called me when I was in my Biochemistry class so it went to voicemail [about an hour ago]. I called back and it took every ounce of self-control I had not to start hugging random strangers near me.
Congratulation to you too!

Is there any advice/things you wish you had known before starting at USF that you could share?

Is there any advice/things you wish you had known before starting at USF that you could share?

It's not so much something I wish I had known, but more of reassuring my P1 self that working while in school is the best thing I could ever do for myself despite just how many sacrifices I had to make.

Hi! I'm thinking of applying early for early decision next cycle so by September 2017. Right now I'm sitting at a 3.32 GPA, I know their website says 2.75 preferred but that really doesn't give me any information on around what number they usually admit. If you three that got in on early decision wouldn't mind sharing I would love to know !

Hi,
Can any current students comment on what the class schedule is like? Do you have classes 5 days a week? Trying to decide if I want to accept an interview at USF or just take an acceptance from a different school, and knowing how flexible (or inflexible) classes are would really help. Thanks!

[removed]

Last edited:
Hi,
Can any current students comment on what the class schedule is like? Do you have classes 5 days a week? Trying to decide if I want to accept an interview at USF or just take an acceptance from a different school, and knowing how flexible (or inflexible) classes are would really help. Thanks!

You usually have class 5 days a week. Some days can be pretty long and you'll be on campus from 8-4PM or so and others will be just one class and you're out by 10-11AM.

I have an interview on 3/7
Anyone have any advice about the interview at USF?
I always get nervous with them :scared:

I have an interview on 3/7
Anyone have any advice about the interview at USF?
I always get nervous with them :scared:

Congrats! I have an interview at USF 3/7 as well! I've heard the interview questions themselves are straightforward, but they make you do a group project to see how you do as far as your teamwork skills go.

Congrats! I have an interview at USF 3/7 as well! I've heard the interview questions themselves are straightforward, but they make you do a group project to see how you do as far as your teamwork skills go.

Oh wow! That sounds more nerve wrecking. But all we can do is do our best when the time comes right?

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone already interviewed and if you heard back yet? I had my interview today 2/14 and wanted to know about how long it takes to hear back! Good luck to everyone :)

Hey guys was just wondering if anyone already interviewed and if you heard back yet? I had my interview today 2/14 and wanted to know about how long it takes to hear back! Good luck to everyone :)

Also had my interview yesterday. She said 2-3 weeks but I am hoping sooner.

Futurepharmacist2016- Were you part of the morning or afternoon group?? Hope we get in!!