UK Vet Schools c/o 2027/2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’ve been refreshing like crazy everyday 🥲 still nothing yet. Does anyone know why they send out acceptances in different waves ??
Because they’re British and like to make things difficult 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Members don't see this ad.

I’ve been refreshing like crazy everyday 🥲 still nothing yet. Does anyone know why they send out acceptances in different waves ??
I was in the same boat honestly 😅 I assume it’s so their system isn’t overloaded, and it’s based on where/when you interviewed. I interviewed November 10th in Philadelphia, and saw my portal updated around Christmas. I know they said it was pretty likely they would be sending out decisions through February, so definitely still time to hear back!

Reactions: 1 user
I know that so far there's been kind of a moratorium on talking about this, but how are you guys going about setting up loans/worrying about paying for vet school? It was all sort of spoon-fed in undergrad, now with going abroad and it being higher education I'm finding resources really scarce. All anything says is like, "Fill out your FAFSA then just shut up" and I just cannot imagine there's nothing else.
You really are walked through the process if you do use FAFSA. Your school should reach out to you regarding financial things once you fully commit to a program. If the school is eligible to receive US federal loans (which most if not all accredited abroad schools are) then it’s fairly straightforward. Don’t stress :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, may I ask you did you applied Bristol as an international applicant? I haven't heard anything from Bristol.
Yes I did. I hope everything turned out well for you! Sorry I didn't respond till now.

At my interview they made it really clear that there is no real order as to when people hear back. They make the decisions and the packets end up on someone's desk - it's just a matter of how quickly it gets inputted. They explained it saying a stack could be put on said desk and as the person is processing the applications, another stack could be put on top so where you are and when you receive the decision makes no difference. They also told us that we should expect a response by end of March so that's my expectation and if I hear back before then, it's good news : )

I got my acceptance today from RVC!! Was originally considered for the 4yr program and they emailed me this morning saying i didnt get into that one, but was given a spot for the 5yr program!! happy tears were very much shed

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y’all, does anyone have advice for edinburghs mmi? ive never done an mmi before and am not sure how much to prepare for it

i’m so happy that this thread exists lol but i applied to glasgow and rvc and was accepted before christmas! i’ll most likely be declining my seat in glasgow for those that were waitlisted at glasgow.

for rvc, have there been facebook groups set up? looking to connect with more students :)

i’m so happy that this thread exists lol but i applied to glasgow and rvc and was accepted before christmas! i’ll most likely be declining my seat in glasgow for those that were waitlisted at glasgow.

for rvc, have there been facebook groups set up? looking to connect with more students :)
I don’t think seen any groups pop up on Facebook yet. If you decide to make one and post about it here I’m sure people will wander over there

I haven’t seen a c/o 2027 page here or on FB yet, but please let us all know if you make/see one! Congratulations, btw!

I haven’t seen a c/o 2027 page here or on FB yet, but please let us all know if you make/see one! Congratulations, btw!

i’m down to make a FB page and thread here but i’m not sure about the logistics. i’ve seen some groups but i’m not sure if they’re legit lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have experience on how much does glasgow's waitlist move and what are the latest date they might pull people off waitlsit

Does anyone know when RVC notifies candidates for the international student full scholarship? At my interview in November they mentioned they made a list of potential recipients based on GPA and interview scores, and would ask those people to write a mini personal statement. I will likely not be a candidate lol, but was just wondering about the timeline

591F78D6-CC30-4312-85A0-FA34C57EA2EA.png

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when RVC notifies candidates for the international student full scholarship? At my interview in November they mentioned they made a list of potential recipients based on GPA and interview scores, and would ask those people to write a mini personal statement. I will likely not be a candidate lol, but was just wondering about the timeline
I’m wondering about this too!

If I haven’t heard back from RVC by now is
it basically a denial? I had my interview on Nov 11th but know the chances, and was just hoping if anyone else had any info!

it basically a denial? I had my interview on Nov 11th but know the chances, and was just hoping if anyone else had any info!
Don’t be discouraged! A lot of people in the US and Canada applied to RVC and are still waiting to hear back from other schools :). Once they go down the list, you might hear back from them. They have a lot of applicants but not all of them will accept their RVC offers.

I haven’t heard either and my interview was Nov 18th. I was wondering the same thing. I saw on the booklet they gave us said that we should be hearing by next week. That might be tentative though and I heard someone said possibly March. Hoping to hear something soon 🥹!

My friend who also had the interview on November told me they will continue to send out acceptance letters till March.

since this is a thread regarding UK schools and i’m finding myself with an inner conflict, i’m looking for some guidance regarding glasgow and rvc:

for those that applied to both or will be attending one over the other….why? i want to go to the rvc but my mind keeps thinking about glasgow. currently trying to make my pros and cons list but i’d like to hear from others too. cheers!

since this is a thread regarding UK schools and i’m finding myself with an inner conflict, i’m looking for some guidance regarding glasgow and rvc:

for those that applied to both or will be attending one over the other….why? i want to go to the rvc but my mind keeps thinking about glasgow. currently trying to make my pros and cons list but i’d like to hear from others too. cheers!
I can’t speak for Glasgow but I chose RVC in part due to the fact that the teaching hospital on the Hawkshead campus is a trauma 1 center (the only one outside of North America) and one of the largest referral hospitals in Europe. I know I want to go into specialty practice later and want to be in a place where I can try and learn more about it and foster relationships with the doctors for the future.
I think it all depends on what you want to do with your time in vet school and after, location doesn’t matter as much as the opportunities the school will offer you

Does anyone know what RVC's course schedule structure is like? Like do their years run September-May or do they have shorter summers?

Does anyone know what RVC's course schedule structure is like? Like do their years run September-May or do they have shorter summers?
Hey, I'm a current Graduate Accelerated Year 1 RVC student. Year 1 (whether for the 4 year or 5 year program) usually starts the last week of September as "Freshers Week" (more of an orientation week with social events, lectures start the following week) and ends after the 3rd week of June (so for me, this is September 26 2022 - June 23 2023).

Winter Vacation is for 3 weeks (2 weeks of December + 1 week of January). Spring Vacation is for 6 weeks(!!!) starting from the 2nd week of March, but you are expected to complete your lambing AHEMS for at least 2 of these weeks. Spring Term lectures start last week of April and go until 3rd week of May. It's pretty much 3 "Dead weeks" from there until Finals during the 2nd and 3rd week of June.

The official 2023-2024 Term Dates haven't been released yet, so it is possible (although unlikely, as they made some pretty big changes to the Year 1 schedule just last year) that something could change, but you should be notified via email when they are released. I can also PM you this year's schedule if you want to see the schedule above visually, too.

If you want to see when exams roughly are, click on whatever program you applied to in the "Exams Timetables" tab on this page.

Hey, I'm a current Graduate Accelerated Year 1 RVC student. Year 1 (whether for the 4 year or 5 year program) usually starts the last week of September as "Freshers Week" (more of an orientation week with social events, lectures start the following week) and ends after the 3rd week of June (so for me, this is September 26 2022 - June 23 2023).

Winter Vacation is for 3 weeks (2 weeks of December + 1 week of January). Spring Vacation is for 6 weeks(!!!) starting from the 2nd week of March, but you are expected to complete your lambing AHEMS for at least 2 of these weeks. Spring Term lectures start last week of April and go until 3rd week of May. It's pretty much 3 "Dead weeks" from there until Finals during the 2nd and 3rd week of June.

The official 2023-2024 Term Dates haven't been released yet, so it is possible (although unlikely, as they made some pretty big changes to the Year 1 schedule just last year) that something could change, but you should be notified via email when they are released. I can also PM you this year's schedule if you want to see the schedule above visually, too.

If you want to see when exams roughly are, click on whatever program you applied to in the "Exams Timetables" tab on this page.
Hello,
Would you mind PMing me the schedule?
Thank you!

Conditional Acceptance to RVC! Im shaking and sobbing

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anybody else still hasn’t heard back from RVC 😅?

Thank you so much!! I would love to see last years schedule if you don’t mind!

I'm still waiting to hear back from RVC, but I was accepted to UCD Dublin for the 4-year program. Does anybody have pros and cons between these schools? I'm trying to narrow down which one I want to attend! I'm also from the states too!

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from RVC?
I just heard back today so I'm sure they are actively processing. They said not to worry about it and it would likely take through mid March to hear back! So no news isn't bad news :)

Oh I'd love to start a Facebook group!!

I keep trying to join this group and don't think im being accepted. Anyone else having this problem?
I tried the whats app group too and the link didn't work.

Anyone who has traveled with a pet from the US to the U.K. that I could PM?? I might be starting at RVC in the fall and I have so many questions

also interested in this! My cat is definitely coming with me :)
I haven't personally traveled with any pets, but the clinic I work at does a lot of health certificates for pets traveling to the UK and we always recommend starting early. The UK is very strict about vaccinations (especially rabies) and quarentinte times; and I heard the process could take up to a month.

Anyone who has traveled with a pet from the US to the U.K. that I could PM?? I might be starting at RVC in the fall and I have so many questions
This is also a good resource for a step by step process:

Who is still waiting to hear back from RVC!? ME! My interview was on November 15th and they said we would hear back by February 15th at the latest.

Who is still waiting to hear back from RVC!? ME! My interview was on November 15th and they said we would hear back by February 15th at the latest.
Me too! I interviewed November 21st. The waiting is so hard

Rejected by RVC yesterday, but officially committed to Glasgow!