UK c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So just out of curiosity, does Dublin interview instead and send outright acceptances without interviews? If so, what does that mean in terms of acceptance after the interview stage? Do they interview you if they have doubts or questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Did you interview first or no?

So just out of curiosity, does Dublin interview instead and send outright acceptances without interviews? If so, what does that mean in terms of acceptance after the interview stage? Do they interview you if they have doubts or questions?

Thank you :) I did not interview with them. I read on a previous forum that they usually only interview if you are missing a prereq or maybe your GPA isn't high enough. I'm not exactly sure what prompts them to want to interview certain people, but I believe it's more of a chance to explain your situation, and then they may offer you a chance to complete hours (let's say, if that's what you're lacking) before the enrollment date.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you :) I did not interview with them. I read on a previous forum that they usually only interview if you are missing a prereq or maybe your GPA isn't high enough. I'm not exactly sure what prompts them to want to interview certain people, but I believe it's more of a chance to explain your situation, and then they may offer you a chance to complete hours (let's say, if that's what you're lacking) before the enrollment date.

Thank you so much for clarifying!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I also applied to Dublin and have yet to hear back. I received an interview last year but didn't get in. I did a Master's this past year that improved my GPA, I was wondering if you'd mind sharing your GPA stats?
I'm hoping they didn't send out all their acceptances as of yet.
Thank you so much and good luck :)

After a lot of thinking, I declined both offers of interviews to Dublin and Glasgow. Hopefully that means someone else can get an interview with them!

Hey! I also applied to Dublin and have yet to hear back. I received an interview last year but didn't get in. I did a Master's this past year that improved my GPA, I was wondering if you'd mind sharing your GPA stats?
I'm hoping they didn't send out all their acceptances as of yet.
Thank you so much and good luck :)

Yeah I don't mind! I just recently graduated this past May. I'm an international student from the US.

cum GPA: 3.48
sci GPA: 3.5 (I don't know the exact number, but last I remember it was around this)
last 45: 3.59

Don't remember if Dublin required the GRE or not, but I did pretty average, if anything below average lol sigh
If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer :)

Yeah I don't mind! I just recently graduated this past May. I'm an international student from the US.

cum GPA: 3.48
sci GPA: 3.5 (I don't know the exact number, but last I remember it was around this)
last 45: 3.59

Don't remember if Dublin required the GRE or not, but I did pretty average, if anything below average lol sigh
If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer :)
thank you so much! Hopefully, I'll get an email soon. :)

giphy.gif

Are people still hearing from Dublin?

I heard back from Dublin as well; interview in January :):banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t so I’m not sure what that’s supposed to mean :confused:
So that happened to me with Edinburgh, I think the idea was I was on some imaginary waitlist for interviews and they didn't outright reject me or send me anything until the cutoff for replying for an invitation to interview had passed. If you're worried, you can send an email about "checking on your application" but I would definitely call them after interviews have passed. Also, think about if you have any prerequisites left for their school to do, I read (on here) they typically will outright accept vs interview if you have all of the prereq's done. Good luck, you've got this!

I heard back with a conditional offer from Dublin today! Does anyone know if there is a place I can check in my portal to see what prerequisite I'm missing?!?!?! I can only see my general information on the application page!

I heard back with a conditional offer from Dublin today! Does anyone know if there is a place I can check in my portal to see what prerequisite I'm missing?!?!?! I can only see my general information on the application page!
Me too!! Congrats!

Also, my email said my letter would outline the conditions which will come in the coming weeks!

Also, my email said my letter would outline the conditions which will come in the coming weeks!

Oh my god I totally missed that part hahah! Thank you, and congrats! :D

Congrats guys!!

I also received my conditional offer today! Just need to take Microbio now.

Congrats to everyone :) I also received my conditional offer today!

Is anyone going to the NYC UCD info session? I found a great (and cheap) Airbnb and I’d love to meet potential new classmates!

Those with conditional offers; Congrats! Are you applying from the states?

I got an acceptance from RVC!!!!! I’m crying my eyes out!!!! So excited!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
They’re sending additional offers in January correct? A bit worried

Accepted to RVC!!!! Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back :))

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how the acceptances go out? I know it is a rolling acceptance through end of January.

They’re sending additional offers in January correct? A bit worried
When I interviewed, the said they would try to send out acceptances to the top candidates before Christmas and the rest mid January.

Does anyone know anything about RVC's two full ride scholarships available for international students? Is the invitation to apply for it sent with the acceptance email?

Does anyone know anything about RVC's two full ride scholarships available for international students? Is the invitation to apply for it sent with the acceptance email?

If I understood correctly, you are automatically entered when you are accepted/confirm attendance. I don’t think you actually have to apply.

Are there any current UCD students on this forum that took pets with them? Or any possible students who want to bring pets?

If I understood correctly, you are automatically entered when you are accepted/confirm attendance. I don’t think you actually have to apply.

If I recall correctly, at the interview they said they would send the top ranking candidates that accepted (like top 10% or something) an application. The people that were sent the application would then write an essay then 2 winners would be chosen based on the essays.

Hey all!
I've been spinning my wheels a bit about the interview process. Does anyone have metrics on the likelihood of an acceptance after interview? I've only seen a rejection posted (previous year's SDN forum thread.) I know that an interview means they are interested and invested in you as a potential student, I'm just not sure what the general stats are.
Thanks!

Hey all!
I've been spinning my wheels a bit about the interview process. Does anyone have metrics on the likelihood of an acceptance after interview? I've only seen a rejection posted (previous year's SDN forum thread.) I know that an interview means they are interested and invested in you as a potential student, I'm just not sure what the general stats are.
Thanks!
I would be curious as well.

Hey all!
Thanks!
So the only thing I know is that they have 35 spots for non-residents!

35 is a very tight number. Here's to praying for the best. So top 10% who were notified of acceptance last week would be 4. And another 31left to be notified next month based on 35 non-residence offers. Makes me wonder how many non resident applicants they interviewed in total

Last edited:
Are there any current UCD students on this forum that took pets with them? Or any possible students who want to bring pets?
:hello: Current 3rd year at Dublin. I adopted my dog after I'd moved to Dublin, but I can try to answer questions about moving over with pets & finding pet-friendly housing. A few of my classmates did come over with their dogs. Feel free to pm me :)

Does anyone know if Edinburgh requires fall transcripts?

RVC conditional offer!! Wohooo! This is my dream school :D

Reactions: 4 users
35 is a very tight number. Here's to praying for the best. So top 10% who were notified of acceptance last week would be 4. And another 31left to be notified next month based on 35 non-residence offers. Makes me wonder how many non resident applicants they interviewed in total
35 is the number of spots, though. Not the number of acceptances that will be sent. Many who recieve offers will end up declining. So schools generally send out many more acceptances than they have spots!