University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still waiting on an interview invite. when did you get yours?

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply I had gotten an interview. I meant to reference Boland's invite, which he received on March 22. Still waiting. :confused:

What are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Has everyone from the March 18th Orlando interview group heard back yet? I still haven't heard back... getting nervous and antsy. St. Pete heard back so quickly!

Last edited:
Nobody gives the J-ville campus love. Any J'villers out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone :D
A few tips

-Weigh classes accordingly, don't waste time on a minor quiz when a major exam is on the same day

-Make friends with upperclassmen ASAP! Some professors are ok with you using old exams/quizzes to study, don't be shy about asking the 2's and 3's for their stuff, it helps A LOT!!!

-Striving for a 4.0 will make you miserable, not to mention it nearly is impossible. There are several years in the Dean's List where 0/~300 were able to get all A's (and this was before they introduced the +/- system last year)

-Don't join 4 organizations, just stick to 1 or 2 that you can make an impact on

-Find a way to de-stress yourself outside of school

-Traditionally every campus has maintained and kept to their own facebook page, but last year we started a facebook group involving all 4 campuses and it has worked out great, look into it

There will be times when you feel absolutely terrible as you cram for your billionth exam and you're on the verge of breaking down. Just remember the adcoms saw something in you resembling greatness, and that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips!...very good to know :)

I got in as well =) to the St Pete campus!!! I'll see you all on the group page:)

Has anyone received invitations for the April 18, 22 or May 6 interviews??

Congrats to everyone :D
A few tips

-Weigh classes accordingly, don't waste time on a minor quiz when a major exam is on the same day

-Make friends with upperclassmen ASAP! Some professors are ok with you using old exams/quizzes to study, don't be shy about asking the 2's and 3's for their stuff, it helps A LOT!!!

-Striving for a 4.0 will make you miserable, not to mention it nearly is impossible. There are several years in the Dean's List where 0/~300 were able to get all A's (and this was before they introduced the +/- system last year)

-Don't join 4 organizations, just stick to 1 or 2 that you can make an impact on

-Find a way to de-stress yourself outside of school

-Traditionally every campus has maintained and kept to their own facebook page, but last year we started a facebook group involving all 4 campuses and it has worked out great, look into it

There will be times when you feel absolutely terrible as you cram for your billionth exam and you're on the verge of breaking down. Just remember the adcoms saw something in you resembling greatness, and that there is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the tips!! :) :)

Just wondering, any tips for where to pick for housing? Any areas in particular maybe that cater to pre-professional students or anything?

To all my fellow 2015'ers, Congrats and I can't wait to meet you all in August for orientation!!

To all of those who are still waiting to hear back, have faith.... If you had asked me in August what I thought my chances of getting into UF were, I would have laughed and told you a snowballs chance in hell....have faith and it will all work out for the best!!!

yea i think only the gaineville and stpete campus heard back within a week. I haven't heard of anyone from orlando getting a response back that early, so if i were you, I wouldn't worry. :oops:

Nobody gives the J-ville campus love. Any J'villers out there?

That's because there hasn't been any interviews for Jax yet- the first one is April 15 I believe. They made us wait quite a while- I got my interview invitation in the middle of Feb lol. Oh well

I guess I will be meeting a couple of you guys at the Orlando Campus on April 22nd!!!!!!! :love:

Excited is an understatement!!!

@ Broland.. I see you graduated from my Alma mater.. UCF.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey nevergiveup. I actually graduate this semester. My UF interview is 4/22 @ Orlando Campus. Congrats to all those who were accepted this round!! I can't wait for 4/22, it's killing me! :thumbup:

:xf:

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys already have bachelor's degrees that have been accepted thus far?

it seems like the large majority do.

I'm just curious.

Good luck to you guys interviewing in April!:thumbup:

Hey Plus,
I am graduating with my BS this semester from UCF. I also have an AA from '07, and am graduating with an AS in Chemical Technology from our local community college this semester as well.

I completely understand what you're feeling. I was SO disappointed with the UF St. Pete campus that I am actually having thoughts of attending LECOM Brandenton instead (turned down my seat at Nova Fort Lauderdale for LECOM Bradenton because of Nova's accreditation problems in years past). Is UF really worth it? (I can't believe I am even asking that question..)

You will not be saving as much as you think. Go where you will be most comfortable and happy.

Last edited:
Congrats gatorgirl and broland! I also graduated with my BS last summer.

Hey nevergiveup. I actually graduate this semester. My UF interview is 4/22 @ Orlando Campus. Congrats to all those who were accepted this round!! I can't wait for 4/22, it's killing me! :thumbup:

:xf:

I share your same sentiments exactly, but I'm sure the post interview wait is going to be the worst!

You are right. UF puts strong emphasis on the PCAT score. It sounds like you have good strong instincts. Thank you for serving our country and supporting the US Constitution and our rights to free speech!

Anyone on here that is planning to attend the Orlando campus COP know a good place to live, meet potential roommates etc…? I am from South Florida and have really no clue. The campus itself is in the middle of nowhere. Also with the potential of the new campus opening in 2012 I am thinking about a place somewhere in between? Any ideas?

There are a lot of scammers on CL, so I recommend not using that to find roommates. You are best renting an apt. They run $400 on average, but utilities are expensive, prob $150-200/mo ele/water/cable min. Most people have a roommate and live in small 2 bedrooms for $800+utilities. For location, a lot of students live in Forest City, which is just east of Apopka and close to a mall/Walmart/...so the apts there will cater more to students. There is really no good place to live. I plan to move somewhere east next year when the campus moves. Orlando has a very high crime rate, so be extra cautious!

Last edited:
Just so you guys know. UF is raising its tuition every year. They raised it almost 3000 last year. For those that care that you will be paying back a loan over 100,000 in 4 yrs + interest, you should consider going to a private school where your money buys you some respect and academic honors.

I did a little research after your post since the number really shocked the hell out of me... and I found this chart http://www.ir.ufl.edu/factbook/vi-05_hist.pdf

The semester tuition has continued to go up by a little more than a $1000 each semester. In tuition fees and other miscellaneous costs including housing, laptop, etc... the average cost per year is around $20,000 and up. A private school such as Nova or Lecom averages to about $40,000 and up. A large difference, taking in mind that tuition at a private school averages at about $28,000, almost double the cost of UF (Florida residents only).

Just so you guys know. UF is raising its tuition every year. They raised it almost 3000 last year. For those that care that you will be paying back a loan over 100,000 in 4 yrs + interest, you should consider going to a private school where your money buys you some respect and academic honors.

I dont really understand how going to a private school will buy one some respect and academic honors.

And its not just UF thast raising tuition price. If you look at any school, tuition usually goes up every year

Exactly. and everyone is entitled to free speech, thank goodness for that. But bashing a school you're applying to on an open forum where the ADCOM frequents isnt the brightest thing to do.. but that's just my .02

That's right, there's no respect or honor in graduating from a nationally top 10 rated school, this is all just a bunch of pish tosh...(and that was a little heavy on the sarcasm for the slower kids in the class :D)

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys already have bachelor's degrees that have been accepted thus far?

it seems like the large majority do.

I'm just curious.

Good luck to you guys interviewing in April!:thumbup:

Got my B.S. in Chemistry (Biochem track) from UF last summer. :)

Has anyone received interview invites for the later dates yet? I'm getting really anxious.

Is there anyone I can call to ask about my application status?

Has anyone received interview invites for the later dates yet? I'm getting really anxious.

Is there anyone I can call to ask about my application status?

I'm in the same position as you are I'm dying here!! I will sure let u know if I receive mine !

by the way what r ur stats I'm trying to see what trends they r following for invites.

I'm in the same position as you are I'm dying here!! I will sure let u know if I receive mine !

by the way what r ur stats I'm trying to see what trends they r following for invites.

I am dying, too! Pharmcas had a computer error that caused my application to be sent late to UF. At least I know they have my complete application. Playing the waiting game. I graduated over 10 years ago with a BS in Biology. My stats are:

science gpa: 3.44
PCAT: 76 (I am worried though because I scored low on one of the sub-sections.)

Hoping to go to the Orlando campus. :xf: I will definitely post if I get an invite. Good luck to everyone that is waiting!

I'm still waiting as well. They didn't send me anything to let me know if my application was complete either. Hmm. My stats are:

Science GPA: ~3.3 (3.5 overall)
PCAT: Comp 90, (61 in math, 68 in chem though)

I will post when I hear as well!

All of your stats are awesome! Here's mine:

Science GPA: 3.0
Overall: 3.27
PCAT: Composite 89
UF undergrad

I got an e-mail from Dr. McKenzie in March saying they received my application, but required more information. Haven't heard from them since.

Best of luck to all of us. :xf:

Last edited:
yea i think only the gaineville and stpete campus heard back within a week. I haven't heard of anyone from orlando getting a response back that early, so if i were you, I wouldn't worry. :oops:

I interviewed on March 18th at the Orlando campus and I received my conditional acceptance letter the following Wednesday.

I just received my interview invite for the Orlando Campus on April 22!! So excited!!!:soexcited:

congrats gatorgal! I'll be there w/ a grey suit black shirt and blue & orange tie. anybody else who will be there on the 22nd let it be known so we can all stress collectively! lol

No bashing here. You are right, UF has a strong reputation.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! What r ur stats out of Curiosity ?!

science gpa: 3.44
pcat score: 76

Good luck to you! I have definitely felt the stress of waiting for a response. Hopefully, you will have good news sooner rather than later.:luck:

You will see. No bashing here. Just telling you how it is. Some people just don't want to handle the truth. You are right, UF has a strong reputation. But you won't get the grades you are used to or want.

Dude...stop posting on this site...your posts are obnoxious

Dude...stop posting on this site...your posts are obnoxious

thanks for saying what we're all thinking..

and slap, where I come from, or at least in my opinion, no one gets the grades they WANT. you earn your grades and generally the grades you receive are indicative of the effort you put in to each class. maybe you should put more effort into your studies.

and you're assuming that we havent thought about the points you're making? we're all big boys and girls here, and if were entering graduate level education i'd like to think we've put some thought into it... you know what they say about ASSuming right?

Guys Has anyone else gotten invites for the last 2 interview dates April 22 and May 6?? Im starting to give up hope!

UFdanny, I know someone who received their interview invite to the Orlando campus in March 3 days before the interview, just keep checking your email :xf:

UFdanny, I know someone who received their interview invite to the Orlando campus in March 3 days before the interview, just keep checking your email :xf:
3 days WOW That is intense!!! I think I might have a heart attack if I get an E-mail!!!! thanks for renewing my hope!!!:rolleyes: