University of Colorado Class of 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It may sound outlandish at first, but hear me out...

I would like to put together a team of 5 CU SOM 2010 students to participate as a relay team in the Colorado Colfax Marathon on May 21st, 2006. The format for the relay is the "Ekiden" format where 5 runners/walkers go 5 precise distances in sequence: 10K (6.21 mi), 5K (3.1 mi), 10K (6.21 mi), 5K (3.1 mi), and 12 K (7.45 mi) for a total of 42+K (26.2 mi).

As you can see, none of the individual relay legs are that long and if we can get a few experienced runners, there are short legs that people can do as well (don't forget you can jog/walk).

The timing chip is passed to each person on the relay team at each leg. This would not be for a competitive time, but just for the fun of it! The team cost is $175 ($35/person).

I would love to run one of the longer legs and if we could get someone in our midst (eh hem, let's say a triathelete) to run another, we're well on our way to creating our marathon team. The rules for the relay state we need either 2 men and 3 women or 3 men and 2 women.

The course runs right by our new campus (around the flagpole in front of the old Fitz hospital). What say you? Any takers?

Members don't see this ad.

medicalbound said:
It may sound outlandish at first, but hear me out...

I would like to put together a team of 5 CU SOM 2010 students to participate as a relay team in the Colorado Colfax Marathon on May 21st, 2006. The format for the relay is the "Ekiden" format where 5 runners/walkers go 5 precise distances in sequence: 10K (6.21 mi), 5K (3.1 mi), 10K (6.21 mi), 5K (3.1 mi), and 12 K (7.45 mi) for a total of 42+K (26.2 mi).

As you can see, none of the individual relay legs are that long and if we can get a few experienced runners, there are short legs that people can do as well (don't forget you can jog/walk).

The timing chip is passed to each person on the relay team at each leg. This would not be for a competitive time, but just for the fun of it! The team cost is $175 ($35/person).

I would love to run one of the longer legs and if we could get someone in our midst (eh hem, let's say a triathelete) to run another, we're well on our way to creating our marathon team. The rules for the relay state we need either 2 men and 3 women or 3 men and 2 women.

The course runs right by our new campus (around the flagpole in front of the old Fitz hospital). What say you? Any takers?
Ooooo! I would totally do one of the longer legs (either a 10 or the 12K), but my husband is running the whole thing, so I have to look into a sitter for Oscar. Let me get back to you.

C'mon everyone! this is a great idea!

gdbaby said:

I would love to run a leg, but it looks like I'm going to be out of town that weekend. If that changes, I'll be sure to let you know. Sounds like a blast!

Someone convinced me to watch a DVD of Nip/Tuck tonight. I thought that it wasn't a great show by any means, but I did find myself pretty fascinated by the surgery scenes. Hard to believe it won't be so long until we're watching in person....

Only a week and a half until my semi-retirement. The undergrads I tutor take their last exam on the 10th and I've agreed to only tutor a little over the summer. A few months of relaxation!

Members don't see this ad :)
gdbaby said:
Ooooo! I would totally do one of the longer legs (either a 10 or the 12K), but my husband is running the whole thing, so I have to look into a sitter for Oscar. Let me get back to you.

I’m glad to hear that you’re interested in the marathon relay! If you can commit, we’ll only need to find one other “real” runner for the team to run the remaining 10K leg. Anyone short of having congestive heart failure could run/walk the 5K leg, so I feel confident that we could make this work.

I would like the team to consist of people in our class, but if the need arises, we could recruit from some of the other classes. Time is of the essence though, since there are only 3 weeks until the race.

Oh! I just had another idea. Per the relay rules, your husband could run the first relay leg and still run the entire marathon! Spouses would count as contributing members of our class don’t you think? We could keep him in our back pocket (so to speak) as a ringer if the need arises and we can’t find classmates who are ready to run. Obviously it is up to him, but it’s a thought.

Babysitter, duct tape, whatever…let’s do this!

http://www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org

medicalbound said:
I’m glad to hear that you’re interested in the marathon relay! If you can commit, we’ll only need to find one other “real” runner for the team to run the remaining 10K leg. Anyone short of having congestive heart failure could run/walk the 5K leg, so I feel confident that we could make this work.

I would like the team to consist of people in our class, but if the need arises, we could recruit from some of the other classes. Time is of the essence though, since there are only 3 weeks until the race.

Oh! I just had another idea. Per the relay rules, your husband could run the first relay leg and still run the entire marathon! Spouses would count as contributing members of our class don’t you think? We could keep him in our back pocket (so to speak) as a ringer if the need arises and we can’t find classmates who are ready to run. Obviously it is up to him, but it’s a thought.

Babysitter, duct tape, whatever…let’s do this!

http://www.coloradocolfaxmarathon.org

I think I ran 3 miles once in my life. I thought I was going to die after it. If you are scratching the absolute bottom of the barrel then I might be able to run/walk/crawl/roll 3.1 miles. I'll need to check and confirm tomorrow - my parents might be coming during that time.

Hey gd - just strap your son to your back and GO FOR IT.

TacoStand said:
I think I ran 3 miles once in my life. I thought I was going to die after it. If you are scratching the absolute bottom of the barrel then I might be able to run/walk/crawl/roll 3.1 miles. I'll need to check and confirm tomorrow - my parents might be coming during that time.

Hey gd - just strap your son to your back and GO FOR IT.

:laugh:

You know Taco, your new little girl is/will be much lighter than Oscar, you could do the same. Bring your parents out if they're here!

Your description of your "run" cracked me up! It also reminded me of a patient that we had a couple of years ago that was febrile, dehydrated, and just plain sore from crawling for umpteen miles through the night in the freezing rain in an attempt to break a world record - not that this would be you, I'm sure you would be fine!

I hope you'll join the team - I'll talk you into it tomorrow over lunch. :)

medicalbound said:
The gains we will make on the sale of our home will pay rent through school and help keep us solvent through this endeavor.

One other issue to consider: if you have lots of cash in the bank, then your eligibility for the few and small need-based scholarships/grants will drop to nothing. You also will not qualify for the subsidized Stafford loans (unsub are still OK). If the money is still tied up in your primary residence, then you are not expected to contribute anything from that source.

I believe that if you file your FAFSA and financial aid app BEFORE you sell your house, then you would still be OK for the first year, but in second year you will show the money in the bank and lose the subsidized Stafford.

For the need-based scholarships, you would also have to show parental income (even if you are 40 and they are in their 60s). So if they are in a good financial position, you might be ruled out of the need-based scholarships anyway.

MeowMix said:
One other issue to consider: if you have lots of cash in the bank, then your eligibility for the few and small need-based scholarships/grants will drop to nothing. You also will not qualify for the subsidized Stafford loans (unsub are still OK). If the money is still tied up in your primary residence, then you are not expected to contribute anything from that source.

I believe that if you file your FAFSA and financial aid app BEFORE you sell your house, then you would still be OK for the first year, but in second year you will show the money in the bank and lose the subsidized Stafford.

For the need-based scholarships, you would also have to show parental income (even if you are 40 and they are in their 60s). So if they are in a good financial position, you might be ruled out of the need-based scholarships anyway.

True. I sat down with Mercedes in financial aid to talk through the scenarios. The gains will in fact make us ineligible for the grants and subsidized loans after the first year (since we have not yet sold our home). This was also a consideration in buy vs. rent, but was not enough to offset the benefits of the latter.

medicalbound said:
True. I sat down with Mercedes in financial aid to talk through the scenarios. The gains will in fact make us ineligible for the grants and subsidized loans after the first year (since we have not yet sold our home). This was also a consideration in buy vs. rent, but was not enough to offset the benefits of the latter.

Your financial planning is impressive. It would be great if everyone starting med school did the same!

I would be totally interested in running - and glad to talk about something other than tuition hikes! Sorry about always coming off sounding so negative about that by the way, i agree with others that we are all about to get a great medical education, and do believe that the issues with the legislature and tuition are totally seperate and removed from the med school itself. Anyway, i was sad not to be able to make it to the pre-orientation, and actually have that friday off, so i would look forward to coming in for the weekend, doing the race, and maybe doing some apartment hunting while i'm there - provided i could crash with somebody? I could definately knock out a 10k or 12k leg - haven't been training that much so far this year (something about applying to school next year :) ) but could probably muster something at or a little under 7:30/mile.

ABB said:
I would be totally interested in running - and glad to talk about something other than tuition hikes! Sorry about always coming off sounding so negative about that by the way, i agree with others that we are all about to get a great medical education, and do believe that the issues with the legislature and tuition are totally seperate and removed from the med school itself. Anyway, i was sad not to be able to make it to the pre-orientation, and actually have that friday off, so i would look forward to coming in for the weekend, doing the race, and maybe doing some apartment hunting while i'm there - provided i could crash with somebody? I could definately knock out a 10k or 12k leg - haven't been training that much so far this year (something about applying to school next year :) ) but could probably muster something at or a little under 7:30/mile.

Great! As soon as we lock in the 3rd "long" runner, I'll register the team and get everyone the necessary information.

medicalbound said:
Great! As soon as we lock in the 3rd "long" runner, I'll register the team and get everyone the necessary information.
Lock me in! I am putting Oscar on a bus that will take him around the city for a few hours. I am NOT a 7:30 min/mile, but I can knock out a long leg of the race.

Leaving now to go see the IMAX movie "Wired to Win" which follows Baeden Cooke through the Tour de France.

gdbaby said:
Lock me in! I am putting Oscar on a bus that will take him around the city for a few hours. I am NOT a 7:30 min/mile, but I can knock out a long leg of the race.

Leaving now to go see the IMAX movie "Wired to Win" which follows Baeden Cooke through the Tour de France.

Wow, you're faster than 7:30? You're awesome!

Don't worry gd, I'm typically a 9-something mile for a 10K distance. I didn't say I'm a racer, just a runner. I'll pick up the training though for the race so I don't embarrass you too much. :)

How exciting! I'll register the team this weekend and send you guys the information. I met Taco for lunch today (we had Nepalese - not Mexican) and he said he would be a backup runner for a 5K if we need another member. So we'll need one more 5K female for sure and either another female or a male for the last 5K slot (if Taco doesn't run). Too bad mdtela is out of town that weekend, that would round us out nicely.

If anyone else is in the area and is interested in joining our team, don't be shy - it'll be fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
medicalbound said:
How exciting! I'll register the team this weekend and send you guys the information. I met Taco for lunch today (we had Nepalese - not Mexican) and he said he would be a backup runner for a 5K if we need another member. So we'll need one more 5K female for sure and either another female or a male for the last 5K slot (if Taco doesn't run). Too bad mdtela is out of town that weekend, that would round us out nicely.

That's awesome. I wish that was a weekend I was going to be in town looking for housing but I think I'm going to have family visiting and can't get away. Sorry to miss it.

apudoc said:
That's awesome. I wish that was a weekend I was going to be in town looking for housing but I think I'm going to have family visiting and can't get away. Sorry to miss it.

Enjoy spending time with your family - there will be plenty of opportunities to get together soon enough.

So... we need to come up with a team name. Feel free to contribute your ideas even if you can't make the race!

I would like us to keep our class somehow in the name. It'll be nice to show that we're already active as a class in a community event. I'll start with a non-witty contribution:

CU Med Students 2010

medicalbound said:
So... we need to come up with a team name. Feel free to contribute your ideas even if you can't make the race!

I would like us to keep our class somehow in the name. It'll be nice to show that we're already active as a class in a community event. I'll start with a non-witty contribution:

CU Med Students 2010
How bout:

CU SOM Class of 2010: Just because we're going to be doctors doesn't mean we're healthy.

or

CU SOM Class of 2010: If you need a doctor look for "Class of 2006"

gdbaby said:
How bout:

CU SOM Class of 2010: Just because we're going to be doctors doesn't mean we're healthy.

or

CU SOM Class of 2010: If you need a doctor look for "Class of 2006"

:laugh:

I think we should stay at about 20 characters so the name isn't truncated when the teams are listed and the times are posted. Here's the challenge: brilliant and brief. :)

Ok - just booked my flight to denver for that weekend: I'll be arriving thursday the 18th around 10pm and will be leaving first thing monday morning (~6am). I'll probably rent a car since i want to do some driving around the neighborhoods on friday. This is exciting - looking forward to actually meeting the whole crew. As for our team name, i think that in honor of the recent legislative decision regarding tuition there is only one logical name: "Accountable Students." :laugh:

ABB said:
Ok - just booked my flight to denver for that weekend: I'll be arriving thursday the 18th around 10pm and will be leaving first thing monday morning (~6am). I'll probably rent a car since i want to do some driving around the neighborhoods on friday. This is exciting - looking forward to actually meeting the whole crew. As for our team name, i think that in honor of the recent legislative decision regarding tuition there is only one logical name: "Accountable Students." :laugh:
This is brilliant! I would be happy to give you the tour around town on Friday if you want, too.

ABB said:

Great news ABB! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. I'm actively searching for the last 5K participant. I hope to receive some intel today.

Here's the latest list of potential team names in no particular order (I've added a few).

1. CU Med Students 2010
  2. CU SOM 2010 - Accountable Students
  3. CU SOM 2010 - Running With Scalpels
  4. CU SOM 2010 - Acute Marathonitis
  5. CU SOM 2010 - Racing 2BMD's
  6. CU SOM 2010 - Chronic Students

Yes, I know that these are more than 20 chars, but I looked at the list of current team names, and many are of similar lengths.

My favorite one thus far is #5 - notice the double entendre. Other ideas?

medicalbound said:
Great news ABB! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. I'm actively searching for the last 5K participant. I hope to receive some intel today.

Here's the latest list of potential team names in no particular order (I've added a few).

1. CU Med Students 2010
  2. CU SOM 2010 - Accountable Students
  3. CU SOM 2010 - Running With Scalpels
  4. CU SOM 2010 - Acute Marathonitis
  5. CU SOM 2010 - Racing 2BMD's
  6. CU SOM 2010 - Chronic Students

Yes, I know that these are more than 20 chars, but I looked at the list of current team names, and many are of similar lengths.

My favorite one thus far is #5 - notice the double entendre. Other ideas?
If you guys are going to be ambitious and go for a team uniform, you can wear shirts with noses on them and call yourselves CU SOM 2010: The Running Noses.

Hello all. So yesterday I had a super fun birthday weekend - my finance sent me running around town on a treasure hunt to find my present and I had a great time with friends on Saturday night.

Yesterday I also went to the Boulder Humane society to look at bunnies. After falling in love with one who's papers said he was available, I decided to adopt (we've been thinking about getting a bunny for quite some time now). So I brought the papers up to get everything taken care of and was told that a mistake had been made. Apparently, my bunny of choice has a life partner and since the life partner was on hold for someone else, so was he (although I'm not really sure how 3 month old bunnies have life partners. I mean, for all they know this bunny couldn't wait to play the field and get rid of his "life partner"). I seriously felt like I was about six years old and like I wanted to cry right there in the animal shelter. I pulled it together, but I was very sad. So, I'm on a quest for the rabbit that's meant to fall into my life right now. I'd be happy to take any suggestions.

I'm thankful that I only have nine more days of hard core tutoring before a much anticipated sigh of relief. So sorry - this has nothing to do with anything.... just babble....

Loved the babble. Sounds like you had a great weekend and Happy Birthday! Speaking of birthdays...has anyone heard from TacoStand?

Sorry about the bunny. I had a bunny once, it was a great pet and I am sure that once you find yours, you'll have a great time. We are going to pick up our greyhound, Millie, this Saturday. Everyone here is super excited.

Happy birthday mdtela!

So, I'm prepping my yard last night for the new sod that I'm putting in today. It was about 2130, pitch dark, and I'm up to my shoulder in a bag of compost - and do you know what I thought of? "This is still better than studying." I know I'll be ready to get back to the books in August, but I'm finding joy in all the time I'm not spending in academics now. I'm so glad that the wait is over and we'll be med students in just three more months.

medicalbound said:
Happy birthday mdtela!

So, I'm prepping my yard last night for the new sod that I'm putting in today. It was about 2130, pitch dark, and I'm up to my shoulder in a bag of compost - and do you know what I thought of? "This is still better than studying." I know I'll be ready to get back to the books in August, but I'm finding joy in all the time I'm not spending in academics now. I'm so glad that the wait is over and we'll be med students in just three more months.
Yes. Our yard is ready for you to do the same to it! We have sodding in our near future as well. As soon as finals are over here at UCD I get to start painting the house. Never painted a house, but it still beats studying and writing/grading final exams. I, too, am definitely going to enjoy sprucing up the house this summer so that I may begin 4 years of neglect come August.

Can I finish all these tasks?
--paint house
--sod/landscape front yard
--install new windows and siding on sunroom
--build new patio in backyard
--build sanbox for the O-man
--build second bathroom in our basement (okay, we are hiring people to do all the plumbing and construction, but I will be laying the tile and installing the fixtures)
--resurface kitchen cabinets/paint kitchen

This makes me think of another race team name
CU SOM 2010: will work for otoscope

gdbaby said:
Can I finish all these tasks?
--paint house
--sod/landscape front yard
--install new windows and siding on sunroom
--build new patio in backyard
--build sanbox for the O-man
--build second bathroom in our basement (okay, we are hiring people to do all the plumbing and construction, but I will be laying the tile and installing the fixtures)
--resurface kitchen cabinets/paint kitchen

Quite the summer you have in front of you. Most of those projects I've done on my house but they've been over the course of 3 years, not 3 months. I'd be least looking forward to tiling, trim, and finishing in the bathroom and kitchen. For some reason, I can get the major stuff like plumbing, appliances, and cabinets done but I drag my feet when it comes to caulking, trim, molding and paint. I finally got around to the last of the trim and caulking in my kitchen last week because my house was going on the market but I'd finished the rest of the kitchen last summer. My wife and I joke about how our house looks better than ever but we're not going to be living in it much longer. GD, at least you can enjoy for the next four years.

apudoc said:
My wife and I joke about how our house looks better than ever but we're not going to be living in it much longer.

Yes, I'm very familiar with this. I sodded my front yard this past weekend. It ended up taking me 11 hours, but it is done, and it looks great.

I'll be headed to the hospital is about 45min. My wife is being induced tonight, so........

Hopefully, the baby will be born tomorrow. The most likely winner of the beer pool will be May 3rd.

I'll be in touch. Have a great week....

Well, the yard is done and it looks absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the inspiration Taco! I truly hope that things go well for Mrs. 'Stand. She's most likely plugged into the pitocin drip as I write this. The nurses at that hospital are wonderful and we loved your doctor too! Make sure you let us know how everthing went after things settle.

Apudoc, we've had the same conversations. The yard looks better now than any time in the last 9 years that we've owned it - and we're hoping to be out of it in the next two months <sigh>. I am pledging to my wife that I will take better care of the house during medical school. My 5 year old wants to plant a veggie garden and wants to grow Bob's and Larry's (ala Veggie Tales) even though she doesn't like to eat either of them.

gdbaby, I've done drywall, tiling, and now sodding all in the last 6 weeks. I feel your pain. Also, I've got trying to remove black crayon from a white wall that we've hidden with a chair for - oh, let's see...2 years or so. Arghh!

ShyRem said:
Remove crayon from painted walls with WD-40. No kidding. Works very well.
So it's almost 1100 at night and I find myself rummaging through the utility closet to find WD40. It appears that we are out, but will give it a try. Those magic erasers that claim to remove crayons, well... not so much. Thanks for the tip ShyRem!

ShyRem said:
Remove crayon from painted walls with WD-40. No kidding. Works very well.
This is pretty funny. I was at Target last week getting more crayons for my son. I saw they had "washable crayons" for a dollar more. I said to myself: Who the heck would buy washable crayons? So I bought the regular crayons. I give them too my son and he proceeds to color the carpeting in our basement. Washable crayons would have been helpful here.

He had his first full-blown tantrum yesterday (thank god it was in the house). the reason for this tantrum, you may ask?

He couldn't have a hot dog for breakfast.

Hopefully Taco is a daddy right now!

medicalbound said:
So it's almost 1100 at night and I find myself rummaging through the utility closet to find WD40. It appears that we are out, but will give it a try. Those magic erasers that claim to remove crayons, well... not so much. Thanks for the tip ShyRem!

i second WD-40 and a little elbow grease. my youngest brother is 10 years junior and i can't say that i was the most observant babysitter ever. while WD-40 worked great on the crayons, it couldn't touch the sharpie on my parent's wood floor! good luck!

last night i finalized my moving plans. i'm going to fly home to colorado in a couple of weeks and then drive the family truck and horse trailor to chicago to transport all of my worldlies. i have no idea where i'm going to park a horse trailor in downtown chicago, but it should be fun figuring it all out :)

Crayon in carpeting. That's tough, but try this to get most of it: place a brown paper bag over the crayon. Iron OVER THE PAPER BAG with a cool/moderate iron (you want it hot enough to melt the crayon, but not too hot to melt the carpet). The melted crayon will soak into the brown paper bag and away from the carpet. Move the paper bag to get a fresh spot of bag over the carpet and repeat until the crayon is sufficiently faded.

sharpie's also tough, and you might take up a bit of the finishing, but sometimes hairspray (works on ballpoint ink pretty well) or nail polish remover works on sharpie.

ShyRem said:
sharpie's also tough, and you might take up a bit of the finishing, but sometimes hairspray (works on ballpoint ink pretty well) or nail polish remover works on sharpie.

you're like a cleaning superhero!

mayonnaise (REAL mayonnaise) works pretty well on those glass rings on a wood table, too.

I have children. Experience is the best teacher.

tin can said:
i have no idea where i'm going to park a horse trailor in downtown chicago, but it should be fun figuring it all out :)
You just park that thing right in the middle of the street: welcome to life in the city, folks! I remember moving out of Wrigleyville and having our moving truck right in the middle of Sheffield Ave. No one got around that thing. Can't wait til you're here. PM me and we can have lunch or something.

ShyRem said:
mayonnaise (REAL mayonnaise) works pretty well on those glass rings on a wood table, too.

I have children. Experience is the best teacher.
We all need to advocate for Shy's acceptance to CU sans interview before VCU steals her away! I am still bummed.

Shy, your description of me on that "Read my Personal Statement" thread (or some similar thread) has led to a flurry of people wanting me to read their personal statements! I would go nuts as an adcomm member.

Has anyone watched that show "Mystery Diagnosis" on TLC? I am totally hooked. It reminded me of PBL.

gdbaby said:
Has anyone watched that show "Mystery Diagnosis" on TLC? I am totally hooked. It reminded me of PBL.
My name is Tin Can and I have watched "Mystery Diagnosis." This is one of those shows that drives me crazy, but I can't turn it off. It kind of takes 2 steps forward and then 1 step back! Let me see if I can describe the format. Basically they have 3-4 cases per episode, they setup all of the cases, and then rotate giving you just a little bit more information on each one. The part that drives me crazy is when they repeat half of what they just told you and then give you like one tiny piece of new information. They could either cut the show length in half or present twice as many cases!
Plus, every time there's a husband who has a history of being perfectly healthy, then violently ill, then perfectly healthy, then violently ill, etc, it turns out his wife is poisoning him!

tin can said:
Plus, every time there's a husband who has a history of being perfectly healthy, then violently ill, then perfectly healthy, then violently ill, etc, it turns out his wife is poisoning him!
Joe has not caught on to this yet at our house, so let's keep it on the DL. He's having a "good week" this week.

Last night (my first night watching--after Top Chef) they presented each case in its entirety before moving to the next. What I love is how each patient goes to 3 or 4 doctors before they find the one "who really wants to help him." I am going to strive to be that third doctor that refers the patient to the one who can help him.

Has anyone heard anything about an official tuition announcement? I was hoping they'd have final word this week.

bkflaneur said:
Has anyone heard anything about an official tuition announcement? I was hoping they'd have final word this week.

We are still in the realm of "hoping to keep it to single digits," according to the Dean. Do not expect to hear anything before the end of May (you might, but it would be unusually early).

Hello All, I talked to Taco a little while ago, and he is the proud new daddy of a beautiful baby girl! I think we shall call her Margarita, although her real name is much closer to Tin Can's :) Speaking of beverages, the winner of the baby pool goes to whoever guessed May 3rd - Wow! That would be yours truly! And no gd, the free Gatorade on race day doesn't count.

It sounds like the labor (24 hours!) was hellish which resulted in an emergency C-section. Both mom and baby are now doing well and should be discharged tomorrow. I'll let Taco provide the details, but it sounded like a rough ordeal. Even so, they are both truly happy and joyous about their new little one. What a blessing!

Congrats to Taco!!!! The labor sounds a lot like mine. I even remember telling my midwife and OB/Gyn that "I had seen enough TLC's 'Maternity Ward' to know that induction=emergency C-section." No one bought me a beer for that prediction.

So the Gatorade doesn't count? How bout the water station afterward? Man, I have got to stop gambling like this. This is why I won't go to Vegas.

One thing that I thought was funny, was that when Taco was telling me about having to go to the OR, I could tell that he enjoyed seeing the C-section.

Note to Mrs. Taco: If you read this, I'm sure that Mr. Taco was only concerned for you and the baby - and that he did not even consider how interesting the procedure was from a medical perspective. Nope, nothing but love. :)